Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2016, 11:09   #436
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

I have been going through this thread for last 3 months. It's been extremely useful in making my purchase decision.

Thanks to S2's picture perfect review, I booked my Endy 3.2L without a test drive .

I was in the market for Freelander 2, then Disco Sport but ended up going for Endy, simply because its Value for money, nothing comes close to it in my opinion at this price point. Brings a proud smile when its compared to 90L+ Prado !

Im a new member in the Forum, will post my intro in relevant section. Thanks to the Moderators for granting me the access.
niruvrs9669 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 13:50   #437
BHPian

Great thread. I am looking at Endeavour as well. Can someone compare 4x4 3.2L with Land Rover Freelander 2 Business Edition? Besides the engine capacity (which I am Ok with).

I see on car websites that Freelander 2 Business Edition having 31L ex-showroom Bangalore. I doubt if 3.2L 4x4 Endeavour will be much lesser.

And there is a big jump in the price of Freelander 2 next model. What could be the reason?
Old 14th January 2016, 14:06   #438
BHPian

The launch date is now officially confirmed as Jan 20th 2016 and is updated on Ford India website.
Old 14th January 2016, 14:10   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
265/60/R18 tyre size is available in Bridgestone Dueler HT & Yokohama Geolander ATS

http://www.tyreonwheels.com/car/tyre...s/10/Bangalore
I have checked Indian websites of Continental, MRF, Bridgstone, Michelin and Yokohama.

Only Yokohama has a tyre with size 265/60 R18 and that is Geolander ATS. No other indian website shows any model in this size
Old 14th January 2016, 17:09   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruvrs9669 View Post
I have been going through this thread for last 3 months. It's been extremely useful in making my purchase decision.

Thanks to S2's picture perfect review, I booked my Endy 3.2L without a test drive .

I was in the market for Freelander 2, then Disco Sport but ended up going for Endy, simply because its Value for money, nothing comes close to it in my opinion at this price point. Brings a proud smile when its compared to 90L+ Prado !

Im a new member in the Forum, will post my intro in relevant section. Thanks to the Moderators for granting me the access.
Congrats on your booking.

What is the list price that the dealer has told you? Also is it Trend or Titanium variant?

What is the delivery date that is told to you?

Last edited by malgudi : 14th January 2016 at 17:10.
Old 14th January 2016, 17:47   #441
BHPian

@malgudi,

Booked the 3.2L Titanium, Sunset Red. Manager at Elite Ford told be that on road pricing will be between 37L and 39L, which will be confirmed only on 19th Jan. I requested for the first delivery as mine was the first booking. We were the first ones to book and receive the first gen Endy Hurricane from Cauvery Ford, Bangalore about 12 years ago !

@Sssriram75, Did you verify with LR dealer if they are still selling the Freelander 2 at 31L exshowroom ? To me it was a close call between Endy and Freelander 2. Parked that FL 2 thought after the dealer confirmed phasing out of FL 2 model and the onroad price of HSE variant was well over 62L in Sept 2015 in Bangalore.
Old 14th January 2016, 18:27   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post
The launch date is now officially confirmed as Jan 20th 2016 and is updated on Ford India website.
Yes its confirmed, There are hoardings up as well all over Mumbai here. The hoarding says, "The all new ford Endeavour coming this January" with picture of the car in a desert i guess
Old 14th January 2016, 22:18   #443
BHPian

39 Lakhs is a bit too steep. I think it shouldn't be more than 31-32 On Road. Caradvice.au did do a comparison between the Everest and the Land Rover Discovery Sport.
Old 14th January 2016, 22:19   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Well there is a reason why most of Cars used by Police & other law enforcement agencies in USA & Canada are of Ford & other American brands , I haven't seen a single Japanese car used by Police in Canada
Well, there are very few being used in the US and Canada - but not as pursuit vehicles...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police...tes_and_Canada

Undercover and standard patrol units only.

I wouldn't take one on highway patrol, for sure! There are too many issues with safety. Despite the Crown Vic cover-up by Ford where many state troopers have lost their lives, I would still prefer to be in one of those, but better in a police-spec Explorer.

On the subject of the Endeavour, I was informed by S C Ford in Mumbai that they already have 383 bookings for it!

Highly doubtful.

Still want a black interior with a darker color - I prefer a dark blue, but they are not going to offer any blue in India as of the information Ford has provided so far.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 14th January 2016 at 22:20.
Old 14th January 2016, 22:34   #445
BHPian

Check this out Guys! I don't mind waiting
kimianks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 22:58   #446
BHPian

Land Rover vs Endeavour
Old 15th January 2016, 00:07   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Well, there are very few being used in the US and Canada - but not as pursuit vehicles...

I wouldn't take one on highway patrol, for sure! There are too many issues with safety. Despite the Crown Vic cover-up by Ford where many state troopers have lost their lives, I would still prefer to be in one of those, but better in a police-spec Explorer.

State troopers use Dodge Charger while local sheriffs use a mix of Ford Crown Victoria (Old) and Chargers (new).
Old 15th January 2016, 10:11   #448
BHPian

In my opinion, Endy competes well with Prado in Aussy market but in India;
a) It will further dent Prado sales in pricing
b) It will also dent Disco Sport sales in pricing
c) Competes well with Fortuner.

Discovery TD V6 is another class, cant compare a 1.2Cr+ beast with Endy.
Old 15th January 2016, 14:04   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruvrs9669 View Post
@malgudi,

Booked the 3.2L Titanium, Sunset Red. Manager at Elite Ford told be that on road pricing will be between 37L and 39L, which will be confirmed only on 19th Jan. I requested for the first delivery as mine was the first booking. We were the first ones to book and receive the first gen Endy Hurricane from Cauvery Ford, Bangalore about 12 years ago !
That is very steep pricing from Ford, if they stick to the same. I was expecting it to be a bit lower something around 33L - 34L to 3.2L Titanium. That would have been a game changer and mighty tough for Fortuner.
Old 15th January 2016, 15:22   #450
BHPian

Head to head Aussie comparison - Everest/Endeavour comprehensively outclasses Fortuner.

http://www.drive.com.au/new-car-comp...12-gm45bj.html

Since it is being sold for the first time in Australia, Ford can aim the big & beefy Everest at the Prado rather than its slightly smaller natural competitor, Fortuner.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks