Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2017, 20:48   #76
Senior - BHPian

Nice write up. Get yourself the TPH cover. Really worth it. I can negotiate a better deal for you as I have bought their covers from the factory directly.

My brother recently was at Rivertern Jungle lodges,near Chickmanglur. He dusted his black Elantra and used the TPH and went out on the safari.
By the time he returned, most of the cars in the parking were scratched by monkeys.

Just gives you the convenience of parking anywhere.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 23:48   #77
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson 2.0L CRDi GLS - Thunder Black Boom Shankar

You know what, I'm glad you posted this. Because it made me revisit their website to see which one I'd want, and what do I see there? They're having their 25th anniversary sale, with approx. 50% discounts! Hot damn. Needless to say, I have my order placed. Cheers Arjun.
PS: I called them up to get clarity on the cover that is available for sale, and if it is inferior to the ones not on discount. He told me about this new cover the've come up with, the Aquatec, and that that would be more suitable for my kind of usage. It's less that 7K after discount. Boom! Order placed, and I'm happy.
Anyone else who's been waiting on TPH covers because of the high price, as Sachin used to say, "Go get it".
ach1lles is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 15:06   #78
BHPian

Cold Start

Aaaand look at what just showed up

Hyundai Tucson 2.0L CRDi GLS - Thunder Black Boom Shankar-img_5040.jpg

Hyundai Tucson 2.0L CRDi GLS - Thunder Black Boom Shankar-img_5041.jpg

Hyundai Tucson 2.0L CRDi GLS - Thunder Black Boom Shankar-img_5048.jpg

Watch for magic
ach1lles is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 13:06   #79
BHPian

Re: 1

Happy birthday to Thunder Black Boom Shankar!

Also thanks for the write-up! First, let me confess, it is your ownership review first and then the official team-bhp review that drove me towards buying the Tucson. And I was absolutely sold after the first test-drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
Auto Hold: Sometimes, the software misses or is late in implementing the hold. Here's what happens: When you lift your foot off the brake, the car *just* starts to move when the auto hold is implemented, and there's a noticeable jerk, and it feels like someone has rear ended you. It used to be quite disconcerting in heavy traffic.
I did notice auto hold becomes active only on a slightly hard press on the brake, like when you brake with an intent to stop. Slight presses on the brake to slow down the vehicle don't cause auto hold to activate, which is how I would have wanted it to be.

Also the test drive vehicle did have a noticeable jerk when the car resumes moving after auto hold is activated. In my car, the AWD version, I have not seen any jerk so far. Resuming movement from auto hold is smooth as butter.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson 2.0L CRDi GLS - Thunder Black Boom Shankar-img_3172.jpg  

sandeep.k is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 13:05   #80
BHPian

Hi All,
I was just wondering if we can change the Thread name to "HyundaiTucson Problems and Solutions" . I do know that Skoda drivers have this and it helps when all issues are reported in the same thread title.
Old 20th January 2018, 13:54   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.k View Post
Happy birthday to Thunder Black Boom Shankar!

Also thanks for the write-up! First, let me confess, it is your ownership review first and then the official team-bhp review that drove me towards buying the Tucson. And I was absolutely sold after the first test-drive!
Hey, thanks for the kind words. Congratulations for the car

Quote:
I did notice auto hold becomes active only on a slightly hard press on the brake, like when you brake with an intent to stop. Slight presses on the brake to slow down the vehicle don't cause auto hold to activate, which is how I would have wanted it to be.
A deeper press would signal the auto hold to activate immediately, while you can feather the brake to move about close to 0 kmph but if the car is stationary for about 2 seconds the auto hold would activate even without the deeper press of the brake. Both these things are useful in crawling traffic.

The jerk i was referring to is sporadic, it's like the auto hold brakes should've come up, the light on the cluster goes green, but they don't actually engage for a second and the wheels move a bit and then they're "caught" by the brakes.

Quote:
Also the test drive vehicle did have a noticeable jerk when the car resumes moving after auto hold is activated. In my car, the AWD version, I have not seen any jerk so far. Resuming movement from auto hold is smooth as butter.
Hmm. Usually the jerk goes away in Eco mode, and maybe they've updated the software.
ach1lles is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 16:18   #82
BHPian

Quote:
In my car, the AWD version, I have not seen any jerk so far. Resuming movement from auto hold is smooth as butter.
Congratulations Sandeep on purchase of Tucson AWD version.

Kindly let us know the mileage figures for the AWD version in City and Highway.

I had posted the query on Tucson AWD thread but did not get any response - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4333524
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 17:18   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post

I deeply care for a car's ability to be nimble
+1 to that.
Having owned and driven the 1st gen Tucson for 8 years across the length of the country, I 100% agree with your opinions. Of course, the current gen Tucson is far more powerful than the 1st gen, yet I can fully identify with your feelings - the diesel engine boom at high RPMs, the dull handling and reduced pickup with full load (something that I experience in my 1.8 TSi Laura as well). I am also done with diesels and SUVs (and sensible cars ), and to compensate for the lost years, bought myself the GTI.

Thank you for a candid review and wishing you many more years of worry free ownership of the sensible SUV
anandpadhye is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 12:58   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Kindly let us know the mileage figures for the AWD version in City and Highway.
Sorry about the delayed reply. I have used the Tucson so far exclusively on highway rides. My Swift is still the city run-about. About 5k kms on the highway, the mileage figure on the MID is about 11.5 - 12 kmpl ( with the FE meter set to reset after refuelling ). Also the 5k kms have mostly been on Sport mode + Normal mode ( 70-30 ). I never used the Eco mode for long.
sandeep.k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 15:01   #85
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson 2.0L CRDI AT - Parking Brake Issue

Hi BHPians,
I had a peculiar issue last evening. Events were as follows;
I was exiting a local Mall parking and there was unfortunate accident with some cars on the lower parking ramp for which there was a huge line of cars from level 7 down to level 1 of the parking that were on hold.
1. My car was in "AUTO HOLD" mode on a steep incline and was in this position for about 35 to 40 minutes, engine running, ac on.
2. Suddenly I got a beep alarm and a pop up message on the dash to say "parking brake activated automatically"
3. I disengaged the electronic parking brake and again depressed the Auto-hold function, but this message kept popping up and the car Parking brake would automatically engage.
Eventually I took it Off Auto-Hold and drove home with this feature off.

This morning all was normal. I could engage Auto-Hold and no Warning.

I feel it was probably because of overheating of some solenoid/relay as the car was in Auto-Hold for long period of time.

Have any of you faced this issue ???
Thought I'd just share this.

Warm regards,
Old 4th June 2018, 14:33   #86
Team-BHP Support

^Its always better to engage manual parking in situations like these.

How are the Tucsons holding up, my friend has booked an AWD in black, he wants a general feedback.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 11:48   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
^Its always better to engage manual parking in situations like these.

How are the Tucsons holding up, my friend has booked an AWD in black, he wants a general feedback.
10K kms till now in 8 months and going strong. first oil change done recently and the car is extremely smooth.

Best parts -
1. Oodles of power and torque - highway munching monster
2. Quiet and comfortable - cocooned from outside noise and diesel clatter (not from tire noise though). Suspension is really good (though can be wobbly at times) and you don't feel tired after long driving sessions
3. Looks good to the discerning eye i.e. people who know about Tucson. FOr everyone else, it's just creta
4. All creature comforts within the car - not many post purchase add-on requirements

Couple of things that could've been better:

1. High beam halogens - should have been LED. wife's Honda city has a much better headlight than my tucson
2. Gear box - ok for a TC. but stands nowhere in front of DSG from VW stable (personal opinion)
3. Interior quality - could have been better for a car touching ~30 lakhs on road
4. Music quality - well, okayish for the segment. Hexa does a much better job at a much lower cost
MNITDEVIL is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 00:04   #88
BHPian

Booked one. Expecting delivery on sunday.
Old 26th December 2018, 23:03   #89
BHPian

We are planning to get a Tucson GLS in the petrol guise. I’m really confused as to whether we should wait for the facelift in May, or get the outgoing one. What could be the difference between them, with respect to the features ? And is it worth the wait ? I personally think the exterior looks better, but the interior put me off. The floating console just isn’t to my liking. Keeping this in mind, I’m leaning towards getting thr outgoing model. If at all I’m considering the facelift, if it isn’t to be launched at least by the second half of ‘19, I’m going to be disappointed
Old 14th January 2019, 11:41   #90
BHPian

I was thinking of the same thing. Is it only going to be facelift, or they are going to make it bigger and a 7 seater. i didnt want a very big car. I was looking for a good comfortable 5 seater and Tucson checked all the boxes for me. When the panoramic sunroof option came, that cleared all my doubts and I went for it. Its been about a month now and I am completely loving it. You dont notice, but it builds speed quite silently. I am quite amazed by the pickup. Also, its super comfortable! Also I must say the cornering lights are something I find very useful, didnt think that they would matter much, but as soon as its night or I find myself in parking basement, they are a definite value. Also I feel that the side look is the most gorgeous for a Tucson. It look a proper German.

I am planning for a long ride soon in 1st week of Feb. Will post the experience.

Last edited by adabass : 14th January 2019 at 11:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks