Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2016, 19:16   #706
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_rahul View Post
We just booked the 3.2 Titanium (still confused between Sunset Red and Panther black; suggestions welcome). Delivery 3.5 months
Could someone please tell me whether the normal driving mode is 4x2 which switches to 4x4 on snow, sand and rock modes? Or is the car a permanent 4x4 drive?
Congratulations . It's a permanent 4x4.
Harshavarthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 21:52   #707
BHPian

heard from my dealership in Bangalore that they still don't have a test drive vehicle and probably should come in another week.
There is only one 3.2 titanium allocated to them in Feb (wow), at this rate 3.2 titanium would already have a waiting period of 6 months.
Old 30th January 2016, 22:39   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
heard from my dealership in Bangalore that they still don't have a test drive vehicle and probably should come in another week.
There is only one 3.2 titanium allocated to them in Feb (wow), at this rate 3.2 titanium would already have a waiting period of 6 months.
Which dealer are you referring to?
Old 30th January 2016, 22:55   #709
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Congratulations . It's a permanent 4x4.
No buddy. It's not all time 4x4. There is infact option to engage 4x4 on normal roads with a switch just above the terrain management system knob. By default on regular roads it goes on 4x2.
Old 31st January 2016, 01:43   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
No buddy. It's not all time 4x4. There is infact option to engage 4x4 on normal roads with a switch just above the terrain management system knob. By default on regular roads it goes on 4x2.
Negative ! its full time all wheel drive

http://www.caradvice.com.au/392313/2...eview/?yt_desc
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 09:45   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Negative ! its full time all wheel drive

http://www.caradvice.com.au/392313/2...eview/?yt_desc
yes its full time 4x4, the terrain management control knob is default on 4x4, there is no option to switch to 4x2. when we say its full time 4x4, its really on demand (system detects slip and transfers power to the required wheels).
Old 31st January 2016, 10:12   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
I think the switch you are talking about is to engage 4x4 Low and not to switch from 4x2 to 4x4.
Old 31st January 2016, 11:21   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_rahul View Post
We just booked the 3.2 Titanium (still confused between Sunset Red and Panther black; suggestions welcome). Delivery 3.5 months
Hey, From which dealer did you book your's? Any luck with a test drive? I called up several dealers but none of them had a test drive car, And most of them without even a display vehicle!
Old 31st January 2016, 12:03   #714
Senior - BHPian

It is full time 4 x 4
http://www.caradvice.com.au/392313/2...-trend-review/

Before we get into that, it’s worth noting that the Everest comes equipped with a full-time four-wheel-drive system that uses an active transfer case and electronic locking rear differential to transfer torque to wheels with the most traction.

The active transfer case operates regardless of the TMS drive mode selected. So, if you tip the Everest into a bend and apply throttle, the system will actively seek to shuffle torque to the Bridgestone Dueler-shod wheels with most traction to aid cornering performance.

A low-range gearbox mode is selected at the push of a button, as is the manual electronic rear differential lock. These controls can be used independently of the hill descent control.
Aroy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 14:49   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Hey, From which dealer did you book your's? Any luck with a test drive? I called up several dealers but none of them had a test drive car, And most of them without even a display vehicle!
SC Ford, Goregaon West, opposite Infinti 2 mall.
No test drive yet. At least they had a display vehicle (Sunset Red), unlike all the other Mumbai dealers.
Old 31st January 2016, 17:18   #716
Senior - BHPian

Spent more than an hour today by calling all the ford showrooms here in Mumbai, Only to be disappointed everytime, Even calledup the showroom in Navi Mumbai, Only a few dealers have the vehicle for display, The one at navi mumbai has a white 4x2 Titanium Manual version.

Also upon further enquiry couple of dealers clearly told me they are not accepting bookings for the 3.2 Titanium 4x4 version, Since the delivery period for this model would be more than 6-8 months easily! 2.2 Titanium 4x2 version can be bought in 3-4 months though.

I had calledup all the dealers (I guess) from the ford India's website and none of them had a test drive vehicle! I don't understand what is ford upto, Specially when they are advertising about the car everywhere, They should atleast make sure people get to see the car in flesh in the showrooms! The showroom in chembur clearly said they won't be able to offer any test drives before March??

For now i have decided to wait and watch, I don't want to chase behind the dealers to get me a car, I prefer the other way around. I am not willing to pay 35 lakhs on a car without getting to see the exact same version in flesh as well as a test drive.
Old 31st January 2016, 17:48   #717
BHPian

Leave alone TD vehicle in Chennai, you do not even have a display vehicle. Went to MPL Ford Nandanam and got disappointed.

One information to prospective buyers in Chennai - vehicle can be expected by beginning of 2nd week of February.
Old 31st January 2016, 17:53   #718
Distinguished - BHPian

It appears Ford's pricing strategy is that of a "reverse loss leader". Generally, the loss leader strategy is used to artificially price a lower end variant very low, to pull customers into the showroom and make them consider the product since it appears to be unbelievable value. In the car business, the company can then easily regulate the loss by not producing enough volumes for the lowest variant, thereby forcing consumers to go for higher variants where the company makes money.

In the case of the Endeavor, it appears they have priced the highest variant artificially low, making it the loss leader. The features and equipment in that variant appears to be unbelievable value, drawing customers in. By restricting production and supply of this variant, it appears Ford is hoping customers will downgrade to lower variants, which are priced quite close to the highest variant, ensuring their sales are making profits for Ford.

This is a gamble, in the classic loss leader strategy, customers pay more, but get some extra features so they are likely to be happy with the end result and the company is happy because they make profit. In the latter case, customers want a fully loaded product and are prepared to pay for it, but are then expected to accept an inferior product with fewer features, for nearly the same amount of money. This can easily backfire since it can leave the customer unsatisfied and unhappy with the end result and very likely turn them away.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 31st January 2016 at 17:57.
84.monsoon is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 19:21   #719
BHPian

Hey guys!

Was at Metro Ford earlier today and they did have the 3.2 Titanium on the floor looking quite resplendent in red. The battery had discharged completely and none of the feel good 'powered features' were demonstrable at the time.

Have been promised a TD sometime next month and delivery in 6 months(if I do take the bait,that is)..the easily soiled beige inside needs a rethink and the anaemic looking wheels are a travesty.

Will update with what the TD reveals in a fortnight or so, although am making no moves till the all new Fortuna comes crusadin'
Old 31st January 2016, 20:26   #720
BHPian

Finally booked a 3.2 4x4 titanium ... now its a wait n watch ..now if ford delivers before the launch of fortuner.. good for them or they loose a customer i already have the new fiesta and am happy with the car. Trust ford for the sturdy cars they make.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks