Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2017, 15:42   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
AFAIK, Celerio or Baleno(which i own) comes with only ABS coupled with EBD (Electronic BrakeForce Distribution). These cars didn't consist of Brake Assist which i feel is one of the most important and equally important safety feature. Basically it does what have been quoted by you, due to lack of BAS, i have into trouble twice(though the Ride was different) because due to the urgency i wanted greater brake power within very short duration of time and that's where BAS comes in handy. Seriously disappointed that BAS is not included, from Wagor R to S-Cross in any of their offering.
You can refer to the owners manual of the Baleno. Brake assist is indeed present for the variants with ABS. Not sure which variant gets it and which doesnt. At least in my Celerio BAS is there. A rapid press of the brake pedal makes it super soft and sinks all the way in compared to a gradual press, where the pedal feels a little harder.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 14:19   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
You can refer to the owners manual of the Baleno. Brake assist is indeed present for the variants with ABS. Not sure which variant gets it and which doesnt. At least in my Celerio BAS is there. A rapid press of the brake pedal makes it super soft and sinks all the way in compared to a gradual press, where the pedal feels a little harder.
I have sent an email query to Maruti-Suzuki to check what is their official take on it. Will post back here once I hear from them.

Given that most companies try to show-off as many features as possible from a marketing angle I am a bit surprised here as to why Maruti is missing the opportunity to advertise these features on their brochure
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 14:36   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I have sent an email query to Maruti-Suzuki to check what is their official take on it. Will post back here once I hear from them.
Having dealt enough with the folks at MS, the people who will reply to your email will mostly follow the books they have been given, might be the brochures or some marketing data only. Then you will get a standard reply saying 'We at Maruti-Suzuki care utmost for the safety of the customer and the car is equipped with next-gen ABS to ensure composed braking in those unavoidable emergencies you might face on the road'. If at all they do confirm, then its good. But if they just do Ctrl + F on EBD in their documents and dont find stuff, they will just tell a no.

For a much concrete info, you should try to get the specs of the ABS control module or speak to a technical person from MSIL. Only then can such doubts be answered.
Old 2nd February 2017, 18:17   #64
Senior - BHPian

On a different topic, I have almost finalized on going with the Celerio ZXI AMT(O). Had some questions:

1. Thanks for your tip about the Basic Acc. Kit. I will try to get it excluded.
2. I see a price tag of 7282 for Extended Warranty. What is the default warranty on the car? Did you go with the Extended Warranty? Can we go for the Extended warranty later on as well?
3. I see another item listed as "AUTO CARD" and rate put in is 460, any idea what that is?

I am thinking of removing the Basic Acc. Kit as well as the Extended Warranty and going with a Reverse Camera as an addl. accessory. As of today the dealers seem to be offering a 20K cash discount.
Old 2nd February 2017, 20:18   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday, after repeated pursuance by the service center, I offered to let them replace the silencer O ring though I was pushing them to do it over the weekend. They were literally pleading to fix the car as soon as possible, maybe due to the issue being tracked by the higher ups and the number of days taken to resolve taken to consideration. Since I wanted the car for the weekdays to drive to office, I had initially refused. However, they did not seem to budge and rather offered me a loaner vehicle, and I couldnt give any more excuses.

The car was picked up in the morning and I was given a loaner A-Star which was an earlier TD car. Needless to say, at 52k kms, it did not show any signs of confidence, due to various noises and vibrations coming from where not. Nevertheless, knowing this, I had earlier decided to work from home and the car was only used to pick up some stuff from nearby places.

They had readied the car by evening along with two long test drives. Since I had left the dashcam running in the car, I could see what all was done, and the road test they did was well driven both the times. They only realised that the camera would record stuff in the evening but there was nothing controversial, apart from the fact that all the guys in the service center took a look at the DRLs and Fog lights I had installed and had a round of brain storming discussing whether it was HID or LED and so on

I picked up the car myself after bidding a goodbye to the A-Star(relieved me of some tension) and everyone were on their toes. This is the part of Maruti After Sales that has been consistent throughout the years. One escalation and everyone will lose their sleep. This whole case was attended by the supervisors of all the SAs and I explained to him how the SAs should be technically competent rather than just write fancy add-ons on the job cards. Everything was done swift and clean and they requested me to give a 10/10 which I finally did Earlier I had given them a 7/10 which is actually a big deal.

The noise is gone now, which is another happy note and the O ring costed around 350 which was covered under warranty. Currently the car is at 6500 kms around 1200kms with the new clutch.

Quote:

1. Thanks for your tip about the Basic Acc. Kit. I will try to get it excluded.
2. I see a price tag of 7282 for Extended Warranty. What is the default warranty on the car? Did you go with the Extended Warranty? Can we go for the Extended warranty later on as well?
3. I see another item listed as "AUTO CARD" and rate put in is 460, any idea what that is?

Do go for the extended warranty. At least the transmission is something whose longevity we are not sure of. Though things are quite simple and straightforward, that 7k you spend on EW might turn out to be more useful than a reverse camera. Afterall, I dont find the need of a camera since the all round view is pretty good in the car. But however that is personal preference, since none of the cars in our home have ever had any reversing aid till now. Auto card is just a loyalty card they offer whose use I dont find much unless you have multiple Marutis at home and service them frequently. It can be given a pass.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 18:13   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant

Some pictures of the car on the way to my native:

My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant-imageuploadedbyteambhp1486471126.491361.jpg

My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant-imageuploadedbyteambhp1486471159.116787.jpg

My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant-imageuploadedbyteambhp1486471227.690846.jpg

My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant-imageuploadedbyteambhp1486471251.942701.jpg

My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant-imageuploadedbyteambhp1486471282.528768.jpg

My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant-imageuploadedbyteambhp1486471317.993816.jpg

The DRLs do a good job in the roads with shadows all around. Whereas in the highway, they aren't that noticeable. Also during dawn and dusk they help getting noticed by other drivers.

Attachment 1605458

Last edited by audioholic : 7th February 2017 at 18:33.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 20:26   #67
Senior - BHPian

Had some additional questions for you:

1. Does the Zxi (O) variant of the AMT also get Tilt Steering? I know that there is no Seat Height Adjustment for the AMT but wanted to check if Tilt Steering is provided.

2. Does the Security system include an Engine Immobilizer ?
Old 7th February 2017, 21:09   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Had some additional questions for you:

1. Does the Zxi (O) variant of the AMT also get Tilt Steering? I know that there is no Seat Height Adjustment for the AMT but wanted to check if Tilt Steering is provided.

2. Does the Security system include an Engine Immobilizer ?
1. Yes it gets steering height adjustment even from Vxi I guess.

2. Engine immobilizer is present in all Maruti Vehicles from BS3. The keyless entry system is totally independent of the immobilizer and functions independently. The security system is another addon which adds an impact sensor and access protection to the KE system.

All versions of the car come with engine immobilizer.
ZXi and Zxi(O)AMT adds keyless entry.
ZXi(Opt)MT adds security system with keyless entry.

Hope that sorts the confusion.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 22:00   #69
Senior - BHPian

Nope, the Tilt Steering comes only with Zxi. I prepared a chart with the variant differences for AMT. VXi to Zxi is about 28K difference.

My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant-variant_comparison_chart.png

So based off the chart, the Tilt Steering, Steering Mounted Controls, Rear Demister and Wiper are the core functional elements that would be missed if one goes for a Vxi trim.

I am not too concerned about OVRMs - I have not found myself adjusting these too often. Although given the width of my current bigger car I do use it to fold the mirrors when going thru narrow spaces. I dont think that scenario would be true for the Celerio given that its already a smaller car.

I am wondering if these Zxi elements are valuable or should I go for the Vxi trim and get the Fog Lamps and Alloy Wheels added up as accessories. Tilt Steering seems to be the most useful of the lot to me to give up on...

But overall I think the current set of Trim Levels that Maruti has on offer is something appreciable and not available from other companies such as Hyundai and Tata on their Grand i10 and Tiago models.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 23:00   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nope, the Tilt Steering comes only with Zxi. I prepared a chart with the variant differences for AMT. VXi to Zxi is about 28K difference.

I am wondering if these Zxi elements are valuable or should I go for the Vxi trim and get the Fog Lamps and Alloy Wheels added up as accessories. Tilt Steering seems to be the most useful of the lot to me to give up on...

But overall I think the current set of Trim Levels that Maruti has on offer is something appreciable and not available from other companies such as Hyundai and Tata on their Grand i10 and Tiago models.
For me, the VXi never was a sensible option. The price difference is too less to actually have any monetary benefit going for the Vxi instead of Zxi. A basic double DIN head unit with speakers and Bluetooth costs around 14k. And a basic keyless entry system will set you back by another 5k. For the 9k left, you will be missing out on a lot of other stuff.

Second reason why I prefer the top end version is in my house we have always preferred factory fit option since in the longrun, that is always reliable compared to some accessory installed aftermarket no matter how professional the work may be. Not even MGA stuff will be as long lasting as factory fitted items.

And if you want a safety kit, all you pay is 14k over the Zxi which is again a small price paid for a bigger picture. Just buy the Zxi eyes closed and keep the car in factory form as far as possible. You will not complain at a later stage.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 11:40   #71
BHPian

Hey Guys,
I took delivery of my Celerio ZXI(O) AMT on Saturday and have already done around 200 kms in it. Am loving the experience of driving it around in city traffic - this is something that everone in my family is also appreciating after struggling with our earlier car for all these years.

Just a quick question - There seems to be some plastic stuck all along the side of the car under all the doors. And the texture seems to be something like half burnt plastic. Saw it in the parking today while cleaning the car.
Is this plastic supposed to be removed?
Old 14th February 2017, 18:39   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Yours is one of the most detailed reviews of the Celerio available online. Loved every bit and rating it a well deserved 5*.

Since you were a Wagon R owner too, here are a few questions from my side-

1. Which car has better rear seat ride-WagonR or Celerio??
2. Which car has better rear seats??
3. Which car has better perceivable build?? By perceivable build, I mean flexing body panels, plastic quality, etc

My friend is in the market for a small hatchback as a city runabout and he is confused between WagonR and Celerio's manual variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomson13 View Post
Just a quick question - There seems to be some plastic stuck all along the side of the car under all the doors. And the texture seems to be something like half burnt plastic. Saw it in the parking today while cleaning the car.
Is this plastic supposed to be removed?
Congratulations on your new car. Can you post a picture of the same?? From my understanding, you are probably referring to the rough pattern on the running board. It is anti-chipping finish, which resists paint chipping from flying debris on bad roads.

Rough coating on running board
My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant-maruticelerio21.jpg
There is another PPF type of sticker pasted on some Marutis
My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant-20160503_164711.jpg

Both of them are for a purpose and shouldn't be removed.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 14th February 2017 at 18:51.
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 10:12   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
1. Which car has better rear seat ride-WagonR or Celerio??
2. Which car has better rear seats??
3. Which car has better perceivable build?? By perceivable build, I mean flexing body panels, plastic quality, etc
1. To be frank, I have taken a backseat ride on the Celerio just once, and only for a distance of 3kms. On the WagonR, I have sat on the backseat maybe 3-4 times for short distances. Most of the times in both cars, there are only one or two persons and the farthest I regularly go from the drivers seat is the front passenger seat since when I go out with my dad it will either be him at the wheel or me. If we are going out as a family of four, we take the SX4.

To give a general perspective, the WagonR has been praised for the rear seat ride. However, the VXi comes with low profile tyres which makes the ride a little harsh. The since the celerio comes with fat tyres on all variants, it does a better job in absorbing bumps.

However, in either car, there is no bounciness or excessive roll/pitch in comparison to the Hyundais and the Brio.

2. Rear seat in celerio is better than the wagonR since the WagonR has a flat seat base compared to a bucket in Celerio. Hence I would prefer the latter due to safety reasons.

3. The interior is well laid out in the Celerio compared to the WagonR. However, exterior panels are thicker in the WagonR. For example, the doorpads dont flex as much as it used to do in the WagonR. The dash also is quite well built in the Celerio in terms of hardness as well as fit and finish while the WagonR is average. The only places where the panels are poor in quality are some trim covers at the back which are loosely fitting especially in the boot area. At least in my space where I sit, the fit and finish is above Maruti Average.

If the budget will provide a ZXi, then it is the Celerio as my choice any day. However, if the budget can only accomodate a VXi, then it would be the WagonR Vxi. Recently my cousin brought a WagonR Vxi AMT since her budget couldnt stretch upto the Celerio ZXi AMT and I got to see it the previous weekend. After getting used to the Cockpit of the Celerio, I couldnt believe that I was driving the WagonR for three years. Somehow couldnt switch back.

I also got to experience the WagonR Avatar of the K10 engine and things have not changed much, from the earlier days. NVH is a class apart in the Celerio. However, I couldnt drive much apart from removing it from an improperly parked position and park it correctly(she is still learning how to drive). The steering I must say is lighter in the WagonR.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 14:01   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Yours is one of the most detailed reviews of the Celerio available online. Loved every bit and rating it a well deserved 5*.
Thanks Shashi, yes I was talking about the same things mentioned in the pictures that you posted. Wasn't aware of this new feature - its quite practical!

Last edited by Eddy : 22nd February 2017 at 14:48. Reason: Quoting a long post hampers readability for our small screen users.
jomson13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 14:25   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant

Took some time off this weekend to do some TLC to the car. Our new watchman does a very poor job of washing the car and I was annoyed with a few swirls and hard water spots in a few places. Hence removed them, applied a three layer combo
1. Armoral wax and polish - A slightly abrasive wax.
2. Sonax Wax - Mainly wax and lasts pretty long.
3. Simoniz synthetic wax - No abrasive effect and gives a good glaze.

Here are the results :

My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant-imageuploadedbyteambhp1487753776.206609.jpg

My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant-imageuploadedbyteambhp1487753788.396635.jpg

My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant-imageuploadedbyteambhp1487753800.452041.jpg

Also, the very next day my car was rear ended and the result was better than I expected. On my way to work monday morning, there was a signal where I had stopped. Though the signal was red, I let go of the brake just to inch forward and cover a gap. When I stopped, I hear a loud thud from behind and a Dzire cab had hit the rear left corner of my car. Got out of the car and took the driver to task and he gave a stupid explanation on how he assumed that I would jump the signal and continued. As I looked towards my car, I see no damage except for the bumper coming off its locks. There was PPF on the area of contact and that was unscathed. The Dzires bumper had come off its locks too and looks like the headlight was broken(not sure if that was fresh or from before) cabbie was not ready to come out and he pleaded sorry. Since there was no damage I let go and told him to watch it.

Here is the damage:

My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant-img_6784.jpg

My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant-img_6785.jpg

My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant-img_6787.jpg

I fixed it that night itself. Here is a short video I made to show how simple the whole job was. In the first part of the video, I also showed how the bumper comes off in case of a shunt from back. That prevents any tear or cut.

And I ended up grinding the screw since it was dark and I carried a smaller star bit downstairs. Have plenty of those screws which I will replace sometime. Here is the bumper mounted back to its normal place. The bruises along the bumper and rear qtr panel was present earlier and it was not due to this incident.

My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant-img_6791.jpg

My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant-img_6792.jpg

Last edited by audioholic : 22nd February 2017 at 14:48.
audioholic is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks