Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2018, 10:28   #166
BHPian

Re: Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift

Finally wait is over..Blue dino has joined our family.
Attached Thumbnails
Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift-img20180402wa0006.jpg  

findviru is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 09:56   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki does a good job in resurrecting S Cross sales with the face-lift. Added to the additional Nexa outlets, S Cross does respectable numbers in sales figures.

Quote:
taking the Nexa network to Tier 2 towns has helped widen the market for the S-Cross, and taken the product to areas where there is demand for it. Over the past year, Maruti Suzuki has added 64 Nexa outlets, taking the total count to 316 outlets in 178 cities
Quote:
The S-Cross did comfortably outsell the Renault Duster (14,112 units, down 25.52 percent), Honda BR-V (11,563 units, down 43.37 percent) and Nissan’s Terrano (2872 units, down 17.19 percent
Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift-sc.jpg

Source:

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd April 2018 at 10:15.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 02:57   #168
BHPian

I will take Dino for first servicing this weekend. As per manual it will be just check and wash kind of servicing. Is it preferred to change the engine oil for first servicing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Cruiser View Post
I have booked a S cross alpha nexa blue colour.. I'm expecting delivery by the week end.. Meanwhile I have got the following message
Dear Customer, FASTag 170***** for Vehicle No. MA3FNEB1S00190442 has been assigned to your FASTag account No. *****. What does the no MA3FNEB1S00190442 mean.?
I know it's VIN. But how do I decode it!
When 10th and 11th number is zero then look for two more numbers after VIN in engine bay. There will be a star before these two numbers. It will give you the manufacturing date.

Last edited by SDP : 2nd May 2018 at 12:15. Reason: Merging back to back posts
findviru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 10:17   #169
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd May 2018 at 09:13.
Sea Cruiser is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd May 2018, 12:11   #170
BHPian

Hi All,

Planning to book S Cross 1.3 Alpha this week by exchanging my 33K done Elite i20 ASTA 1.2 (2015) model. Reason: Need of more practical , diesel (usage has been significantly increased) and reasonable mileage (anything between 13-15 is fine). Waiting period in Chennai is almost 8 weeks.

I'd like to know is there any back seat angle adjusting available in the Top end version of S-Cross? I don't see that anywhere in the review point out.
Old 2nd May 2018, 12:19   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post

I'd like to know is there any back seat angle adjusting available in the Top end version of S-Cross? I don't see that anywhere in the review point out.
The back seat can be adjusted but only in two positions. Attached a snapshot from the owner's manual for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift-seat.png  

rakesh_r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 07:59   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki seems to have revived the S Cross with its face-lift.

Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift-scr.jpg

Source: Auto Punditz
Old 9th May 2018, 12:34   #173
Senior - BHPian

Any word on a petrol S-Cross? Would book it on the first day if launched. I understand that we would not get a very potent petrol motor if at all, but my family has always liked petrol and me personally, I feel that I would rather not drive a diesel unless the car in question weighs more than 2 tonnes and doesn't come with a V8 option

Petrol S-Cross would really do it for my family and I will definitely book within the first day of announcement if it is on the horizon. Perhaps it could help Maruti boost sales as well seeing that there is an audience out there who understands the practicality of a vehicle like the S-Cross, but doesn't feel the need to commit to agricultural drivetrains (diesels).
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 11:37   #174
BANNED

I may go for S-cross zeta in couple of weeks. Humble request for 1.3 S-cross owners, kindly help me on couple of doubts:
  • First test drive at Airport Nexa, felt the car a bit sluggish and struggle to pull below 2000 RPM. Also, bumpiness felt at low speed. After test drive, the RM admitted the car was not a test drive car, but one from their yard (delivery car ). I think I have seen the ODO at below 100 km.
  • Second test drive at Fatima Nagar Nexa was on a test drive vehicle with 7K plus on ODO. Surprisingly, didn’t feel that sluggishness below 2k RPM and no bumpiness felt at low speed. Ride was very comfortable too. Only point, engine noise was rather high than the first car.
So, what to expect from the 1.3 S-cross? I am going to use the car mostly in city and sometime my drive involves some treacherous traffic section in Pune (Hadapsar, Sashane nagar and Mundwa if you are aware of this part of city). I am OK with engine noise, but low end is important to me to manage in bumper to bumper.

Also, what is the expectation in steep ghats with 5 adults and full A/C? Can I just slot 2nd and drive on or do I have to constantly fiddle with A/C button and change gear? Currently, my drive is a 3 cylinder 1.2 petrol Micra and I know what struggling in ghat means and I don’t want that in new car.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 11:47   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Any word on a petrol S-Cross? Would book it on the first day if launched.
If an automatic version is launched, I might be among the initial few people to book the car.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 22:49   #176
BHPian

Hello All,

We have recently booked an S-Cross Alpha and have been offered free accessories by the dealer. There are a large number of choices and hence did not want to list them out here. Some of them are door sill guard, side moulding, cushions, door visor, floor mats, etc.

Was hoping to gain insights from fellow owners if there are any accessories that they recommend fitting.

Thanks
Yash
Old 30th May 2018, 23:10   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
So, what to expect from the 1.3 S-cross? I am going to use the car mostly in city and sometime my drive involves some treacherous traffic section in Pune (Hadapsar, Sashane nagar and Mundwa if you are aware of this part of city). I am OK with engine noise, but low end is important to me to manage in bumper to bumper.

Also, what is the expectation in steep ghats with 5 adults and full A/C? Can I just slot 2nd and drive on or do I have to constantly fiddle with A/C button and change gear? Currently, my drive is a 3 cylinder 1.2 petrol Micra and I know what struggling in ghat means and I don’t want that in new car.
My suggestion would be to take a test drive on a few steep slopes just to see if this will suffice for your needs.

Speaking from personal experience, The torque and pulling power is adequate for highway as well as bumper to bumper traffic. The car feels nippy and has pretty good response within 1700 RPM to 3000 RPM. Below 1500 RPM, you will need to downshift if you want to gain speed quickly but you will have enough torque to keep you moving in bumper to bumper traffic.
vishnurp99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 11:45   #178
BHPian

Took delivery of my white S-Cross Alpha on Tuesday, 29th May. The delivery process was good, though a little slow (took almost 60 minutes, of which I was waiting around for about 15 mins). The car was ready at the appointed time, and absolutely spotless. The Nexa RM ran me through all the features in a detailed manner, and was aware of most aspects of the vehicle.

They had a cake-cutting ceremony, and after signing all the documents I was on my way. I had not actually test driven the car (as the vehicle is for my dad's use, and he had taken the test drive), so this was my first time driving it. My regular vehicle is an Elite i20, and compared with the i20, I noticed the following:
  • The engine seems to be more free-revving than the Hyundai 1.4 Crdi in my i20. However, the 1.3L engine is audible above 2,000RPM (despite the S-Cross having an insulation sheet, and the Elite i20 not having one), more than in the i20 and the engine note is lot raspier. However, vibrations are kept to a minimum, and can't be felt on the pedal / steering wheel.
  • The 5-speed gearbox is smooth-shifting and sure-slotting. Found this even better than the Hyundai equivalent
  • The auto start/stop system annoyed me in the first 5 kms itself. The engine shutting down and restarting is very obvious, and the air-conditioning turns off alongwith the engine. In peak Bombay summer, this is not a pleasant experience (and this was at 7:30pm!). I promptly turned this off the next time I stopped at a traffic light.
  • The car is fair bit wider, and with the handbrake being on the left of the center console, it was a stretch reaching out for it, compared with the i20
  • The entertainment system is great; the touchscreen is responsive, includes Apple CarPlay and navigation and includes voice commands. Also, the sound quality is excellent! Especially bluetooth calls were exceptionally clear.
  • Maruti really needs to move beyond the stalks for controlling the MID. Scrolling down the list is not at all intuitive, Hyundai has this pat down with the steering wheel buttons. However, the MID in the S-Cross had a lot more options and views than the "Supervision Cluster" in my Elite i20
  • The RM mentioned that they have provided 7 litres of diesel. However, the low fuel indicator was on since driving out of the showroom. At the pump, upto fuel cut-off, the car gobbled up ~40L of fuel, so the 7 litres claim of the RM seems plausible.

Overall, driving it for the short 10 kms home was a pleasant drive, and I was happy with the features of the car. Especially since this will be used by my parents, the high seating position and comfortable recline angle are well suited for them. However, coming from a 1.6L Skoda Rapid TDI, I'm sure the drive is going to be an adjustment for my dad on the highway!

Last edited by phoenixash : 31st May 2018 at 11:52. Reason: correcting typo's
phoenixash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 18:49   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki has hit the right chord on the Face-lift version, reflecting consistently on the sales figures.

Sells 4610 cars in May 2018.

Source: Auto Punditz

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th June 2018 at 18:52.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 18:29   #180
BHPian

Dear all, what does the S in s-cross stand for?

Last edited by Samurai : 17th June 2018 at 21:01. Reason: fixed grammar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks