Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2016, 11:20   #556
Senior - BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Wow, this is really good pricing from Ford. Pricing for 2.2 version is not as big a surprise but keeping even the 3.2 within Fortuner range is amazing. Kudos to Ford for bringing all the features and technology and not having any obvious compromise. Now its all on the dealers to be able to convert footfalls into orders. Thats one areas where Ford really needs to improve. Despite having a competent product line the numbers arent really showing that. Even a volume product like Ecosport never did more than 5K per month despite years of waiting periods. Same product in Maruti showroom would have run 10K units easily. All the best Ford.
Old 21st January 2016, 11:56   #557
BHPian

Madurai sales executive just informed me that only Trend models of both 2.2 and 3.2 are allocated for January and February. He says no Titanium models available as of now and insisting me to choose a Trend model.

I was the first to pre book an Endeavour in Madurai showroom as early as 7th this month. Booked a 3.2 AT Titanium Silver.

Anybody else facing the same problem?
Old 21st January 2016, 12:11   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Madurai sales executive just informed me that only Trend models of both 2.2 and 3.2 are allocated for January and February. He says no Titanium models available as of now and insisting me to choose a Trend model.

I was the first to pre book an Endeavour in Madurai showroom as early as 7th this month. Booked a 3.2 AT Titanium Silver.

Anybody else facing the same problem?
Call up the ford customer support or the corporate office and tell them your problem. People will automatically fall in line. And if indeed the titanium models are not available right now then it'll be best to just wait it out. No point missing on those great features.
Old 21st January 2016, 12:28   #559
BHPian

Sales executive says only four cars are allocated for Madurai Dealer every month and even in that, Model and colour options will depend on production and not as per orders. Don't know if it's true for all dealers.
Old 21st January 2016, 12:37   #560
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was the first to pre book an Endeavour in Madurai showroom as early as 7th this month. Booked a 3.2 AT Titanium Silver
I booked last month , sales guy has still not given pro forma as he is not sure what all has been billed by Ford yet- I doubt thats correct , let's see how they take this further - i can definitely see a long list of customers and most of these dealers will try to make little extra by adjusting allocations
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-screen-shot-20160121-12.31.15-pm.png  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-screen-shot-20160121-12.38.01-pm.png  

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st January 2016 at 12:40.
Old 21st January 2016, 12:47   #561
Senior - BHPian

The pricing for the Endeavour is mouth watering and you know why ? Because now it makes the Fortuner look totally 1990's stuff with no frills or gadgets.

What will not work for the Fortuner now is, if the current version is more expensive than the Endeavour, imagine when the facelift comes what will happen to the pricing wars? It has a 6 speed Auto and all XYZ jazz, so toyota will obviously look to price it way above the current model and that will increase the price gap between these two even more.

What will work for the Fortuner is cheap after sales service, Ford's unfortunately have expensive after sales service and parts, also Fortuner has a reputation which will work for it too even if there is a price difference.

May the Best SUV win. This competition will atleast make sure manufacturers are always on their toes bring us the best of the things.
Old 21st January 2016, 12:49   #562
Senior - BHPian

The price list has appeared on the Ford Site.
http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Bl...rue&blobkey=id

The best part is that the 4x4 prices for 3.2L Auto are just about a Lac more than the 2.2L Manual, so unless you really want an MT, 3.2L 4x4 Auto is the way to go.
Old 21st January 2016, 13:24   #563
Senior - BHPian

Carwale shows the price for the 3.2 4x4 Titanium version would be for 34,54,336 Inr on road for Mumbai central suburb, Which includes insurance of 1,12,918, Now i am sure getting the insurance from outside will save another 30-40k maybe? Insurance companies haven't updated their database with the new details for the new endeavour, Probably in a couple of days, 34 lakhs on road is simply sweet.
Old 21st January 2016, 13:47   #564
BHPian

Any word on the Endeavor being on display in NCR?
Called up a few dealerships but none have any display cars and no ETA at hand.
One of them however did mention that the SUV will be displayed in a mall soon, no details on date/venue yet.
Old 21st January 2016, 13:52   #565
BHPian

Great package !!
Robust, reliable and reasonable !

Although a DCT could have been offered, I'm not cribbing as it may not be as reliable with these massive torque figures. Awaiting the TBHP official review before I take a decision.
Old 21st January 2016, 14:23   #566
BHPian

With all the posts here regarding availability of the vehicle, I seriously wonder what Ford India has been doing in the past year (besides the flooding of course) - they still had plenty of time to set up an assembly line and start production of vehicles and have them (already) distributed to key storage areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
Great package !!
Robust, reliable and reasonable !

Although a DCT could have been offered, I'm not cribbing as it may not be as reliable with these massive torque figures. Awaiting the TBHP official review before I take a decision.
I would also have to TD one first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-U- View Post
This is one beautiful SUV. The rear looks somewhat similar to the US spec Explorer.
Actually, there is quite a difference.

Link to the Ford USA site for the Explorer: http://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/

The Explorer is "boxier" and window area is substantially better/larger.

The rear gate is at a much higher vertical angle to the ground as well.

Personally, I would prefer an Explorer...but they do not manufacture any RHD vehicles.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 21st January 2016 at 14:27.
Old 21st January 2016, 14:29   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Carwale shows the price for the 3.2 4x4 Titanium version would be for 34,54,336 Inr on road for Mumbai central suburb, Which includes insurance of 1,12,918, Now i am sure getting the insurance from outside will save another 30-40k maybe? Insurance companies haven't updated their database with the new details for the new endeavour, Probably in a couple of days, 34 lakhs on road is simply sweet.
34.54lacs + 22K+10K+ 6K is what the actual cost would be unless you wish not to take 3rd year extended warranty, manage to negate handling charges and buy mats/mudfalps outside. Also do consider NCB if you have.
Here in Karnataka 33.51 is the on road price of 2.2 Titanium AT which includes everything. I have 60% NCB so that should help me save some 50-60K on insurance.
Old 21st January 2016, 14:57   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
What will work for the Fortuner is cheap after sales service, Ford's unfortunately have expensive after sales service and parts, also Fortuner has a reputation which will work for it too even if there is a price difference.
The reputation is reflected in the fantastic resale that the Fortuner commands and the trust people have in Toyota vehicles that have done even above a lakh kilometers. Selling a Toyota Innova/Fortuner that has done over a lakh is like selling the car of any other brand that has done 50,000 kilometers.

The Endeavour though is a fantastic effort from Ford well appointed, good to look at and without the ride quality issues that the Fortuner has. It should reach second in terms of sales in that class with ease. The recent product line-up from Ford is very good with not very many weak players.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 21st January 2016, 15:02   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
....I have 60% NCB so that should help me save some 50-60K on insurance.
How do you transfer this NCB to a new car ? I have a 45% NCB, buying a new car this week, so the question. Thanks in advance !

I am waiting for a test drive on the new Endeavour too
Old 21st January 2016, 15:13   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
How do you transfer this NCB to a new car ? I have a 45% NCB, buying a new car this week, so the question. Thanks in advance !

I am waiting for a test drive on the new Endeavour too
There are couple of ways:
Cancel your current policy and get a third party or normal comprehensive insurance for your current car. Request for NCB eligibility letter from insurer. You are good to get 45% on your new car policy.

Alter way is you have understanding with your current car buyer, you can cancel your current policy, and ask for NCB letter from insurer. The insurer would ask for new policy before giving letter.

The process might vary a bit depending on your insurer, all you need is valid NCB letter and you are eligible for discount.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks