Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Waiting Periods:
2.2 (4x2) Trend MT - Launch in April
2.2 (4x4) Trend MT - Launch in April
2.2 (4x2) Trend AT - 30 Days
3.2 (4x4) Trend AT - 30 Days
2.2 (4x2) Titanium AT - 40 Days
3.2 (4x4) Titanium AT - 60 Days

This as per an official communication to dealers from Ford. There are other details which if I post here, will put someone in trouble.
Not bad on Titanium 4x4 AT!

(Although this is completely the opposite from what the Manager of the dealer is telling me)

Apparently the Trend kits were imported first - as Ford India's "planners" decided that Trends would sell!

This is why they are all pushing the Trends - even the salesboy who TD'd tried to do that with me...

I would even pay the full amount up front now if I could get the vehicle in blue (as in SA and other countries) with a black leather interior...

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 15th February 2016 at 17:23.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 17:25   #827
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

I don't know what other dealers are saying but this is part of the official internal mail. Can't and won't share the whole mail for obvious reasons.

Name:  Screenshot 20160215 17.24.36.png
Views: 3023
Size:  471.5 KB
SumitB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 17:27   #828
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Therefore, I found the spinup of the engine very disconcerting when the gearbox downshifted for highway overtaking - we were effectively going nowhere for about 1-2 seconds!
Exactly, this is indeed one of my biggest grouses too.

Quote:
However, I definitely require an automatic tranny - which is why I was considering the new Endy.
Do you also need 7 seats as well? If not, why not the CR-V and/or a sedan with the DSG like the Superb?

Quote:
If I have the time, I will go TD the Pajero Sport for reference, but I hardly have the time nowadays...
Ah, the irony of rich people. They don't have the time to buy expensive cars since they are too busy earning money to afford them..!!
Old 15th February 2016, 17:38   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Do you also need 7 seats as well? If not, why not the CR-V and/or a sedan with the DSG like the Superb?
No need for 7 seats, but a proper SUV to compete with motor-trailers on the road.

Quote:
Ah, the irony of rich people. They don't have the time to buy expensive cars since they are too busy earning money to afford them..!!
Does a rich person drive an old Safari?

I should joke that I spend all my time at the Concorde workshop, but the fact is that this Dicor is pretty reliable.

Why wouldn't one just go for a Q7 if one had the opportunity? (I could if I leveraged every possible finance scheme available to me - but then would not be able to pay all the other bills! )

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 15th February 2016 at 17:40.
Old 15th February 2016, 17:44   #830
BANNED

Quote:
No need for 7 seats, but a proper SUV to compete with motor-trailers on the road.
Then the CR-V should do fine IMO. If you are ok with pre-owned vehicles, you should be able to get a good deal on the CR-V and the Grand Vitara.

Also, it is possible to get a pre-owned Q3 for the money you would spend on a new Fortuner/Endeavor. Why not try that?

Quote:
Does a rich person drive an old Safari?

Why wouldn't one just go for a Q7 if one had the opportunity? (I could if I leveraged every possible finance scheme available to me - but then would not be able to pay all the other bills!
Indeed does. That is how a person becomes rich, by saving money and then upgrading to his/her dream car.

There are a lot of Q7s in the market but their maintenance bills would hit the roof. I would hence, stay away. Also, try the Pajero Sport AT if you like these truck like SUVs. The gearbox, while better than the Endy, isn't great but those paddle shifters make it fun to drive once you get the hang of it.
Old 15th February 2016, 20:22   #831
BHPian

The excruciating wait now begins.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-screenshot-20160215-20.19.22.png

On a different note though, why does this mail still showcase the old Endeavour?

Last edited by SumitB : 15th February 2016 at 20:26.
SumitB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 20:33   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On a different note though, why does this mail still showcase the old Endeavour?
, you are talking about the photo of old Endeavour, they have mentioned in the photo as 2014 Endeavour. How can some one at Ford do such a silly mistake with a car costing well over 30 lakhs, they need to stop taking every launch casually.

Congrats on your booking, saw a white Endy yesterday and she looked lovely, massive and supreme road presence. All the best waiting for the delivery day, having experienced the excruciating wait few months back, i understand how it feels.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 20:41   #833
BHPian

Quote:
The excruciating wait now begins.
I got this mail on January 22nd and still no sign of my Endeavor best of luck with your wait
I had reported the pic of the old model Endeavor to the local sales head and he had forwarded the same to Ford on January 22nd. Looks like they are not interested in rectifying it
Old 15th February 2016, 20:51   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
I got this mail on January 22nd and still no sign of my Endeavor best of luck with your wait
I had reported the pic of the old model Endeavor to the local sales head and he had forwarded the same to Ford on January 22nd. Looks like they are not interested in rectifying it
I am aware of the situation with deliveries down south. I am told folks there are overwhelming dealers with bookings for the 3.2 4x4 Titanium. However, sometimes staying in small towns does help. My dealer has only got two bookings for the Endy and mine is the 2nd one. He is hopeful he will have good news for me sooner than later. Irrespective, I am in no hurry. I can wait for as long as I am made to.
Old 15th February 2016, 21:12   #835
BHPian

I had the exact same thought this weekend and visited used car showroom with family to check out Q3. Man! It's small, may be little bigger than our i10 and much smaller than Corolla.

Family rejected it, even the Q5 seems much smaller compared to Endy.

Quote:

Also, it is possible to get a pre-owned Q3 for the money you would spend on a new Fortuner/Endeavor. Why not try that?

Old 16th February 2016, 02:52   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Then the CR-V should do fine IMO. If you are ok with pre-owned vehicles, you should be able to get a good deal on the CR-V and the Grand Vitara.

There are a lot of Q7s in the market but their maintenance bills would hit the roof. I would hence, stay away.
See my comment below on the pretenders.

All Audis have high maintenance bills - I own/have owned the 3 - in a more affordable part of the world.

The trick is to keep on top of what the mechanic and the dealer's service supervisor is doing - then the repairs are validated, but *still* expensive. (I would warn against having outside mechanics doing anything else other than basic maintenance, like oil changes, bulbs, etc. - and even that could go awry!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrahul View Post
I had the exact same thought this weekend and visited used car showroom with family to check out Q3. Man! It's small, may be little bigger than our i10 and much smaller than Corolla.

Family rejected it, even the Q5 seems much smaller compared to Endy.
Yep, they are toy cars, not real 4x4's...

And, to keep on topic - the Endy is a *real* one, let one have no mistake about it.

Even more so than the Fortuner. (I say this even though I never took it off-road, but based on the structural rigidity when driving it...)

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 16th February 2016 at 02:57.
Old 16th February 2016, 10:38   #837
BHPian

Hey guys.
Have been reading alot of reviews by fellow bhpians of the new endeavor.One of the more prominent grouse with the beast seems to be the sluggish gear box. But the extent of this sluggishness varies from each reviewer.

I have heard that the gearbox in the endeavor learns the drivers driving style after some KMs and adjusts accordingly.I wanted to know to what extent the gear box can adjust? Will this learning reduce the sluggishness to some extent or this is asking too much?

To those bhpians who have complained of sluggishness from the gear box,have you'll experienced this learning phenomenon with other AT cars?
Do you'll think if you drive the Endeavour for a longer time, the gearbox will adapt and the lags will be reduced?

Im asking this for a friend who lives in the middle east but is relocating soon and is in love with the endy.

regards
Old 16th February 2016, 10:57   #838
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Hey guys.
Have been reading alot of reviews by fellow bhpians of the new endeavor.One of the more prominent grouse with the beast seems to be the sluggish gear box. But the extent of this sluggishness varies from each reviewer.

I have heard that the gearbox in the endeavor learns the drivers driving style after some KMs and adjusts accordingly.I wanted to know to what extent the gear box can adjust? Will this learning reduce the sluggishness to some extent or this is asking too much?

To those bhpians who have complained of sluggishness from the gear box,have you'll experienced this learning phenomenon with other AT cars?
Do you'll think if you drive the Endeavour for a longer time, the gearbox will adapt and the lags will be reduced?

Im asking this for a friend who lives in the middle east but is relocating soon and is in love with the endy.

regards

Well so far i have driven this endy many times for about 120 KMS. I haven't seen any change in the gear shift pattern nor the sluggishness goes too. All this self-learning gearbox is a myth and hype by ford india, trust me there is no such thing as "learning gear box" what do they think implant Artificial intelligence in the gearbox? if it was existing why wouldn't the german cars not implement it? they don't even know which image to put up for a greeting card for customer's booking. Speaks volumes about their fakeness. Don't fall for it. I have had enough of this endy and looking at a luxury sedan. IF you still need an SUV take my bet, and wait for the New Fortuner. By far the most reliable SUV in India.

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 16th February 2016 at 10:59.
Old 16th February 2016, 11:05   #839
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
Well so far i have driven this endy many times for about 120 KMS. I haven't seen any change in the gear shift pattern nor the sluggishness goes too. All this self-learning gearbox is a myth and hype by ford india, trust me there is no such thing as "learning gear box" what do they think implant Artificial intelligence in the gearbox? if it was existing why wouldn't the german cars not implement it? they don't even know which image to put up for a greeting card for customer's booking. Speaks volumes about their fakeness. Don't fall for it. I have had enough of this endy and looking at a luxury sedan. IF you still need an SUV take my bet, and wait for the New Fortuner. By far the most reliable SUV in India.
Of course the gearboxes adapt to how the vehicle is being driven. I've seen this from the vintage 5 speed I had in my Accord to the 8 speed in my X3.

The easiest way to notice is to take the vehicle on an enthusiastic highway drive, and then drive it in the city on your usual commute the next day. The box will hold on to gears a bit longer, and downshift with less throttle input that it would normally.

Vehicles driven solely in the city in traffic will hesitate to downshift, and upshift earlier.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 11:07   #840
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
I found the gearbox fine for an SUV. No real complaints, except one - sometimes when I want to overtake and want a downshift, it won't downshift. Will continue in the same gear only (relying on the engine's torque to pull you ahead). Solution = S / M mode. In M mode, you can hold the engine to max rpms.

It's no DSG, but absolutely fine for a large SUV like the Endeavour.

Ford says that the gearbox has a points based system. It starts off in economy mode (0 points). Keeps observing the driving pattern. Sporty driver is 100 points & enthusiast is 200 points (basically, someone who is always pedal to the metal).

The ECU really can't change the shift speed. But what it can change is the shift point, how long a gear is held etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
I haven't seen any change in the gear shift pattern nor the sluggishness goes too. All this self-learning gearbox is a myth and hype by ford india, trust me there is no such thing as "learning gear box" what do they think implant Artificial intelligence in the gearbox?
It's not that difficult for the control unit to adapt to changing situations / driving conditions. There might already be others that do it, but don't brag about the same.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks