Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2014, 09:25   #31
BHPian

re: Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post
This is the price list from Perfect honda, Trivandrum
DoctorKK, You are blessed to have a RTO Tax structure like that I suppose. It looks to be 8.33 present or so. Please find attached ours. Read the column Headings as Ex-Showroom Price, Insurance, RTO Tax plus handling, Extended Warranty and RSA, Total Price and finally Add on Insurance (B2B).
You can see that Our Handling charges it self is 11000 flat.

For SV Metallic the RTO Tax is 977900 * 10% = 97790 and add Handling 11K it comes to 108790.

For V Metallic RTO Tax is 1035000 * 15% = 155250 + Handling 11k = 166250.
Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-20140820_090544.jpg
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 11:04   #32
BHPian

Oh... so both of us are right in our own sense! ! Think kerala govt is charging much less taxes and it is indeed blessing to buy the car from here. Before booking even I thought of buying the SV variant considering the tax differences but only after I got the price list I realized that the V is worth the difference we are paying. So I went for the V. The taxes charges by TN govt is too high.
I remember people buying maruti cars from harayana and bringing to UP to save taxes. There used to be a Gwalior mela where taxes were exempted from vehicles and people used to wait for it to buy new cars! !
Don't know whether it's still there.
Old 20th August 2014, 12:01   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Oh... so both of us are right in our own sense! ! Think kerala govt is charging much less taxes and it is indeed blessing to buy the car from here.
Sigh... Kerala is my home state, the tax is one thing I appreciate about it now!
I had to pay close to 1.4lakhs as tax for my Petrol SV.
Here is the current pricing from Magnum Honda http://www.magnumhonda.com/toolkit/h...lore-en-in.htm
Quote:
The taxes charges by TN govt is too high.
Please don't twist the knife Doctor , in Bangalore I paid higher tax for a much cheaper car!
Old 20th August 2014, 14:42   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_king View Post
Sigh... Kerala is my home state, the tax is one thing I appreciate about it now!
I had to pay close to 1.4lakhs as tax for my Petrol SV.
Here is the current pricing from Magnum Honda http://www.magnumhonda.com/toolkit/h...lore-en-in.htm
Please don't twist the knife Doctor , in Bangalore I paid higher tax for a much cheaper car!
Oh dear! ! The V diesel is 1.14 lakh dearer in bangalore than kerala! !
Though I m not from kerala and don't like the state in certain ways ( frequent strikes, poor roads, bad driving conditions etc), I am loving this aspect of kerala as of now ☺ I could not have afforded the V otherwise! !
Old 20th August 2014, 14:44   #35
BHPian

By the way would it have been cheaper for u to buy the car from kerala and take it to bangalore and re register it later? Any ideas what charges it would be and what all documents will that require?
Old 22nd August 2014, 14:13   #36
Team-BHP Support

Thread has been moved out from the Assembly Line section once again. Thanks for sharing!
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 14:48   #37
BHPian

Quote:
By the way would it have been cheaper for u to buy the car from kerala and take it to bangalore and re register it later? Any ideas what charges it would be and what all documents will that require?
I could have bought the Petrol City SV about a lakh cheaper in Kerala. If I want to bring it to Bangalore and use it, other than the mandatory documents for a vehicle, I would need an NOC from the police (means the vehicle does not have any outstanding fines/cases) and pay the tax here. This KA tax should be about the same as what everyone pays for a new iVTEC SV because RTO would not be giving any rebate for a new car. Effectively this means I get to pay taxes in two states for the same vehicle. Of course, the Kerala government would return most of the taxes I remitted there in due time.

Not a good idea financially, not a good idea practically (a long time ago I had to put in considerable efforts to get an NOC for my bike, took about 6 months).

PS: If in Kerala, still would have gone for the SV and buy way cooler alloys that you would be getting, not to mention the ICE
sun_king is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 19:30   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_king View Post
PS: If in Kerala, still would have gone for the SV and buy way cooler alloys that you would be getting, not to mention the ICE
Well,that is a good point as well!! Specially when you consider the fact that City alloys are not the best in class. But being in Kerala where the cost difference between the 'V' and 'SV' is justifiable with the accessories you get,I preferred the 'V'. And more so you get 'factory fitted' accessories. For me it was also to save more time and effort in getting almost everything from the showroom rather than going to other shops and hunting for good deals!!
Both the methods are justifiable 😀

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 22nd August 2014, 21:28   #39
BHPian

Re: Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red

Very crisp and neatly written. Congratulations !!!! again. I personally liked the small black touch on the seat covers & the fitting seams to be nice from the pictures , also I liked the way the ribbon was placed by the dealership it was different than the usual V pattern.Keep us updated. Thank You.

cheers,
pdma.
Old 23rd August 2014, 07:02   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Very crisp and neatly written. Congratulations !!!! again. I personally liked the small black touch on the seat covers & the fitting seams to be nice from the pictures , also I liked the way the ribbon was placed by the dealership it was different than the usual V pattern.Keep us updated. Thank You.

cheers,
pdma.
Thanks for your wishes and glad that you liked it. When I did covering of logan seats in 2008, they simply pulled it over and fixed. Now they have strings inside that are pulled to make the cover get closer to the seat and in 4 places they fix it on the seat. I had only a few choices with the covers with breather holes a black one and this.
Old 25th August 2014, 22:08   #41
BHPian

As already mentioned I have posted my experience with 3M CARCARE OMR. The link is http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...ml#post3514506

Your comments are welcome...
Old 26th August 2014, 10:51   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
As already mentioned I have posted my experience with 3M CARCARE OMR. The link is http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...ml#post3514506

Your comments are welcome...
That's a bad experience. First they sold something which you were not interested and they did not inform you the cost. Not professional at all. If you manage to go there for the 2 sq.ft, make a point to tell them that you are going to spread your bad experience to people. In this era of social media power, it will instill some fear into them even if they don't openly acknowledge it.
Vahanam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 09:56   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanam View Post
That's a bad experience. First they sold something which you were not interested and they did not inform you the cost. Not professional at all. If you manage to go there for the 2 sq.ft, make a point to tell them that you are going to spread your bad experience to people. In this era of social media power, it will instill some fear into them even if they don't openly acknowledge it.
Yes. You are right I will go and tell them about putting it up in the Social Media. Thanks for sharing your views.
Old 28th August 2014, 17:09   #44
BHPian

Final Update on over charging issue (I mentioned a few posts earlier) 3M Car care OMR: 3M regional rep called up and apologised. Details in the link below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...ml#post3517359
Old 31st August 2014, 15:13   #45
BHPian

Re: Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-500Km Update

Crosses 500 Kms as of today:

Getting a very good Mileage. Gives me more than 20 KMPL in City (yet to go for a long drive).
The Window glass motor looks to be more powerful (than needed). Gives a real jerk at every start and stop.
Between 11-00 AM and 2-00 PM the sun rays fall directly on the HU Display and makes viewing a bit un comfortable. I had no such issues of Sun Light falling on Dash in Logan. The overly slant design could be the cause for all this I suppose.
The Carnelian Red looks very attractive every morning. But very difficult to keep clean. After a clean-up in the morning, it becomes dirty in one 10 KM drive.
As of now no issues. Love driving it.

Picture below: 531KM in Odo...
Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-p1090078.jpg

Trip Meter cleared at Tank fill-up... Showing 20+ KMPL...
Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-p1090080.jpg
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks