Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2014, 11:10   #121
BHPian

Re: Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review

What's with the huge side moldings? First the Grand i10 and now the Avventura. Not only do they look el cheapo, but they are a pain to maintain... I wonder why such nonsensical design elements spread so easily across manufacturers.
TheLizardKing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 11:46   #122
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You know, we gave a lot of heat to Fiat's implementation of the tail-mounted spare. Guess what I came across while searching tail-mounted spares (for the Scorpio official review):

Related Post
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 11:52   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
What's with the huge side moldings? First the Grand i10 and now the Avventura. Not only do they look el cheapo, but they are a pain to maintain... I wonder why such nonsensical design elements spread so easily across manufacturers.
I got a message on Whatsapp... "Its an irony that people in India put screenguards on smartphones with Gorilla glasses but not helmets on their heads"

This is pretty much similar.
People are more worried about scratches on doors but not worried of not having ABS and Airbags.

The side mouldings and those door edge guards(see picture below) that people put on the door edges have taken birth because of this 'scratch-o-phobia'
Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review-capture.jpg

Although I'm not entirely against it, its definitely overdone. The mouldings on the new Dzire is the ugliest of all I have seen till now.

For a cross variant which is supposed to go over some rough roads(and also that drives on normal roads), it needs protection against the tough elements.

Its a different story that Etios cross and Polo cross can't go over any tougher roads than their normal counterparts.

Of all the cars with side mouldings, Avventura mouldings gel well with the entire look I must say even though it is the widest.
hemanth.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 12:00   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bird View Post
The interior space is as it used to be in the punto , afterall its not a SUV but just a cross(but I do agree to your point that they could have done something more about this) , as far as the urban performance is concerned Crazy driver has already mentioned that the 1.3 has been tuned to its best so i guess the performance would be slightly different (hoping!!
Wasn't expecting an improvement in space, but Fiat in general needs to improve interior space utilization. Even the Linea was advertised for best in class length, but while that translated to great boot space, leg room for anyone sitting behind me was very poor (Granted being 6.4 ft tall doesn't help, but people sitting behind me have been more comfortable in smaller cars). Even with the Avventura, moving the spare wheel hasn't added to trunk room.

As for the performance, I can vouch for the improvement over the Evo. Fiat officials say the engine has been used as-is from the Punto Evo 90 HP, but I definitely see a difference. That being said, in city performance is still adequate at best (2550 rpm is the sweet spot, but needs a heavy foot to reach and overtakes always need downshifting) High speed performance, ride quality and stability is drool-worthy.

One thing that makes no sense at all is ABS with EBD being offered on the Diesel Dynamic, but not on the petrol Dynamic. (Why Fiat Why?).
Old 28th October 2014, 12:07   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
New Avventura TVC. Bang on!
Woah! The only Indian reference in that ad is the license plate in the last few frames. I seriously thought it was an ad for the European market. The models, the locations, everything is foreign.

I am no flag waving patriot, but I have to say that ad is an insult to the very market it is being launched in. Couldn't they have made an ad with Indian models and Indian locations?
Old 28th October 2014, 12:45   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Woah! The only Indian reference in that ad is the license plate in the last few frames. I seriously thought it was an ad for the European market. The models, the locations, everything is foreign.

I am no flag waving patriot, but I have to say that ad is an insult to the very market it is being launched in. Couldn't they have made an ad with Indian models and Indian locations?
If that's your concern.
Then, the same should be for Advertisement which Mahindra makes for each iteration of Scorpio, right!!

And, IIRC the Avventura is a Global Product. Which, made its Global Debut in India.
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 13:05   #127
Senior - BHPian

Grande Punto vs avventura. The neat and simple lines of punto still look good, and evo's design works perfectly in avventura. Evo in actual has lost its design charm with too much chrome, though it looks much more refreshing.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review-10644691_882651475102472_1567297844180253540_n.jpg  

sidindica is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 14:10   #128
BHPian

I have a question. Why is the Avventura review not appearing under official reviews?
maverickxx2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 14:18   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
I have a question. Why is the Avventura review not appearing under official reviews?
+1 to that.

I am also confused!!, why this Test Drive & Review is not under Official review section.
Since, there is a disclaimer mentioned in the review. That, T-BHP is invited for the review and all expenses are taken care by FIAT.

Can this be a reason, that this review, is not done by a Moderator ?
If so, IIRC, there was a review by another BHPian "S2". Don't remember the vehicle reviewed. But, that is appearing under official review section.

Can anyone, clarify the doubt / confusion. As to why, this review is not under Official Review section ?

EDIT: The car reviewed by "S2" is Hyundai Elite i20.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 28th October 2014 at 14:23. Reason: Mentioning the Car reviewed
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 14:32   #130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Can this be a reason, that this review, is not done by a Moderator ?
I am guessing yes.

Quote:
If so, IIRC, there was a review by another BHPian "S2".
He is a ninja moderator; lacks that tag below the ID.

Link
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 15:36   #131
BHPian

is the underbody cladding made of plastic or metal? as most Euro cars come with the plastic cladding underneath as well.
Old 28th October 2014, 16:26   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
Quote:
I am also confused!!, why this Test Drive & Review is not under Official review section.
Since, there is a disclaimer mentioned in the review. That, T-BHP is invited for the review and all expenses are taken care by FIAT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Isn't this an Official Review of Team-BHP? I am asking because it is not in the Official Review section.
To clarify since a lot of questions have been raised on this matter -

FIAT invited team-bhp for the test drive. I wholeheartedly thank GTO for presenting me with this oppurtunity for an official test drive. All of my expenses for attending the event, as well as driving expenses were covered by the company. Hence the disclaimer was added.

Hope its clearer now. However, I'm not the right person to answer the question regarding the section it belongs to!
Old 28th October 2014, 21:56   #133
BHPian

Quote:

I wouldnt call it an insult but definitely a "blunder". The Ad doesnt connect to a common man!!

1. Why advertise things which people are already aware and expect out of Fiat?

2. What Fiat needs to regain is there lost trust and reliability. Maybe get Sachin Tendulkar to vouch for the improved care by FIAT on there Car owners, (Shah Rukh can make more space in the Xcent and Ranveer can make way for the Ciaz!!!)

3. Fiat has given an eye grabbing product in the form of "Avventura" . Trust me the "LOOKS" matters the most for an average Indian, it is only second to the Brand Value!!

4. Avventura has the looks, all Fiat needs is to change its perception in the eyes of a commoner and they will have a hot seller! , (so Getting Sachin Tendulkar was not a joke
Old 30th October 2014, 08:15   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Grande Punto vs avventura. The neat and simple lines of punto still look good, and evo's design works perfectly in avventura. Evo in actual has lost its design charm with too much chrome, though it looks much more refreshing.
Exactly!

Both Avventura and the Grande Punto looks like the were 'designed'. Evo somehow doesn't fit the bill here, specially after taking a look at the Avventura. FIAT could have launched Avventura first and taken advantage of this opportunity.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 09:09   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bird View Post
Maybe get Sachin Tendulkar to vouch for the improved care by FIAT on there Car owners
No. I don't want another Sachin Tendulkar signed or autographed Fiat.

Fiat can rope in who ever they want and that is never going to change anything for the company. The people at the company need to change first.
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks