Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2014, 16:11   #46

Re: My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC

Hi
Harry am planning to buy a sub 15 lack car preferably diesel. i have test driven all most all cars except new vento DSG. I have narrowed down to NHC ID tech and ciaz diesel zdi.i have test driven honda twice and TD car was a 25000 run car. i am satisfied with interiors and ride quality but the engine noise was unbearable and was much more than my 90000 run fiesta TDCI .what is your observation???? about engine noice and vibration.ciaz was much more fun to drive and much more quieter.
Old 23rd October 2014, 10:20   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

If you are concerned about engine noise, better stay away from Honda. I found Ciaz Diesel to be both refined and quicker than the City Diesel.
Even we will be in the market for a sedan by next march when Z+ variants of Ciaz are launched. We'll also be studying our requirements and fuel prices, hence car is not yet finalised. As of now, our decision is- For petrol- City Vx, and if its a diesel then Ciaz Zdi+.
Regards
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 23:01   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argee9 View Post
Hi
Harry am planning to buy a sub 15 lack car preferably diesel. i have test driven all most all cars except new vento DSG. I have narrowed down to NHC ID tech and ciaz diesel zdi.i have test driven honda twice and TD car was a 25000 run car. i am satisfied with interiors and ride quality but the engine noise was unbearable and was much more than my 90000 run fiesta TDCI .what is your observation???? about engine noice and vibration.ciaz was much more fun to drive and much more quieter.
Its been near 6000km and I am really satisfied with City till now. No issues whatsoever.

Engine noise is more in TD car than the ones which we got at least from July Onwards and that's been confirmed by others as well.
Personally I don't find it bothersome and with music system on you will hardly notice any. IMO it's better than Vento.

Haven't driven Ciaz till now so I can't comment on it.

I will suggest try to drive a car from some owner to get a better idea about engine noise.

Do drive the Vento dsg if you don't have issues with VW like I do. As a car it will be real fun to drive.

Also on a side note also TD the new Fiesta. It's a pure drivers car and if space isn't a priority should appeal to you.

Last edited by harry10 : 26th October 2014 at 23:03.
harry10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 12:03   #49

Thanks Harry
in fact i have test driven new fiesta also since my present car is 2010 fiesta diesel and i am satisfied with fords quality and ASS;but new fiestas interiors are cramped and it feels just like my old fiesta except for some new features,i also noticed that the suspension is little noisy.not value for money.
i have test driven old vento it has huge turbo lag,suspension not good as my old fiesta.I have to find a post july car for test drive .
Old 10th November 2014, 13:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argee9 View Post
Thanks Harry
in fact i have test driven new fiesta also since my present car is 2010 fiesta diesel and i am satisfied with fords quality and ASS;but new fiestas interiors are cramped and it feels just like my old fiesta except for some new features,i also noticed that the suspension is little noisy.not value for money.
i have test driven old vento it has huge turbo lag,suspension not good as my old fiesta.I have to find a post july car for test drive .
I guess you should wait till Jan so you can get a 2015 registered car which will help in resale later on. Additional benefit is by then we will also have ownership reviews of Ciaz so you can make a much informed decision.

Agreed on Fiesta part. The interiors feel cramped and space at the back is too less in comparison to city and Ciaz. Vento is an old design now and IMO keep your choice between City and Ciaz and decide it finally in Jan.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed