Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2017, 19:16   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Porsche Panamera Edition Diesel : My new daily drive

Porcupine (I keep saying Porcupine Tree. ), thank you for taking out time to write such a detailed ownership review of such an exotic. Thank to their Porsche Experience drives, I did get to drive some of the cars briefly, and I really love the whole Nokia-styled button-fest on the centre! I wonder if you had considered the Macan Turbo. I know you didnt want an SUV, but Macan Turbo is such a hot potato of a car, lots of fun!

Also, I understand that when you went to check out the Panamera, the Panamera second generation was revealed, or was close to being revealed. Were you tempted to wait and pick up the new model?
avishar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 19:17   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Off topic - I think I saw you on the Western Express highway going towards the sealink this evening. Just before the Kherwadi bridge. If it was you I was in the CLS which you may or may not have noticed sitting in that cockpit of the Panamera Barely any facelift Panamera's that too in white, so just a guess!
Haha, surprisingly enough, it wasn't me!

I'll tell you what my number plate is incase you think you've run into me next time haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Yes, and the loud kinda suits them in my opinion. I dont think an end can would void warranty as long as you are pally with the dealer and the dealer is a sensible one too. What about OE options?
No OE options for the Diesel variants unfortunately, so have to go aftermarket. OE options are only available for the petrol variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Dear Porcupine,

Tell me did you ever considered buying a 911 and a new E- Class with all this money as this was what I thought when they gave me prices with option lists
I actually got it much cheaper than a 911, also I had to have 4 doors and 4 proper seats so I never really considered the 911.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Hey buddy,

Congratulations on the purchase, and thanks for sharing the detailed thread of what lead you to get a Panamera.

Reading the thread I was reminded of how insanely options are priced in Porsche. Attaching a quote that I received for a 911 Carerra S.

Attachment 1639112
Thank you buddy!

Yeah the options are crazy, you can easily go up to 20-25lacs in options for just basic stuff!
Porcupine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 00:00   #48
BHPian

Attachment 1638146

That AP looks equally stunning !!!
junkishya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 09:32   #49
BHPian

I have always found the Panamera the only good design in Porsche (no offence, just a personal like) and glad to see such a detailed review on it. Congratulations on your purchase!
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 13:04   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Porcupine (I keep saying Porcupine Tree. ), thank you for taking out time to write such a detailed ownership review of such an exotic. Thank to their Porsche Experience drives, I did get to drive some of the cars briefly, and I really love the whole Nokia-styled button-fest on the centre! I wonder if you had considered the Macan Turbo. I know you didnt want an SUV, but Macan Turbo is such a hot potato of a car, lots of fun!

Also, I understand that when you went to check out the Panamera, the Panamera second generation was revealed, or was close to being revealed. Were you tempted to wait and pick up the new model?
Thank you! Yes I've heard the Macan can be a lot of fun! The Turbo variant even looks quite thrilling haha!

The new Panamera was just about to be released. I knew it's coming too, but I didn't really want to wait and I have no regrets about it whatsoever. By the time deliveries of the diesel models start in India it can still be quite a while probably.
Old 26th May 2017, 19:52   #51
BHPian

UPDATE: The car suffered a punctured front left tyre two nights ago, and didn't realise it until the next morning as it was caused by two small nails being lodged into the rubber. It was only next morning that we noticed it due to the tyre having deflated very slowly overnight.

Notified the service center and they have quoted me ₹53,000/- for the replacement and will take two weeks to deliver. I checked with local dealers and they have quoted similar prices but longer waiting times, so just decided to go through the Porsche workshop. The guys have been very helpful and have provided me a used tyre (not too old or used surprisingly) of the same spec to use in the time being. An interesting fact is the dealer/workshop doesn't import the tyres on their own and are infact using another Delhi based dealer to import the tyre.

When the car goes in for tyre replacement I'm going to get the rims painted black also maybe get the brake calipers painted but haven't decided on a colour yet! I don't want to do red as it's too common. I was thinking either Arancio Borealis (Lamborghini Orange) or Verde Ithaca (Lamborghini Green), but haven't been able to make up my mind yet. Any suggestions? Was also thinking of getting the 'PORSCHE' and 'Panamera' badges on the rear blacked out.

Last edited by Porcupine : 26th May 2017 at 19:55. Reason: Typo
Old 26th May 2017, 21:03   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
UPDATE: I don't want to do red as it's too common. I was thinking either Arancio Borealis (Lamborghini Orange) or Verde Ithaca (Lamborghini Green), but haven't been able to make up my mind yet. Any suggestions? Was also thinking of getting the 'PORSCHE' and 'Panamera' badges on the rear blacked out.
53k for one tyre! Yikes Knew those were expensive but didn't know this much.

Definitely get the badges blacked out. It will look great with your car's white colour and the black rims. And with that I would suggest either the Orange or Red colour on the brake callipers. IMO, green would go that well with the black.

And try if you can keep a Porsche branding put on the callipers, they'll look just like the optional ceramic ones.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 22:03   #53
BHPian

Great thread Porcupine!
Wish you a thousand kms, if not a lakh of happy motoring with the car.

There are 2 Panameras in my neighbouring building. One is a previous generation one well as the other is the new 2017 one. Must say that the rear looks amazing. People sell an Innova to buy an Innova but this guy sells Porsche to buy another Porsche. He had a Cayenne Turbo which he replaced with the new Cayenne Turbo.
dean5545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 22:08   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
UPDATE: The car suffered a punctured front left tyre two nights ago, and didn't realise it until the next morning as it was caused by two small nails being lodged into the rubber. It was only next morning that we noticed it due to the tyre having deflated very slowly overnight.

Notified the service center and they have quoted me ₹53,000/- for the replacement and will take two weeks to deliver. I checked with local dealers and they have quoted similar prices but longer waiting times, so just decided to go through the Porsche workshop. The guys have been very helpful and have provided me a used tyre (not too old or used surprisingly) of the same spec to use in the time being. An interesting fact is the dealer/workshop doesn't import the tyres on their own and are infact using another Delhi based dealer to import the tyre.

When the car goes in for tyre replacement I'm going to get the rims painted black also maybe get the brake calipers painted but haven't decided on a colour yet! I don't want to do red as it's too common. I was thinking either Arancio Borealis (Lamborghini Orange) or Verde Ithaca (Lamborghini Green), but haven't been able to make up my mind yet. Any suggestions? Was also thinking of getting the 'PORSCHE' and 'Panamera' badges on the rear blacked out.
But why are you changing the tyre? Its not like you drove on the flat tyre for a distance I'm assuming. Just fix the puncture the way a normal tubeless tyre puncture is fixed and continue using the tyre. You will save half a lac.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 22:34   #55
BANNED

Quote:
I was thinking either Arancio Borealis (Lamborghini Orange) or Verde Ithaca (Lamborghini Green), but haven't been able to make up my mind yet. Any suggestions?
Orange.

It will suit the color of your car, will look classy and yet stand out. I know the green you are talking about and it is, well, too green, like this.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2017, 14:12   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
53k for one tyre! Yikes Knew those were expensive but didn't know this much.

Definitely get the badges blacked out. It will look great with your car's white colour and the black rims. And with that I would suggest either the Orange or Red colour on the brake callipers. IMO, green would go that well with the black.

And try if you can keep a Porsche branding put on the callipers, they'll look just like the optional ceramic ones.
I agree, the black badges will complete the looks, and orange over green most likely.

The Porsche branding on the calipers is just a decal, so hopefully they have it in which case it can be retained after repainting. If not, I'm sure I'll be able to source the decal from abroad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
But why are you changing the tyre? Its not like you drove on the flat tyre for a distance I'm assuming. Just fix the puncture the way a normal tubeless tyre puncture is fixed and continue using the tyre. You will save half a lac.
I already tried that, but apparently the two punctures were at an awkward proximity and the repair job was complicated, so even after it was done there was still a steady loss in pressure. Well this was their explanation but they could have easily just botched the job so that I have to buy the new tyre. Haha, conspiracy theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Orange.

It will suit the color of your car, will look classy and yet stand out. I know the green you are talking about and it is, well, too green, like this.
Yeah the green actually is too green

Orange was my first option too, but the more I explore the more confused I get. I even like the blue like on the BMW M models.
Old 27th May 2017, 19:01   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Yeah the green actually is too green
The M-Blue is fine, but not as flamboyant as the green unless it is on the entire vehicle. Also, people will call it the BMW Blue on a Porsche, sounds low rent no?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 14:28   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE: The car suffered a punctured front left tyre two nights ago...
Have you got the replacement? 255/45 R19 is a nice profile for Indian roads but it must be hard to source. I think even S class uses 255/40 R19 profile. Is there any other car (not SUVs of course) which uses 255/45 or thicker on R19s? What does Indian Maybach use on their 19" rims?
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 20:00   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Have you got the replacement? 255/45 R19 is a nice profile for Indian roads but it must be hard to source. I think even S class uses 255/40 R19 profile. Is there any other car (not SUVs of course) which uses 255/45 or thicker on R19s? What does Indian Maybach use on their 19" rims?
Sorry for the insanely late update on this, yes the tyre was sourced by Porsche themselves as none of the local dealers stocked it. And even then it took a good 10+ days to arrive which was quite annoying!

The first service has been completed couple of months ago (slightly later than scheduled as the car hadn't run even close to enough), and a lot of visual upgrades have been carried out like;

Roof Blacked Out
Front Bumper Grille Blacked out
Front Fender Slats Blacked Out
Rims Blacked Out
Rear Diffuser Blacked Out
New Quad Exhaust Tips Blacked Out
All Chrome Badges Blacked Out
Brake Calipers Painted Lamborghini Aurora Borrealis

All work was carried out by the official Porsche Service Centre.

Pics coming soon!
Porcupine is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 15:58   #60
BHPian

Hey Porcupine,

Know I am bumping up an old thread but would love to get some long term insights on the ownership and mods.
Rokztar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks