Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2017, 19:52   #61
RDS
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
You can make out if they are replacing a filter or just cleaning and putting it back. Instead of the Rushlane link, if you check in our own T-BHP there is a thread about this same video and non-service by MSIL. In that thread a customer who tried this at Hyundai service center ended up losing the dash cam itself. So best to be present with the vehicle during the service. Yes it is a waste of time or you can do something more productive, but the peace of mind that you get after the service is priceless when you are present during the service.
I agree.
I did check the T-BHP link after I researched a little more on this. It was really a detailed feedback - loved it! By then I had already posted the link here . Thanks though.
There are two Ford Service centers in Noida but arrangement is not as good as you mentioned for customers here. One needs to be with the car to really know what is happening and it is tiresome - I did that last time I was at center for tyre change, balancing/alignment and rotation. I do intend to be with the car again at center but even if I can't, I must not be cheated.
RDS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 21:09   #62
BHPian

Another milestone- 25000 kms up

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-25k.jpg

Added couple of accessories.
  • Changed the headlight bulbs to Osram NB Laser. The night vision has improved, but still some times I feel need for more light. I am planning to upgrade the fog lamps with LED's or projectors.
  • Added foot-well lights for front and rear. I am using them by 12V charging port as and when required. Will be connecting them to the cabin lights soon.

Osram NB Laser
Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-hl.jpg

Foot-well lights
Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-p_20170729_190141_bf.jpg
Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-p_20170729_190132_bf.jpg

Maybe next month will be upgrading the tyres. Plan is to upgrade to 185/65.
T-BHP home page shows advertisement for Firestone Tyres. Has anyone used them?
CrazyToDrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 11:41   #63
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToDrive View Post
Another milestone- 25000 kms up

Maybe next month will be upgrading the tyres. Plan is to upgrade to 185/65.
T-BHP home page shows advertisement for Firestone Tyres. Has anyone used them?
If you really want to go with Bridgestone, wouldn't B290 be a better choice? Otherwise, why not go with tried and tested Michelin XM2 or Yokohama Earth1?

Here is the Tyre upgrade thread link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...de-thread.html
Old 18th October 2017, 14:09   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS View Post
If you really want to go with Bridgestone, wouldn't B290 be a better choice? Otherwise, why not go with tried and tested Michelin XM2 or Yokohama Earth1?
Thanks RDS. I have almost zeroed on Yoko's but just wanted to know if any one has tried them?
Old 18th October 2017, 14:24   #65
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks RDS. I have almost zeroed on Yoko's but just wanted to know if any one has tried them?
Yes, some T-BHP members have.
Please check out the link below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-thread-5.html

One member complained about noise but other member (mobike008) mentioned that he has driven 9K Kms on Yoko Earth1 tires. May be they can answer your queries.
Old 14th November 2017, 19:35   #66
BHPian

My second tyre also developed a bulge and it became mission critical to change the tyres. Was in dilemma should I go with stock size or upgrade to 185 / 65 section as I have extended warranty. Finally went ahead and upgraded to Yokohama Earth1 185/65. Costed Rs. 4400 per tyre. Must say the ride is now more comfortable and tyre noise is definitely less than than the goodyears.

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-tyre3.jpg

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-tyre-2.jpg
CrazyToDrive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 19:59   #67
BHPian

Last weekend did a 700 kms drive to Dapoli beach and Chiplun. After the tyre upgrade this was the first long drive. Started on Saturday from Navi Mumbai at 11:00 am. Route taken was E-way>Khopoli exit> Pali>NH66> Goregaon> Mandangad> Dapoli. The road conditions after Goregaon were bad all the way till Dapoli. Reached by 5:00 pm to Dapoli. Next day visited the Harne beach. Dapoli has several beaches and you have various options to stay over here. The Harne beach was quite beach with almost no-one on the beach. Enjoyed the beach. There are other beaches where you have water sports available. Its a nice weekend destination for Mumbai and Pune folks.
I had to attend a function at Chiplun so started at Monday 7:00 am from Dapoli. Surprisingly it was raining in month of November. Reached Chiplun by 8.30 am. The road conditions are good from Bharne Naka till Chiplun. After the function, started at 5 pm from Chiplun for Mumbai. Route taken was NH 66 till Pali exit and from there towards E-way. The roads till Goregaon are good, well marked but single lane. Ater Goregaon lot of diversions and bad patches. Need to watch for it since at many places there are no signs. Since I was travelling late evening there were not many 2 wheeler's or tuk-tuk rickshaws, but during day you need to watch for them.
I was able to put the Aspire and the tyres both to test on the Kashedi ghat section which had numerous bends and curves. Roads are also excellent.
Enjoyed the ride.

Somewhere after Goregaon to Dapoli

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-p_20171118_154433_bf.jpg

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-p_20171118_154453_bf.jpg

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-p_20171118_164430_bf.jpg

Clean and Beautiful Dapoli Beach

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-p_20171119_174510_bf.jpg

Star fish, there were lot of them on beach

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-p_20171119_180649_bf.jpg

View from Parshuram ghat after Chiplun on the way back

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-p_20171120_165009_bf.jpg

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-p_20171120_092443_bf.jpg
CrazyToDrive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 08:00   #68
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
My second tyre also developed a bulge and it became mission critical to change the tyres. Was in dilemma should I go with stock size or upgrade to 185 / 65 section as I have extended warranty.
Thanks for the update and trip pics. I also traveled a lot last month. 10 day trip to Uttrakhand and 2 trips to Amritsar, Punjab. And now, I am also going to buy new tyres this week and I am in exactly the same situation as you were - extended warranty and decided to buy 185/65 R14 Earth 1s.

I am assuming that your trip (on bad roads, rain - wet braking etc.) went well and the tyres behaved well. :-)
Old 25th March 2018, 20:30   #69
BHPian

Its almost 3 months and no update to the thread.
Since Dec, I got busy with office work and was not unable to update the thread. In early Dec my office shifted to GB road Thane and my daily commute increased to 85 kms every day to and fro with almost 4 hrs driving. (I am now spending more time in car than at home ). Car is doing well.

Few updates-

30000 kms servicing done. It was routine servicing. There was some vibration at low RPM, got it fixed. As per SA it was due to one of the engine mount issue which got replaced under warranty.

Trip to Hyderabad-

During last week of Dec did a trip to Hyderabad with family. Started on 23-Dec from Mumbai and returned back on 28-Dec.

I had a very pleasant experience to meet a TBHP follower on the way. I had posted on the Mumbai-Hyderabad route queries thread asking the road conditions. 2 days before the trip I got a message from the Mods that one of the non-member, Mr Mehta, was also travelling and wanted to accompany in his Aspire. It was my bad that I was not able to respond to the message due to workload in office. Before Solapur, I saw an Innova coming close to me with speed and crossed me. After crossing he reduced the speed and started driving parallel to me and waving me. I slowed down the car, and rolled down the windows as the person was trying to say something to me. To my surprise it was the Mr Mehta with his family and he recognized my car by the LTD sticker. We then stopped at the next tool booth. Mr Mehta mentioned that he was also going to drive in his Aspire but since there was no response from me he dropped his plan and hired the Innova. He also mentioned that his daughter is great follower of TBHP. We exchanged our contact numbers and then they left. It was really nice experience to meet Mehta family.

Some random pics of the Hyderabad trip

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-p_20171223_105854_bf.jpg

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-p_20171223_173506_bf.jpg

Another milestone - 33,333 Kms done

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-p_20180206_084651_bf.jpg

Last edited by Eddy : 14th January 2019 at 15:40. Reason: typo
CrazyToDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 14:33   #70
BHPian

Car is currently running at 445XX kms.
Last week when I checked the engine oil level, I found the level is 6 marks below the max level. Last oil change was done at 40 K service. So visited the workshop this week. The SA checked the oil levels and did the oil top up and asked me to keep watch on it. As per SA it is very rare to have oil levels dropping, but will be keeping watch on it.
Else no other issues, Car is doing good. My daily driving has now reduced since I am using company transport.
Few mods done-
  • LED's for cabin light
  • Rear seat cabin light installed
- 3M under body coating done
CrazyToDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 23:21   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Car is currently running at 445XX kms.
Last week when I checked the engine oil level, I found the level is 6 marks below the max level. Last oil change was done at 40 K service. So visited the workshop this week. The SA checked the oil levels and did the oil top up and asked me to keep watch on it. As per SA it is very rare to have oil levels dropping, but will be keeping watch on it.
How much engine oil did you have to top up? I am guessing around 500 ml since the oil dipstick was showing 7 bars (out of total 13 bars). According to me, 500-1000 ml of engine oil consumption within 4000km (after an oil change) isn't normal, I suggest you to keep an eye on the engine oil level.
Bhpian espareen's Figo 1.5 TDCi also has this problem of high oil consumption, last update was that the engine will be overhauled under warranty. Here is the link: My ford figo

We have a 16 Ecosport 1.5 TDCi in our garage, after seeing your post I checked the oil level. The oil dipstick was showing around 10 bars (out of the total 13 bars), the odometer reading is 47300km (last oil change was at 40000km).

Photo of the dipstick at 47300km:

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-oil-dipstick-37k-km.jpg

An older photo of the dipstick, the car had 29500km on the odometer:

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-oil-level-ecosport-29k-km.jpg

Last edited by chiranjitp : 13th January 2019 at 23:23.
chiranjitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 21:14   #72
BHPian

DIY - DRL- Auto on off

Simple and quick DIY. Things you need.
  • DRL
  • DRL Controller

Steps were pretty simple. Connected all the wires as per the diagram provided and done. The DRL turns on once the engine is on and goes off 10 secs after engine is turned off.
How does it work: The DRL controller passes the current once the battery voltage is more than 13 volts and the current is cut down once it is less than 13 volts.

DRL Controller. Ordered from Aliexpress at 140/- bucks
Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-drl-controller.jpg

The wiring diagram
Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-wiring-diagram.jpg

DRL off
Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-drl-off.jpg

DRL during day
Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-drl-during-day.jpg

DRL only at night
Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-drl-only.jpg

DRL Plus parking
Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-drl-plus-parking.jpg

All lights on
Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-all-lights-.jpg
CrazyToDrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 15:42   #73
BHPian

Its been long time there is no update to the thread.
My little rocket has completed 4 years in Aug and ODO stands at 63xxx km.
During this lock down the car was mostly stationary with some short drive for weekly errands.

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-pic-1.png

Issues-

AC issue- I was facing AC cooling issue since my 50K service. There was not enough cooling. The issue was highlighted several time to SA and was attended as well but not to my satisfaction. The SA also agreed to the same. Finally the AC compressor was replaced under warranty. Now the AC is working fine.

Heating issue- This occurred for the first time when I was travelling back from office and was stuck in traffic jam. Traffic was moving at snails pace and the temp light started showing. I managed to pull the car to one side, opened the bonnet to see if I could see some abnormal (smoke or something). The coolant levels were also showing normal. I waited for 10-15 mins and started the car again. The light went off. I continued back home. For next 3-4 days things went smooth but again the same issue occurred. Called the SA next morning and took the car to FASS. On inspection found that the issue was with radiator fan. The wiring to the fan was having some issue due to which the fan was not working. They changed the wiring. The issue did not popped up again.

Battery replaced- During the 60K I replaced the battery. Got new battery at 26xx/-

Tyre replaced- One of the tyre got a severe cut, thanks to concrete road work. Had to replace the tyre.

Washer fluid pump issue- Recently found that washer fluid was not spraying. Checked at FNG. The Washer fluid pump was blocked. The washer fluid additive added at FASS was the culprit. Cleaned the blockage. It is now working fine. Funny part was cleaning the pump took 5 mins but reaching to open the pump required to open the front bumper which took more than 1 hr

Upgraded to Android unit- I was looking for upgrading the stock unit to Android unit. Finally bought this from Drivablypro. It has the mounts and bracket which replaces the stock unit and was coupler to coupler fitting. It is available on Amazon, but I ordered from their FB page. Unit is with 16 GB/2GB, 8.1 Android, 9-inch screen size. Installed it as DIY.

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-android-unit.jpg

Additional led strips to rear bumper- The lower part of the rear bumper looked plain. Added the LED strips to lower bumper. These work only with the parking lights. Looks better.

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-led-strip.png
CrazyToDrive is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 22:28   #74
BHPian

Quick drive to Visapur fort-

Did a quick drive to Visapur fort. Initial plan was to visit Bhaja caves near Lonavala, but on reaching, got to know the caves are still closed due to pandemic. Decided to go ahead to Visapur fort. Since we reached at 3.30 pm to Visapur, it was quite late to start climb. So decided to go till mid-way and return back. The walk was through jungle and was quite adventurous for kids.
Some of the pics from the trip.

Its too far....

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-20201130161235_img_4098.jpg

But we reached...

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-20201130161855_img_4103.jpg

Sun is setting its time to return..

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-20201130172422_img_4153.jpg

Its Lohgarh fort- This fort is just opposite to Visapur fort

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-20201130172640_img_4155.jpg

Watching the sun set

Ford Figo Aspire Trend - My little rocket-20201130174240_img_4159.jpg

Beautiful flowers on the way