Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2016, 22:26   #736
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
As the second row seats are on rails, did you try sliding them backwards and then fold the seats?

This has been the most exiting launch in the last couple of years for me! Eagerly waiting for the official review and the ownership threads!
Recommend you try it for yourself. I found the second row seats a tad low, though nowhere as bad as it was in the previous model. Ingress and egress was a bit uncomfortable for me. I think its something to do with the hip point etc, though I can't point my finger at the exact factor. I find Rexton's second row spot on, for example, ditto Santa Fe as well as the current Fortuner.

Front seats are large and supportive.

But given my experience with the second row, I will recommend everyone 2-3 sessions with the car before deciding.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 22:26   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Got my qotation from planet ford today...
OTR Rs 33,53,211/-

What is RSA?
Insurance seems to be high?
What are the logistic charges?
RSA should be Road Side Assist(ance).
As discussed on this thread (and forum) earlier as well, insurance at the dealership is always expensive and you would be able to get a better quote from outside insurance provider. I do not think it is mandatory that you have to take insurance from dealership, you could get it done from outside as well. In certain cases, dealerships also provide reduced quotes once you confront them with quotes from outside. Logistics is handling charges in another name I would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Dealer said that they have no idea about the allotment of first lot of cars. Ford shoud have atleast kept the first lot ready for delivery so that there could atleast be some happy customers promoting their product.
Yes, this is one area where Ford has certainly missed the trick. As I have said before, the momentum and positive build up would get lost since vehicles are not available for folks to see in showroom or on the roads (either in form of TD vehicles or initial deliveries).

Cheers,
S
Old 1st February 2016, 22:33   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
RSA should be Road Side Assist(ance).
As discussed on this thread (and forum) earlier as well, insurance at the dealership is always expensive and you would be able to get a better quote from outside insurance provider. I do not think it is mandatory that you have to take insurance from dealership, you could get it done from outside as well. In certain cases, dealerships also provide reduced quotes once you confront them with quotes from outside. Logistics is handling charges in another name
Thankyou... i will take your advice take a quote for insurance and visit the dealer..
Old 1st February 2016, 23:24   #739
Senior - BHPian

Vijayakanth gets the first Ford Endeavour in India!!

https://www.facebook.com/MotorVikata...type=3&theater

For those who do not know him, he is an Tamil actor turned politician. Gift by his sons for his wedding anniversary
Old 2nd February 2016, 03:22   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
So, there seems to be a serious production constraint or artificial scarcity for the Titanium variants.

The waiting period is 2-4 months and it seems they are allocating 1 car per dealership or something of that sort However, Trend model/variant can be alloted in 15-25 days time. I will get to know when my turn comes in a week or two
Still cannot believe how hopeless Ford is - what are they doing, twiddling their thumbs in the factory??

All they have to do is assemble the CKDs!

If the kits have not yet arrived, then they absolutely had no plan for what they were supposed to be doing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
That battery was in the same state on 20th - the day of the launch - when I visited. All electrical functions were off leave alone the fact that the car could not be started.

It is a deplorable state that the dealer has not bothered to even put a battery to be able to switch on the car for close to 12 days.

I wonder what Ford is up to. They are probably gaining more negative publicity than positive apart from turning away buyers.
Oh, now we'll have another fire issue in India too??
Old 2nd February 2016, 10:40   #741
BHPian

Looks like Ford is bent upon losing all the positive sentiment that they have generated from this very capable & sensibly priced launch. Instead of cashing in on this & helping rub off the "halo" effect to help drive the sales for their other models. But No

Was looking at the car advice comparo of the Everest & the Prado - that is where Ford is pitching it & it is coming up as a winner.
vkaul1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 11:39   #742
BANNED

Looking at the lacklustre response from Ford in terms of sales, I have decided not to go for this car. IF the delivery times are so delayed, one can imagine the future niggles and the time it will take to resolve those. :God help them then.

May be out of topic, but I'd request a suggestion whether to go for the CLA or the C class. Difference in pricing is 5 Lakhs after discounts. Is it worth it considering the minor changes in features?
Old 2nd February 2016, 18:41   #743
BHPian

Finally the test drive vehicle arrived at the local ford dealership. I took it for a 30 km test drive today on the Mangalore Bangalore highway which included a detour into a river bed on sand and pebbles. My XUV feels like a bullock cart after driving the endeavor . The endeavor ride is so smooth and cushioned and it feels so much premium inside in the titanium compared to the trend version.
I had 2 main apprehensions- The headroom in the titanium 3.2 which has a sunroof and the AT gearbox
There is a good 4 to 5 inches headroom after i adjusted the driver seat to get a good view of the road in front so not an issue at least for me ( I am 5'10 )
The Gearbox cannot be compared to a DSG but is pretty good. you can feel the gears changing with a minor hesitation but its not a major issue at all. there is no jerky feeling, the gear changes are smooth and pickup is really good feels like sitting inside a tank you get that secure feeling. Tried sports mode and manual mode also. the sports mode is slightly better than regular D mode but if your driving is aggressive then i think the ECU will convert D into sports mode after some time.
Finally about the off road detour on the riverbed it felt awesome. I tried out sand mode and rock mode with low ratio gear lock. my son and wife had come along for the test drive and my son wanted me to drive into the shallow river part but my wife was too scared so stopped at the waters edge.
Attaching 3 pics of the endeavor on the riverbed and 1 of the headroom for driver.
For the fence sitters having trouble taking a decision to book or wait for next gen Fortuner i would say you can safely go ahead and purchase the endeavor. Like my son says it is awesome . I have been promised delivery of my 3.2 Titanium 4x4 AT in 2 weeks. I can hardly wait.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-p_20160202_160340_1_p.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-p_20160202_160509_1_p.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-p_20160202_160853_1_p.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-p_20160202_162335_1_p.jpg  

Last edited by dockap : 2nd February 2016 at 18:43.
dockap is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 18:47   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
The one at navi mumbai has a white 4x2 Titanium Manual version.
Its actually White colour 4x2 Trend Automatic version. Uploading pic of the variant.

I visited Bhavna Ford, Nerul, Navi Mumbai for TD. They have 3.2 version for TD since yesterday. I was asked to wait for 5-10 mins for TD by the SE. Within 2-3 mins he returned to me requesting to wait for 15-20 mins for TD as the vehicle is out for another TD. He vanished after giving me this information and I was absolutely unattended for next 30 mins having no clue when I will get the TD. Nobody attended even for drinking water, leave aside refreshments. 3 female receptionists were busy with usual female chatter. I asked one about the SE and she said, the car is away for TD. I lost my patience. To his bad luck, SE came to reception and got a nice music from me. Their's was utter careless and thankless attitude towards customer. I left the dealership without taking TD. Don't know whether TD vehicle is 3.2 Trend or 3.2 Titanium. From whatever discussion I had with SE immediately after entering, he claimed that all 2.2 variants will be delivered within 2-3 months from booking and 3.2 ones will take at least 6 months.

Very disappointing experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-wp_20160202_0091.jpg  

abhi.adrenaline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 19:36   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.adrenaline View Post
Its actually White colour 4x2 Trend Automatic version. Uploading pic of the variant.

I visited Bhavna Ford, Nerul, Navi Mumbai for TD. They have 3.2 version for TD since yesterday. I was asked to wait for 5-10 mins for TD by the SE. Within 2-3 mins he returned to me requesting to wait for 15-20 mins for TD as the vehicle is out for another TD. He vanished after giving me this information and I was absolutely unattended for next 30 mins having no clue when I will get the TD. Nobody attended even for drinking water, leave aside refreshments. 3 female receptionists were busy with usual female chatter. I asked one about the SE and she said, the car is away for TD. I lost my patience. To his bad luck, SE came to reception and got a nice music from me. Their's was utter careless and thankless attitude towards customer. I left the dealership without taking TD. Don't know whether TD vehicle is 3.2 Trend or 3.2 Titanium. From whatever discussion I had with SE immediately after entering, he claimed that all 2.2 variants will be delivered within 2-3 months from booking and 3.2 ones will take at least 6 months.

Very disappointing experience.
I know it had to be an automatic, But the guy on the call just did not have any knowledge about the variants or either the car itself! Not only that he was pushing me to get the 2.2 Version even though i clearly said i am looking for the 3.2 Titanium version!
Old 2nd February 2016, 21:32   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.adrenaline View Post
I also confirm that they *say* that is what is in stock - as I wanted a 4x4 to test. I now gather this is the fact.

They only have the Titanium 4x4 3.2 to TD - in addition to the above Trend 4x2 auto, as informed to me today by the manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I know it had to be an automatic, But the guy on the call just did not have any knowledge about the variants or either the car itself! Not only that he was pushing me to get the 2.2 Version even though i clearly said i am looking for the 3.2 Titanium version!
PM me if you want the number of the manager - who knows a bit more about the products, I think...

Tried to edit my post, but:

Other info - apparently they (the Nerul dealer) are refunding 4x4 Titanium 3.2 AT deposits - as the wait is just too long...

Pushing the Trend version now.

Quite shocking, actually.

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th February 2016 at 08:50. Reason: merged the posts
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 22:41   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Finally the test drive vehicle arrived at the local ford dealership...

..For the fence sitters having trouble taking a decision to book or wait for next gen Fortuner i would say you can safely go ahead and purchase the endeavor. Like my son says it is awesome . I have been promised delivery of my 3.2 Titanium 4x4 AT in 2 weeks. I can hardly wait.
Thanks for all the details, very useful. When did you book the vehicle? In Most metros, currently the 3.2 has a waiting time of 4 months or more.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd February 2016 at 00:36. Reason: Please avoid quoting the entire post as it may inconvenience small-screen / mobile users. Thanks!
Old 3rd February 2016, 11:51   #748
BHPian

Got a call from Ford India on Sunday Afternoon. Information about deliveries was sketchy. They did state that someone from Bhavna Ford would call me. The call came on Monday afternoon and I requested the lady to call me in an hour as I was in a meeting. She promised to call on Tuesday Morning. Haven't heard from her since.
Spoke to my friend at the service centre who asked a colleague to call. Same thing.

Does not look like Ford is too keen on selling the Endeavour. With VW planning to bring the Tiguan soon, it might be an excuse for me to head in that direction.
Old 3rd February 2016, 13:20   #749
BHPian

The customer handling, at least here in Bangalore seems to be a major letdown. It has been almost 3 weeks since the launch of the car and most dealers here still don't have a test drive car. Couple of them have even stopped responding properly to new enquiries.

Apart from myself, I have another four friends/family in my immediate circle who love the car and want to seal the deal after a test drive, but nothing seems to be moving!

In this day and age, for a car company to be so out of tune with the market and customer handling in this segment, is a major failure.

I hope someone in Ford India has some good answers for this.
Old 3rd February 2016, 14:06   #750
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

"Still no test drive car, only display" - Response from Elite Ford Manager. Eagerly waiting to test drive the Endy, haven't cancelled my booking yet .

Near perfect SUV, priced well but poor marketing & sales strategy by Ford.

Only other two SUVs which will match this Endy but priced beyond 60L+ ;
1) Jeep Grand Cherokee (CBU, not worth that money with serviceability and reliability concerns IMO)
2) Disco Sport 2 Liter with "new Ingenium engine" (no sight of it yet in India)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks