Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2016, 15:39   #691
BHPian

Re: ACM Thoughts - Diverse points

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Am considering the new Endeavour but am right now on the fence. Reasons:
[*]Big on the Inside (Endy - Partly Fails) - I tried to sit in the middle row bench of the 3.2 AT Titanium (which has a sunroof). I am 6ft tall and my head touches the roof-liner. Then I next tried the Drivers seat. Again the head touches the roof-liner. Yes it is possible to reduce the height of the seat and get into a less erect position but the position I like to sit in is high and erect.
Not only the head room, I thought overall the big-on-the-inside feeling is gone as compared to my existing Endeavour. Seriously thinking of cancelling my booking, while I wait to see what the Fortuner has to offer.
indusboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 15:43   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Additionally the New Fortuner for most likely similar money as the Endy would also give better resale and is likely to be much improved and hence similar in ride and drive as the Endy also it just may come sooner than later. Then again it too will have a 6 month lead time. No clear solution nor winner.
Fortuner will let you down on ride as well as seat comfort. The present Fortuner has a very stiff ride quality and it seems the new Fortuner too hasn't improved much. Most reviews state that the 2016 Endeavour easily beats 2016 Fortuner in ride comfort and handling too, not to mention the very little under thigh support in Toyota
Harshavarthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 16:31   #693
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post

On the contrary, it is also possible that Ford hands over the advantage to Toyota by not making enough volumes available or if the feedback on the Engines is poor. That would let Toyota milk the current model a tad longer and then launch the new one later at a much higher price point.
In my view Ford is a master at handing over the advantage. Rewinding to the Ecosport, if it were Maruti selling the Ecosport, I think they would have coolly moved 10-15k units per month. Such was the demand.

Just last week Ford dealer here managed to push my friend who is a Ford loyalist into booking the GT TSI over the Figo due to the dealers attitude and inability to give and meet a clear time frame.

Now with the Endeavour, they are doing the same mistake. They have a well received product and instead of driving home the advantage over the fortuner by ensuring quick deliveries, they are managing to turn away customers.

Weird Strategies.
Rajeevraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 16:57   #694
Distinguished - BHPian

Just got an update from the Chennai dealer. There were only 4 top end 3.2 4x4 AT Titanium variants in the Feb allocation they got, three white and one red. At this rate, it could be months before my turn comes. I have booked the red one and am 35th on the list and 22nd on the list for the color/variant combination!

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 29th January 2016 at 16:58.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 18:20   #695
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There were only 4 top end 3.2 4x4 AT Titanium variants in the Feb allocation they got
Don't take these numbers on face value , most of new launches specially higher models will go to dealership owners circle first , local politicians and any/everyone who can influence , FORD should have done some kind of online booking to maintain queue but who knows FORD is rationing such premium dispatches based on their off take of lower selling models.
Old 29th January 2016, 18:35   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Most reviews state that the 2016 Endeavour easily beats 2016 Fortuner in ride comfort and handling too, not to mention the very little under thigh support in Toyota
For people who are waiting to see how the new Fortuner compares to the new Endeavour, here is a comparison:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/397550/f...de-comparison/

This compares the Trend and NOT the top end Titanium to the top end Fortuner variant.
indusboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 18:50   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Just last week Ford dealer here managed to push my friend who is a Ford loyalist into booking the GT TSI over the Figo due to the dealers attitude and inability to give and meet a clear time frame.
Weird Strategies.
The same happened with one of my friend. He booked a Figo AT with one of the dealership in Kerala and cancelled it as they couldn't deliver it as promised. He bought a Polo GT TSI finally.

Even after cancelling the booking he got a call from Ford CC for the feedback about the purchase. Ford executive wasn't even sure about the vehicle model for the feedback call

One or the other way Ford will let you down, even if you desperately wanted to buy one.
Old 29th January 2016, 20:06   #698
BHPian

I agree on the ability of Ford to lose steam quickly and their lousy dealerships. Fiesta 1.6S (my current car) is a great example. A great driver's car but pathetic marketing let it down. Dealers had no clue what was special about it. I remember them discouraging Aquarius blue saying it was difficult to maintain.

Till date it is one of the colors where scratches are not visible easily.

But if Endy drives better, I may still go through the pain.
ssriram75 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 23:33   #699
BHPian

Quote:

I am looking at a 155 Bhp 2.2Ltr engine vehicle that is fully loaded then the Hexa at likely sub 20L fully loaded top variant OTR seems to be a better option. Plus I would fit in better and also entry and exit for my parents would be more reasonable. Besides it now does look cool.
Hi ACM,

Any vague idea of when Tata is going to launch HEXA?. I was hoping that after Zica, it would be next in line but I don't know why TATA is delaying the launch of their hatch. I know that they are taking in market responses and trying to give the best product possible but indirectly it is delaying the launch of HEXA. I am contemplating my purchase between XUV500 & HEXA.
Old 30th January 2016, 00:49   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
For people who are waiting to see how the new Fortuner compares to the new Endeavour, here is a comparison:
http://www.caradvice.com.au/397550/f...de-comparison/
This compares the Trend and NOT the top end Titanium to the top end Fortuner variant.
Thanks.
That was an awesome in depth comparison. It seems that even the refreshed fortuner will look completely outdated when compared to the endeavor. There are some areas which are better in the Toyota such as leather seats and general ambience, but the endeavor seems to have solid build quality, excellent drive train / suspension and contemporary interior packaging. Those sideways flipping 3rd row seats seats in the Fortuner look so 90's man.
But the Toyota will sell better in India due to it's "value for money" perception which is all that matters to an average Indian.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the long run.

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th January 2016 at 01:47. Reason: Removed extra space from quoted post to make it compact as it a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers.
Old 30th January 2016, 01:14   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Don't take these numbers on face value , most of new launches specially higher models will go to dealership owners circle first , local politicians and any/everyone who can influence
Exactly my thoughts and that too with the impending election in TN, I am damn sure that most of the top end models would have been already booked by the local politicians, but one good thing coming out of this - we can atleast see some Endys rather than the boring T-Forts .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
Thanks.
But the Toyota will sell better in India due to it's "value for money" perception which is all that matters to an average Indian.
True that - Toyota is to bigger segment as what Maruti is to entry level segment. A boring old generation Toyota will any day have a better re-sale value than a butch modern looking Ford.
Old 30th January 2016, 02:48   #702
Senior - BHPian

Err.. No, top speed has nothing to do with overtaking.

Tractability of the engine does and that is a function of torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashroy_6 View Post
Secondly, the top speed of any vehicle also helps in overtaking specially in highways.
Old 30th January 2016, 12:34   #703
BHPian

Thanks for the detailed Review.
As an upgrade from my Storme a year or two down the line, I am sold on the butch looks of the new Endy compared to the more curvy T-Fort and Pajero Sport that are around the corner.The Endy is definitely a tough looking SUV.
With their dwindling market presence, HM Mitsubishi are making it difficult for the hardcore Pajero fan in me, a shot at owning the Pajero Sport. It's rear always seems to be unorchestrated with the rest of the vehicle and the new one's rear looks to lean more towards a large family car like the Aria.

Even with a seemingly well spread offering, Ford is forcing our hand to prioritise our requirements with the current variant lineup:
1.4x4 2.Transmission 3.Engine Displacement 4.Features(esp Sunroof)

If you are looking for a 4x4 only, then you have 3 choices.If you are looking for a 4x4 and manual, then you have to accept the smaller engine and live with the lesser features of Trend.
Depending on how you reorder your priorities (assuming budget is sorted) the line up actually leaves you with little choice.May be a 2.2 4x4 MT Titanium and a 3.2 4x4 MT Titanium would have filled the gap? Or maybe that's just asking too much.

The Storme has spoilt me on cabin space.After having shifted my household in my Storme, twice across states along the Golden Quad, I can safely declare nothing else comes close in sheer real estate.Period. With a year or so time in my hands for the upgrade, it will be interesting to watch this segment closely after T fort comes into the ring and how Endy treats its first year buyers.
Old 30th January 2016, 16:41   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
The Storme has spoilt me on cabin space.After having shifted my household in my Storme, twice across states along the Golden Quad, I can safely declare nothing else comes close in sheer real estate.Period.
When I get back into my Safari Dicor VX 4x4 (one of the earliest models, which has longer footspace for the driver), I really cannot see why I would switch, due to the roominess and comfort of the Safari's ride as compared to all the others.

In fact, the new Storme's ride seemed to be too car-like, and the driver's seat did not have enough support - otherwise I would be driving one now.

Waiting for the Endeavour's TD to see if I can actually fit inside...
Old 30th January 2016, 18:51   #705
BHPian

We just booked the 3.2 Titanium (still confused between Sunset Red and Panther black; suggestions welcome). Delivery 3.5 months
Could someone please tell me whether the normal driving mode is 4x2 which switches to 4x4 on snow, sand and rock modes? Or is the car a permanent 4x4 drive?
crazy_rahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks