Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2016, 11:19   #766
BANNED

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
This is frustrating for me, I had enjoyed driving it and was looking forward to owning my third Endy model. I guess I will wait for the new Fortuner & Pajero and then decide.
This is a good comparo, coming from an older owner of the same brand and vehicle.

Did you feel the turbo lag that has been mentioned by many reviewers on the 3.2?

How would you rate the gearbox compared to the one you have on your vehicle?

How is the visibility in the front compared to what you experience? How tall are you?

The new Pajero Sport is not due before 2017 for now, however, the new Fortuner should be launched late this year.
Old 7th February 2016, 15:01   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

Did you feel the turbo lag that has been mentioned by many reviewers on the 3.2?

How would you rate the gearbox compared to the one you have on your vehicle?

How is the visibility in the front compared to what you experience? How tall are you?
- I did not feel any turbo lag.

- It is definitely a step up from the current auto tranny. I did not encounter the sluggishness that others have felt.

- The seating height has been increased, so the visibility has improved as well, but the headroom has decreased. I am 5'10" and my son is 6'2".

As I mentioned on this thread before, this is a step up from the previous Gen in terms of the fit, finish & tech. We were all vowed by the automatic parallel parking feature - felt like magic!

I am unable to describe the feeling, but we all felt that somehow this car is less roomier than the previous Gen. This was a deal breaker for us. We probably just got used to sitting in our current Endy for the past 5 years!

I hope that the Team BHP's official review gets an old owner to do a comparison (like they have done for some other reviews), it would be interesting to know an experienced owner's perspective. Having driven 2 Endy's for a combined ~2Lac kms I can volunteer as well
indusboy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 15:18   #768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
The brochure mentions interior lighting package as standard on the 3.2 titanium variant as i can see it is available also as an accessory. Has any body checked out what that is ? are they just footwel lights or something like ambient lighting (eg. like the new innova ) I forgot to check that part when i went to see the vehicle.
I am too curious about it, Upon asking one of the dealers i had called, I got this reply, "Yes saar car mein aage headlights haii".
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 16:40   #769
BHPian

Quote:
The brochure mentions interior lighting package as standard on the 3.2 titanium variant as i can see it is available also as an accessory. Has any body checked out what that is ? are they just footwel lights or something like ambient lighting (eg. like the new innova ) I forgot to check that part when i went to see the vehicle.
I gather Toyota will probably decouple that interior lighting and sell it as an accessory - as they do with the current Fortuner - quite a shock for me, as my Dicor VX had this included - which also has lighting in the doors that assist in illuminating the road/ground when exiting the vehicle. (I think Tata has since tried to cut costs, and not sure if they still equip the Storme with such lighting)

I think I recall that the footwells were illuminated, but this could also have been due to the stage lighting during the presentation.

I will check this when I get a chance to do a TD. (Dealer is too far away from my location, and he can't drive the TD vehicle over as it is not registered.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I am too curious about it, Upon asking one of the dealers i had called, I got this reply, "Yes saar car mein aage headlights haii".
Old 7th February 2016, 17:36   #770
BHPian

The top end comes with ambient lighting with lights in foot well, door handles, etc. I couldn't get the exact feeling as it was day time during my TD.

May be the accessory is for lower variants.

Quote:
nrahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 18:25   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
I think the Pajero Sport would be the one to check out now...unfortunately.

Is Mitsubishi planning to bring it to India??
Yes most definitely, but only in 2017 though.
Old 7th February 2016, 20:29   #772
BHPian

There are items listed in the India version of the endeavor user guide like the Auxiliary power points (AC 230 V) on page 111. I did not see this in the show room vehicle (3.2L Titanium) version. Can someone please confirm?
Old 7th February 2016, 21:01   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
There are items listed in the India version of the endeavor user guide like the Auxiliary power points (AC 230 V) on page 111. I did not see this in the show room vehicle (3.2L Titanium) version. Can someone please confirm?
Not available on the Indian model but you can buy a car inverter for Rs 300 to Rs 1250 like the one below
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-carin1_1358680071.jpg  

Last edited by dockap : 7th February 2016 at 21:04.
dockap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 06:53   #774
Senior - BHPian

I checked out the all-new Endeavour in detail last Saturday, a 2.2-liter AT variant. My God, this was one massive SUV. It looks macho and sexy with the rear being the least impressive. This is "Built 'Ford' Tough", for sure! The doors are solid and heavy like many other Fords we know and the cabin puts the Toyota Fortuner, its main rival, to shame. The panoramic sunroof was awesome and the comfort level in the front seats were fabulous. The rear could have been better though. That said, I felt they are far better than the ones in the old Endeavour.

The dealer, Chennai Ford, claims to have 55 confirmed bookings already for the new Endeavour without even letting prospective customers test-drive the car. The sales advisor said they have started giving test-drives now and expect the bookings to go up.
Old 8th February 2016, 08:33   #775
BHPian

There is no sunroof on 2.2L, right? At least the specification says otherwise. Are you sure it was 2.2L?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
I checked out the all-new Endeavour in detail last Saturday, a 2.2-liter AT variant.... The panoramic sunroof was awesome
nrahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 19:13   #776
BHPian

Endeavour review, road test by Autocar

"In fact, in our performance test, the smaller motor impressed us with a sprint to 100kph in a scant 12.68sec. That’s really impressive for a vehicle that tips the scales at 2.2 tonnes. Even in-gear timings are impressive with 20-80kph taking just 7.76sec and 40-100kph achieved in 9.57 seconds. However, performance tails off past 140kph, after which it struggles to accelerate any further."

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-400129,4.aspx
Old 8th February 2016, 22:10   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrahul View Post
There is no sunroof on 2.2L, right? At least the specification says otherwise. Are you sure it was 2.2L?
There were two Endeavours parked there, a red and a white. One of them had the sunroof and I guess it should have been the 3.2-liter variant.
Old 9th February 2016, 13:19   #778
BHPian

Found a link to a video review which has a glimpse of the Ambient lighting which can be changed via the display.

Last edited by architkarpe : 9th February 2016 at 13:26. Reason: Video linked attached twice
architkarpe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 13:23   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Found a link to a video review which has a glimpse of the Ambient lighting which can be changed via the display.
Notice how he has to bend his neck to prevent hitting his head on the top sill/door frame...

(in addition, he is not that tall, also wearing those lug boots...)

Agree with him regarding the tachometer on the right, instead of left side, and that a physical one would be more beneficial.

I am also noticing that the sunroof is closed, but does not have a secondary opaque plate/curtain - as would other moonroofs? Any feedback on whether this was left open - or is this the standard situation?

Also, later in the video he is complaining about the headroom ("hair-room" ) in the second row!

Thanks for posting the video - the guy did a decent job, I think - given the "off-road" environment available to test!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 9th February 2016 at 13:50.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 13:45   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
I am also noticing that the sunroof is closed, but does not have a secondary opaque plate/curtain - as would other moonroofs? Any feedback on whether this was left open - or is this the standard situation?
I had the same question in mind. Is there not any opaque plate/curtain to prevent direct sun light? It would be very uncomfortable if it's not there
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks