Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2016, 13:48   #781
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
I had the same question in mind. Is there not any opaque plate/curtain to prevent direct sun light? It would be very uncomfortable if it's not there
Yes, one would like not having reflections/possible sunroof glass breaking and then directly entering/falling down into the passenger compartment if this is not present.

Found another video from Australia - base Everest model review:

(Like the standard headlights/config on this one)

Also found a South African video review:

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 9th February 2016 at 14:13.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 14:08   #782
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
I had the same question in mind. Is there not any opaque plate/curtain to prevent direct sun light? It would be very uncomfortable if it's not there
Don't worry, thee is a automatic electrical sliding door panel beneath the sunroof inside the cabin, opening which would open the moonroof/sunroof. Pressing that button once again would open the sunroof as well.
Old 9th February 2016, 14:44   #783
vdi
BHPian

There was a sardarji in the car while I was checking the middle row seats at the Auto expo. He was fuming after seeing the headroom and heard telling his friend that this will not sell in Punjab due to the 'amazing headroom'. His Pagdi was literally touching the roof.
Old 9th February 2016, 20:21   #784
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
There was a sardarji in the car while I was checking the middle row seats at the Auto expo. He was fuming after seeing the headroom and heard telling his friend that this will not sell in Punjab due to the 'amazing headroom'. His Pagdi was literally touching the roof.
That's true. I checked out the endeavour in the showroom recently and I am just 5'8" and in the middle row my head was just 1 inch away from the headliner, inspite of the seat backrest also inclined. It is really surprising that such a huge vehicle does not have good headroom. In contrast my Yeti has much more headroom (almost 6 inches above my head) both in the driver seat and the second row.
Old 9th February 2016, 20:29   #785
Distinguished - BHPian

The difference is this is a proper ladder frame off road SUV, most of the action is below where you sit, with all that complex off road equipment. This means the floor is very high. Ford cannot make the roof disproportionately high like a Tata Safari, considering aesthetics, stability and drag. So, in the end the headroom is compromised, which is the right compromise, considering this is an off-road-performance vehicle first, stable highway cruiser with decent looks second and a creature-comfort-oriented vehicle third and last!

Pity is in India, the typical buyer will prioritize in reverse.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 9th February 2016 at 20:31.
84.monsoon is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 00:35   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post

Or the buyer wants all the three!

This is an amazing vehicle. Some thing that excites me after a long time. 3.2 L engine's power delivery will be smooth as it has 5 cylinders.

Only drawback I see is the entry to the rear seat. This off course is strictly for the children.

It will be interesting to see the new fortuner, once launched. It is supposed to be good too and if it is any way near Endeavor, I can bet that more features will be added to endeavor (adaptive CC, second row AC outlet, GPS with maps as standard, better oem tyres.. etc) OR even discounts may start.

That is when I would have picked one if I were in the market.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 08:38   #787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Or the buyer wants all the three!

It will be interesting to see the new fortuner, once launched. It is supposed to be good too and if it is any way near Endeavor, I can bet that more features will be added to endeavor (adaptive CC, second row AC outlet, GPS with maps as standard, better oem tyres.. etc) OR even discounts may start.

That is when I would have picked one if I were in the market.
Conversely, Ford could increase prices on the top end variant. Remember, this variant is priced quite a bit under the pricing of similar vehicle in other markets such as Australia etc. On the other hand, the lower variants are somewhat over-priced. Ford may use a strategy of holding prices steady on the Trend variants to fight the Fortuner and increase prices on the top end variant to position it against the more premium SUVs like the Land Rover Discovery Sport, as it has done in Australia and South Africa.
Old 10th February 2016, 11:15   #788
Senior - BHPian

Greetings for a great new year!

I have been watching this thread since S2's nice firsthand review and several other videos from Australia to South Africa to India. I do not think its hard to take a decision, after all, these positive reviews. The only review which was confusing was from Autocar India Feb edition about the 2.2.

(Everest is the off-roader of the year in Australia, easily won in the comparisons with Fortuner, Landcover etc - which is interesting)

However, I had an extensive TD last month including some mild off-roading, and to summarise, I am very much impressed with 3.2, Titanium. Few observations from my view:

1. It has a grand look - no doubt. Way better than the present competitors in this segment.
2. Nicely accommodates 4 Adults and a Kid in the middle of the middle row.
3. Third-row is very much acceptable for kids even for long drives, and small framed - healthy adults, since reaching needs effort.
4. I am 6'1", I have no complaints about the head room. In fact, I didn't notice that at all until I read several complaints in the thread from Tall users. When I checked it next time, I found that finding the right seating position with the electrically adjustable seats will give more room, and make you to not to worry too much.
5. Maps don't come with the Sync 2 - Optional SD cards to be purchased from the dealer (and dealer has no clue about when they will get accessories)
6. Little or negligible turbo-lag. Those who drive only a manual may feel this more.
7. Effortless steering and handling within the city.
8. You can easily notice the vehicle coming from the opposite directions give way with respect. Not to boast, but it is actually required for the size of the vehicle.
9. My VIN shows production date as Sep 2015. Does that mean the vehicle was made long ago and waiting in manufacturer's yard for launch?

Considering our usage pattern (95% within city and highway, we booked a 2.2 Titanium on 23rd Feb and got it in the showroom in 7 days. I am yet to get it delivered, and will post pictures when I have it. I understand Ford needs improvement in their supply-chain right now. But, I personally feel this vehicle is worth the wait.

I thank you for S2 and others who shared video reviews that helped us to choose this vehicle. We were inclined towards Fortuner initially, and GTO's strict NO-NO helped us to stay away from it, and we waited!

(Off topic: Started using Grammarly after Typos and 1 year forced holiday. ;-), sometimes it was interesting just to read and watch too)

Last edited by agbenny : 10th February 2016 at 11:22. Reason: Details added
agbenny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 11:24   #789
BHPian

Just received a call from Ford customer care. They said delivery will be in mid April. I booked it on January 7th and that was the first booking for Madurai dealer.
Harshavarthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 12:24   #790
BHPian

I am wondering how the dealers in other parts of the country are estimating such long periods for deliveries of the 3.2 Titanium. I just got off the phone with the dealer in Shillong. I have been committed a delivery of March 2nd-4th week if booked today. This they're willing to commit in writing too.
Old 10th February 2016, 13:17   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
The sales advisor said they have started giving test-drives now and expect the bookings to go up.

@arvi86, could you please mention the dealership that is giving out the test drive and if possible a contact? Am in the market for an SUV and it would be great to have a test drive.

I just called Chennai Ford a few minutes ago and they confirmed that there is / will be no test drive vehicle that will be available for at least a couple of weeks.

And by the way, estimated waiting period for a 4 x 4 MT is 6 months.

Wonder what the guys at Ford were thinking.
Old 10th February 2016, 13:41   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvara View Post
@arvi86, could you please mention the dealership that is giving out the test drive and if possible a contact?
Hi anvara, I was referring to the Chennai Ford outlet in Arumbakkam. I saw a brand-new red Endeavour right in front of the door with the typical brand stickers and slogans that test drive vehicles are generally plastered with. I don't have a contact number yet but will soon get you one.

Last edited by arvi86 : 10th February 2016 at 13:44.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 13:43   #793
BHPian

Thanks arvi. Interestingly it was the same dealership that I just called and spoke to
Old 10th February 2016, 19:17   #794
BHPian

Mod Note: Your post contains a number of spelling and grammatical errors. Please take the time to compose your post- it would be a good idea to use a spell checker.

Last edited by noopster : 11th February 2016 at 14:53.
neo_trace is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th February 2016, 19:19   #795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The difference is this is a proper ladder frame off road SUV, most of the action is below where you sit, with all that complex off road equipment. This means the floor is very high. Ford cannot make the roof disproportionately high like a Tata Safari, considering aesthetics, stability and drag. So, in the end the headroom is compromised, which is the right compromise, considering this is an off-road-performance vehicle first, stable highway cruiser with decent looks second and a creature-comfort-oriented vehicle third and last!

Am not sure of your source of information - neither does a ladder-frame chassis equate to a vehicle having complex complex off-road equipment, and nor does it lead to low head-room.

The existing 4x4 AT Fortuner is also built on a ladder-frame chassis, has proven off-road capability, and decent head-room.

The Indian market is a leveler, and the typical buyer in India is very discerning and intelligent. If at all, it's us "enthusiasts" on TBHP that make foolish "buyers".
manveet is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks