Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2016, 19:50   #796
Senior - BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

I am a bit amused with this TD reports from two different segment of people, the experts and the users - Not just from India, But also from places where the Endeavour/ Everest sells.

Every TD reports from the Magazines, Auto portals and YouTube channels gives a very decent impression, and the reviews are supposed to be from the industry/TD experts.

On a contrary, most of the user review the from team-bhp.com community differs, if not so much, to an extent.

Keeping the sales nightmares aside, The major complaints are about the Auto-box let down, less cabin space, driver side head space and the last row comforts.

Didn't the experts miss to notice the user perspectives and make just sales promotions?

I welcome thoughts from others.
agbenny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 20:01   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post

Finally ford will loose the game if 3.2 titanium will not be delivered on time.As per my opinion people will not wait for this long for 3.2 titanium and might end up buying 2.2s
As mentioned in a previous thread on this form that might be the idea of ford to price the higher variant lesser and pull crowd into the showrooms and end up selling the versions with higher profit margins
Old 10th February 2016, 21:52   #798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I am a bit amused with this TD reports from two different segment of people, the experts and the users - Not just from India, But also from places where the Endeavour/ Everest sells.

Every TD reports from the Magazines, Auto portals and YouTube channels gives a very decent impression, and the reviews are supposed to be from the industry/TD experts.

On a contrary, most of the user review the from team-bhp.com community differs, if not so much, to an extent.

Keeping the sales nightmares aside, The major complaints are about the Auto-box let down, less cabin space, driver side head space and the last row comforts.

Didn't the experts miss to notice the user perspectives and make just sales promotions?

I welcome thoughts from others.
You are spot on! I didn't see many of them complaining so much about lack of headroom. Yes, headroom is not great but not a deal breaker. Also most of them here who have driven the beast have come mighty impressed.
Auto Box is definitely not a fast shifter, but come on this one weighs over 2 tonnes, not meant meant to shift gear in millisecond to hit 0-100 under 8 seconds, all i expect it to shift smooth,butter smooth. Yes Endeavour does have negatives like access to third row, space inside compared to footprint and headroom as I mentioned earlier but definitely not a deal breaker for many.Also many are missing the advantage, splendid ride quality, 3rd row legroom which is the best in segment and so is boot space with 3rd row up.

If you are in market today for a ladder on frame SUV in the range of 30-40lacs , you can buy Endeavour with your eyes shut. Rexton, Fortuner and Pajero Sports are too old be it in terms of safety, technology or features. Of course Fortuner is highly reliable but so was previous gen Endeavour.
Now coming to waiting period, well 4-5 months is definitely not acceptable but what about Fortuner?, until very recent it had 5-6 months waiting period despite being in market for 5+ years. I am not defending Ford, but a successful model shall command waiting period be it Kwid or Creta and Endeavour is no exception.
PrideRed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 22:28   #799
BHPian

I believe, most people buying an offroader like endeavour will not be bothered much about 0 - 60 acceleration and instead look for it's effortless cruising ability at 100 to 120km/h with utmost comfort. Endeavour scores very well in this compared to it's competitors.

Secondly I have read that it's gearbox learns from your driving style and then adapts accordingly. A review from Thailand mentioned that it takes more than 30 min to learn your driving style. This video also states the same. So let us not come to a conclusion very early.
Harshavarthan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 04:58   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The difference is this is a proper ladder frame off road SUV, most of the action is below where you sit, with all that complex off road equipment. This means the floor is very high. Ford cannot make the roof disproportionately high like a Tata Safari, considering aesthetics, stability and drag. So, in the end the headroom is compromised, which is the right compromise, considering this is an off-road-performance vehicle first, stable highway cruiser with decent looks second and a creature-comfort-oriented vehicle third and last!

Pity is in India, the typical buyer will prioritize in reverse.
Hmm, maybe we would like comfort and space - like one would expect in US vehicles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
As mentioned in a previous thread on this form that might be the idea of ford to price the higher variant lesser and pull crowd into the showrooms and end up selling the versions with higher profit margins
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
Finally ford will loose the game if 3.2 titanium will not be delivered on time.As per my opinion people will not wait for this long for 3.2 titanium and might end up buying 2.2s
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I am wondering how the dealers in other parts of the country are estimating such long periods for deliveries of the 3.2 Titanium. I just got off the phone with the dealer in Shillong. I have been committed a delivery of March 2nd-4th week if booked today. This they're willing to commit in writing too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anvara View Post
And by the way, estimated waiting period for a 4 x 4 MT is 6 months.

Wonder what the guys at Ford were thinking.
I have just heard that the "planners" for this launch messed up big-time by anticipating everyone would be buying the Trend versions - which is why Ford is ready with those kits to produce Trends - and not Titaniums!

Why was everyone trying to keep this launch a secret - where even the dealers were not even given any information until a few weeks before the launch??

Were customers even targeted for a sampling of what version they would buy?

I doubt it...

They just decided this would be the way they would do it, and they messed-up big-time, giving Toyota more time to milk the older Fortuner here in India!

(Fortuner launch was going to be moved up to June/July 2016 from 2017, but after this fiasco, apparently Toyota is sitting pretty and delaying back to the original planned launch date. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Or the buyer wants all the three!
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
The Indian market is a leveler, and the typical buyer in India is very discerning and intelligent. If at all, it's us "enthusiasts" on TBHP that make foolish "buyers".
Old 11th February 2016, 11:23   #801
BHPian

I have not looked at the vehicle yet but I feel the aerodynamics and drag coefficient could be the reason for the "lower" headroom with respect to its overall size. Higher headroom would have increased the overall height and in turn increased the drag.

Last edited by ssriram75 : 11th February 2016 at 11:25.
Old 11th February 2016, 13:23   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
May be out of topic, but I'd request a suggestion whether to go for the CLA or the C class. Difference in pricing is 5 Lakhs after discounts. Is it worth it considering the minor changes in features?
May be you can have a look at the New BMW X1, but its a front wheel drive vehicle now.
Old 11th February 2016, 18:27   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Maybe the MT variant will have better pick-up as the engine will be able to rev much higher when needed.

Ford is well aware of the scarcity of 3.2 CKD kits from Thailand but still limiting 2.2 MT to Trend variant. If they are expecting more sales on 2.2 variants, there must be enough choice for customers. Not sure why Ford is expecting the customer to pay 33L ( 2.2 AT Titanium OTR BLR) for a lazy gearbox.

http://www.ibtimes.com/ford-shut-jap...bility-2278408

"Ford Motor Company will wind up its operations in Japan and Indonesia by the end of this year" - But they launched Endeavour in Indonesia way before India. Sounds like the decision to wind up operations was made overnight
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 18:36   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post

Ford is well aware of the scarcity of 3.2 CKD kits from Thailand but still limiting 2.2 MT to Trend variant. If they are expecting more sales on 2.2 variants, there must be enough choice for customers. Not sure why Ford is expecting the customer to pay 33L ( 2.2 AT Titanium OTR BLR) for a lazy gearbox.

http://www.ibtimes.com/ford-shut-jap...bility-2278408

"Ford Motor Company will wind up its operations in Japan and Indonesia by the end of this year" - But they launched Endeavour in Indonesia way before India. Sounds like the decision to wind up operations was made overnight
Hmm, should *we* be worried??
Old 11th February 2016, 18:38   #805
BHPian

How To: Fill The Ford Everest AdBlue® Exhaust Fluid

Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-ford.jpg  

LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 18:45   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Wow - another subject of discussion!

Does the Indian version have this - and are the dealers aware and have the fluid in stock??

Researched now (per Google):

"AdBlue is a high quality urea solution that is easy to use. AdBlue is the registered trademark for AUS32, or Aqueous Urea Solution 32.5% that is used with the Selective Catalytic Reduction system (SCR) to reduce emissions of oxides of nitrogen from the exhaust of UK diesel vehicles."

NOx reduction...also see VW's info:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/diesel/adblue

I think my Safari could possibly benefit from this!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 11th February 2016 at 18:48.
Old 11th February 2016, 19:08   #807
BHPian

As Ford dealers are not able to commit on any time line for 3.2 Titanium delivery, I am seriously considering the new X1. I agree it's not in the same league but hey the cost are comparable and the pull for the badge is irresistible.

Quote:
May be you can have a look at the New BMW X1, but its a front wheel drive vehicle now.
nrahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 20:07   #808
BHPian

Attended the Launch event held at JW Marriot Pune. No comments on delivery schedules Just the same old ans which everybody else on the forum received 2 - 3 months for the titanium 3.2.

Last edited by architkarpe : 11th February 2016 at 20:10. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 13th February 2016, 15:52   #809
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Coming back impressed after yet another 3.2L Titanium test drive from Elite Ford, Marathahalli, B'lore. Took it over some unpaved stretches to get a feel of the suspension, I'm sold on it big time.

Fingers crossed on early March delivery .
Old 13th February 2016, 17:16   #810
BHPian

Quote:
I checked this out yesterday. The Indian model does not have the feature. Maybe we can add an extra fuel tank there
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-p_20160212_155636_1_p.jpg  

Last edited by dockap : 13th February 2016 at 17:17.
dockap is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks