Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2017, 23:11   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Video Comparison: Ford Endeavour vs Toyota Fortuner

The video consists of me meeting the guy who had said the Endeavour is Un-beatable;

Video Comparison: Ford Endeavour vs Toyota Fortuner-screen-shot-20170309-11.07.19-pm.png

& then we go to a beach;

Video Comparison: Ford Endeavour vs Toyota Fortuner-screen-shot-20170309-11.01.30-pm.png

To get to a conclusion;

Video Comparison: Ford Endeavour vs Toyota Fortuner-screen-shot-20170309-11.06.17-pm.png

Other Observations;

- The Endeavour had aprox 3000km on the odo & already had developed a squeak or two (From the seat / trunk)
- Steering controls on the Fortuner were better placed & easier to operate.
- Leather quality of the seats on the Fortuner felt better.
- The Endeavour has better accessibility (Ingress)
- The Fortuner's FE is better than that of the Endeavour in its 3.2L trim.
- Endeavour's Sync 3 system doesn't support Maps on Apple but only on Android Auto.
- The Fortuner has better braking.
- The Endeavour has a better turning radius, so less three point turns during parking/ U Turns.
- Endeavour's driver seat is more comfortable than that of Fortuners
- Surprisingly Endeavour's steering was not adjustable for reach.
- Fortuner offers a complete keyless experience where as the Endeavour doesnt.
- Terrain Management System lacks an 'auto' mode to help the Novice drivers driving in unchartered territory or may be in dark when the terrain may not be clearly visible.

Note: In the video @ 9:27 - The timings have got swapped, an editing mishap !

Special thanks to BHPian kedarwalke for the Endeavour & BHPian dean5545 to help out with the locations

Last edited by karan561 : 9th March 2017 at 23:38.
karan561 is offline   (75) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 00:48   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
re: Video Comparison: Ford Endeavour vs Toyota Fortuner

Brilliant comparo Karan!

The Endeavour, on one hand, is an amazing package but on the other hand, the Fortuner is the trusted package. I really wish Ford starts offering extended warranty up to 5 years at least. With the kind of electronics these SUV's have over their predecessors, extended warranty is a must. Kudos to Toyota in that department.

For someone who needs an automatic SUV, I guess the Endeavour 4x4 AT is a no brainer. It can put the 2x priced, decade old Mitsubishi Montero to shame. In the recent times, Ford has improved their after-sales service but they sure have a long way to go when compared to Toyota. Endeavour is the best package below 50-lakhs you can buy today.

The Fortuner still is the best bet around for someone who needs an MT 4x4 SUV. The a-trac system and the rev matching feature seems interesting, hoping to get a feedback from you after you get to test it extensively during your T-FOG meets. The Fortuner is going to be the best seller in its segment without a doubt. At the end of the day, you can't go wrong with a Toyota.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 08:35   #3
Team-BHP Support

Karan & kedarwalke, very nice efforts. Just to be clear, Endeavour is very capable off-road as well, perhaps bogged down in these videos due to relatively less exposure of driver to such conditions in my opinion.

Have a look at this video, this is a very steep hill and even Thar could do after multiple attempts. Ignore first few attempts of Endeavour as I was doing this for the first time and even though you have a capable truck, fear of something breaking on a new expensive machine is always there.

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th March 2017 at 08:56.
Turbanator is online now   (26) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 08:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Another one out of the park

And this time you got your twin along! He's just as good as you are. This will be a good resource for someone in the market for one of these giants.

BTW the Endy was 55 sec right?

PS: The only bad thing about the whole video was that childish road map
samaspire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 09:30   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you Karan twins for the brilliant video. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it and particularly loved the way you compared each and every aspect of the two machines in a totally unbiased manner. Your videos reviews are getting better and better. I look forward to the next one

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 10th March 2017 at 09:34. Reason: Removed P.S. as its already mentioned
Santoshbhat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 09:40   #6
Team-BHP Support

Amazing review Karan, especially meeting your twin part LOL.

I believe there should be a second iteration of this review which should feature
# driving on Indian highways, both single lane highways/state highways and dual carriage ways

# proper off the road test

Do consider when you have time
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 12:28   #7
BHPian

Re: Video Comparison: Ford Endeavour vs Toyota Fortuner

Good comparison and good 'cars' both

But if you talk about SUVs that can kick some dust, this old one has still much more to offer with far less chances of something going wrong along the way.

Video Comparison: Ford Endeavour vs Toyota Fortuner-17203773_1664489040244759_1748724014_n.jpg

Video Comparison: Ford Endeavour vs Toyota Fortuner-17238227_1664489006911429_1053053250_n.jpg
BowMan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 13:09   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Nicely done Karan!

With the Isuzu set to launch the MU X at a rumoured 27 lakhs for the top end spec, it should intensify the battle in this space!
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 13:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

Great video karan! I was completely glued to the screen throughout the video! Keep it up man, Love watching your videos.

One small thing i noticed was, No mention about the Active Park Assist (Self parking) & headlamp washers, mentionable features which the endeavour provides, Also Endeavour has a longer feature list i suppose at a lower cost, I wanted to ask if you wanted a AT, Would you have gone in for the endeavour instead of the fortuner? Offcourse someone who wants the MT version will have to go with the fortuner only! Wonder why Ford did not give us a MT.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 10th March 2017 at 13:55.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 14:50   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Brilliant comparo Karan!
Thank You asit !

Quote:
The Fortuner still is the best bet around for someone who needs an MT 4x4 SUV. The a-trac system and the rev matching feature seems interesting, hoping to get a feedback from you after you get to test it extensively during your T-FOG meets. The Fortuner is going to be the best seller in its segment without a doubt. At the end of the day, you can't go wrong with a Toyota.
Yes, that's why i went in for the 4x4 M/T Fortuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Karan & kedarwalke, very nice efforts.
Thank You Turbonator for your appreciation.

Quote:
Have a look at this video, this is a very steep hill and even Thar could do after multiple attempts. Ignore first few attempts of Endeavour as I was doing this for the first time and even though you have a capable truck, fear of something breaking on a new expensive machine is always there.
Good video, nice to see you in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Another one out of the park

And this time you got your twin along! He's just as good as you are. This will be a good resource for someone in the market for one of these giants.
Thank You once again Sam !
Quote:
BTW the Endy was 55 sec right?
Yes, the timings got swapped, an editing mistake. Thanks for your understanding.

Quote:
PS: The only bad thing about the whole video was that childish road map
That's all i could manage, Sorry !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Thank you Karan twins for the brilliant video. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it and particularly loved the way you compared each and every aspect of the two machines in a totally unbiased manner. Your videos reviews are getting better and better. I look forward to the next one
Thank You Santosh for your appreciation & compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Amazing review Karan, especially meeting your twin part LOL.
I believe there should be a second iteration of this review which should feature
# driving on Indian highways, both single lane highways/state highways and dual carriage ways
# proper off the road test
Do consider when you have time
Hey Sheel,

Thank You for your kind words & suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMan View Post
Good comparison and good 'cars' both
Thank You !
Quote:
But if you talk about SUVs that can kick some dust, this old one has still much more to offer with far less chances of something going wrong along the way.
Surely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Nicely done Karan!

With the Isuzu set to launch the MU X at a rumoured 27 lakhs for the top end spec, it should intensify the battle in this space!
Hi Tejas, thanks for your appreciation. I Agree the MU X will be suitably matched and more VFM compared to these SUV's. Also after the success of the VCross pick up the MU X will certainly get more respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Great video karan! I was completely glued to the screen throughout the video! Keep it up man, Love watching your videos.
Hi Tanveer glad you enjoyed the video, Thanks !
Quote:
One small thing i noticed was, No mention about the Active Park Assist (Self parking) & headlamp washers, mentionable features which the endeavour provides, Also Endeavour has a longer feature list i suppose at a lower cost,
Yes, surely the Endeavour is more feature packed, but the Active Park assist is barely used to be honest. But yes features like Active noise cancellation, head lamp washers needed a mention as you correctly said.

Quote:
I wanted to ask if you wanted a AT, Would you have gone in for the endeavour instead of the fortuner?
YES !

Last edited by karan561 : 10th March 2017 at 14:51.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 15:42   #11
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 13th March 2017 at 11:17.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th March 2017, 16:15   #12
BHPian

Amazing video Karan I have enjoyed watching every bit of it. Thanks for all the efforts in making this comparison video which can certainly help prospective buyers. It would be interesting to see the battle once we have the NEW PAJERO SPORTS in India. I believe it's due for Diwali this year. Pajero has been very well known for it's 4x4 capabilities. So I am looking forward to watch the comparison video of FORTUNER v/s ENDEAVOUR v/s PAJERO SPORTS
RAHS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 17:49   #13
BHPian

Hey Karan,
The review turned out to be awesome. Loved the concept of you playing a double role. The entire act was carried out very professionally. Kudos to Omkar and your cousin. Glad I could be of help to you.
Keep up the good work
dean5545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 19:08   #14
BANNED

Very nice review karan

Your reviews are getting better day-by-day.

Also loved your new concept of twins, keep giving us such amazing reviews.
hitsun23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 20:22   #15
BHPian

Hey Karan, I love your video reviews man. I only click them to get an idea and watch it for just few minutes but they make me stick till end, always. Keep doing them, very in depth and natural.
kvsingh13 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks