Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2016, 21:15   #721
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Finally booked a 3.2 4x4 titanium ... now its a wait n watch ..now if ford delivers before the launch of fortuner.. good for them or they loose a customer i already have the new fiesta and am happy with the car. Trust ford for the sturdy cars they make.
Congratulations.

What is the wait time? And what color?
Old 31st January 2016, 22:56   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Spent more than an hour today by calling all the ford showrooms here in Mumbai, Only to be disappointed everytime, Even calledup the showroom in Navi Mumbai, Only a few dealers have the vehicle for display, The one at navi mumbai has a white 4x2 Titanium Manual version.
Are you sure ? i don't think its 4x2 Manual Titanium, could be 4x2 AT Titanium
Old 31st January 2016, 23:00   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Are you sure ? i don't think its 4x2 Manual Titanium, could be 4x2 AT Titanium
I too double checked with them, And the person on the phone too doubled checked and confirmed it was a 2.2 4x2 Titanium manual, Infact one of the other dealer too said he has the manual version on display.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 31st January 2016 at 23:00. Reason: Adding content
Old 1st February 2016, 00:58   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, From which dealer did you book your's? Any luck with a test drive? I called up several dealers but none of them had a test drive car, And most of them without even a display vehicle!
Quote:
I too double checked with them, And the person on the phone too doubled checked and confirmed it was a 2.2 4x2 Titanium manual, Infact one of the other dealer too said he has the manual version on display.
This is just plain hilarious. I think Ford is purposely trying to mess things up or create a case study on how to do it. They did it very well with Ecosport to begin with and now Endeavor. I can't imagine a car at 30+ lacs having a 6 months waiting period and not being able to show vehicles in show room leave alone test drives. I totally agree if i am spending 35 big ones, they better try harder.
Old 1st February 2016, 01:15   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
This is just plain hilarious. I think Ford is purposely trying to mess things up or create a case study on how to do it. They did it very well with Ecosport to begin with and now Endeavor. I can't imagine a car at 30+ lacs having a 6 months waiting period and not being able to show vehicles in show room leave alone test drives. I totally agree if i am spending 35 big ones, they better try harder.
Seriously, Even though their product is amazing at the price point with great features thats not all thats required to sell their product, It was a bit of sore moment when i asked my dad to go checkout the car today guessing it should be there at all ford showrooms with test drives going around after looking at the amount of advertisement they have done, Still decided to call and just confirm before leaving and voila, They surprised me!
Old 1st February 2016, 11:58   #726

I saw the new Endeavor in person the past weekend. My observations:

1. First look - very impressive from the front (see the picture). The Sunset Red looks nice, although an immediate thought was - isn't it a bit too glossy?
2. Fit and finish - Apparently test drives are still not allowed (not even for the sales guy who spoke to me) so all I could do is sit and get a feel.
-a. The leather dash looked nice but the leather seats were okay. I didn't get the feeling of plushness, Rexton's seats were more plush for example. That part didn't feel like a luxury segment car.
-b. The infotainment system - judging only by its looks - didn't stand out. Felt same old as you see in any other car.
-c. Beige color seats - definitely an issue. Scuff marks and discolored already, the sales guy had a weak defense to it.
-d. Headroom - I raised the driver's seat to its highest point and whilst it gets a bit close I didn't see any issue. That said, I am not that tall (5'11').
-e. The two tone interior - black ceiling + beige upholstery - looks fine, subject to my crib on #2a above.
-f. Access to third row - is bad. Not sure what Ford were thinking, but the sanest (and safest) way to get in - I tried with my 6-year old - is from the hatch with one of the seats down. And it is for kids (see picture). I don't want to be the adult in the seat, no matter what distance.
-g. Flat back with seats folded - this is a specific fantasy of mine, to be ale to see if with both back rows folded, the wagon can become a flat playground (or bed) for my two boys. The good news is yes, but with a big gap between the second and third rows. Which means no adult can use it as a bed. I think only Captiva does this best, Rexton has two flaps to cover this very gap, neither elegant nor comfortable. Now this is a not a big issue for most of us, probably not even for me, but I was surprised to see the big yawning gap there.
-h. View of the road from the driver's seat - Even from a fully raised position, I didn't feel like it was hugely better than for a Fortuner. Do take this with some salt, I couldn't drive either car on the road so this is literally first impression. I do recall that the Safari Storme offered the best view of the road ahead, even on first impressions.
-i. Glove box - is plasticky and small. Badly thought through.
-j. Wheels - look small, given the wide gape of the wells. Not that much can be done about it.

3. Sales experience:
-a. Placement - I was definitely expecting some differentiation for what essentially is a 30-lakh car. It's parked next to some kind of a store next to the showroom, not even the slightest of fancy, no buntings, nothing.
-b. Sales guy - The sales guy was very informative though and had practical points to make on the ban on registry of big diesel vehicles in NCR, and the issues one will have trying to circumvent it!
-c. Bookings - apparently have started. The sales guy promised to call me on Monday (today) to confirm how many cars he will receive in the quarter and hence the implications on delivery date.

4. My verdict - Not the runaway WOW I was expecting having seen pictures and read reviews. Quite a few areas that need to grow on me, but not bad value for money. Call it odd, but for some reason I found myself thinking about the Rexton a lot as I spent time with the Endeavor, despite having seen everything from XUV500 all the way up to Q7 beforehand! I had liked the Rexton as a car but other matters of the head (brand, less safety features, old technology) were dampeners; with the Endeavor, it's the head that keeps you in the game till the heart come around, I guess.

My 6-year-old's verdict is - I like this car from Ford, spelt with a 'd', not 't'! Some wisdom there.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-img_0113.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-img_0115.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-img_0116.jpg  

atthewheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 13:58   #727
BHPian

Quote:
As per Ford India Website, Manual isn't available in Titanium.
Old 1st February 2016, 14:01   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
As per Ford India Website, Manual isn't available in Titanium.
I know, And hence i asked them like twice! But they still firmly said, "Yes sir". I just decided to keep the phone.
Old 1st February 2016, 14:08   #729
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0782 View Post
I think the switch you are talking about is to engage 4x4 Low and not to switch from 4x2 to 4x4.
May be. I guess the Sales Rep who got trained for a week didn't concentrate enough on the classes he got. He was the one who informed me that the car isn't all time 4x4.
Old 1st February 2016, 14:18   #730
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys :

I am posting a "TD report" behalf of a good friend (Rahul K from Hyderabad) who was keenly following this thread and has almost decided to buy the new Endy

Since he is not a BHPian yet (He plans to be one very shortly), he requested me to share this report with you all so that you can also benefit from his view points as much as he has benefitted not just from this thread but, from the forum overall

Since he is not a member, he will be able to see your responses but, may not be able to respond till he becomes a member

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ford Endeavour Test Drive

30 January 2016
08:44

After a long wait, I finally managed to get the test drive for new Ford Endeavour. It was 3.2L 4x4 Titanium Auto variant. I managed to get nice one and half hour long drive on various roads and the sale rep was very helpful.

Before I get on to the actual driving experience here are some of my observations:

• There is lot of discussion about interior color. For the Titanium variant, it's not full beige. Its actually very nice combination of beige and black, for example the roof is all black. Unlike lot of folks, I really liked it.
• Another debate is about navigation. The vehicle is equipped with GPS hardware and shows the long/lat coordinates in info mode. Dealer need to load-up maps using SD card and it will be MapMyIndia maps. The cost is not known as of now.
• Difference I noticed from the Thai spec vehicle reviewed by S2:
○ No blind stop warning in side mirrors. The mirrors are huge and there is small (1 inch wide) portion at the far end of the mirrors with different glass. The sales rep was not able to explain it properly.
○ Only one scuff plate, the scuff plate with "Endeavour" is missing.
• The cabin is really quite (expect in 1 and 2 gear, more on that later) even high speed. The view from the front is nice and one can see the entire hood. This make is really easy to drive.
• All windows supports one-touch up-down as oppose to only driver side. Also, since there is no physical moving part for door lock, the auto lock on motion is not as loud as my Corolla. On holding the lock key on remote, it rolls up all windows, sunroof and even closes the tailgate. Opens up all windows on holding the unlock key. Nice touch.
• At least for me the front parking sensors are highly required. It very difficult to gauge the actual extent of the SUV. At times I thought I am going to touch something during parking and was wondering why the sensor is not beeping. But as you come close the display start showing the sensor data. Folks planning for lower variants should consider this for sure.
• Reverse camera is useful and necessary. Also, the camera stays on for short while even after reverse is changed to drive. This was useful during 3 point u turn on small roads.
• I really liked the massive moon-roof, its operated by button instead of manually sliding the cover. It makes the SUV feel more airy. I agree the sunroof is not needed in India but moon-roof is nice luxury.

Now on to driving experience. My baseline here is the 2010 Corolla Altis Auto.
• One key debate is about the sluggishness of the auto gear box. Unfortunately, it is quite sluggish, especially in 1 & 2 gear. Even worse than Corolla. It seems this puts lot of stress on the engine and one can hear a loud growl but it sounds good.
Now there is a solution to this, the sport mode. Put the SUV in sport mode and it make the massive SUV really agile. So after a while, I started using the sport mode to get off the signal quickly and once the SUV gets moving slot it back to normal drive mode. BTW I only observed the sluggishness in 1 & 2 and not at higher gears. So overtaking was not a problem on ORR in D mode as well.
• The SUV is really easy to drive and doesn’t feel large and bulky from inside. The steering is as light as my Corolla but has much better feeling at higher speed. Turning radius is more than Corolla and 2 lane U turns might need 3 point turn. As I said above the reverse camera helps.
• Ride is really comfortable and much much better than XUV and Fortuner. In fact it's quite close to Corolla at speeds up to 100-120 kmph. I tried really broken roads and the SUV seems to handle them well.
• On ORR, I was able to touch good speeds. Up to 100-120 the SUV remains close to 2K RPM and even at higher speeds its was well within 3K and without any fuss. I was not comfortable pushing it anymore but the sales rep said pervious TD person took it too good speeds. BTW, there is some vertical movement post 120.

I really liked it and planning to book it. I am waiting for the delivery timelines but looks like it might take a while.

This dealer is only getting one 3.2 Titanium every month and 2 are already booked by some politicians.

--------------------------------------------End of Message-----------------------

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st February 2016 at 14:29. Reason: removed the high speed mention :)
mobike008 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 14:50   #731
BHPian

Quote:
I know, And hence i asked them like twice! But they still firmly said, "Yes sir". I just decided to keep the phone.
I'm not surprised to hear that. I've called Lathangi ford to check the test drive vehicle availability and the lady picked my call said she doesn't know what model is that and finally said "Sir its 4x4 or something"

Now I feel really sorry for the potential Mustang Buyers !
LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 20:46   #732
BHPian

So, there seems to be a serious production constraint or artificial scarcity for the Titanium variants.

The waiting period is 2-4 months and it seems they are allocating 1 car per dealership or something of that sort However, Trend model/variant can be alloted in 15-25 days time. I will get to know when my turn comes in a week or two
Old 1st February 2016, 20:56   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorque View Post
Hey guys!

Was at Metro Ford earlier today and they did have the 3.2 Titanium on the floor looking quite resplendent in red. The battery had discharged completely and none of the feel good 'powered features' were demonstrable at the time.
That battery was in the same state on 20th - the day of the launch - when I visited. All electrical functions were off leave alone the fact that the car could not be started.

It is a deplorable state that the dealer has not bothered to even put a battery to be able to switch on the car for close to 12 days.

I wonder what Ford is up to. They are probably gaining more negative publicity than positive apart from turning away buyers.
Old 1st February 2016, 21:24   #734
BHPian

Got my qotation from planet ford today...
Ex showroom (outside LBT ) rs 28,19,510/-
Insurance (zero dep) rs 1,30,123/-
RTO rs 3,68,036/-
3rd yr extended waranty + RSA rs 20,494/-
Essential kit (acessories base pack) rs 8,798/-
Logistics Rs 6,250/-

OTR Rs 33,53,211/-

What is RSA?
Insurance seems to be high?
What are the logistic charges?
Plan to question the dealer once i get back to Pune?

Dealer said that they have no idea about the allotment of first lot of cars. Ford shoud have atleast kept the first lot ready for delivery so that there could atleast be some happy customers promoting their product.
Old 1st February 2016, 22:20   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atthewheel View Post
-g. Flat back with seats folded - this is a specific fantasy of mine, to be ale to see if with both back rows folded, the wagon can become a flat playground (or bed) for my two boys. The good news is yes, but with a big gap between the second and third rows. Which means no adult can use it as a bed. I think only Captiva does this best, Rexton has two flaps to cover this very gap, neither elegant nor comfortable. Now this is a not a big issue for most of us, probably not even for me, but I was surprised to see the big yawning gap there.
This is my fantasy too. Just imagine, 4x4 Endeavour driven through a jungle, to a camping site and used as a tent! .

I wish our world was safer.

As the second row seats are on rails, did you try sliding them backwards and then fold the seats?

This has been the most exiting launch in the last couple of years for me! Eagerly waiting for the official review and the ownership threads!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks