Team-BHP - Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/167370-review-hyundai-creta-1st-gen-176.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful (Post 4411073)
-What are the wiper blade sizes for the creta?

I installed hella conventional ones (26/16) from flybhp and they lasted only a year.
The OEM syndicate ones lasted much longer, and seemed more durable as well.

The only ones available on Amazon are "myTVS". The other options are hella on flybhp.com or buying the oem ones from Hyundai.

What is recommended?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful (Post 4587462)
I installed hella conventional ones (26/16) from flybhp and they lasted only a year.

The only ones available on Amazon are "myTVS". The other options are hella on flybhp.com or buying the oem ones from Hyundai.

What is recommended?

Having tried different wipers in my cars, I have always found OEM wipers to last longer. But in the Creta, the OEM wiper used to judder from day 1. So I got Bosch frame less wipers. Worked well for 1.5 years with smooth wipes but now it's time to change (Waiting for the monsoons).

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4242800

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful (Post 4587462)

What is recommended?

MyTVS is junk. They are not made TVS at all! They are some useless local brand. I dont know why TVS is taking no action on these guys!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra (Post 4586298)
Next time you feel that your AC is acting weird; park the car on the side - keep engine running - open bonnet - Check AC Pipes - You'll find ICE (yep!) formation there. Click Pictures!!!

The issue came up again today - however, there was no ice formation. Something else seems to be the problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra (Post 4586646)
Just so that you are aware and can do better with this issue when it next time arises, I have come to realise with my past experiences (with help of Hyundai Service Advisors), the culprit in this whole system is the 'Expansion Valve' which needs to be replaced.

Will check with the SA about expansion valve.

HSRP plates are going to be mandatory soon and cops in Delhi - NCR have started issuing fines with normal number plates.

I recently visited the plate installers place near my office but to my surprise he said that the plate has already been issued for this number and I did not get the plate in 2017 from my dealer and he told me that he is not charging me for it and when I called up my dealer, he told me that I'll have to pay 2100 for the same.

Can anyone tell me what should I do as according to the plate installer I have to get an FIR issued to get the plates installed and also I have to pay the cost of the plates.

Just wanted to share that the Creta continues to impress me post 1 year of ownership.
I have the 1.6 diesel SX and although I have always rated the car good, I have always thought its a car that you buy with your head and not your heart!

I have had to make 2 trips in the last 2-3 weeks, each of 900kms in my Creta. And these trips were hectic since it was done in a span of 1.5 days. And both with my wife and 6 year old son. What I continue to enjoy is the sheer comfort of driving! The 1.6 diesel offers fantastic power delivery, and the car itself feels super comfortable over long drives. The ergonomics, seat cushioning are spot on, almost no tiredness after each of these trips.

Out of the 12k I have covered in the last one year, nearly 3k are of long drives and in each of these trips, I have never felt the tiredness of driving.

Just to give a context, my previous car was a 1.6 diesel Rapid and I have done similar long drives too in the Rapid too.While the Rapid is far better in terms of braking, its not the most comfortable car around.
Where the Creta could have been better is the braking. Else its one of the better cars suited for long drives any day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrey25 (Post 4589858)
I did not get the plate in 2017 from my dealer and he told me that he is not charging me for it and when I called up my dealer, he told me that I'll have to pay 2100 for the same.

Can anyone tell me what should I do as according to the plate installer I have to get an FIR issued to get the plates installed and also I have to pay the cost of the plates.

I don't think you need FIR to get plates installed.

Rs. 2100 for HSRP? :Shockked: :Shockked: Are they gold plated or something? Even the fancy plates are not that costly. It is exorbitant. Here's the price list for Delhi.

Quote:

HSRP plates are going to be mandatory soon and cops in Delhi - NCR have started issuing fines with normal number plates.

I recently visited the plate installers place near my office but to my surprise he said that the plate has already been issued for this number and I did not get the plate in 2017 from my dealer and he told me that he is not charging me for it and when I called up my dealer, he told me that I'll have to pay 2100 for the same.

Been there, done that. You do need a NCR for loss/theft of the number plates. You can try and file one online on the Delhi Police website.

In your case since the plate office already issued the plates on your behalf to the dealer, it is the dealer's responsibility to provide you the plates, just make sure you have a proof of payment for the numberplate.

If you have the receipt(you usually get it with all the paperwork when you purchase the car) for the Rs.213-ish rupees that were charged for the numberplate while you purchased the car, confront your dealer with it by going straight to the manager and ask him where the plates are. Chances are your plates are just lying with your dealership in a dusty cabinet somewhere. They should install them for you for free.

However, if you don't have the receipt, go and get HSRP style number plates from any good car accesories market. I have seen these plates being sold for as low as Rs.450 for a pair complete with the hologram opp. Delhi Haat, Janakpuri. Trust me, no cop has the time to check if you have the small inscribed code on top of your plate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 4587693)
Having tried different wipers in my cars, I have always found OEM wipers to last longer. But in the Creta, the OEM wiper used to judder from day 1. So I got Bosch frame less wipers. Worked well for 1.5 years with smooth wipes but now it's time to change (Waiting for the monsoons).

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4242800

You can try getting 2B pencil lead (1 mm+) and rub it on the edges of the wiper rubber. Lead being carbon will help to glide the rubber over glass

Quote:

Originally Posted by geo.mathews (Post 4591059)
You can try getting 2B pencil lead (1 mm+) and rub it on the edges of the wiper rubber. Lead being carbon will help to glide the rubber over glass

Have heard of that and there are many interesting products available to stretch the life of the wiper. I also keep the wipers in upright position whenever the car is parked on the road. But I feel it's better to change them often (every year) since it's inexpensive. I might stick with Bosch next month as well.

Quote:

Any idea how to get an HSRP plate in Noida? I believe I need to find the registered agent but I haven't seen one in my local motor markets

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver (Post 4591475)
Any idea how to get an HSRP plate in Noida? I believe I need to find the registered agent but I haven't seen one in my local motor markets

I asked a friend who bought a car in February and according to him the Noida RTO has not yet implemented HSRP.

He got his HSRP style number plate fixed aftermarket which looks exactly like the one registered agents provide plus-minus the rivets.

I just paid for my HSRP plates ( HR 51 ) faridabad registration, I had to shell out Rs 406 for the plate and Rs 295 for delivery charges from Gurgaon, Total = Rs 701 and I'll get the plates in a weeks time according to the person who was sitting there.

Attaching the receipt for reference.

Does anyone have an idea on how much the OEM HU with Apple Carplay for the Creta cost ? I have a 2016 manufactured SX(0) and was really impressed by the HU in my friend's i10. I have given the after market ones a thought but really don't want to compromise on the extended warranty on the electrical and the overall finish. Any thoughts ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrey25 (Post 4591698)
I just paid for my HSRP plates ( HR 51 ) faridabad registration, I had to shell out Rs 406 for the plate and Rs 295 for delivery charges from Gurgaon, Total = Rs 701 and I'll get the plates in a weeks time according to the person who was sitting there.

Attaching the receipt for reference.

This is really economical. I got an HSRP lookalike from an auto shop in Noida and was charged 1500 for a set :Shockked:
It's steep but I had no choice. I can live with the anxiety of getting a challan for this.