Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2017, 20:32   #16
BHPian

Re: Video Comparison: Ford Endeavour vs Toyota Fortuner

Hi Tubanator,

Nice comparative video.
Saw an "old" Fortuner sitting on top of the hill at 2:38 secs of the video. Curious to know did it climb up the hill? If yes, then how did it perform vs. the Endeavour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Have a look at this video, this is a very steep hill and even Thar could do after multiple attempts. Ignore first few attempts of Endeavour as I was doing this for the first time and even though you have a capable truck, fear of something breaking on a new expensive machine is always there.
Thanks,
Sayak

Last edited by sayakc : 10th March 2017 at 20:35.
Old 10th March 2017, 20:54   #17
Team-BHP Support

There was another way to reach the top though relatively easier. Scorpion and Vitara ( 6 Cylinder) struggled even here, Scorpio had to deflate tyres and Vitara was pulled close to the top. Vitara did far better showing once its front bumper was lost later on I think Fortuner did in 2-3 attempts but bottomed out at the top, Fortuner could not be recovered by Thar which was otherwise doing recovery duties so had to be pulled by Endeavour.

Edited link here

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th March 2017 at 20:59.
Turbanator is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 21:07   #18
BHPian

Wow. One of the most innovative comparison in automotive reviews. It took me few minutes before I realise that it's not real twins. Or is it?

Comparison was very balanced as well. So it's a bit difficult now to decide between these two. Heart is with Ford but commonsense and brain goes with Fortuner.

Last edited by sgmuser : 10th March 2017 at 21:10.
sgmuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 21:20   #19
BHPian

It is so satisfying to see a man who does reviews for leisure putting in such effort and posting brilliant contents. Its brilliant Karan sir and at same time was very informative. One of the Best comparisons I've seen in a while. Keep up the good work.
Arun.
ArunRS2305 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 23:52   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Fantastic review sir! Thoroughly informative and entertaining.
Thank You KrishnaKarthik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHS View Post
Amazing video Karan I have enjoyed watching every bit of it. Thanks for all the efforts in making this comparison video which can certainly help prospective buyers. It would be interesting to see the battle once we have the NEW PAJERO SPORTS in India. I believe it's due for Diwali this year. Pajero has been very well known for it's 4x4 capabilities. So I am looking forward to watch the comparison video of FORTUNER v/s ENDEAVOUR v/s PAJERO SPORTS
Thank RAHS, glad you enjoyed the video. Not sure about what Mitsubishi is upto to be honest but whenever the Pajero comes it will really heat up the competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Hey Karan,
The review turned out to be awesome. Loved the concept of you playing a double role. The entire act was carried out very professionally. Kudos to Omkar and your cousin. Glad I could be of help to you.
Keep up the good work
Thanks Denzil, Yes Aumkar & my cousin did a good job with the camera & edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitsun23 View Post
Very nice review karan

Your reviews are getting better day-by-day.

Also loved your new concept of twins, keep giving us such amazing reviews.
Yes the concept of me vs myself turned out to be better than i expected it to be, Glad you liked it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsingh13 View Post
Hey Karan, I love your video reviews man. I only click them to get an idea and watch it for just few minutes but they make me stick till end, always. Keep doing them, very in depth and natural.

Thanks for your appreciation Mr Singh !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Wow. One of the most innovative comparison in automotive reviews. It took me few minutes before I realise that it's not real twins. Or is it?

Quote:
Comparison was very balanced as well. So it's a bit difficult now to decide between these two. Heart is with Ford but commonsense and brain goes with Fortuner.
Yes, correctly said as both these SUV's are so closely matched that it becomes a heart vs brain decision. Whichever you chose you'l still be a winner in this case IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunRS2305 View Post
It is so satisfying to see a man who does reviews for leisure putting in such effort and posting brilliant contents. Its brilliant Karan sir and at same time was very informative. One of the Best comparisons I've seen in a while. Keep up the good work.
Arun.
Hi Arun, good to hear from you & thanks for such a motivating comment.

Last edited by karan561 : 11th March 2017 at 00:18.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2017, 15:34   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Fantastic Review!!! The comparison was just great. Happy to see your twin brother

Also, how's the headlights? HID projector of Endeavour vs LED projector of Fortuner?

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 11th March 2017 at 15:36.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2017, 15:39   #22
BHPian

A very crisp and precise video review Karan. Liked the way you have elaborated the contents and it will be helpful to many who will be contemplating between owning a Fortuner or a Endeavour. Appreciate your efforts. Keep it going!!!
TorqueTwist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 16:26   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Fantastic Review!!! The comparison was just great. Happy to see your twin brother
Thank You Dr.Naren for your appreciation
Quote:
Also, how's the headlights? HID projector of Endeavour vs LED projector of Fortuner?
HID's of the Endeavour are good, but simply not as great as Fortuner's LED headlamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueTwist View Post
A very crisp and precise video review Karan. Liked the way you have elaborated the contents and it will be helpful to many who will be contemplating between owning a Fortuner or a Endeavour. Appreciate your efforts. Keep it going!!!
Thank You TorqueTwist for your compliments & wishes
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 10:03   #24
BHPian

Hi Karan,

Great review ! loved the way you covered it, including the camera positions

Just one straight shooter : If Endy 3.2L Titanium came with a manual gearbox, would you have chosen it over the Fortuner (assuming everything else is the same, and the Ford gearbox is reasonably good)
prateekvidya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 10:22   #25
BHPian

My big grouse against the Endeavour is the beige interiors. You will not miss using a Manual transmission if you get used to the Endeavour Auto Gearbox. But preferences vary for each. The Endeavour scores high on the steering and ride quality compared to the Fortuner. Endeavour is value for money while the Fortuner scores on simplicity, reliability, 7 year warranty. And I am a big fan of the new Fortuner styling. Like it much.

I actually thought there were two guys and was about to write that Karan got a handsome twin. But then I realized its the same person. Really liked the way the videos were shot and appreciate the efforts.

If Endeavour was not around, then its a no-brainer. Fortuner all the way ! But Endeavour is a worthy competitor for the Fortuner this time. Wishing a happy driving experience to all who own these beasts.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 14th March 2017 at 10:24.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 14:35   #26
BHPian

Thanks for a well shot, well organized very riveting video & the comparison is nuclear. That said- both the Fortuner & the Endeavour are very capable suv's, in fact battle tanks is a more suited term for both. Endeavour is big beautiful mean & every bit a sand blaster, it has its niggles & some ownership issues but then which car doesn't. On the other hand the Fortuner is the Lord of the bad & on top of that its a Toyota so one can barely go wrong when its both which shows in the numbers its doing.

Well done both of you & thanks for the feast!!! for the eye balls!

Last edited by .anshuman : 14th March 2017 at 14:55. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
gurthvader is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 20:46   #27
BHPian

Great video comparison Karan, loved the Karan-calling-Karan camparo. That said, I feel, this video is leaned towards the 4x4 oriented usage of the SUVs.

My guess is lot of urban buyers, like myself, are looking for 7 seater more like glorified Innova for presence on the road. I remember Toyota official claiming most of the early booking are for 4x2 variant on the launch of new Fortuner.

I feel Toyota didn't serve well the people moving up the chain from Corolla to SUV. I would have loved to continue with Toyota but Fortuner is not flush enough like Endeavour.

Both SUVs are missing some key features like Endeavour missing on keyless entry and in-built navigation and Fortuner missing on front parking sensors (I am not sure how new owners of such large SUVs are managing without one), auto dimming rear-view mirror, sunroof and support for Carplay/Android Auto.
nrahul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 17:00   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
Hi Karan,
Great review ! loved the way you covered it, including the camera positions
Thank You Prateek for your appreciation.

Quote:
Just one straight shooter : If Endy 3.2L Titanium came with a manual gearbox, would you have chosen it over the Fortuner (assuming everything else is the same, and the Ford gearbox is reasonably good)
YES !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Endeavour is value for money while the Fortuner scores on simplicity, reliability, 7 year warranty.
^ Well said,

Quote:
I actually thought there were two guys and was about to write that Karan got a handsome twin. But then I realized its the same person. Really liked the way the videos were shot and appreciate the efforts.
Thank You !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurthvader View Post
Thanks for a well shot, well organized very riveting video & the comparison is nuclear. That said- both the Fortuner & the Endeavour are very capable suv's, in fact battle tanks is a more suited term for both. Endeavour is big beautiful mean & every bit a sand blaster, it has its niggles & some ownership issues but then which car doesn't. On the other hand the Fortuner is the Lord of the bad & on top of that its a Toyota so one can barely go wrong when its both which shows in the numbers its doing.
Well done both of you & thanks for the feast!!! for the eye balls!
Thank You, reading your comment truly made my entire effort worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrahul View Post
Great video comparison Karan, loved the Karan-calling-Karan camparo. That said, I feel, this video is leaned towards the 4x4 oriented usage of the SUVs.
My guess is lot of urban buyers, like myself, are looking for 7 seater more like glorified Innova for presence on the road. I remember Toyota official claiming most of the early booking are for 4x2 variant on the launch of new Fortuner.
Thanks, well i agree this review focuses more on the non urban usage side. But in real urban world both these SUV's are equally capable for on road presence and having the similar snob value BUT still Fortuner is a more respected brand than the Endeavour in India. Resale wise both will be similar if you would sell them early like say in 2-3 years but if you wish to keep it longer then obviously the Fortuner again will gain better value.

All the best !
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 10:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

Lovely video Karan. Been watching your video reviews regularly and this one is certainly the best presented and ofcourse most innovative with the twin you .

Who is doing the editing and shooting?
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 10:54   #30
BHPian

Excellent review Karan. As everyone has said I loved the way you presented the video i.e. you and your twin. Keep it up.
HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks