Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2016, 09:36   #616
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Checked the 2.2 AT Trend in white colour today. The White color looks elegant.
Endeavour in white
Some more photos of the same vehicle side and front views.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-p_20160123_155836_p.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-p_20160123_155900_1_p.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-p_20160123_155912_1_p.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-p_20160123_155920_p.jpg  

dockap is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 10:41   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Madurai sales executive just informed me that only Trend models of both 2.2 and 3.2 are allocated for January and February. He says no Titanium models available as of now and insisting me to choose a Trend model.

I was the first to pre book an Endeavour in Madurai showroom as early as 7th this month. Booked a 3.2 AT Titanium Silver.

Anybody else facing the same problem?
The dealer simply wants you to choose from the models that they have already ordered (prior to your booking). They don't want any spare fortuners lying around in the dealership.
Just say that you are interested in buying only the model you want. Also check other nearby dealerships and you may be surprised. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Guys, it is HUD, or Heads Up Display that will reflect the navigation on the windshield. The ICE unit on the dash board has Navigation. Please do not get confused.
I don't understand it either. How can a Heads up display be a 3.5" "TOUCHSCREEN"? You do not ever touch an HUD unit. It is hidden over the far side of steering wheel, nor can you really see it clearly while sitting in the driver's seat. You simply see the reflection on the windscreen. May be the 3.5 HUD unit is simply linked to the regular touch screen 8" navigation unit.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid posting consecutively. Use the EDIT / QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of posting instead. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th January 2016 at 15:53. Reason: see note in post
pamiboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 11:45   #618
BANNED

Also, Another thing we need to notice is Ford has falsely stated they are providing Bi-xenon HID lamps with projector. When i have driven this vehicle in the night recently, i found out that the high beam is a halogen bulb fitted beside the projector, and only the low beam is xenon ( with projector). Their brochure says that HID Bi xenon, Since when did they started calling halogen a HID (high intensity display) :

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 24th January 2016 at 11:47.
ravelsnip@gmail is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 15:01   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar1998 View Post
Honestly, considering how lazy, unintuitive and sipping that 6 speed Auto is, I would always go with the manual. Perhaps Ford should've offered a Manual with the Titanium variant.
Completely agree ! I don't think one more variant will be a logistics burden for Ford (Ecosport is offered in 11 different variants ) Looks like Ford is desperately trying to push the auto box.
Old 24th January 2016, 16:34   #620
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Guys anyone considering the 3.2, please be aware that there are some reliability issues with the engine, not serious but issues none the less and they will amplify given the conditions we have in India. Do your research. The 2.2 on the other hand is fairly reliable but a little underpowered considering the size and weight of the car.
Could you please throw more light on this ? Are you referring to typical 5 cylinder engine issue which are known for 2nd order vibration or issue specific to 3.2L in Endy ? Hope it has nothing to do with the fire issue that was reported earlier due to faulty battery connector.

At this point I'm still confused with my 3.2L Titanium Endy booking;
>> I haven't had a test drive yet,
>> Lot of folks in this forum reported a sluggish gearbox,
>> Now this engine reliability part,
>> I can't digest the Power to Weight ratio of 2.2L Titanium

I have one more pain point on comfort to add (specific to me);
I'm 6'2.5", the seats are comfortable but the height in driver's seat feels a bit cramped to me in Titanium version with Sunroof. Hardly one finger width space left if the seat is adjusted in a way to keep most of the bonnet out of road view.

It looks like my search for 'that perfect SUV' may continue.
niruvrs9669 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 18:15   #621
BHPian

got some clarity around the SAT Nav accessory. GPS is already built in to every unit, we need to just purchase the software which dealer will load at the time of delivery (if one were to buy this). Not sure if it is MapMyIndia software or some other brand? Would it be possible for individuals to just load google maps?
Old 24th January 2016, 19:34   #622
BHPian

I've a 3.5 year old Fortuner 4x2 AT, just under 50,000kms and in great condition. Wondering whether to jump ship to Endeavour right away or wait till mid-year and see how the new Fortuner pans out, or just hold on to what I got for couple more years. Anyone else in similar situation, care to share your thoughts?
Old 24th January 2016, 19:39   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Looks they have some issues already on deliveries of 3,2 top end model . Dealership is non-committal on deliveries before 3-4 month , this despite that mine was 3rd advance booking in December , I escalated complaint with FORD yesterday and was given a mail promptly with a reference number , sometime back a lady called from FORD Chennai informing delay in allocations of this variant and they don't have a confirmed delivery date yet - looks they have messed up on supply front :Frustrate
Spoke to the Ford India representative (was purported to be MD, but I cannot corroborate this with Ford India's online info pages) at the Endeavour launch last night in Navi Mumbai last night at Wonder/s? Park .

He admitted that the "production line" was not ready and they had not yet begun production.

However, he stated that as these were CKD's (well, I put that word out there), they were simply assembling them in Chennai.

If this was the fact, then why would they not have a black interior available? He plainly stated that they were not offering it, period.

Big fail.

See a photograph of the brand-new vehicle's (light) beige leather driver's seat. This is precisely why one should not get a beige interior. Fail to understand why people want this. I think the MD stated that people think it is more "spacious". Hmm...

Edited to Add: Just saw this story here - at least Honda gets the picture!: http://www.team-bhp.com/news/honda-city-gets-standard-dual-airbags-black-interior-variant Even Audi offers the dark walnut in the Q7 - as per a representative who happened to cold call me yesterday and woke me up early today!

Also managed to sit in the driver's seat and although you sit lower to the road than in the Fortuner, the (limited/obstructed) view due to the bonnet is evident. The dealer rep (shorter gentleman) said that he had driven the car and could easily gauge the distance in front of the vehicle.

Main problem (for tall drivers) is the roofline is very low. Sat in the 4x2 without moon/sunroof and found that there was only about 1.25 cms of clearance above my head with the seat in mid-height position. You have to lower the seat down even more for head clearance, thus resulting in a more obstructed view of the road - almost the same as the Fortuner.

Was thinking of putting down a deposit, but based on the comments of the Ford India representative, I think it would have been pretty ridiculous. Apparently only 1-2 people put down a deposit at the event.

One guy was quite vociferous when being interviewed by the presenter (a model) about the fact that cars were not ready for delivery and the wait time was so long. (Said to be 3-4 months)

I would need to test drive both 4x4 versions of the car as well as see how it handles on the road.

Bhavna Ford rep stated they would have TD vehicles in about 9 days. This is to be seen, I gather...

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruvrs9669 View Post
I have one more pain point on comfort to add (specific to me);
I'm 6'2.5", the seats are comfortable but the height in driver's seat feels a bit cramped to me in Titanium version with Sunroof. Hardly one finger width space left if the seat is adjusted in a way to keep most of the bonnet out of road view.

It looks like my search for 'that perfect SUV' may continue.
This is also what I noted - while authoring my above post in the early afternoon today, which I did not post yet, so you have the same problem I do as well!

Cannot believe that the Australians designed this car when they are one of the tallest populations in the world - and hardly any headroom for drivers??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadFiend View Post
I've a 3.5 year old Fortuner 4x2 AT, just under 50,000kms and in great condition. Wondering whether to jump ship to Endeavour right away or wait till mid-year and see how the new Fortuner pans out, or just hold on to what I got for couple more years. Anyone else in similar situation, care to share your thoughts?
I would wait - I am doing the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
got some clarity around the SAT Nav accessory. GPS is already built in to every unit, we need to just purchase the software which dealer will load at the time of delivery (if one were to buy this). Not sure if it is MapMyIndia software or some other brand? Would it be possible for individuals to just load google maps?
The software that could be run would be determined by the unit's operating system.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 24th January 2016 at 19:53. Reason: Multi-quoting as still time allowed...Added info also.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 19:45   #624
BHPian

Sorry, did not upload the image of the (now) dirty/ied beige leather driver's seat of the 4x2 Titanium Auto - posting it now.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-newendeavourdriversseatatnavimumbailaunch23jan2016.jpg  

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 24th January 2016 at 19:47.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 20:00   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Some more photos of the same vehicle side and front views.
Is it only me or the car in white colour looks a bit a smaller? Or is it the angle of the pictures? Saw the car in sunset red in pictures as well as personally and surely does look very imposing.
Old 24th January 2016, 20:05   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Sorry, did not upload the image of the (now) dirty/ied beige leather driver's seat of the 4x2 Titanium Auto - posting it now.
Thanks for sharing.
This is the exact reason I do not want beige interior.

I hope Ford learns from Honda,Toyota and several other brands and decides to provide us with full black interiors

Last edited by ecosport rules : 24th January 2016 at 20:06.
Old 24th January 2016, 21:00   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Is it only me or the car in white colour looks a bit a smaller? Or is it the angle of the pictures? Saw the car in sunset red in pictures as well as personally and surely does look very imposing.
True usually white colour makes cars look much bigger but in this case the red looks bigger
I have an XUV and the interior space is so much more in the XUV as is the headroom. Value for money nothing can beat an XUV 500 W10 AWD AT at 22 lakhs with 5 year extended warranty. MY XUV is almost 4 years old now and wife said she is bored of looking at it and getting another XUV for another 5 years was strict no no from her. I have booked a 3.2 titanium 4x4 AT without a test drive. I pray that the autobox is not as bad as some people mentioned and there is always the option of switching to manual mode whenever you it.
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 21:40   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
True usually white colour makes cars look much bigger but in this case the red looks bigger
I have an XUV and the interior space is so much more in the XUV as is the headroom. Value for money nothing can beat an XUV 500 W10 AWD AT at 22 lakhs with 5 year extended warranty. MY XUV is almost 4 years old now and wife said she is bored of looking at it and getting another XUV for another 5 years was strict no no from her. I have booked a 3.2 titanium 4x4 AT without a test drive. I pray that the autobox is not as bad as some people mentioned and there is always the option of switching to manual mode whenever you it.
Seriously, Nothing can beat the Value for money factor that the XUV 500 has, I too own a W10 AWD (My second XUV) And i am too planning to get the Endy titanium 4x4 3.2 soon! The Autobox according to all the reviews out isn't very bad, But isn't DSG either! The problem is that almost everyone instantly compares the autobox with the DSG, Even though i am a manual guy, I have driven lot of Auto car's and in the end its just a matter of getting used to.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 22:21   #629
BHPian

Well I was seriously looking forward for the new Endeavour. Wanted to buy a SUV only as my XUV has spoilt me in the last 4 years. But due to budget constraints ended up buying a pre-worshiped 320d. Must say... Just loving every moment of it and not regretting it at all.
Joyb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 22:56   #630
Team-BHP Support

2015 Ford Endeavour : Official Preview

Fabulous pricing by Ford. Called the dealer today and I'm told top of line 4x4 AT is about 35L on road in Bbay. The 4x2 AT is about 32 L on road bbay.

That's about the same price range as the CURRENT T Fort. I wonder whether this would put an interesting dynamic to Toyota when considering the all new Innova AT price. On the one hand is a competitively priced XUV AT. On the other hand a competitively priced and VERY capable Ford Endeavour.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks