Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2019, 07:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
Update 2 Got the first service (due at 1500 km or 30 days) done from Dee Emm Hyundai, Gurgaon.Anyway washing wasn't a really big concern but then I found this on the driver's door:A scratch of the size of a rice grain but visible. I called the service advisor immediately who went to see the pictures he took on his tablet. There was no scratch in the picture. Before opening a job card they take extensive pictures and highlight all dents/scratches that they find.
You can escalate the matter at cr@hmil.net Don't let them get away with that.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 08:30   #47
BHPian

I can tell for sure that success has gone into their heads. It's been more than a month since I visited their showroom in Mumbai. Test drove nios and told them that I loved the car. Not a single call back to check if I wanted to take the discussion ahead. Compare this to Toyota where I went to check the Glanza and they chased me so much to come and discuss the final price and offers.
Old 8th November 2019, 23:17   #48
BHPian

Got the key cover for flip key from Amazon (Keycare).

My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-img_20191108_224108.jpg

My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-img_20191108_224133.jpg
rahul_goyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 23:29   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
The interior space is significantly less than Jazz. The rear bench is a strict 2 seater + 1 kid. Jazz has wider seats. Boot space is also way lesser than what Jazz offers.
Jazz is significantly more spacious than even i20 Elite. It is almost Creta kind of space inside
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 23:10   #50
rtv

Thanks a lot Rahul. [quote=rtv;4724815] are some of my observations over and above yours.
rtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 07:45   #51
BHPian

Hi Rahul - good review and congratulations on the car ! I have a question. You mentioned your monthly usage is 1500 to 1800 kms a month. May i know why you didn't go for a diesel ?
Old 10th February 2020, 16:17   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Hi Rahul - good review and congratulations on the car ! I have a question. You mentioned your monthly usage is 1500 to 1800 kms a month. May i know why you didn't go for a diesel ?
Thank you.

Petrol was the preferred choice because of following reason:
  • 10 year limit on diesel vehicles in NCR reduces the resale value;
  • Running cost difference is not much as the price difference in petrol and diesel in negligible; (MID shows 17+ mostly within city usage; not bad for a petrol car IMO);
  • Ownership cost difference for same variant in diesel is about INR 1 lakh;
  • Diesel is 3 cylinder turbocharged engine and I have driven it extensively in my previous car (Xcent) to know that it can give you fair share of trouble specially owing to the quality of diesel fuel supplied at most petrol pumps in India;
  • Petrol is a cleaner fuel in comparison to diesel and has lesser environmental impact.

Nios has completed 7000+ kms and experience thus far has been good except for the screeching noise which is heard sometimes at low speed. Will get it checked soon.
rahul_goyal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 15:45   #53
BHPian

Got the Nios thoroughly washed from the Car Studio in Sector 66 Gurgaon.

Price paid for crystal foam wash and interior vaccum - INR 500/-
Time taken - almost 1 hour

Highly satisfied as they use good quality microfiber clothes and the guys are well trained in their job. Ended up buying couple of micro fiber towels as well (one 280 gsm borderless cloth and the other was 800 gsm).

Here are the pictures.

Car covered with crystal foam.
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-img20200226wa0001.jpg

Boys cleaning the car using microfiber.
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-img20200226wa0004.jpg

Tyre and underbody is also cleaned thoroghly. They don't have a lift, they use an attachment to the watergun that cleans the underbody.
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-img20200226wa0005.jpg

Shampoo is washed away with water pressure gun.
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-img20200226wa0006.jpg

End result. (Spic and Span)
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-img20200226wa0008.jpg

I plan to get the car waxed soon. Would be of great help if any fellow BHPian can suggest a good place in Gurgaon. I have Steam and Shine (Arjangarh; not technically Gurgaon though but in the vicinity) on my mind so far. Please share your experience if anyone has tried it.

Last edited by rahul_goyal : 26th February 2020 at 15:50.
rahul_goyal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 22:15   #54
BHPian

Quote:

Purchased these noodle mats from Hindustan Car Accessories at Sikanderpur for INR 1000/- (5 independent mats; they appear to be of good quality and should last for at least couple of years)
Attachment 1921374
]
but can you share if this type of mat affects full accelerator capability?
They seem to be very good quality at a realistic price.
Old 26th February 2020, 22:50   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
but can you share if this type of mat affects full accelerator capability?
They seem to be very good quality at a realistic price.
No the mat does not affect use of accelerator in any manner. I understand that there are some 3d mats which have cut out in the accelerator area and the pedal tends to gut stuck in the mat (extremely dangerous).

But there's no such issue with this mat, even when the pedal is floored. The owner of the shop is a good guy. You can check it out with him that place has a lot of variety.
rahul_goyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 00:32   #56
BHPian

Quote:
The sales advisors at Himgiri Hyundai are not well trained. My sales representative didn't know anything about the first in segment variable warranty on offer. Even when I mentioned that this is a first in segment feature where customer can choose the warranty package they want with Nios, he looked at me weirdly and said standard warranty is for 3 years and you can purchase extended warranty by paying extra.
We bought a grand i10 nios sportz AMT last month from popular Hyundai in our hometown. My experience with variable basic warranty was even worse. At my first visit to the showroom after the test drive I asked the sales advisor about variable basic warranty and his response was same as in your case. He denied the existence of any such option and told me fourth and fifth year warranty has to be purchased at extra cost. I showed him the Hyundai web page and still he didn't accept. I went ahead with the purchase anyway because the car perfectly fit our requirements. Meanwhile I emailed Hyundai customer relations team asking for a clarification and they just forwarded the mail to popular Hyundai's main dealership office. One lady called me from the Kochi office of popular Hyundai, but she was as clueless as my SA regarding variable basic warranty. She told me the person who handles the warranty matters will contact me but nobody did. About a month later while I was going through the owner's manual I found the page where warranty package chosen has to be marked and stamped by the dealership. I took a picture of the page, send to my SA and demanded him to explain. This time he accepted his mistake, apologized and said he had no idea about it because they didn't get any proper training regarding this
Now comes the best part. I asked him to change my warranty plan to 5 years/40000 kms since that's what suits me best. He apologized again and said it cannot be changed now because it has to be done during the billing process. I lost my cool, gave him an earful and then he said he will try to compensate for all this during the services. The whole experience was nothing like I had expected from Hyundai.

Last edited by Night Raven : 27th February 2020 at 00:37. Reason: Rephrasing sentences
Night Raven is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 17:08   #57
BHPian

Quote:

But there's no such issue with this mat, even when the pedal is floored. The owner of the shop is a good guy. You can check it out with him that place has a lot of variety.
Bought similar mats from the place for 1200 today. While the rear pieces are really small for a City,(had to keep it on OEM mats) the front pieces are decent. I got the driver's piece cut from under the accelerator.
Also, do they tend to slip?

Please try flooring the accelerator with your toe and pulling the mat out from under.My accelerator went deeper noticably when I did this so got it cut.

You can see how your OEM mat has a cutout the accelerator but this one doesn't. Hence the aftermarket one, being quite thick restricts full throttle in my experience. (My experience)
Old 27th February 2020, 17:21   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
Now comes the best part. I asked him to change my warranty plan to 5 years/40000 kms since that's what suits me best. He apologized again and said it cannot be changed now because it has to be done during the billing process. I lost my cool, gave him an earful and then he said he will try to compensate for all this during the services. The whole experience was nothing like I had expected from Hyundai.
I think the warranty plan has to be entered in the system when the first service is being done. Thats when the service advisor confirmed the plan from me and entered it in the service booklet and in the system. Only after doing this can they open a Jobcard is what the service advisor told me.

You should talk to the service people. They would should be knowing about this as they would have done it for other cars that have this variable warranty plan.
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 12:05   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
I think the warranty plan has to be entered in the system when the first service is being done. Thats when the service advisor confirmed the plan from me and entered it in the service booklet and in the system. Only after doing this can they open a Jobcard is what the service advisor told me.
In my case, it had to be decided at the time of delivery.
Old 28th February 2020, 14:11   #60
BHPian

Quote:
In my case, it had to be decided at the time of delivery.
Yes, they ask for it but did they enter and stamped the seal in the booklet during delivery? I initially opted for the 4Yr/50000 during delivery but changed it to 5Yr/40000 during first service and thats when they actually put it into their system.
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks