Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2015, 14:14   #61
BNM
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report

Useful

Nice Silicone cover for the Smart Key. Bought this on eBay for 300 bucks. Fits well and will prevent damage if the key falls on hard surfaces.

Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report-silicone.jpg
Old 19th August 2015, 15:46   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
HID
I chose a street without any street lighting and took pictures. I am not an expert at this! Please let me know if these are okay or I need to do something else.
The parked car seen in the picture was around 20 to 25 metres away for reference.
The throw is pretty good. You went for Osram Xenarc right? If you dont mind, can you take the pictures of the dust cover as I had asked to see the drilling and also a picture showing the cutoff. Just point the lights directly onto a wall keeping the car atleast 15 feet away.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 16:02   #63
Senior - BHPian

Congrats BNM! Excellent car you picked up. This is looking good in red, too. I was bent on Creta AT, too, but seeing its 16 plus price coupled to my 500-700 KM monthly run, I am veering towards Ecosport AT again. Or, Scorpio AT just for the heck of owning an old-school but big bulky and full size SUV. How's AT's performance in flat out acceleration in D mode from stand-still?
Old 19th August 2015, 16:58   #64
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
The throw is pretty good. You went for Osram Xenarc right? If you dont mind, can you take the pictures of the dust cover as I had asked to see the drilling and also a picture showing the cutoff. Just point the lights directly onto a wall keeping the car atleast 15 feet away.
I will do it this weekend Naveen. BTW we share the same birthday !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Congrats BNM! Excellent car you picked up. This is looking good in red, too. I was bent on Creta AT, too, but seeing its 16 plus price coupled to my 500-700 KM monthly run, I am veering towards Ecosport AT again. Or, Scorpio AT just for the heck of owning an old-school but big bulky and full size SUV. How's AT's performance in flat out acceleration in D mode from stand-still?
Sagar - please drive the Creta AT and see the refinement for yourself. Decide to go for Ecosport or Scorpio after that. Ecosport is already 4 years old and Scorpio is 11 years old. While the Ecosport AT is available only with the petrol, I don't know if the Scorpio AT box comes niggle free. I certainly hope you wont get the first batch of cars which has niggles and then later rectified as it has happened with the XUV niggles story.

Flat out acceleration is decent but not certainly not like the Vento, Verna or the earlier Laura diesels. The media drive at the factory (in July) reported the AT to be 1 Sec slower than the MT in a flat out 0-100 dash. The shift from 2nd to 3rd is the slowest and most noticeable. Rest of the shifts are very fast and smooth. In fact you barely make out the Shift between 4th and 5th and you will never feel it between the 5th and 6th !
BNM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 18:27   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report

BNM/Avi/Naveen, have any of you tried to get lights fixed for the power window/rear view mirror adjustment buttons. Is it possible?It's a real miss on the Creta. I did my test drive in the night and was literally grouping in the dark to adjust settings. Finally I had to switch on the cabin lights to adjust.
Along with this the ECM for the cabin rear view is a must.
Hope you guys figure this out before I buy my Creta.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 19th August 2015 at 18:29.
Old 19th August 2015, 19:41   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Ecosport is already 4 years old and Scorpio is 11 years old. While the Ecosport AT is available only with the petrol, I don't know if the Scorpio AT box comes niggle free.
I thought Ecosport was launched in India only in 2013 which makes it around 2 years? The first gen Ecosport (which was not sold in India) was between 2004-2012 according to Wiki.
Old 20th August 2015, 07:27   #67
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I thought Ecosport was launched in India only in 2013 which makes it around 2 years? The first gen Ecosport (which was not sold in India) was between 2004-2012 according to Wiki.
You are right. I quoted the Duster release date which was in 2011.

Last edited by BNM : 20th August 2015 at 07:32.
Old 21st August 2015, 14:46   #68
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car! lovely alloys too!

BTW I don't know if it's just me, but I think that the new-gen lot of Hyundais (starting from the new i20) have their colours lacking the mettalic effect. They have the glossy sheen to it, I agree..but are they metallic enough?
KaranP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 23:34   #69
BHPian

Hi BNM, Congrats on your new car and excellent write up.

Did you go for HID installation for the looks or because the throw was poor from the factory headlights. I have the 4S Verna and the throw from the headlights is awful to say the least. I was happy to read the TBHP official review appreciating the stock headlamps on the Creta. I was hoping to go for a bulb change only on the Verna and now you have pushed me into utter confusion on whether I should also go for HIDs. The Hyundai dealer quoted 8K.
autotranny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 09:01   #70
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
Congratulations on your new car! lovely alloys too!

BTW I don't know if it's just me, but I think that the new-gen lot of Hyundais (starting from the new i20) have their colours lacking the metallic effect. They have the glossy sheen to it, I agree..but are they metallic enough?
You are right. The red color has a glossy finish rather than the metallic finish we were used to a few years ago. I hope somebody with the Silver Color Creta can comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Hi BNM, Congrats on your new car and excellent write up.

Did you go for HID installation for the looks or because the throw was poor from the factory headlights. I have the 4S Verna and the throw from the headlights is awful to say the least. I was happy to read the TBHP official review appreciating the stock headlamps on the Creta. I was hoping to go for a bulb change only on the Verna and now you have pushed me into utter confusion on whether I should also go for HIDs. The Hyundai dealer quoted 8K.
The factory fitted lights were quite decent on the Creta. But I was used to the OSRAM night breaker lamps in my Verna (older one without the projector headlamps). In case of the Creta, I had made up my mind to modify it anyway - this was after seeing the lights in my BIL's BMW. After installing the HID, it is totally a different world - Can't compare it to the halogen lamps at all. Some of my friends had warned me that the visibility of the HIDs in the rain is poor. I did get to use it for a very brief period when it was raining and found it to be okay. Will keep you posted.
Old 25th August 2015, 16:22   #71
BNM
BHPian

AT - Money well Spent
With the official review out, I am not sure how many people will come back here and see this. But I will try and keep it alive anyway.

I have been driving to ITPL Tech park from Hebbal for the last 8 years and I can say the traffic has quadrupled over the years. The Whitefield road starting all the way from the KR Puram bridge underpass to ITPL has become a mess with the addition of new malls and office complexes (Brigade and Prestige) without any planning to handle the traffic whatsoever.

Today was extremely bad with traffic at a crawl from Phoenix Market City all the way up to ITPL. Must have taken an hour for 6 Kms or so. I was so comfortable driving the AT, just sticking to the right lane and let all the others do their antics. I was totally at peace listening to Eagles " Take It easy - Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy". Ironic but true

Forget all the omissions and the the overpricing comments - The AT is worth it just to overcome the daily torture ! Call me biased but I had a smile when I reached office satisfied that I made a great decision.
BNM is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 16:28   #72
BHPian

This is literally why I booked the AT. Regardless of everything else, improving my commute even by a little bit is so worth it.
manku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 17:04   #73
BHPian

With the current traffic scenarios across cities, the ATs are the best options for daily city commutes with bumper to bumper traffic. Only when you get stuck on a jam will you realize how easy the AT makes life for you. One can only imagine how much worse the traffic is going to get over the next few years and a choice of AT will never be regretted in cities.

Also please keep posting regular updates on good and not so good things you encounter along with FE updates if possible.
praveen_v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 08:44   #74
BNM
BHPian

Braking - AT
I had written about this briefly earlier but adding a few more observations with increased usage

1. The brake pedal travels around 50% to actually bite
2. This setup is very comfortable at slow speeds when you alternate your leg between the brake and throttle frequently.
3. Becomes a little scary in situations where you are traveling at speeds like 40 or 50 and have vehicles ahead of you. You slow down..that is fine. The dead stop requires a full stomp which makes the brake pedal travel further than the 50% and you barely make it. Need to be wary of this.
4. At high speeds, only planned gradual braking or downshifting using the tiptronic can only help.

Last edited by BNM : 26th August 2015 at 08:54.
BNM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 11:24   #75
BHPian

[quote=BNM;3778870]Attachment 1402916

Hi BNM,
Although I'm new here I've been following team-bhp for quite a few years now. More so keenly the Hyundai Creta.

I loved your ownership report with all the pretty pictures of your ride. Initially I was not too keen on the RED colour. But after seeing the pics of your modified Creta I must admit you have one sweet ride there.

I myself am looking to replace my 2009 Verna CRDI SX and definitely Creta SX(O) has made it to the short list and is right up there. Mostly will purchase a vehicle in early 2016 as I want to go for next years model. Lets see how things go!

Keep posting your experiences...happy and safe miles...!!!
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks