Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2016, 16:57   #46
BHPian

re: My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 2 Years & 30,000+ Kms. Update: Rusting Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
I did take special notice to the mods that you did on yours, focusing on the headlamp relay kit and the high power bulbs. How are they holding up? Apart from changing the bulb, have you had any other maintenance tasks or problems? And considering that you do a lot of night driving, you'd be best to recommend a solution.

I am really keen on upgrading mine too. Any advice from you would be super helpful! I'll probably take a call this week on what you advise.
Hello qr20de aka The Formula SAE Race Car Builder !!

At the first level upgrade, I switched to the 130/100 Philips Rally Vision Bulbs installed with a Philips Plug & Play Relay which come with Ceramic Holders which do not heat up much. The first set of bulbs lasted me over a year and a half if I am not wrong. One of them fused and I voluntarily changed both of them recently before I did my Sikkim Trip in May 2016. Really No Issues with that. The illumination is pretty good.

I have the similar configuration in my Toyota Etios as well; it has been almost 2 years and is running fine. A link to my Ownership Review - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...2-000-kms.html

However, I find something wrong with the generic Focus of the Figo's Head Lamps i.e.- specially the one on the driver's side which creates a 'black patch' if I may call it - The headlight leveler also does not help However, for city driving it is fine. But for the highways, it is really not good enough. So, as the second level upgrade I opted for the Hella Spot Lights which help me tremendously on those Highway Runs post sunset by focusing on the said 'black patch'.

You can also check on the Osram Night Breakers (which can just be replaced with the OEM Stock Bulbs) if they solve your purpose as have been hearing good reviews of it from many around me

Thanks for liking the write up and wish you the best for your Figo as well !!

Sharing a Teaser Picture of my Figo from our recent Sikkim Trip : (Travelogue and post 30,000 Kms Ownership Update coming soon)

My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-img_1218-2.jpg

Last edited by AJ-got-BHP : 27th June 2016 at 17:10. Reason: Changes
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 10:23   #47
BHPian

re: My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 2 Years & 30,000+ Kms. Update: Rusting Issues

Thanks for remembering about the race car project! I'm glad you enjoyed the read.

Totally agreed with what you said about the lack of visibility on highway driving at night with stock Figo lights. I find the same problem even in the city on unlit roads.

I'll definitely work on getting that headlamp plug & play kit for my car and the bulbs too, probably the Philips Rally Vision that you have on your Etios.

Will probably show some pictures of the installation process.

Thanks so much again for the advice!
qr20de is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 20:34   #48
BHPian

My Diesel Ford Figo ZXI 2 Years & 30,000+ kms Rusting Issues

30th of June 2016 : Exactly a month after being back from a wonderful road trip to Sikkim, the Figo was running already overdue for it's 30,000 Km Service. However, it was just a periodical scheduled service as the car was running perfectly fine and some odd jobs were performed right before the Sikkim Trip (as updated before).

A link to my West Sikkim Travelogue : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...kkim-baby.html

The car is now almost 23 months old. The issue I had was with the rusting in my vehicle which was of a big concern to me. The first rusting issue was sighted sometime back in January 2016 and accordingly reported to the concerned personnel of the Ford Authorized Service Station (aka FASS). They had given the assurance that they shall look into it at a later date.

To my luck, this scheduled service saved me the hassle as I brought the same to their notice again and they were indeed shocked with the amount of rusting on my vehicle. Sharing some snaps taken by the FASS Team and myself :

Rear RHS Door :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160630_103556.jpg

Rear RHS Door (at the bottom) :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160630_103604.jpg

Rear RHS Door (snap from inside when opened) :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160630_103641.jpg

Front RHS Door :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160630_103617.jpg

Front RHS Door (snap from inside when opened) :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160630_103631.jpg

Rear Boot RHS :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160630_103653.jpg

Rear Boot LHS :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160630_103702.jpg

Rear Boot (at the Bottom LHS Corner) :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160630_103715.jpg

Rear LHS Door :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160630_103728.jpg

Rear LHS Door (when opened) :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160630_103738.jpg

Front LHS Door (from inside when opened) :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160630_103802.jpg

After a due inspection by a couple of Ford Guys I was told that I am Just In Time for placing this claim on Ford India as the Warranty against Rusting is valid for only 2 Years and that within the next one month, this would not have been covered under warranty and that Ford India would not have accepted any such claim. Now, the bitter truth is that this is Not Covered under the Extended Warranty Program I have a 4 year extended warranty on my car and it is enlightening to know that this does not fall under the Extended Warranty offered from Ford. It is an eye opener for me and must be an eye opener for many - Point to be noted !!

Though I was just in time, there might be many who have presumptions that such issues will be covered under warranty by all manufacturers. I guess it may differ from manufacturer to manufacturer.

The Team @ Ganges Ford, Kolkata immediately mailed the snaps to the concerned department and came back to me asking if they could click more pictures. This time a group of people surrounded my car as the Mechanic started to open up the ORVMs and the Rear Door Channel in order to assess the extent of Rusting. Sharing the pictures of what we saw :

Shocking to see such rusting :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160630_110810.jpg

My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160630_111226.jpg

I was affirmed by the Ganges Ford Team mentioning that Ford will look into this and that I be rest assured about the issue and that they will get back to me on an ASAP basis updating me on the subject.

What concerns me is that I had bought my ETIOS & the Figo in 2014 within a span of a week's time. If I compare the two -
  1. On one hand, there is NO Rusting whatsoever on my Etios whereas on the other hand the state of affairs of rusting with my Figo is completely not acceptable.
  2. I do not stay in an area where there is hard water which would ensure this kind of rusting to take place.
  3. Both the cars are parked beside each other in the open and washed/ cleaned regularly as desired.
  4. Why is there rusting on one and not on the other ?
  5. Is this a material defect from the manufacturer ?
  6. What can cause such rusting ?

These are debatable points and I am presuming that many people have faced such an issue but has seldom come into the lime light before the Forum and is worth a discussion.

However, hoping everything to go "All Iz Well", with contention I went ahead for my 30,000 Kms Paid Service the estimated cost of which was taken by me from Ford India's Website - Ford Service Promise :

My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-filepage1.jpg

Estimated Cost was speculated to be Rs.5,111/= using a Mineral Engine Oil. However, previously having used Semi-Synthetic and thereafter Fully Synthetic Engine Oil in my car, I was keen on using the Fully Synthetic Engine Oil. The last fill was Castrol EDGE 5W40 Fully Synthetic which was running heavy and the engine was seeming to be growling higher than usual.

The said Oil lasted for 6-7K Kms and looked like this at the time of draining it :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160630_113207_1.jpg
Though in diesel vehicles, oil blackening is not a big deal; the texture of the oil had also become very thick which I think was causing the excessive unsolicited growling.

I opted to use the Engine Oil of my choice which lived upto my expectations on my Ladakh Trip in this very vehicle itself. I carried the oil to the FASS and they gladly used it without any fuss at all. I ensured that I was allowed inside the workshop and get the oil changed before my eyes to my satisfaction.

Sharing some pictures of the Engine Oil Change :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160630_114558_1.jpg

My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160630_114608_1.jpg

My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160630_114616_1.jpg

Apart from the periodical service I had asked for the following jobs to be performed on my car :
  1. EGR Cleaning - Last done on Odo reading 14000 Kms and it seriously was begging for a clean up - Done on Chargeable Basis
  2. On the Rear LHS there was a slight faint rattling sound which needed to be fixed - Done under Warranty
  3. Driver Side Head Light Beam's Focus was reset/ set at a higher level- Done under Warranty

Apart from the cost of the Oil which was borne at my end previously, the Total Service Cost came upto Rs.3,680/= including the EGR Cleaning which is very reasonable indeed. This again challenges the myth that maintaining Ford Vehicles is expensive. It was earlier, but not anymore.

1st of July 2016 : First thing in the morning is that I get a call from the Workshop Manager of Ganges Ford mentioning that the claim has gone through and that I will need to send my car to them on the 12th of July 2016 whereby they shall retain the car for a few days and replace the defective doors and (most probably) the boot under warranty !! It was also brought to my notice that the existing doors etc. shall be sent by them to Ford India for inspection and R&D as to why such rusting has occurred and how can they negate such rusting issues in the future at their end. Impressive !!

However, the questions w.r.t. such Body Rusting still remains and plays in my mind.

Last edited by AJ-got-BHP : 5th July 2016 at 10:59. Reason: Changes
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 23:18   #49
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 2.5 Years & 38,000+ Kms Update

Sorry to see those pictures, AJ-got-BHP. That is clearly a manufacturing defect & lapse in quality. Would be understandable if it was in one or two places, but such a spread tells me there was an issue with the coating / primer / painting stage of your car (and potentially, others of the same batch). Have seen this on some other Fords & Maruti Swifts. In their quest to reduce costs & maximise efficiency, sometimes manufacturers make such errors. Cost is also why you'll see this more on budget cars than those costing 10 lakhs.

Good to see that Ford has passed the claim. I'm certain they would have even if you moved onto your extended warranty plan. Just make sure the dealership does a competent job of the replacement & painting. While they're at it, ask them to check other areas of the car too for corrosion.

Last edited by GTO : 6th July 2016 at 08:20.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 16:47   #50
BHPian

Ive got a FIGO myself. Thanks for continuing to provide updates on the car. Mines a 2011 with 42,000km son the odo. SO far no major problems.

I read earlier on that you installed a K&N . ANy feedback? Ive heard from a lot of folks that a high flow filter tends to clog up the MAF sensor. Ive used K&N on earlier cars but never kep thtm long enough to observe. My choices are between the Pipercross (slightly cheaper , not oil based) and the K&N.

Additionally. my cars already remapped to a 90+ bhp I think**. SO not even sure it'll make huge difference. Looking for comments from this group.
vankito is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 23:45   #51
BANNED

It's really shocking to see the amount of rust is there in different parts of the body in such a short period of time. As GTO rightly stated that there must have been some issue's with the quoting of primer & paint. But all said & done Ford has taken a right step to sort out the issue.
Just wanted to know what difference you felt by using synthetic, semi synthetic & mineral oil? I have a Ford fiesta 1.4 tdci & is due for 80000 kms service & was wondering about trying out synthetic oil. I have only used mineral oil till date.
vdm295 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 00:02   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdm295 View Post
It's really shocking to see the amount of rust is there in different parts of the body in such a short period of time. As GTO rightly stated that there must have been some issue's with the quoting of primer & paint. But all said & done Ford has taken a right step to sort out the issue.
Just wanted to know what difference you felt by using synthetic, semi synthetic & mineral oil? I have a Ford fiesta 1.4 tdci & is due for 80000 kms service & was wondering about trying out synthetic oil. I have only used mineral oil till date.
i recently moved over to Synthetic oil (MObil ..xx) on my Ford FIgo 2011 TDCI. The improvement is marginal , and would not call it VFM. the intervals are probably higher. Im on a remapped car so its recommended to change oil at shorter intervals. Ford uses semi synethic which is Rs 1750 in Pune for 4 litres, so which is probably what I will go back to .

IM trying to find out about K&N performance or any other non-OE filters performance. Heard anyting?
Old 8th July 2016, 15:07   #53
BHPian

The 30K update post made a nice read. I also did 30K service for Ecosport from Ganges Ford few weeks back. Its great to know that Ford acknowledged the problem & will rectify the rusting issues. Its a shocker to know that rusting warranty is applicable for only two years. Guess we need to read the fine print carefully while getting extended warranties.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 18:21   #54
BHPian

Have given the car to Ganges Ford, Kolkata whereby they shall replace all 4 doors and the boot as well.

Hope I get the car before our Team-BHP Monsoon Meet of the Kolkata Chapter. Keeping fingers crossed !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankito View Post
Ive got a FIGO myself. Thanks for continuing to provide updates on the car. Mines a 2011 with 42,000km son the odo. SO far no major problems.

I read earlier on that you installed a K&N . ANy feedback? Ive heard from a lot of folks that a high flow filter tends to clog up the MAF sensor. Ive used K&N on earlier cars but never kep thtm long enough to observe. My choices are between the Pipercross (slightly cheaper , not oil based) and the K&N.

Additionally. my cars already remapped to a 90+ bhp I think**. SO not even sure it'll make huge difference. Looking for comments from this group.
42,000 Kms is not very high running with a diesel vehicle; though decent enough !! As you inquired, I am sharing my recent update on another thread on my take on the long term usage of the K&N Stock replacement filter on my Figo. Hope you will find it valuable enough. Link : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4015528

Remapped to 90+ BHP Please share the details of the remapping, I am pretty inquisitive to know about it. In that case I would suggest that you let go of the idea of using a Stock Replacement Filter. Instead you may opt for a Direct Intake Airbox or a Carbon Dynamic Airbox which is a covered conical filter to compliment the mod already done by you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdm295 View Post
It was a gradual shift from my end as explained hereunder :

0 to 14,000Kms - 5W30 Mineral Oil
14,000 to 20,000Kms - 5W30 Semi Synthetic Oil
20,000 to 24,000Kms - 5W30 Semi Synthetic Oil
24,000 to 30,000Kms - 5W40 Fully Synthetic Oil
30,000 to Up to Date - 5W40 Fully Synthetic Oil

The gradual shift up is better as the engine gets time to get accustomed to the oil being used. Sometime it take even upto 100 Kms for the oil to actually show and deliver it's performance attributes. There is a hell lot of improvement in my vehicle which I personally cannot pen down and can only be felt for by an impulsive spirited driver like me. You have to use it to actually feel the difference. However, if you plan to do use synthetic/ semi-synthetic oil, I would like clear a few things :
  • Do not think that the the synthetic oil will last you 1.5 times in comparison to a mineral oil initially. Your first oil change after using such oil should be at the same time around as you would have down in case of a mineral oil or preferably earlier as the detergents etc. in the oil will clean up the engine compartments and will tend to get discoloured and dis-bonded earlier than usual
  • The second fill will last longer and perform immaculately better as the engine will now get used it

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankito View Post
i recently moved over to Synthetic oil (MObil ..xx) on my Ford FIgo 2011 TDCI. The improvement is marginal , and would not call it VFM. the intervals are probably higher. Im on a remapped car so its recommended to change oil at shorter intervals. Ford uses semi synethic which is Rs 1750 in Pune for 4 litres, so which is probably what I will go back to .
What grade of Oil (of Mobil) have you used ? Please share the details with the API Specs preferably so that your concern can be addressed better.

FYI - The Oil Ford uses is called Semi-Synthetic but actually is a Mineral 5W30 Oil with API CF/ SL attributes which does not classify it to be Semi-Synthetic by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Guess we need to read the fine print carefully while getting extended warranties.
Thanks Sam for finding the update valuable !! Yes, the fine prints are something which we usually ignore and that is where we usually go wrong. Luckily I was just in time for this issue by God's grace !!
Old 16th July 2016, 15:52   #55
BHPian

With the remap... I got that done from Kiirus (http://kiirus.in/). I oriigianlly had a race dynamics tuning box, and migrated from that. Whilst the performance on the tuning box was not at all bad - it lacked the smooth drive ... My primary reason for changing was power loss with the AC running. Remap has really improved driveability - however I guess one can only get as much power from this . My car with the ac running, still cant seamlessely cross 100 - let alone reach that. I recently cleaned the EGR value, and that's put in new character. Overall - recommend a remap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Have given the car to Ganges Ford, Kolkata whereby they shall replace all 4 doors and the boot as well.

Hope I get the car before our Team-BHP Monsoon Meet of the Kolkata Chapter. Keeping fingers crossed !!

42,000 Kms is not very high running with a diesel vehicle; though decent enough !! As you inquired, I am sharing my recent update on another thread on my take on the long term usage of the K&N Stock replacement filter on my Figo. Hope you will find it valuable enough. Link : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4015528

Thanks for sharing.

Remapped to 90+ BHP Please share the details of the remapping, I am pretty inquisitive to know about it. In that case I would suggest that you let go of the idea of using a Stock Replacement Filter. Instead you may opt for a Direct Intake Airbox or a Carbon Dynamic Airbox which is a covered conical filter to compliment the mod already done by you.

With the remap... I got that done from Kiirus (http://kiirus.in/). I oriigianlly had a race dynamics tuning box, and migrated from that. Whilst the performance on the tuning box was not at all bad - it lacked the smooth drive ... My primary reason for changing was power loss with the AC running. Remap has really improved driveability - however I guess one can only get as much power from this . My car with the ac running, still cant seamlessely cross 100 - let alone reach that. I recently cleaned the EGR value, and that's put in new character. Overall - recommend a remap.

It was a gradual shift from my end as explained hereunder :

0 to 14,000Kms - 5W30 Mineral Oil
14,000 to 20,000Kms - 5W30 Semi Synthetic Oil
20,000 to 24,000Kms - 5W30 Semi Synthetic Oil
24,000 to 30,000Kms - 5W40 Fully Synthetic Oil
30,000 to Up to Date - 5W40 Fully Synthetic Oil

The gradual shift up is better as the engine gets time to get accustomed to the oil being used. Sometime it take even upto 100 Kms for the oil to actually show and deliver it's performance attributes. There is a hell lot of improvement in my vehicle which I personally cannot pen down and can only be felt for by an impulsive spirited driver like me. You have to use it to actually feel the difference. However, if you plan to do use synthetic/ semi-synthetic oil, I would like clear a few things :
  • Do not think that the the synthetic oil will last you 1.5 times in comparison to a mineral oil initially. Your first oil change after using such oil should be at the same time around as you would have down in case of a mineral oil or preferably earlier as the detergents etc. in the oil will clean up the engine compartments and will tend to get discoloured and dis-bonded earlier than usual
  • The second fill will last longer and perform immaculately better as the engine will now get used it

What grade of Oil (of Mobil) have you used ? Please share the details with the API Specs preferably so that your concern can be addressed better.

FYI - The Oil Ford uses is called Semi-Synthetic but actually is a Mineral 5W30 Oil with API CF/ SL attributes which does not classify it to be Semi-Synthetic by any means.

Thanks Sam for finding the update valuable !! Yes, the fine prints are something which we usually ignore and that is where we usually go wrong. Luckily I was just in time for this issue by God's grace !!
Old 25th July 2016, 18:09   #56
BHPian

20.07.2016 : The Figo is back from the Ganges Ford Wokshop and looks all fresh now with all the 4 Doors + the Boot being replaced under warranty with No Cost to me whatsoever. Only some minor consumables were charged to me, to which I did not raise any objection.

Furthermore, the Blower Motor was also acting funny and was also replaced under warranty by Ford at No Additional Cost.

Amidst all this, the Figo just completed 2 years on the 17th of July 2016 when it was at the Workshop. Once it was back, I gifted it a BMC Stock Replacement Air Filter. Sharing some pictures :

My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160714_202351_1.jpg

My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160714_202550.jpg

My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160714_203022.jpg

My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160714_203215.jpg

My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20160719_180458-2.jpg

Some might be inquisitive to know the reasons as I was previously using the K&N Stock Replacement Air Filter on the Figo. The details are already mentioned and shared on this relevant thread; thus I am not repeating myself here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4015528

Sharing a Picture of my Figo taken at the Team-BHP Kolkata Chapter Monsoon Meet which was held on the 24th of July 2016 :

My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-20160724095948_img_1714.jpg

For more update on the Team-BHP Kolkata Chapter Monsoon Meet 2016 :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post4021794

However, I feel there is a need for proper detailing on my vehicle now as the newly painted doors are slightly rough in certain places/ in patches though. However, I think it's better to let go of it now considering the fact that the Rain Gods shall be at play in the coming month as well. I'm so confused and so finicky

Last edited by AJ-got-BHP : 25th July 2016 at 18:11. Reason: Changes
Old 9th September 2016, 17:53   #57
BHPian

08/09/2016 : Was returning back to office after some routine visits around the city when I realized that the AC of the Figo was just not cooling enough. Gradually, it was not cooling at all. Reached office and immediately called up Ganges Ford for assistance and within a couple of hours their driver was at my doorstep to pick the car up in order to resolve the issue.

There seemed to be some electrical issue with the Resistor Heater & AC Blower switch to the compressor. Thus the Circuit Breaker Assy. & the Control Radiator Fan Speed Unit was changed under warranty and the issue resolved. Cost to customer Rs.0.00 with Free Pick Up & Drop Service, impressive !! I guess the 2+2 Years Extended warranty saved me the damages which would have been a cost of over Rs.3,500.00

Got the Car Back today in less than 24 hours !!

Last edited by AJ-got-BHP : 9th September 2016 at 17:56. Reason: Changes
Old 30th September 2016, 16:01   #58
BHPian

Wanted to share an update on my car

With throttle body cleanup, changing my stock filter to bmc. has definitely refined the driving experience. This is my first cycle with synthetic oil so yet to see the full benefits . In two minds whether or not to change the car given these improvements . The new Figo adds an inter cooler which sounds promising . Any comments from anyone whose upgraded to the new one ?

Note from Support: Please avoid typing dotty posts.... like...this....

Last edited by Eddy : 30th September 2016 at 16:13.
Old 12th October 2016, 18:35   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Hello qr20de aka The Formula SAE Race Car Builder !!

At the first level upgrade, I switched to the 130/100 Philips Rally Vision Bulbs installed with a Philips Plug & Play Relay which come with Ceramic Holders which do not heat up much. The first set of bulbs lasted me over a year and a half if I am not wrong. One of them fused and I voluntarily changed both of them recently before I did my Sikkim Trip in May 2016. Really No Issues with that. The illumination is pretty good.

I have the similar configuration in my Toyota Etios as well; it has been almost 2 years and is running fine. A link to my Ownership Review - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...2-000-kms.html

However, I find something wrong with the generic Focus of the Figo's Head Lamps i.e.- specially the one on the driver's side which creates a 'black patch' if I may call it - The headlight leveler also does not help However, for city driving it is fine. But for the highways, it is really not good enough. So, as the second level upgrade I opted for the Hella Spot Lights which help me tremendously on those Highway Runs post sunset by focusing on the said 'black patch'.

You can also check on the Osram Night Breakers (which can just be replaced with the OEM Stock Bulbs) if they solve your purpose as have been hearing good reviews of it from many around me

Thanks for liking the write up and wish you the best for your Figo as well !!

Sharing a Teaser Picture of my Figo from our recent Sikkim Trip : (Travelogue and post 30,000 Kms Ownership Update coming soon)

Attachment 1521834

Interested in getting my headlamps changed as well . I have a Figo Tdci 45kms on the Odo so now is probably a good time since I plan to use this car for the highway only . And if you have any installation logs that'll be really helpful . Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 17:31   #60
BHPian

Quote:
08/09/2016 : Was returning back to office after some routine visits around the city when I realized that the AC of the Figo was just not cooling enough. Gradually, it was not cooling at all. Reached office and immediately called up Ganges Ford for assistance and within a couple of hours their driver was at my doorstep to pick the car up in order to resolve the issue.

There seemed to be some electrical issue with the Resistor Heater & AC Blower switch to the compressor. Thus the Circuit Breaker Assy. & the Control Radiator Fan Speed Unit was changed under warranty and the issue resolved. Cost to customer Rs.0.00 with Free Pick Up & Drop Service, impressive !! I guess the 2+2 Years Extended warranty saved me the damages which would have been a cost of over Rs.3,500.00

Got the Car Back today in less than 24 hours !!
This is really nice review and write up.
I am also from Kolkata and initially I had booked the new Gen Figo Titanium model, however due to some unfortunate incident I won't be able to go for the new one and getting myself a used one Zxi 2011 model with ODO reading of 38000 kms.
The seller said that he won't be able to give me the service book as he misplaced it.
So is there any other option to know what exactly done and what needs to be changed etc?
I will be taking my new 2nd hand vehicle for service end of this month only.
Some suggestion will be helpful.

thanks in advance.
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks