Today evening while returning from office crossed the 20000 mark
Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-p_20170712_200933_bf.jpg
CrazyToDrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 22:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Previous experience with leather seat cover has made me fearful to do the same again.
Well in my Figo, i have the art leather seat covers from Ford itself which was a part of the freebie that I got. Even with this black color seat cover, the AC manages to cool the car in about 5 mins tops so far. So you can probably go for the seat covers.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 23:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
You have quoted a thread that is 5 years old. Are you saying engine development by Ford and Fiat has stopped since?
Yes, there has been no development on the TDCi engine. The 1.5 TDCi we speak of here is a derivative of the 1.6 TDCi. This engine (1.6) is more Peugeot than Ford and it was launched in 2001. The 1.5 TDCi is technically a bit old school because of its 8 valve design although ironically the 1.6 is a DOHC. The latest diesels from other manufacturers boast a 16v set up for better combustion and NVH.

For the record, the Fiat Multijet 1.3 was launched in 2003 and Fiat has considerably improved the performance and efficiency over the years. Of course, we don't have their latest version in India. Comparatively, the 1.5 or the 1.6 TDCi has seen no significant development over the years. I reckon Ford didn't want to tamper around Peugeot's mechanicals.

Congrats on your car! Sorry to go off-topic.
swiftdiesel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 12:29   #34
BHPian

Wonderful review CrazyToDrive. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Wish you many happy miles in this car. This is indeed a little rocket

I like the black and red sporty theme of your seat covers. Do you plan to upgrade to 195/55-R15 wheels? Check out ones on the Figo of abhinav.s. They look great

Can you put more details on the Dashcam+Reverse Camera setup? Some pics on the reverse cam in operation? Is there any solution like this that comes with Auto-dimming as well?
jetti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 12:30   #35
BHPian

Congrats on your car and I also own the same color, same variant and mine is already reaching around 30K in 1.5 year time and I am in love with the car whenever I drive this.
I also bought this because of powerful engine and looks and it never let's you down on that.
Anuruddhs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 15:32   #36
BHPian

First of all wishing you many more trouble free miles on your car!
Wish to point out a few things-

1. I agree that Ford has been miserly in providing only one 12V socket in this day and age. Furthermore that socket stays powered on even after shutting down the car. Probably Ford should take inspiration from SamAspire’s DIY 12V socket placement for the rear seats and provide it in the next update of the car.

2. Ford steering wheel has a good ergonomic design with thumb contours at the right places.Does the exposed threads of your wheel cover cause any hindrance to this?

3. As advised by others, please take care of inspecting those magnetic sun shades from time to time.Their innards generally have not-so-good quality magnets which can corrode during our humid monsoons and may pass on the corrosion to the contact points around the door frame.And is it only me who finds the view of the ORVMs restricted through these mesh screens?

4. Similarly keep an eye out for the vinyl floor coating.It often traps moisture underneath which is not visible from outside.Beige mats are much maligned ,however the OEM beige mats provided by Ford are of good quality and they are holding on quite strong after 1.5 yrs of my use.

5. I agree that Ford should have provided ABS+EBD from the very beginning, in all variants.But is the braking mechanism calibrated differently in non-ABS versions?I ask this as I have always found ABS equipped Aspire’s brakes to provide a very confidence inspiring linear braking in my Titanium+ car.

About the engine,yes the 1.5 TDCi is an old school 8V SOHC mill and we owners knew it before we put our money on the table.But honestly does this specification matter much when even being a generation old engine it provides the following-

1. Power output sufficient enough to propel this budget car to 100 kph in less than 10secs.

2. Tractability and almost zero turbo lag.This was the first turbo diesel I drove and was surprised how it almost felt like a normally aspirated engine.

3. Good NVH. Better than VW diesels from the outside.Much better than the latest diesel from Honda on the inside.

4. In spite of being a feisty engine,it is amazingly frugal even with 100% A.C. usage, as reported by almost all TDCi owners in this thread.

5. Many fellow BHPians like thread starter CrazytoDrive,Mobike008,auto_enthusiast(who operates the Aspire as a taxi),Espraveen have racked up lots of miles on their steeds without any serious engine niggles. The same engine is doing its duty in Ecosport and Fiesta for quite some time and thus it can be concluded that the engine is quite good on the reliability front too.

So my humble advice to all 1.5 TDCi owners will be to cheer up and be happy that they are driving a gem of an engine, without getting too hung up on not having the latest and the greatest.

Last edited by dragonov007 : 13th July 2017 at 15:36.
dragonov007 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 16:30   #37

Congratulations for the new car. Since I own a hyundai eon as a city commuter, I completely understand the feeling of migrating to a bigger block!
What’s the function of zipper on the sunshade?
Old 13th July 2017, 16:32   #38
BHPian

Having sold my Indica, I am looking forward to buying a new car in a months time. I am seriously considering Ford Figo 1.2 TiVCT Trend. Several reviews and forums on TeamBHP and elsewhere recommend Figo in diesel and for petrol, one is suggested to look into Maruti's or Hyundai's stable. I test drove Figo Petrol yesterday. It was a short drive and I think I will need to drive it again. I have also inquired with Hyundai and visited Suzuki and Honda. The prices after discount for various models that were quoted are:

Figo 1.2 Trend: 25 lakhs Nepalese Rupees (originally 27). 100 INR= 160Nrs
Aspire 1.2 Trend 2016 model 25 (originally 29.99)
Baleno 1.2 Delta: 29 (originally 30.69)
Xcent S 2016 model: 27.46 (originally 30.96) the facelifted one is yet to launch here
Dzire Zxi 2015 model: 27 (originally 32.99) for the outgoing model
Jazz SVMT 1.2: 33.5 (originally 35)
Amaze SMT 1.2: 33 (originally 34.5)

I would be doing around 1000km a month with 50:50 city and highway usage. Please note that all the highways in Nepal are two lane road in dilapidated condition, hence, I would rarely be driving over 80-90 in highways.

I am looking for a safe car with low maintenance with a great Value For Money. Hyundai and Suzuki require servicing every three months or 3500 km while honda requires it every six months or 5000km. Ford asks it owners to service its vehicles once a year or every 10,000km.

Considering the price, I am more tilted towards Figo 1.2 Trend. Hence, the same question again, is petrol Figo worth buying?
amitjha086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 17:25   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
About the engine,yes the 1.5 TDCi is an old school 8V SOHC mill and we owners knew it before we put our money on the table.But honestly does this specification matter much when even being a generation old engine it provides the following-

1. Power output sufficient enough to propel this budget car to 100 kph in less than 10secs.

2. Tractability and almost zero turbo lag.This was the first turbo diesel I drove and was surprised how it almost felt like a normally aspirated engine.

3. Good NVH. Better than VW diesels from the outside.Much better than the latest diesel from Honda on the inside.

4. In spite of being a feisty engine,it is amazingly frugal even with 100% A.C. usage, as reported by almost all TDCi owners in this thread.

5. Many fellow BHPians like thread starter CrazytoDrive,Mobike008,auto_enthusiast(who operates the Aspire as a taxi),Espraveen have racked up lots of miles on their steeds without any serious engine niggles. The same engine is doing its duty in Ecosport and Fiesta for quite some time and thus it can be concluded that the engine is quite good on the reliability front too.

So my humble advice to all 1.5 TDCi owners will be to cheer up and be happy that they are driving a gem of an engine, without getting too hung up on not having the latest and the greatest.
I think you have very aptly nailed it with above points.

How many of us buy a specific car researching the generation of the engine it carries under the bay?

Come to think of it, it's actually a ludicrous thought that someone would go to that extent before plonking in their hard earned money. If someone is really doing that, either they have too much time on hand or is aspiring to join the engine development research arm of these big car manafacturers

In reality, what we buyers assess is how well the engine performs in terms of performance, driveability and NVH and despite 1.5 TDCi engine being "Old School" it really knocks the pants of so called modern diesel engines in all above parameters

Super happy with this explosive "old school" 1.5 TDCi engine
mobike008 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 19:44   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
I like the black and red sporty theme of your seat covers. Do you plan to upgrade to 195/55-R15 wheels? Check out ones on the Figo of abhinav.s. They look great
Can you put more details on the Dashcam+Reverse Camera setup? Some pics on the reverse cam in operation? Is there any solution like this that comes with Auto-dimming as well?
Thanks jetti, yes I will be upgrading to 195/55-R15. I will post the details and pics of the Dashcam+Reverse Camera this weekend. Unfortunately it does not have auto dimming feature. On Amazon.in I could not find any at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPS_93 View Post
What’s the function of zipper on the sunshade?
Thanks BPS_93, The zipper are helpful on tolls, You can just open the zipper. no need to open the door

Quote:
First of all wishing you many more trouble free miles on your car!
Wish to point out a few things-
1. I agree that Ford has been miserly in providing only one 12V socket in this day and age. Furthermore that socket stays powered on even after shutting down the car. Probably Ford should take inspiration from SamAspire’s DIY 12V socket placement for the rear seats and provide it in the next update of the car.
2. Ford steering wheel has a good ergonomic design with thumb contours at the right places.Does the exposed threads of your wheel cover cause any hindrance to this?
3. As advised by others, please take care of inspecting those magnetic sun shades from time to time.Their innards generally have not-so-good quality magnets which can corrode during our humid monsoons and may pass on the corrosion to the contact points around the door frame.And is it only me who finds the view of the ORVMs restricted through these mesh screens?
4. Similarly keep an eye out for the vinyl floor coating.It often traps moisture underneath which is not visible from outside.Beige mats are much maligned ,however the OEM beige mats provided by Ford are of good quality and they are holding on quite strong after 1.5 yrs of my use.
5. I agree that Ford should have provided ABS+EBD from the very beginning, in all variants.But is the braking mechanism calibrated differently in non-ABS versions?I ask this as I have always found ABS equipped Aspire’s brakes to provide a very confidence inspiring linear braking in my Titanium+ car.
Thanks dragonov007,
1. Yes, there could have been couple more 12V sockets and should shut down after car is switched off, but it remains ON.
2. No, they do not cause any issue for me.
3.Yes, the shades will now be removed for monsoons, and its not only you with restricted vision due to the mesh. I also feel the same but these are good during summers.
4. Will keep watch on the mats, thanks for highlighting.
5. Not sure about the calibration, but I do lack that confidence.
Quote:
I am pretty happy with this engine.
CrazyToDrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 22:09   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Figo 1.2 Trend: 25 lakhs Nepalese Rupees (originally 27). 100 INR= 160Nrs
Aspire 1.2 Trend 2016 model 25 (originally 29.99)
Baleno 1.2 Delta: 29 (originally 30.69)
Xcent S 2016 model: 27.46 (originally 30.96) the facelifted one is yet to launch here
Dzire Zxi 2015 model: 27 (originally 32.99) for the outgoing model
Jazz SVMT 1.2: 33.5 (originally 35)
Amaze SMT 1.2: 33 (originally 34.5)
Hi,

Figo/Aspire petrol engine is good but when compare to available options like Grand i10 or Swift, it falls behind.

Mountain area may make the difference more noticeable.

Do more test drives, specially with similar load (passenger count) as you may do in real world. Do the test drive in Hill area, specially with inclined road.

Compare those available options in similar condition test drives before making your decision.
Old 14th July 2017, 00:28   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToDrive View Post
Dashcam+Reverse Camera. Unfortunately it does not have auto dimming feature. On Amazon.in I could not find any at that time.

1. Yes, there could have been couple more 12V sockets and should shut down after car is switched off, but it remains ON.
If it is like the one I have got then there is no need for the auto-dimming feature. The mirror itself is blue and it dims any light that falls on it. I have not been bothered by the high beams behind me since I installed the Dashcam mirror. Another advantage is that the mirror is wider than stock mirrror which is a big advantage in a car with less rearward visibility. I feel these 2 features will extend the life if this setup long after the electronics are dead.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 16:12   #43
BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase of your Pocket Rocket and detailing your ownership experience of Ford Aspire, Welcome to the Aspire club and wishing you happy miles ahead.

Aspire surely gives you the thrill of spirited driving with equally rewarding FE figures if driven around sedately in the city. I also make it a habit compensate loss in F.E during bumper to bumper traffic while driving to work with a balanced driving style on empty patches and low traffic zones on my route.
KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 18:15   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Aspire surely gives you the thrill of spirited driving with equally rewarding FE figures if driven around sedately in the city. I also make it a habit compensate loss in F.E during bumper to bumper traffic while driving to work with a balanced driving style on empty patches and low traffic zones on my route.
On the contrary, last tankful was the worst FE in my Aspire till date and i drive with a lead foot 95% of the time

It was 14.50kmpl

But, I would like to clarify that I'm not disappointed in any way
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 19:06   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
On the contrary, last tankful was the worst FE in my Aspire till date and i drive with a lead foot 95% of the time

It was 14.50kmpl

But, I would like to clarify that I'm not disappointed in any way
As I mentioned, the way you drive it responds, whether its acceleration or FE. Unfortunately both are inversely proportionate.

Last edited by mobike008 : 27th July 2017 at 17:48. Reason: Please do not quote emoticons when quoting a post. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks