Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2006, 00:50   #241
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai CRDi's are reliable, and have been tested over time. There haven't been any serious glitches with Accent CRDi's, Elantras and Tucsons now, have there?

The Verna is trustworthy as well, I'm sure. Just wish Hyundai would've delivered the knockout punch by speccing the VGT as the XXi.

P.S- Just got to know from reliable sources that the Verna VGT was supposed to have airbags and climate control as well, but Hyundai dropped them deliberately 3 weeks prior to launch. Reason-unknown.
Old 5th October 2006, 00:54   #242
Senior - BHPian

Have seen some issues with accent crdi engine (may be coz its 3 pot) and it costs 50-70K to fix up. It is related to something damaging in the engine. Never heared any problem in Elentra. Its very quiet car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
Hyundai CRDi's are reliable, and have been tested over time. There haven't been any serious glitches with Accent CRDi's, Elantras and Tucsons now, have there?
May be they are thinking of launching a high end model at high prices later on in 2007 after fiesta 1.6 tdci launch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
P.S- Just got to know from reliable sources that the Verna VGT was supposed to have airbags and climate control as well, but Hyundai dropped them deliberately 3 weeks prior to launch. Reason-unknown.
Old 5th October 2006, 06:35   #243
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG
As a petrolhead myself, its nice to eagerly await a new car in the market. But, should Team-BHP be worried about inadvertent marketing of new cars(car companies) especially since they wouldn't yet be properly owner-tested over a sensible duration?
True theMAG !

Team-BHP is a Web 2.0 bulletin-board community, in some ways, like Ryze, Orkut and Xing (the erstwhile OpenBC). It neither pays authors for posting nor charges the public for reading). An important difference is that the information being shared and retrieved is car focused. Hobbyists and car-aficionados collaboratively generate and categorize car-related content, which info is shared online like never before.

The authors of the system are mostly its main users (and sometimes originators) of the content. Moderators tag, classify and focus the the body of member-researched and member-authored information, making it easier to search, discover, and navigate over time.

Like the Open Source Movement which creates and maintains Linux, Apache, MySQL, Python and PHP, its value comes from free contributions from car-hobbyists.

Commercial interests wishing to debut new car products should not therefore, exploit it as a free focused newspaper to influence public opinion, under the guise of hobbyist evaluation.

Ram
Old 5th October 2006, 21:33   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram

Commercial interests wishing to debut new car products should not therefore, exploit it as a free focused newspaper to influence public opinion, under the guise of hobbyist evaluation.

Ram
My concerns, precisely! Car Manufacturers - remember that Team-BHP is above all this and is strictly off-limits to you !
Old 6th October 2006, 00:56   #245
BANNED

The Petrol one wont be better than a NHC! It will still give the NHC a run for it's money. And I can see Aveo sinking and Fiesta pushing hard.

Imagine what?? I've made a booking of the diesel Verna. This will be the first Hyundai to be brought into my home. And how I hate it!!!! But still coudn't resist.
Old 6th October 2006, 10:14   #246
BHPian

@speedzak...congrats buddy...please let us know ur comments and dont forget......post some pics too
Old 6th October 2006, 10:20   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Imagine what?? I've made a booking of the diesel Verna. This will be the first Hyundai to be brought into my home. And how I hate it!!!! But still coudn't resist.
I think over the years, our perception about a brand/product changes even without our knowing it - based on feedback from friends, media etc. I would still not buy a Hyundai, but atleast my feeling about it has changed from "it is crap" to "it is not that bad".
Old 6th October 2006, 10:22   #248
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Wow, That common-rail must really be something to make a self-confessed Hyundai hater into a believer!
Old 6th October 2006, 10:26   #249
BHPian

Quote:
The Petrol one wont be better than a NHC! It will still give the NHC a run for it's money. And I can see Aveo sinking and Fiesta pushing hard.

Congrats!!!! speedzak, you've made a very wise decision. I'm proud of you now. Please do post the experiences.
Old 6th October 2006, 12:51   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I take it that was Mr. Yahya's decision and NOT Mr. Zachariah's......
Old 6th October 2006, 15:43   #251

My vote definately for Verna compared to Fiesta. I think Verna Diesel will leave Honda V- Tech behind. 108 BHP is a lot of power.
Old 6th October 2006, 16:27   #252
Senior - BHPian

I really want to test drive the petrol and diesel Verna's. Both engines sound fantastic on paper. But the diesel sounds really tempting with the 110bhp and the 'tsunami torque' . Ford has to get the 1.6 Tdci unit ASAP. I would love to see the Verna crdi give a tough fight to the boring NHC but then the NHC has the H badge and that changes everything in India. The good thing about the Verna's crdi is that it's ready, power and performance wise, to take on future tdci's and multi-jets.
Old 6th October 2006, 20:53   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
I really want to test drive the petrol and diesel Verna's. Both engines s..... to take on future tdci's and multi-jets.
But Hyundai has an 'H' too. It is a bit slanted to the right however. Maybe they wanted to copy Honda there too. LOL

On a serious note though, this is the first time I am excited by a Hyundai car. Have always seen them as reliable and sound though a bit too boring. The Verna changes that. If only the name was different.
Old 6th October 2006, 21:19   #254
Senior - BHPian

Boys always about who got the bigger engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
\But the diesel sounds really tempting with the 110bhp and the 'tsunami torque' . Ford has to get the 1.6 Tdci unit ASAP.
Old 6th October 2006, 21:22   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
Boys always about who got the bigger engine.
Actually it is the power. But point taken.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks