Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2014, 20:40   #46
BHPian

Can you please give a breakup of the conditions you are getting this mileage in? Like heavy traffic? AC? Sedate driving? Etc etc. because you are getting a very good FE which is highly tempting for people like me to persist with the booking of diesel and not canceling it for petrol with falling petrol prices!!

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 1st September 2014, 10:16   #47
BHPian

Re: Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post
Can you please give a breakup of the conditions you are getting this mileage in? Like heavy traffic? AC? Sedate driving? Etc etc. because you are getting a very good FE which is highly tempting for people like me to persist with the booking of diesel and not canceling it for petrol with falling petrol prices!!

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
A/C on. 27 or 28 deg c as I feel comfortable.
Traffic is moderate. Will drive 15 or 16 kms up and down together. Signal stoppage about 2 to 3 minutes. Try driving to get green ring in 5th gear between 60 and 70. Week ends travel up to 50 kms in city with thin traffic.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 15:05   #48
BHPian

Red Bull 1st service Update

The 1st service was due on 13th September. As I am moving to my native place on a three days trip, I decided to give it for 1st service on 10th. Booked it for 10th and left it for 1service by 8-30 in the morning at Sundaram Honda Mount Road. I had no complaints and just told the Service advisor to look for any noise in the engine and he said he will also connect the Debug port to a Laptop and check if all parameters are ok.

The vehicle was given back by 5-00 in the evening and all looked ok except that they had put a news paper as the paper floor mat they usually place for the driver foot well after water wash. I am yet to talk to them.

Otherwise all look ok. Now the mileage information:

Total Kilometres run: 808.
Fuel efficiency as per the System: 21 Km/Ltr.
Actual distance run after 1st tank fill up: 615.3

Mileage as per Tank full to Tank full method: 19.5 Km/Ltr

Odo Pictures attached: Total Kms done:
Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-p1090100.jpg

Mileage Information by System:
Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-p1090103.jpg

Yet to test the Highway performance and mileage. Will update by 15th after a 600 Km highway trip.
Seran Manian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 09:48   #49
BHPian

Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC -1st Highway Experience

Had the first Highway experience between 12th and 14th.

Route: Chennai (Sholinganallur) - Pondicherry - Kadalur - Chidambaram - Sirkali - Poompuhar - Mayiladuthurai - Poompuhar and back via same route.

Started on 12th at 9-30 AM. Drove at a sedate 70 to 90 Km/hr where ever the traffic permitted. I really cannot vouch it to be a highway as it is a two lane state highway all the way. (Now being expanded in to a 4 lane one till Pondicherry). I had hardly enjoyed the Cruise Control feature as the on coming traffic (when those guys wanted to overtake some one they will come straight up against us and we will have to cut the speed) made me reduce the speed quite frequently. Reached Poompuhar at 2-00 PM with a break of about 20 minutes on the way.

Made Local visits to Mayiladuthurai and started back on 14th at 10-30 AM. Had lunch break at Pondicherry (Sarguru) and started again and reached Chennai (Sholinganallur) at 4-00 PM. As mentioned earlier never crossed 2000 rpm or more than 80 KMPH.

What I liked:
--------------
1. Light clutch - Really enjoyed driving with a light clutch.

2. Could manage a good seating position while going and so had not back pain or what so ever after 5 hours of driving.

3. Free steering - It was a joy to negotiate the traffic.

4. A/C it was very nice. Even after parking in the hot sun all the occupants were comfortable with in 5 minutes. (3 for most part and 4 at some places)

5. Rear leg Space- They enjoyed it and had no complaints.

6. Head Light throw: I have no complaints about Long and Short beam throw.

What I thought it might be better to have:
-----------------------------------------------

1. More pulling power in highways, when I shift gears. I can see it struggling for breath, when I press the accelerator to surge ahead.

2. Not quite happy about the way it handles pot holes or speed breakers though I knew it is not a Ford Fiesta or Renault Duster.

Now coming to the Mileage Part:
------------------------------------
I got a over all mileage of 24.8 as per system for 530+ Kms covered. Attached a few pictures of the Speedo Console...

Total Odo reading has crossed 1300 Kms...
Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-p1090290.jpg

Trip A: 560+ Kms...
Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-p1090291.jpg

Trip A: Average Mileage...
Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-p1090292.jpg
Seran Manian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 16:12   #50
BHPian

Ceramic Quartz Treatment done to Red Bull

Today I got the CQ coating done to RedBull at DriveClean - Chennai. He has done a wonderful job. details and pictures posted in the link below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...ml#post3536611

Just attaching a sample picture after coating:

Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-11_s.jpg

Very good is it not? Hope You like the picture. Bye for now...
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 10:48   #51
BHPian

Re: Ceramic Quartz Treatment done to Red Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Today I got the CQ coating done to RedBull at DriveClean - Chennai. He has done a wonderful job.

Very good is it not? Hope You like the picture. Bye for now...
Excellent, have been looking for such solution in Chennai for longtime

Thought Ulitmate Detailerz is the only option to get CQuartz treatment, now good to know that we have a option in chennai

Can you please share the process followed in the treatment, time taken for the treatment and the cost of the same

Also please provide the contact details of the vendor
Old 19th September 2014, 11:39   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmraja View Post
Excellent, have been looking for such solution in Chennai for longtime

Thought Ulitmate Detailerz is the only option to get CQuartz treatment, now good to know that we have a option in chennai

Can you please share the process followed in the treatment, time taken for the treatment and the cost of the same

Also please provide the contact details of the vendor
Thanks ckmraja, I have posted all the details in...

He is a very honest person in my opinion and should be able to answer all your queries. If you need any further assistance please let me know.
Old 19th September 2014, 11:45   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ckmraja, I have posted all the details in...

He is a very honest person in my opinion and should be able to answer all your queries. If you need any further assistance please let me know.
Gone through your excellent write up

Can you please PM the cost of the treatment
Old 19th September 2014, 12:43   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmraja View Post
Gone through your excellent write up

Can you please PM the cost of the treatment
Have PMed you. Thanks for your complements. Will be happy to support, in case you need any help.
Old 19th September 2014, 13:22   #55
BHPian

Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red - Highway Mileage - Tank Full Method

I had posted the highway mileage as indicated by the system immediately on return from a 560 Kms trip. Could not cross check it with Tank full to Tank full method immediately. Red Bull did about 100 plus Kms local trip in the last 4 days including Cq Treatment. Filled the tank today and noted the Kms covered.

So the Mileage by Tank Full method:

Distance: 669.5 Kms
Fuel: 19.42 + 10.77 Litres
Mileage: 669.5/30.19 = 22.2 Kms/Lt.

Looks good. Would have got a slightly better one had I filled up immediately on return I hope.
Old 22nd September 2014, 04:50   #56
BHPian

Quote:

So the Mileage by Tank Full method:

Distance: 669.5 Kms
Fuel: 19.42 + 10.77 Litres
Mileage: 669.5/30.19 = 22.2 Kms/Lt
Those are some amazing numbers :thumbup:. The city's on screen display is proved to be very close to actual numbers hence I don't think there would have been any major difference even if topped up immediately after the highway sprint.
Anyways I know the feeling when we see the number 23 or above which is just a whisker lower than the ARAI numbers .

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 23:28   #57
BHPian

Congratulations on your Red Bull, Mr.Manian .

I have the new city myself, but an iVtec though. I haven't really done any changes yet to the car, except for the tyres. I changed to the Michellin Primary 3ST 195/60/R15 .

The blaupunkt HU looks real nice and the installation done on your car looks immaculate and has definitely tempted me to think about changing my HU as well.

If I may ask, do you still have the stock speakers or did you replace them by any chance ?
Old 26th September 2014, 12:08   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitKumarVinay View Post
Congratulations on your Red Bull, Mr.Manian .

I have the new city myself, but an iVtec though. I haven't really done any changes yet to the car, except for the tyres. I changed to the Michellin Primary 3ST 195/60/R15 .

The blaupunkt HU looks real nice and the installation done on your car looks immaculate and has definitely tempted me to think about changing my HU as well.

If I may ask, do you still have the stock speakers or did you replace them by any chance ?
Glad that you like the look of Sandiego. No, I did not change the speakers. But the forum says the Speakers that come with V and VX are a tad better than those that come in SV and S. For me the Speakers looked acceptable and changing them does not create any warranty issues and I can do it any time with a good Panasonic ones that come with V and VX.

Michelin Primary 3ST is a very good choice, I too had it in mind and slowly got away as I had spent a good money already on enhancements .
Old 26th September 2014, 12:13   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Glad that you like the look of Sandiego. No, I did not change the speakers. But the forum says the Speakers that come with V and VX are a tad better than those that come in SV and S. For me the Speakers looked acceptable and changing them does not create any warranty issues and I can do it any time with a good Panasonic ones that come with V and VX.

Michelin Primary 3ST is a very good choice, I too had it in mind and slowly got away as I had spent a good money already on enhancements .
I have the V Variant, speakers are definitely heavy and does not sound the same when you sit in the rear seat. If you ever plan to change the speakers go for Kicker or Infinity component speakers, they are really good.
AmitKumarVinay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 22:03   #60
BHPian

Red Bull Crosses 2200 KMs

Just came back after a 500 KM Highway travel. Red Bull has crossed a 2200 KMs from Aug 13th 2014 - the day it was brought home from Sundaram Honda.

The Journey has been very nice with virtually no hick-ups. Slowly the gear shift is becoming better as every day passes. Started on 28th, the day after a hell of a calamity in TN and was worried all the way if the Journey would be broken any time any where. With Gods grace I had no issues on the way to Mayiladuthurai or during my return today.

This time, while returning I really did not care to manage the rpm to keep the Green Ring glowing as I was more concerned to reach the destination safe and the result was evident as the system mileage dropped to 22+ from 24+ I had while going.

Now coming to the Highway mileage: (Only as per system). Picture1: Odo reads 2215 KMs
Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-p1090817.jpg

Picture 2: Highway milage as per system: 22.7 KM/Ltr
Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-p1090818.jpg
Seran Manian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks