Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2015, 21:13   #1
BHPian

My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone

I was in two minds whether to write this Ownership Review of my Ford Figo or not. The simple reason being the upcoming launch of the Ford Figo Aspire just being around the corner. Mind said no, but the heart said "So What, Go For It" !! Considering the fact that the upcoming Ford Aspire also wears the Figo badge, is a reason enough to go ahead with this Ownership Review. So here it is.

The Reason for The Change :
I previously owned a 2009 Ford IKon 1.4 TDCi (the last lot of Ikons) which I had to replace, as it was about to complete 5 Years with approx 1,00,000kms on the Odo in August 2014. I was very happy with the Car and did not want to let go of it till the last minute. But as it is said that "all good things come to an end" and yes I guess the time was right for me to part ways with the Ikon. Cannot resist posting a snap of the beast taken just before we were about to handover the keys to it's new owner :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-dsc06319.jpg

The Buying Criteria :
  • I wanted a vehicle for my personal use and that it would be mainly kept under my possession in my self drive
  • The budget I was looking at was in and around the 6Lac mark
  • I wanted a hatch for the convenience of parking within the city
  • I have a lot of highway running so a diesel was a must with decent fuel efficiency complimenting the running cost
  • Considering the above point, I required a car that behaved well on all sorts of roads and with good handling (as I was used to the Ikon)
  • Fuss Free ownership was a must

The options looked into :
Very frankly considering the above points, my mind was blocked on the Maruti Swift VDi. Having owned the 1st Generation Swift Dzire VDi with a Fuss Free Ownership Experience where we had crossed the 90,000kms mark on the Odo was a benchmark by itself to go in for the Swift and that also a Black One which in Kolkata is a very rare one to sight.

However,things took a toll when on enquiring the On-Road price of the Swift with a couple of Maruti Dealers I was shocked !! They quoted me 6.90 Lacs for the VDi and brought to my notice that the VDi does not come with the Company Installed Music System anymore and that the Black Colour would be made available only within a couple of months time and that I shall have to wait for it till then. It was a really sad situation as I had already made up my mind to go in for a Car which had had almost 10 Years of Ooh's and Aah's in it's name itself and now I was compelled to turn my back on it.

However, now that I did not have that much time in hand to be in a queue; I was compelled to look into other options.

The other reliable bet was the Diesel Hatch of Toyota, the Etios Liva GD. But having finalized on the Toyota Etios GD as our workhorse for home, so we ruled out the Liva to negate the monotony. My initial ownership review of My Toyota Etios Diesel has already made it to the Forum, the link as under :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...0-000-kms.html

Considering my past relationship with the entire Team of Ganges Ford (Showroom & Workshop), I headed straight to their workshop to understand the actual feedback of the Ford Figo from the Works Manager himself. Understanding his perspective, I got a hint of Go Ahead from him and I took a step forward in calling the Figo home........for a Test Drive

The Test Drive Expereince of the Figo :
Again, the lazy day sunday comes handy for the Test Drive. Drove around in the close proximity of South Kolkata around our residence. Definitely found it to be a little under powered in comparison to my Ikon. The 68 BHP Engine did gasp for much more that it could have offered. But I guess most manufacturers nowadays keep the engines de-tuned to a certain extent, keeping in mind the fuel efficiency factor in mind.

It goes without saying how well the Ford's are when it comes to Handling. Took a sharp round about turn around an island and it ticked the boxes. Pumped the car up the flyover and the acceleration was fair to my liking and slammed the brakes while approaching the traffic signal on the way down. Stopped without any disbalance and within seconds. Really Superb Brakes. Also, on fairly rough roads it seemed to swallow in the bumps comfortably without passing on much to us.

Liked the overall experience of the test drive and the car ticked most of the boxes that I was looking at. The 'effortless driving experience' was what I mainly liked.

At the end of the day I was in no mood to spend much and was looking at a Value For Money proposition; which the Figo definitely was.

Warranty & Extended Warranty :
The Figo comes with a standard warranty of 2 Years or 1,00,000kms whichever is earlier. However, I preferred paying extra at the time of purchase of the Car for the Additional 2 Years Extended Warranty in order to safeguard the long term maintenance costs.

Strangely, Ford India was not entertaining the 4th Year Extended Warranty at that point of time. I was asked to purchase the 3rd year and wait until the scheme for the 4th Year was available. I stuck to my stance. Either it was 4 years or nothing for me. I had done the same at the of buying my Ikon which resulted in me saving on a few unforeseen expenses during my 5 year of ownership then. So just repeated the act !!

Finally they gave in to my request and I got my 2+2 Years Extended Warranty at the above mentioned additional cost.

The final on road price :
Their published on road price as per their list was Rs.6,47,074/= for the Figo Diesel Zxi (the variant immediately lower than the TITANIUM Top End Variant). Got an unbelievable deal from Ganges Ford while working on the Final On Road Price. Definitely with a lot of negotiation; it did not come so easy. Being an existing Ford Customer I was eligible to a Loyalty Bonus and an Exchange Bonus for my Ikon as well; plus a few freebies which I had to pull out of their kitty.

In comparison of an apple to an apple, the Final On Road Price was worked out to be Rs.5,90,000/= (Inclusive of All Discounts) which was about 1 Lac cheaper than the Maruti Swift VDi (again the variant lower than the ZDi Top End Variant)

Paid for Extras at the time of Purchase :
Add : Extended Warranty 2 Years = Rs.16,400/=
Add : Bumper to Bumper Insurance = Rs. 4,200/=
Add : Anti Rust Coating with Paint Protection = Rs. 6,800/=
TOTAL ----------------------------------------> Rs.27,400/=

So all in all Rs.6,17,400/= Nett with the 'Additional Freebies' at no cost to me which the Figo Zxi does not have and was extracted out from the dealership at the time of negotiating the final takeaway price :
  • Company Installed Front Fog Lights (Including Wiring)
  • Company Installed Rear Fog Lights (Including Wiring)
  • Company Installed Dual Horns (Including wiring)
  • A dash of Red Paint on the Rear Spoiler Area just to add a bit of bling
  • Matt Black Paint around the Rear Number Plate Area

Other Stock Features that comes with the Zxi variant :
  • Air Conditioner with Heater
  • Front Two Power Windows
  • Tilt Adjustable Power Steering
  • Music System with 4 Speakers (on all 4 doors) with AUX, USB & Bluetooth Compatibility
  • Steering mounted Audio Controls
  • Roof Mounted Ariel/ Antenna
  • Rear Defoggers
  • Central Locking with Keyless Entry with Remote Boot Lid Opener
  • Anti Glare Rear View Mirrors
  • Single Touch Indicators for Overtaking
  • DTE Indicator with Trip Meter in the Instrument Cluster
  • Low Fuel Warning when DTE is 80Kms
  • 12V Socket
  • Child Lock on the Rear Doors
  • Vanity Mirror on the Sun Visor of the Co-Passenger
  • Co-Passenger's Seat with a Back Pocket
  • Body Coloured Door Handles
  • Body Coloured both ORVM's
  • Chrome Strip on Front Grill & Rear Boot

The final booking and delivery process :
The Diesel Ford Figo Zxi was readily available at the dealership and that too having the colour that I wanted, "White" the colour of purity !! For the past 10 years I had been sticking to the shade of Silver considering it's low maintenance attributes, but now I needed that change.

Paid up the booking amount and booked the Car in stock with them. The Ganges Ford Showroom guys immediately sent the Car to their Topsia Workshop where the above mentioned jobs were supposed to be completed.

I paid a visit to the workshop to inspect and check on the proceedings. Strangely found that there was accumulated mist/ vapor inside both the Front Headlamps of the Car and immediately brought the same to the notice of the Works Manager there. Fortunately enough the Service Team from Ford (and not of the dealership) were present there that day itself. The situation was brought to their knowledge and they immediately took the requisite steps in consultation with their HO and got the same replaced before my eyes mentioning it was a defect from the part of their vendor.

It took a week or 10 days for them to finish the Job and get the vehicle registered etc. and complete the necessary formalities.

Finally got the delivery of my Figo on the 17th of July 2014. It was me, my wife and my daughter who had gone to take the delivery of the Figo. Although my 4 year old daughter uses the Etios on a day to day basis, according to her 'Figo is her favourite Car', I suppose the psychological reason behind it is that she had gone to take the delivery of the Figo herself. An important landmark in her life as a kid for sure !!

Check Out the Happiness on her Face :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-_mg_0334.jpg

Our Figo finally comes home, enroute from the showroom to home after doing the Puja :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-dsc07248.jpg

Notice the Red Paint on the Spoiler Area which I had mentioned about earlier and the Matt Black Paint around the Number Plate region; just to make it stand out amongst the rest of the Figo(s) :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-_mg_0257.jpg

The Live To Drive Key Chain :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-dsc07527.jpg

What I DO NOT LIKE about the Figo :
  1. The slight lag in the low end torgue which makes the car feel a bit under powered and reveals the cons of the 68 BHP Engine
  2. The hood opening lever is located under the Co-Passenger side of the Dashboard and not on the Driver's Side
  3. No Power Windows at the Rear even in the Titanium (Top) Variant
  4. The suspension could have been better to what it is - though not much to complain about as feels better with more load on the vehicle
  5. The focus of the Head Light Beams
  6. The Stock Wheel Nuts are of horrible quality
  7. Major use of plastic parts

What I LIKE about the Figo :
  1. Superb tough build quality
  2. Handling is Superb
  3. Remarkable Stability at Highway Speeds for a Hatchback
  4. Brakes are very effective - Mine being Zxi (without ABS, EBD & Airbags) it still does brilliantly well
  5. Air Conditioning is the best in the segment
  6. 284 Liter Boot space is the best in the segment
  7. Effective stock ICE with Bluetooth Sync (for your phone) and 'Steering Mounted Audio Controls' makes it driver friendly and convenient
  8. Keyless Entry with Boot Lid Opener on the Key
  9. Space management inside the cabin is awesome and inspite of the black interiors the cabin feels roomy and airy

Interiors :
A Jet Black Interior duplicated from the Fiesta Classic again. Avoids maintenance hassles to a great extent. I personally really like it as I do not have to get my interiors polished every now and then as in the case of my Ikon which had beige interiors.
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-dsc08203.jpg

Notice the Minimum & Maximum Legroom :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-dsc08201.jpg

ICE :
A look alike Music System to what is available in the Fiesta Classic. But, this one comes with an AUX, USB in the glove box - a weird place to have the USB Device but in a way very effective as it does not jut out from the panel causing hindrances and Bluetooth Compatibility with your Smartphone which allows one to take calls even while driving.
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-dsc08205.jpg

The USB Port in the Glove Box :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-dsc08209.jpg

The "Steering Mounted Audio Controls" as Ford claims it to be. The controls are really not mounted on the steering wheel. Instead this control is located just behind the Steering Wheel as an attachment to the Steering Column. It works efficiently though and is a matter of getting used to it. A Picture :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-dsc08210.jpg

Boot Space :
A phenomenal Boot Space of 284 Liter is one of the Biggest Plus Points of the Figo hatchback. A Picture :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-dsc08196.jpg

The Upgrades (which has happened over a period of time)

Floor Mats (Made in Taiwan & not the China Ones) - Set of 5 @ Rs.900/= purchased from National Traders :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-dsc08195.jpg

Alloy Rims & Yokohama Earth 1 Tires - Set of 4 in exchange costed me exactly Rs.24,000/= from Auto Mechanika :
The stock MRF Tires from Ford wore a size of 175/65 R14. Hence, instead of upgrading to a bigger rim size or a wider tyre size, I prefered to stick to the stock size of 175/65 R14 with the Yokohama Earth 1 with a change of Rims just to avoid any lapse in the warranty of my car. However, strangely the stance has completely changed with this itself. I guess it's because the Alloys are slightly negative in nature.
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-_mg_0263.jpg
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-_mg_0273.jpg

Sun Visor Tissue Box Holder @ Rs.299/= purchased from www.ebay.in :
Instead of the odd tissue box, I find this to be more convenient as it is clipped with the Sun Visor on the Passenger Side which does not occupy any floor space and does not even cause a visual obstruction to the person sitting beside me.......basically my wife is fine with it !!
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-dsc07079.jpg

Clip Type Car Drink Holder (with suction holder) @ Rs.297/= purchased from www.ebay.in :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-dsc07078.jpg
Helps in chilling those small water bottles, cold drink cans etc. on those long drives to beat the heat and keep me fresh. This is installed on the extreme right vent on the driver's side. Notice the Boot Opening Switch beside it. Weird position but I guess it's better than bending down and pulling the lever.

The odd Car Friction Mat - Rs.100/= purchased from National Traders and Cut into 2 Parts :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-dsc07074.jpg
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-dsc07075.jpg

Hella Dynaedge Wipers Set of 2 (26" & 22") @ 1,050/= purchased from Alpine Auto Enterprise :
They definitely do a better job than the stock ones. However, time will say how good and how long they really last.
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-dsc08202.jpg
Thanks to BHPian aak91 for bringing these wipers to my notice. He had installed it in his Vento and was happy with it. I just replicated what he did !!

The headlight bulbs upgraded to Philips Rally Vision 130/100 with the help of a Philips Plug & Play Relay @ Rs.1550/= at Alok Automobiles :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-dsc08197.jpg
I guess the Figo has a generic issue with the focus of the headlamp bulbs. Experimented with this for better visibility. It has become much better than before in comparison to the stock set up, but I feel I require some more light for those highway drives at night. Still thinking on 'What Next ?'

Replaced the pair of OEM Horns with DENSO ones @ Rs.600/= for a pair at Alok Automobiles :
Ford had installed a pair of horns out of which one was a high tone and the other was a low tone. It sounded a bit out of place. Also, the horn was touching some body parts creating vibrations inside. So got rid of them and installed the DENSO horns which is louder & sweeter in sound and occupies lesser space under the hood as they are much smaller in size. You can say almost of the size of bike horns.

The Xenos Car Charger @ 450/= purchased from Alpine Auto Enterprise :
Getting frustrated with the cheap quality ones, went in for these. So far so good. It comes with all the ports that one may require with a pouch to keep them in store & a pretty long USB connecting wire
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20150515_164952.jpg
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20150515_164937.jpg

K&N Stock Replacement Air Filter @ Rs.5,800/=purchased from Alpine Auto Enterprise :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20150516_175720.jpg

Notice the difference between the height/ thickness of the stock filter in comparison to the K&N Stock Replacement Air Filter :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20150516_175634.jpg
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20150516_175818.jpg

Apparently K&N Air Filters were out of stock in Kolkata for a long period of time. The gentleman here, the owner Mr. Debasish Bhattacharya (aka Babusona Da) arranged this piece for me from Coimbatore on a priority. Still it took a month or so and the K&N Sales Executive got it with himself on his visit to Kolkata for me. This was changed after my Figo had gone for it's 2nd Service of 10,000 Kms. I shall come to the reasoning later for this install

Service & Maintenance :
When it comes to this, commonly people have tremendous apprehensions about buying a Ford vehicle speculating the high maintenance cost. But it is not to be.

As I have said that I previously had owned a Ford Ikon 1.4 TDCi and the Figo is my 2nd Ford Vehicle, if the maintenance cost would have been high and if at all the Ford vehicle had niggling issues, I would not have gone into the same well where I belonged to before.

Periodical 1st Service @ 1,000 kms :
Nothing much just a general check up at no cost

Voluntary Check Up @ 8,000 Kms :
I could feel the run running a bit heavy with a fall in the acceleration. In between I had already got the air filter cleaned once at Alok Automobiles at Odo reading 5000 kms. Checked the engine oil one fine morning to see that the oil level had also fallen. This was not much of a concern as generally during running in period the engine oil levels may fall. However, did not buy time on the situation and took it to the Ganges Ford Workshop for a check up. Got the Air Filter cleaned again as it was choked and got a 1 Liter Engine Oil (5W30) Top Up for Rs.330/=. It was a quick stop over and considering my relationship with them, I was allowed inside as in most of the times.

A snap of the Figo being lifted on the Hydraulic Lift to check for leakage in Engine Oil :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20150414_130303.jpg

Periodical 2nd Service @ 10,000 Kms :
The customary service where the following was done -
  • Thorough Service
  • Engine Oil was replaced
  • Oil Filter replaced
  • Air Filter bought and kept in store as I intended to install the K&N one now, getting tired of cleaning the Air Filter twice in 10,000 Kms
  • Driver's Side Headlamp focus was adjusted - under warranty
  • A plastic squeeking sound on the rear left was addressed - under warranty
  • The door handles were oiled as they had become a little hard to open - under warranty

Cost of the 2nd Service was Rs.2,490/= which is much at par with the service cost of my Etios as of now.

The best part that I have experienced about the Ford Service is that they clean the interiors meaning all 4 doors & dash board and make it shine as ever before at the time of service. Small aspects such as refilling the Windshield Washer with their premixed washer fluid etc. is all a part of their service and they need not be told to look into such aspects at all. They do it as a part of their protocol. Another interesting thing is the Vehicle Report Card. This summarizes the overall condition of the vehicle at the time of this service and enlists or indicates the things that need to be checked at the time of the next service. This is indeed excellent !!

A snap of the Engine Bay after the 2nd Service and after installing the K&N Stock Replacement Air Filter :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-p_20150516_180238.jpg

The difference that I feel after installing the Stock Replacement Air Filter of K&N is worth a mention here :
  • The engine is definitely breathing much better
  • The 68 BHP Engine does not go out of breath anymore
  • The engine vibrations at idling (since mine is a diesel) has drastically come down
  • It has definitely added that extra punch in the acceleration giving life to the slightly under powered Figo Engine
  • What more; I do not feel I am driving the same car anymore

As a part of periodical maintenance I prefer rotating the wheels at every 5,000 Kms so that the treads worn out evenly on all four wheels. But, due to time constraints, doing so is usually not possible. So, post the second service I took the car to Indo Radial Club (opposite Homeland Mall) to get the needful done :
  1. Wheel Rotation
  2. Alignment
  3. A check on the Wheel Balancing

A particular tyre had had two punctures in one place. Though it was running fine, I opted to use it as a Spare Wheel by putting an Omni Patch from the inner side of the tyre for safety measures.

Also, as I had mentioned previously that the wheel nuts were of a horrible quality, I got them changed and bought Special Wheet Nuts made of Steel which are meant for Alloy Rims from Indo Radial Club Itself. The Cost Rs.700/= for a Set of 16 Nuts with a Wheel Spanner Extension

See the difference between the two wheel nuts :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-dsc08190.jpg

The extension that I got with it :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-dsc08193.jpg
You just need to use the wheel spanner on this thereby causing no damage to the lacquering of the Alloys and it opens smoothly. I had them in my previous Cars also and they definitely do a good job.

The stock wheel nuts used to hide inside the alloy rims and the spanner had already caused some scraping on the inside while it was used, the new wheel nuts reach out to the surface of the Alloy Rims making it convenient and even pretty to look at :
My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone-dsc08189.jpg

The Figo has been so far so good to me. Although time and years to follow shall make me comment on the long term experience. The Figo has already made it's mark on the Forum with a few Travelogues that I had posted. Follow the Link as under to read my Travelogues with the Figo :

Kolkata - Mandarmani :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...st-bengal.html

Kolkata - Puri :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...i-kolkata.html

I shall keep this thread updated in the times to come about the Ownership Experience of my Figo.

Thanks for reading through !!

Last edited by AJ-got-BHP : 23rd May 2015 at 17:32. Reason: Incomplete
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 18:39   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: My Diesel Ford Figo ZXI : 1 year & 12,500 kms up!

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line (The "Assembly Line" Forum section). Thanks for sharing!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 19:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
I was in two minds whether to write this Ownership Review of my Ford Figo or not. The simple reason being the upcoming launch of the Ford Figo Aspire just being around the corner. Mind said no, but the heart said "So What, Go For It" !! Considering the fact that the upcoming Ford Aspire also wears the Figo badge, is a reason enough to go ahead with this Ownership Review. So here it is.
Thanks for reading through !!
Extremely well written review- Quite liked it.

The Figo somehow stands out as a proper all rounder- Frankly speaking; it hardly seems to be a typical Ford; a fuel guzzler; and of course; awesome to drive. This one has something special.

Something known as practicality.

Quite frankly; love the way the facelifted Figo (2013 onwards) looked. And yeah- loved that K&N sticker on the engine cover.

American cars are always so-so. Some; are total garbage; yet- gems like the Figo stand out.

Rated five stars. Well written- once again.
FINTAIL is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2015, 01:11   #4
BHPian

Was waiting for this one Your Figo is a looker and it stands out among other cars in a meet. Good job on mods and alloys ! Wishing you thousands of miles and countless road trips with her.

3 years back we had to make a tough call between Figo and Beat and ultimately decided to go for heart (Beat) over head (Figo). You shouldn't be comparing Figo with Swift as its a segment above. It should be compared more with Ritz. Last year when i went to a maruti dealership they had big discounts on cars like Ritz and Wagon R, and none on models like Swift or Dzire. Figo will always stand out in hatch segment as one of the most value for money cars, like someone said "Big car space in Small car price".

Glad to see you had good experience with Ganges Ford. They too offered me good rebates on Figo including corporate discounts, but got none on Ecosport. I have pathetic experience with Ganges Ford, so does some of my friends. They literally scammed me 25k, was rude and had bad behavior. The success of Ecosport seemed to have taken over their head. One friend gave them 50k booking amount and waited patiently for 6 months and after 6 months they told him saar petrol is still not available please wait 3 more months and get a diesel. He was shocked. When he wanted money refunded, they wanted to deduct 3k as a part of their policy. Basically they will take 6 month interest on 50k, wont deliver as promised then take 3k again. After much negotiation he got full refund minus interest. On the contrary Kaikan Ford never made unrealistic claims regarding delivery and people got their ES much before Ganges. You should really go Pinnacle Honda someday to see what hospitality is all about.

Regarding service Ganges vs Kaikan is a mixed bag.

Ganges Service
+ Bigger and better workshop without doubt.
+ Quality of workmanship seems to be better in body work.
+ Stocks official accessories also.
+ Better customer lounge.

Kaikan Service
+ Less crowded == more attention to clients
+ Very serious about customer satisfaction. Once i was unhappy with a rattle i asked them to fix. They literally sent 3 people to my home next morning to make sure its fixed. I doubt if Ganges will ever do that.
+ Seems to give me lesser quote for repairs.
+ Cleans my car much better than Ganges almost every time.

These are based on my personal experience with both these workshops.
Samfromindia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2015, 02:49   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Short, crisp and a well composed ownership report. Your Figo looks hot with the red paint, the black number plate back drop and the excellent positioning of the LTD sticker! The alloys look great, the 'Love cars, live cars' sticker on the dash board complements the black interior theme nicely. The mods you have done are neat and tasteful.

Over all your attention to details on the mechanical's are commendable too. Be it the K&n filter or the wheel nuts, or the upgraded wiper blades or the upgraded horns or the more powerful head lamps!

Wish you 1,000's of happy miles ahead and as per this years plan waiting for the pic of your Figo on the worlds highest motorable road.

Last edited by Samba : 24th May 2015 at 03:17.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2015, 12:05   #6
BHPian

Oh yes, was I waiting for this review! Greatly written review. Loved reading every bit of it.

I just love 'em alloys on your car. The subtle mods you have done to your car make it stand out for sure. The addition of the K&N filter was a great decision made. I have heard a lot from my SA about how it changes the behaviour of the 1.4 TDCI. The red paint on the spoiler and the black vinyl wrap around the number plate complement the sporty character of the car. And to sum it up, tastefully placed Team-BHP stickers to complete the look.

As I say, the Figo is the Indian market's getaway hatch. It has so good highway manners, the boot is sufficient, and the engine plays its part too. I am very much related to this car. When we bought our 1.6, it wasn't available in the showroom display. To compensate for that, I would be handed over the keys of a red Figo in every one of my numerous visits. I just love the black colored dash of the car. Wish it was present in the Classic as well. Also, the audio control stalk is absent in our car. Would've liked to have it too.

Wish you thousands of kilometers of winding roads. I am sure that the Ford DNA handling will keep you entertained for years to come. Will bring the Fiesta to the next meet. We can have a good time with two of the Ford siblings.

Sorry for the long post and for going OT. Mods please delete irrelevant bits if necessary.

Keep revvin'
Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 24th May 2015 at 12:13.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 18:05   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
The Figo somehow stands out as a proper all rounder- Frankly speaking; it hardly seems to be a typical Ford; a fuel guzzler; and of course; awesome to drive. This one has something special.

Something known as practicality.
You hit the nail on the head. It is a Practical buy !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Was waiting for this one Your Figo is a looker and it stands out among other cars in a meet.

Regarding service Ganges vs Kaikan is a mixed bag.

These are based on my personal experience with both these workshops.
I guess I shall try out Kaikan Ford Service the next time my car goes in for a service. Seems like a worthwhile proposition considering the points you have made.

+ the Kaikan Ford owner is also known to me now; may be I get VIP hospitality

I have seen the Hospitality at Topsel Toyota and I bet Pinnacle Honda must be at par or as a matter of fact even better. Both Honda & Toyota are a league apart when it comes to Customer Relations !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Wish you 1,000's of happy miles ahead and as per this years plan waiting for the pic of your Figo on the worlds highest motorable road.
Samba I am seriously keeping fingers crossed for being on the highest motorable road !! But the excitement is at the prime level and I just can't wait to go. It would be interesting to post some Pics of the Figo here of the iconic road trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Oh yes, was I waiting for this review! Greatly written review. Loved reading every bit of it.

When we bought our 1.6, it wasn't available in the showroom display. To compensate for that, I would be handed over the keys of a red Figo in every one of my numerous visits. I just love the black colored dash of the car. Wish it was present in the Classic as well. Also, the audio control stalk is absent in our car. Would've liked to have it too.

Wish you thousands of kilometers of winding roads. I am sure that the Ford DNA handling will keep you entertained for years to come. Will bring the Fiesta to the next meet. We can have a good time with two of the Ford siblings.

Keep revvin'
Neel
Hey Neel !!

I know how eagerly you were waiting for this review to be on air. Work pressures just did not allow me complete my review.

Now that you and me are on the same boat with the Fords in our Garage, I am really waiting to catch up with you in our next meet and click a pic of all the Fords which come for the meet. It will seriously look hot !!

Cheers !!
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 21:22   #8
BHPian

Great review AJ. Properly penned down. Your Figo is probably one of the best looking baby around. I cant imagine the change in performance of your car after the filter replacement as your car was pretty peppy during our last highway run together. Had quite a bit of fun.

I do have my eyes on those alloys.
Thank you for the honor of letting me contribute to the mods (hella dynaedge).
Keep the thread updated for sure.
aak91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 22:21   #9
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Man you really have an amazing way of writing. Your reviews are spot on.
Rated the thread a well deserved 5-Star.

Firstly your Figo looks Amazing. I have always liked the Figo and was able to convince my friend to go for it instead of the Punto. 3 years after the purchase he is very happy and is soon planning to get a Fiesta. I just feel bad about one thing- no rear power windows. How stupid could Ford get. I thought they would correct that with the facelift but they didn't. Apart from that the Figo is an excellent package. The 3 cars i find good as a complete package in the B2 segment are the Swift,Ritz and the Figo.

Figo is the most VFM in its class and i am sure the upcoming Figo with the 1.5 TDCi will be a blast. How do you find the brakes on the Figo in comparison to the Ikon?

Drive Safe.

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 00:19   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aak91 View Post
Great review AJ. I cant imagine the change in performance of your car after the filter replacement as your car was pretty peppy during our last highway run together. Had quite a bit of fun
Thanks Amin ! Glad you enjoyed the read.

Have done a few highway runs recently after the K&N filter was installed. The drive now is more peppy for sure ! Let's meet up to have some fun together !

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Man you really have an amazing way of writing. Your reviews are spot on.
Rated the thread a well deserved 5-Star.

Firstly your Figo looks Amazing.

Figo is the most VFM in its class and i am sure the upcoming Figo with the 1.5 TDCi will be a blast. How do you find the brakes on the Figo in comparison to the Ikon ?
Hello Asit !

Happy to know that someone is impressed with my writing skills and my precise reviews !! Thanks for the rating and for reading through !! It gives my encouragement to keep writing and posting on the Forum.

I am really keen on Test Driving the New Figo; though no plans to change or exchange now. It should be a belter !

I find the brakes on my Figo to be better than my Scala and Etios; but i feel the Ikon brakes were anyday better and much more spot on. However, mine is the Zxi which is without ABS, the Titanium with ABS should be better I presume. Comments from other Figo owners shall help.
Old 26th May 2015, 08:49   #11
BHPian

Quote:
However, mine is the Zxi which is without ABS, the Titanium with ABS should be better I presume. Comments from other Figo owners shall help.
If you like the braking of the Zxi, you'll be blown away by the braking potential of the Titanium - as the ABS+EBD combined with the bigger disks and drums are absolutely fantastic!!
I've got a petrol Titanium since over 2yrs and love the confidence this car gives when braking - no matter what the speeds are!
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 12:24   #12
BHPian

Congratulations on your lovely ride. I would like to know more about the effects of installing K&N, especially performance and fuel economy figures.

Last edited by ampere : 26th May 2015 at 12:26. Reason: Formatted Post
Old 27th May 2015, 13:44   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveear View Post
Congratulations on your lovely ride. I would like to know more about the effects of installing K&N, especially performance and fuel economy figures.
There has been a vast change in the initial performance which has come to my notice and about which I have already mentioned in the last bit of my Ownership Review. Kindly go through to check on it.

Regarding the Fuel Economy part, I have not checked it yet. Shall do it and update soon.
Old 27th May 2015, 19:10   #14
Team-BHP Support

Awesome review Arav and your Figo looks real nice with those alloys and the subtle mods that you have done. Rated 5 stars. You are an avid traveler and the hot hatch has found a great owner in you. Wish you many miles of happiness and time to put up all those pending travelogues

OT: I have driven the Figo just once and was impressed by the steering like all ford cars. Only wish they could launch a sports version with a bit more power as a hot hatch. I am sure that chassis can handle a lot more.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 14:07   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The difference that I feel after installing the Stock Replacement Air Filter of K&N is worth a mention here :
  • The engine is definitely breathing much better
  • The 68 BHP Engine does not go out of breath anymore
  • The engine vibrations at idling (since mine is a diesel) has drastically come down
  • It has definitely added that extra punch in the acceleration giving life to the slightly under powered Figo Engine
  • What more; I do not feel I am driving the same car anymore
Congrats AJ on your new car. Its certainly worth the money spent.

Good to get some feedback about K&N Filter. I have been thinking about it for my Figo as well to get some performance bump even if its marginal. Can you please tell me what was the model no of the filter?
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks