Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2015, 01:30   #91

Re: Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report

Hey BNM, I know you already mentioned that one would need an RCA converter for attaching an amp to the system, but I just wanted to be doubly sure = the factory HU doesn't come with any pre-outs right?
Old 9th September 2015, 18:49   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Aluminum Pedals
Hey, congrats on the car. Since you have graduated from Verna to Creta, I hope you are the best person to answer my query. Is the back seat as low as Verna. In many reviews, they were complaining about the relative lower seat position.

Female folks in my family hates the back seat of Verna. My aunt takes a cushion with her if she wants to sit in Verna . Her daily drive is Linea.

So how does the rear seat of Creta fair in comparison with Verna.
Old 9th September 2015, 19:05   #93
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Hey, congrats on the car. Since you have graduated from Verna to Creta, I hope you are the best person to answer my query. Is the back seat as low as Verna. In many reviews, they were complaining about the relative lower seat position.

Female folks in my family hates the back seat of Verna. My aunt takes a cushion with her if she wants to sit in Verna . Her daily drive is Linea.

So how does the rear seat of Creta fair in comparison with Verna.
There are 2 things to consider here.

1. Obviously Verna is shorter and you have to crouch to get in and get out. You also sit lower with a rising window line. But outside visibility is fair.

2. In the Creta getting in and out is a breeze without any effort. Sitting position is also great. But if you are shorter than 5'6" the visibility outside is not great.
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 19:13   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are 2 things to consider here.

1. Obviously Verna is shorter and you have to crouch to get in and get out. You also sit lower with a rising window line. But outside visibility is fair.

2. In the Creta getting in and out is a breeze without any effort. Sitting position is also great. But if you are shorter than 5'6" the visibility outside is not great.
Sounds good for me, most likely we will go for the same car as yours. I just send your cars picture to my family. My BIL and sister likes the colour, yet to get the verdict from my dad on the colour. We will be buying it next year only.
ecenandu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 15:15   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Team BHP ! - Found one last sticker
Last Mod hopefully - HID Kit from OSRAM.
The white light from the HID now goes very well with the LED lights. Cost me 11K.
Thats a nice looking car especially with the blackened roof.Did you purchse the HID online.Can you please share the link if possible?

Last edited by rakesh_r : 10th September 2015 at 15:18.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 17:29   #96
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Thats a nice looking car especially with the blackened roof.Did you purchse the HID online.Can you please share the link if possible?
Thanks. I purchased the HID at an accessories shop. OSRAM - costed me 11k including fitting.
BNM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 17:40   #97
BHPian

Hey BNM, Congratulations on an excellent buy and those awesome additions that have made the car look drool worthy :-)

Two questions:

- Is the boot space enough to accommodate a Pram (Width wise)
- What is the current average mileage with a month's ownership now
Old 11th September 2015, 16:45   #98
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
Hey BNM, Congratulations on an excellent buy and those awesome additions that have made the car look drool worthy :-)

Two questions:

- Is the boot space enough to accommodate a Pram (Width wise)
- What is the current average mileage with a month's ownership now
Thanks. I think a pram can be easily accommodated. Its been 17 years since I have used a pram
If you have a special one, maybe it is better to actually check it out in person.
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 16:48   #99
BNM
BHPian

SECOND MILEAGE REPORT
Method: Top up to Top up
Trip Meter Reading: 643 Kms
Fuel (Lts) : 49.3
Mileage: 13.04

Driven fully in Bangalore City
AC On all the time
30 % bumper to bumper traffic
Avg Speed: 22 Km/Hr
BNM is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 21:02   #100
BHPian

Hi BNM.
My Auto Creta is arriving on day after on Monday and also received my new 17 inch HRS replacement alloys today. However the alloys do not come with the nuts.
I called the supplier - SAI MAG wheels and they say I can use the nuts off my existing original alloys.
Was wondering whether you did the same.
Thanks in advance.
Old 15th September 2015, 11:40   #101
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goan View Post
Hi BNM.
My Auto Creta is arriving on day after on Monday and also received my new 17 inch HRS replacement alloys today. However the alloys do not come with the nuts.
I called the supplier - SAI MAG wheels and they say I can use the nuts off my existing original alloys.
Was wondering whether you did the same.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the late response. The bolts used are separate and not from the original alloys. In fact there is a contraption that needs to go into the wrench in order to remove/secure the bolts.

Last edited by BNM : 15th September 2015 at 11:41.
Old 15th September 2015, 12:30   #102
BHPian

Just got my Creta yesterday and also installed it with the nuts off the original alloys. Would it be any issue? Experts do give your views.
Old 15th September 2015, 13:39   #103
BHPian

I will be getting my White Creta SX+ AT next week after a long wait (booked 1st week of July). Now I would like to start thinking about add ons and I would like the experts suggestions.

1. Alloys & typres - don't like the stock on SX+. Thinking of upgrading 4 wheels. I liked what BNM had done with his red Creta AT. The only questions now is should I go for 17" or 18". I have seen a few Creta's with 18" alloys on Sai Marg wheels company's facebook page. Just wondering if it is advisable and if so what tyres would I need to get so there are no errors. Considering Momo Hyperstar Evo alloys - any feedback or alternative suggestions?
https://www.facebook.com/AlloyWheelsIndia

2. Mats - What are the best mats to get?

3. Audio - I am not much of an audio buff. How good is the speakers and do you think I need an upgrade?

4. Stickering or painting the top - I also like what BNM had done to the top. Need your suggestion if I should go for 3M stickering or black paint.

Also let me know if there are any good accessories that I should get from Hyundai.
Old 15th September 2015, 15:32   #104
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crskumar View Post
I will be getting my White Creta SX+ AT next week after a long wait (booked 1st week of July). Now I would like to start thinking about add ons and I would like the experts suggestions.

1. Alloys & typres - don't like the stock on SX+. Thinking of upgrading 4 wheels. I liked what BNM had done with his red Creta AT. The only questions now is should I go for 17" or 18". I have seen a few Creta's with 18" alloys on Sai Marg wheels company's facebook page. Just wondering if it is advisable and if so what tyres would I need to get so there are no errors. Considering Momo Hyperstar Evo alloys - any feedback or alternative suggestions?
https://www.facebook.com/AlloyWheelsIndia

2. Mats - What are the best mats to get?

3. Audio - I am not much of an audio buff. How good is the speakers and do you think I need an upgrade?

4. Stickering or painting the top - I also like what BNM had done to the top. Need your suggestion if I should go for 3M stickering or black paint.

Also let me know if there are any good accessories that I should get from Hyundai.
1. Suggest you go for 17" alloys. Since the suspension is a little soft sprung, with 3 people in the back the creta tends to go down a bit. You would want to avoid the wheel arches too close to the tyres.

2. Mats: for now go with the OEM mats. You can replace them later with 3D mats once the costs come down. OEM mats are around 1K and the 3D mats are around 7K

3. Audio: You can do the change later any time unlike the alloys and tyres. If you listen to radio predominantly, the OEM speakers are good enough. Feel it for some time before you decide to change anything. I changed the speakers in my Verna after an year!

4. Stickering - go for 3M since you have the flexibility of getting it removed (of course by a professional - not yourself). But I wouldn't recommend stickering or black paint if you park your vehicle in the sun for extended periods during the day because of the heat absorption. (In my case I just drive to work during the day for max of 2 Hrs. Rest of the time it is either parked in the garage or the office parking lot).
Old 15th September 2015, 17:30   #105
BHPian

Quote:
1. Suggest you go for 17" alloys. Since the suspension is a little soft sprung, with 3 people in the back the creta tends to go down a bit. You would want to avoid the wheel arches too close to the tyres.

2. Mats: for now go with the OEM mats. You can replace them later with 3D mats once the costs come down. OEM mats are around 1K and the 3D mats are around 7K

3. Audio: You can do the change later any time unlike the alloys and tyres. If you listen to radio predominantly, the OEM speakers are good enough. Feel it for some time before you decide to change anything. I changed the speakers in my Verna after an year!

4. Stickering - go for 3M since you have the flexibility of getting it removed (of course by a professional - not yourself). But I wouldn't recommend stickering or black paint if you park your vehicle in the sun for extended periods during the day because of the heat absorption. (In my case I just drive to work during the day for max of 2 Hrs. Rest of the time it is either parked in the garage or the office parking lot).
Thanks BNM for your suggestion. I will certainly look to upgrade the alloys and tyres to start of and hold of on the Audio and Stickering for now.

Any other accessories other than floor mats from Hyundai that you purchased or would recommend.
crskumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks