Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2016, 22:49   #646
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
That sounds more logical and plausible. No one would want the dealer to mess with installing a new navigation unit (hardware) in the dash of a brand new 20L+ car.
From the Owners Manual it looks like it is a SD card that needs to be bought.

"NAVIGATION
Note: The navigation SD card must be in
the SD card slot to operate the navigation
system. If you need a replacement SD card,
contact an authorized dealer.
Note: The SD card slot is spring-loaded. To
remove the SD card, just push the card in
and release it. Do not attempt to pull the
card out to remove it; this could cause
damage.
"
indusboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 08:50   #647
BHPian

Booked my endy (3.2 TIT), have couple of questions.
when do we normally need to pay the full amount, is it when Ford bills the dealership? or is it when we are ready to take delivery (before registration)?.
I wanted to make sure I get a good look at the car before I pay up the money and they register the car in my name.
what is the general practice? any other advise what we should be aware and should do before taking delivery or paying the full amount (- booking amount).
appreciate the help.
Old 26th January 2016, 09:15   #648
Senior - BHPian

Here is the video of the automatic tailgate and third row fold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
what is the general practice? any other advise what we should be aware and should do before taking delivery or paying the full amount (- booking amount).
appreciate the help.
Congratulations!

Yes, you can pay them after taking a good look at the car that is allotted to you at their yard. Do ask them to get you the VIN once the car is allotted.

This thread should help you with the specifics. http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-d...pdi-check-list
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 09:44   #649
Team-BHP Support

The differences in the 2.2 AT vs the 3.2AT were not much on paper but based on photos from Deetjohn, it looks like there's a lot of small differences.

3.2 AT gets black rooflining vs the all beige in the 2.2. There's a less beige white wash in the 3.2.

The top of the dash is leather with stitching in the 3.2 whereas the 2.2 gets plastic (hopefully soft).

The darker piano black dash inserts in the 3.2 vs the silver in 2.2.

The above changes make the 3.2 look more premium than the 2.2. On paper the difference is just in sunroof, additional one airbag and some other small gizmos. But interior cosmetics is different as well.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 09:48   #650
Distinguished - BHPian

I think these are the differences between Trend and Titanium versions rather than between 3.2 and 2.2
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 10:34   #651
Distinguished - BHPian

I am surprised there is no Titanium 4x4 MT !! That's sad. Why wouldn't someone want a nice 4x4 MT with all the features?!
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 10:34   #652
BHPian

Did any one get a test drive in Mumbai?
Old 26th January 2016, 11:51   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The differences in the 2.2 AT vs the 3.2AT were not much on paper but based on photos from Deetjohn, it looks like there's a lot of small differences.

3.2 AT gets black rooflining vs the all beige in the 2.2. There's a less beige white wash in the 3.2.

The top of the dash is leather with stitching in the 3.2 whereas the 2.2 gets plastic (hopefully soft).

The darker piano black dash inserts in the 3.2 vs the silver in 2.2.

The above changes make the 3.2 look more premium than the 2.2. On paper the difference is just in sunroof, additional one airbag and some other small gizmos. But interior cosmetics is different as well.
The 2.2 pictured was trend variant and not titanium. I agree with you, Titanium looks a lot more premium than trend, and one of the biggest miss with trend is soft touch on dashboard top. The trend gets hard plastic instead of leather.
Old 26th January 2016, 11:56   #654
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I think these are the differences between Trend and Titanium versions rather than between 3.2 and 2.2
I second that. Vid639 has got it wrong. Both the 2.2 and 3.2 (both titanium) Have absolutely no difference when it comes to interior, coz i drove both the cars. Trust me except for off roading the 3.2 is totally useless if driven in city and on highways. plus the gear box and engine is so damn smooth on 2.2. I felt i was driving a premium car like Range Rover or a q7 while driving the 2.2.In contrast the 3.2 was awful, Transmission take a beating, lot of turbo Lag. People who r blindly buying the 3.2 here without even driving one should need a reality check. The sunroof (which is a joke in indian weather conditions) and the auto third row adjustment are not worth paying the extra 3 lakhs on road if you don't do off roading.

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 26th January 2016 at 11:59.
ravelsnip@gmail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 14:01   #655
BHPian

Does anyone have a link or pdf copy of endeavor (india spec) user manual?
Old 26th January 2016, 14:43   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone have a link or pdf copy of endeavor (india spec) user manual?
I have it, but can't upload due to size constraints. You can download from Ford India website at https://www.india.ford.com/owner.

Last edited by indusboy : 26th January 2016 at 14:44.
indusboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 17:29   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
Trust me except for off roading the 3.2 is totally useless if driven in city and on highways. plus the gear box and engine is so damn smooth on 2.2. I felt i was driving a premium car like Range Rover or a q7 while driving the 2.2.In contrast the 3.2 was awful, Transmission take a beating, lot of turbo Lag.
I test drove the 3.2 and loved it. Never experienced any turbo lag, and engine was smooth and refined. Even with the windows down, there is no loud diesel clatter. From my current Endy (3.0LT AT) it really feels like an upgrade to a whole higher segment.

However, I was disappointed by an overall lack of space (I am probably unconsciously comparing it to my current Endy) & head room. Overall the legroom has reduced, and if you are over 6ft, you will not have much headroom.

Apparently there are no 2.2 test drive vehicles available in Bangalore, so did not get my hands on it.
Old 26th January 2016, 19:31   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
I test drove the 3.2 and loved it. Never experienced any turbo lag, and engine was smooth and refined. Even with the windows down, there is no loud diesel clatter. From my current Endy (3.0LT AT) it really feels like an upgrade to a whole higher segment.

However, I was disappointed by an overall lack of space (I am probably unconsciously comparing it to my current Endy) & head room. Overall the legroom has reduced, and if you are over 6ft, you will not have much headroom.

Apparently there are no 2.2 test drive vehicles available in Bangalore, so did not get my hands on it.
Which dealership is this, Elite ford still do not have a test drive vehicle (they have one on display though)?
Old 26th January 2016, 20:34   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Which dealership is this, Elite ford still do not have a test drive vehicle (they have one on display though)?
Lathangi Ford in JP Nagar.
indusboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 20:39   #660
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
I second that. Vid639 has got it wrong. Both the 2.2 and 3.2 (both titanium) Have absolutely no difference when it comes to interior, coz i drove both the cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The 2.2 pictured was trend variant and not titanium. I agree with you, Titanium looks a lot more premium than trend, and one of the biggest miss with trend is soft touch on dashboard top. The trend gets hard plastic instead of leather.
Thanks guys. Guess that clears it. I didn't realize till now that the 2.2 4X2 AT was offered in Trend as well. I was thinking that the dealerships kept the Titanium 3.2 and Titanium 2.2 AT variants.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks