Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2019, 14:00   #16
BHPian

Hearty Congratulations Praveen.

Such an in-depth review of your Rooster within few weeks of ownership means you are spending more time at the roads. A true BHPian.

OT - Let me know when you get some time next week. Will check out the car in person.
Prodigy07 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 10:33   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Combat Rooster® | Mi10's Tata Tiago JTP

Heartiest congratulations on owning a car that will undoubtedly attain legendary status with time. Its quick, chuckable, fabulous looking and priced well enough to be attainable to most car enthusiasts. I saw ksameer1234's JTP at the recent Mumbai-Pune mega meet and it left me drooling . The fact that you're enjoying it after a remapped S-Cross 1.6 proves that the Tiago JTP punches above its weight.

Thanks for sharing such a detailed + neutral review. It'll be going to our homepage .

Last edited by GTO : 24th March 2019 at 10:34.
GTO is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 11:06   #18
BHPian

Re: Combat Rooster® | Mi10's Tata Tiago JTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
For me the car that connects with me, is hard to shake off. More than that, it is harder for me to live with cars that do I cannot connect with. Few real life instances; Fiesta 1.6 S, Skoda Rapid, SCross 1.6 (Remapped)
Quote:
It is Special car that Connects, an emotion only enthusiasts are privy to!
Those two statements above pretty much summarizes your decision to buy Tiago JTP and I hope this Combat Rooster wakes up some of the Sleeping Giants at the break of a dawn.

Mi10 - You definitely lived up to the reputation of - both with choosing the "Special Car" and crafting a "Special Review" which was a treat to read

Last edited by Keynote : 24th March 2019 at 11:15.
Keynote is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 13:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Mi10, what a spectacular review of your rooster! It was such a joy to read, specially the use cases for city and sport mode! Complemented by some droolworthy pics too! To aho JTP truly is a path breaking product from the stables of JTSV
AkMar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 13:34   #20
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase mate, making everybody jealous

Very well written as GTO mentioned with fresh writing style, gobbled up in one go. It's in my dreams too, let's see what happens
2himanshu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 16:29   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase!

I have been thinking of Tiago JTP for a while now. No other car had gotten me so excited. I have always liked hot hatches. I watch videos of Ford Fiesta ST, Polo GTI, Golf GTI etc and wonder why there are very few accessible and fun hot hatches in India. Although there are a few options in the market, none of them feel like an honest attempt to please the enthusiasts like this car does!

I have even been thinking of how I would customize the Tiago JTP if and when I get it.

I would like to get it wrapped in Nardo grey and blacken all the remaining chrome bits.

Check the illustration.
Combat Rooster® | Mi10's Tata Tiago JTP-newtatatiagojtp.jpg
puneeth2 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 17:17   #22
BHPian

Congrats on the acquisition! I have always wanted to know how this car performs against a Fiesta 1.6 S. I had a TD last month, but the traffic conditions and the lack of corners en route didn’t reveal much about it. As it happens, the car pulls intensily post 3k rpm.

As the review came from an ex-1.6S owner, could you please elaborate more on how does it stage when plotted against the Ford.?
E = mc² is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 18:32   #23
BHPian

Congratulations on the vehicle! It’s a looker for sure.
I had a question: can this car be compared to the first-gen Swift with the G13BB engine? That is a true enthusiast’s vehicle. It would be helpful if you could compare them (if you have experienced the Swift).
Also, would this vehicle seem like an upgrade from the first-gen Swift? Please share your thoughts.
artemis_fowl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 00:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis_fowl View Post
can this car be compared to the first-gen Swift with the G13BB engine?
I have had a G13BB Swift since '07 and after a recent TD on the JTP Tigor felt that it overshadows the Swift in almost every way.
Handling is way more tighter and throttle response is crisper. While the Swift is a commuter car with a nice engine that can bring a smile to your face when you floor it, the JTP's sole purpose is to thrill and it does that very competently.
Those of us who got the old Esteem's powerplants in the Swift are considered fortunate but if I were to choose between a brand new G13BB Swift and a JTP today, I'd pick the latter.
The Swift scores on the NVH front, though.
Roy.S is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 00:44   #25
BHPian

Re: 3.1 | Driving Experience

Quote:
1000 kms up in 17 Days !
Congratulations on your new acquisition!! The Tiago JTP sure is a hot hatch!
Would you mind telling me which app is this which you’re using to log your mileage?

Last edited by aah78 : 25th March 2019 at 19:15. Reason: Quote fixed.
aakash1412 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 05:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Great review Mi10. Wish you many many km of happy smiles. The Tiago seems to be punching above its weight. How does the build quality feel compared to the S-Cross?

Quote:
I had a question: can this car be compared to the first-gen Swift with the G13BB engine?
The G13BB is a very old engine- it's a great N/A engine. Unfortunately, it's not fair to compare it with the Turbocharged engines.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 05:42   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car mate! Aesthetically, Tata has hit this one out of the park. This is a far cry from Tata's earlier efforts. Subtle body kit, the lowered suspension, subtle changes to the grill and the lights and those two fat exhaust at the back, this car reminds me of the original Zen except that its way more safer and a whole lot nicer to drive. I hope this car sells well as it has got everything going for it including price which has been a pain point for anything that goes fast in our country. Enjoy!
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 06:34   #28
BANNED

Congratulations.

Regarding the NVH, I think TATA made it like that intentionally as it is a car that needs to be enjoyed every time you drive it. Now even high end cars are having their fake engine sound getting thrown out through the speakers, I think TATA’s decision of less NVH is smart provided people understand why they made it like that.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 09:42   #29
BHPian

Well written review of an awesome vehicle. Surely this car is going places. Here's to many rocket like miles!
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 11:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Heartiest congratulations on owning a car that will undoubtedly attain legendary status with time. Its quick, chuckable, fabulous looking and priced well enough to be attainable to most car enthusiasts. I saw ksameer1234's JTP at the recent Mumbai-Pune mega meet and it left me drooling . The fact that you're enjoying it after a remapped S-Cross 1.6 proves that the Tiago JTP punches above its weight.

Thanks for sharing such a detailed + neutral review. It'll be going to our homepage .
Many Thanks, GTO. Appreciate the Gesture

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneeth2 View Post

I have even been thinking of how I would customize the Tiago JTP if and when I get it.

I would like to get it wrapped in Nardo grey and blacken all the remaining chrome bits.
Thanks Buddy. Nice looking one

PS: Just the other day i was thinking, if it is possible to do anything to a Tiago JTP since the Car is already modded inside out ! You just proved me wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = mc² View Post
Congrats on the acquisition! I have always wanted to know how this car performs against a Fiesta 1.6 S. I had a TD last month, but the traffic conditions and the lack of corners en route didn’t reveal much about it. As it happens, the car pulls intensily post 3k rpm.

As the review came from an ex-1.6S owner, could you please elaborate more on how does it stage when plotted against the Ford.?
The Tigor JTP actually is similar to the Fiesta S in Driving Experience
Like the Fiesta S it has;
  • Strong Mid range
  • Excellent Third gear which has a supremely wide range
  • The eagerness to shift tracks with minimal body roll
  • Similar Efficiency figures
  • Both Lack Serious Top end

Areas where Fiesta S scores:
  • Fiesta is more Linear in power delivery
  • The Steering Feel is very direct and is superbly calibrated
  • Post 3 Digits Fiesta is more relaxed
  • NVH is a whole class Above

Areas where JTP twins score:
  • JTP totally owns Initial and in-Gear Acceleration
  • The Tiago JTP specifically is even more chuckable due to its size
  • The Ride Quality is Sublime
  • Braking has an edge (Also to do with Tyres to an extent)

Quote:
Congratulations on the vehicle! It’s a looker for sure.
I had a question: can this car be compared to the first-gen Swift with the G13BB engine? That is a true enthusiast’s vehicle. It would be helpful if you could compare them (if you have experienced the Swift).
Also, would this vehicle seem like an upgrade from the first-gen Swift? Please share your thoughts.
I had the G13BB engine for 5 years which was also running Stage 1 for an year and half. To be brutally honest, it became an enthusiast's vehicle during those times, majorly due to lack of options at that price point.

The JTP twins are extremely focused take on Enthusiast cars; They can just eat up a Stock G13BB without battling an eyelid
That being said, the JTP is not without flaws, few areas where g13BB can score:
  • Faster Revving with Higher Revvs
  • Slick Gearbox
  • Very Refined Engine
  • High Mod Potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakash1412 View Post
Would you mind telling me which app is this which you’re using to log your mileage?
Thank you, the App is called Fuelio
https://fuel.io/

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
The Tiago seems to be punching above its weight. How does the build quality feel compared to the S-Cross?

Thank you!

The Price difference between the two is whopping 7 Lacs. So it is unfair for both cars to be compared on subjective elements like Build quality.

For a Hatch at this price point, the Tiago looks very robust. I don't think any Maruti Hatch can live up to a Taigo in Build quality. Period.

First Gen S-Cross was a rare exception to the usual Build quality Maruti cars have! They are ahead when you compared the Tiago. However certain iffy interior bits (Like Switch Gear, PW buttons, Steering) they chose to use from Swift / Baleno Bin would Pale in comparison to the Taigo's Interior quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Congratulations.

Regarding the NVH, I think TATA made it like that intentionally as it is a car that needs to be enjoyed every time you drive it. Now even high end cars are having their fake engine sound getting thrown out through the speakers, I think TATA’s decision of less NVH is smart provided people understand why they made it like that.
Thank You.
NVH stands for Noise, Vibration and Harshness . I don't think any manufacturer would want to do this intentionally. There is genuine difference between enjoyable Engine / Exhaust Sounds to what we call Noise and Harshness . NVH is a term people usually associate with commuter diesels ! Not with Petrol Enthusiasts cars.
What i am trying to say is it is not for everyone! Not all enthusiasts want their to be loud and coarse !
Mi10 is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed