Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2020, 23:40   #76
BHPian

Re: My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Otherwise local accessory guys are always smart to figure out some 'Juggaar'.
Careful with that. You don't want someone's "electrical skills" to void your warranty.
Old 22nd September 2020, 00:40   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post

Your insurance seems to be on the higher side. Hope you checked from outside before buying, as the insurance from the dealer is always more expensive by almost 25-30%

Enjoy the car !

Cheers
I have booked a new nios AMT for my wife for running city errands. The insurance in Chennai seems to be on the upper side around 40k Rs. Is this normal?
Old 22nd September 2020, 08:42   #78
Senior - BHPian

Check Policy Bazaar website, you're bound to find a huge difference.
Old 19th November 2020, 17:11   #79

Got the Nios Sportz AMT in Aqua Teal delivered last night for my wife.

First impressions, nothing out of the blue, or rather reinforcing the excellent observations made by the good folks here in the past:

1. Steering is extremely light - very handy in avoiding the stupidly broken roads in Faridabad in the name of smart city (not so smart). But the steering is not at all eager to return to the centre. Infact i was left feeling that steering might even be tilted slightly to the right in its base position. Any way to check this properly?

2. Acceleration is not brisk but the trade-off rewards in the linearity of the build-up.

3. Solid - compared to my erstwhile booked car Swift Vxi AMT. I know it's still 2 stars in NCAP ratings but makes me feel more confident. Especially after my S Cross now feels lighter than i10 and is making me question my choice made 3 years ago.

4. Interior is perfectly designed. A little bit of hard surfaces - such as the arm rest for the right arm could be made softer. But i guess - cost cutting.

5. I miss the headrest adjustment but it's kinda okay for my height and pretty good for my wife's height. So it's okay i guess.

6. Overall, happy with the buy.

Any tips for a first time owner of Hyundai?
aurora.a15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 16:21   #80
BHPian

Hello everyone, I hope you are keeping well! I wanted to ask you all one question regarding this car. I bought a petrol Automatic Nios in March and have done around 7000 km since. I really like the car and have no major complaints really. There's one thing that bugs me - the switchgear on the door panels for power windows, power mirrors etc. isn't illuminated and I keep fumbling around in the dark.

Even the cheaper Santro has this sorted and hence I was wondering if it's an issue with just my car or if Hyundai skipped this feature altogether. Could someone please enlighten me ? Many thanks.
Old 4th December 2020, 13:15   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VedderTheFixer View Post
There's one thing that bugs me - the switchgear on the door panels for power windows, power mirrors etc. isn't illuminated and I keep fumbling around in the dark.

Even the cheaper Santro has this sorted and hence I was wondering if it's an issue with just my car or if Hyundai skipped this feature altogether. Could someone please enlighten me ? Many thanks.
Nios does not have illuminated controls on door pads in any of their variants. If you had gone through the posts you would have realized already.
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 10:21   #82
BHPian

Any update on the experience? How is servicing like in terms of cost?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th March 2021 at 11:17. Reason: How’s is > How is.
Old 14th March 2021, 13:41   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggkg View Post
Any update on the experience? How is servicing like in terms of cost?
1st service - 0 rupees. They washed the car, lubed some places and checked for any defects and resolve user issues and that's it. You can optionally change the engine oil which costs ~2500INR

2nd service - 3000-5500INR - I had done the wheel balancing, alignment and rotation since the wheel went out of alignment few days before giving it for service. If you don't opt for that and no replacements other than the manual prescriptions, it should be around 3000rs (as of December 2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merwindavid View Post
I have booked a new nios AMT for my wife for running city errands. The insurance in Chennai seems to be on the upper side around 40k Rs. Is this normal?

It depends on the insurance that you have opted for. zero-dep, bumper-to-bumper will increase the overall cost of insurance. I got the insurance for around 34k including bumper-to-bumper from Hyundai
Old 17th June 2021, 23:16   #84
BHPian

BIL got a Grand NIOS AMT (Sportz) home today. Drove the car from the showroom to his house in heavy rains.

Value for Money Hatchback
Smooth 1.2 Kappa petrol engine
Well equiped - alloys, touchscreen, Android Auto, auto foldable mirror, rear AC vent etc
Decent stock audio setup
Cabin space & colour theme (Con: Will take additional efforts to keep it clean)
DRLs
Stiffer suspension (may not be preferred if driven solely in the city)
Warranty schemes & Shield of trust package

Dislikes

Stock tyre size
Missing important features -Auto dimming IRVMs, adjustable rear headrests, no leather wrapped steering wheel and handbrake
All windows are not one touch down, no anti pinch windows & no remote window open/close feature (VW has spoilt me on this)
No Push start/stop button

BIL's 1st car home and he is pretty excited. He is still learning to drive & surely this good choice will make him more interested in automobiles. Was not keen on Maruti like many first time owners go for (including myself)
Attached Thumbnails
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-img20210617wa0023.jpg  

My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-img20210617wa0015.jpg  

My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-img20210617wa0017.jpg  

My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-img20210617wa0018.jpg  

My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-img20210617wa0016.jpg  

Last edited by VWAllstar : 17th June 2021 at 23:18.
VWAllstar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 16:48   #85
Senior - BHPian

Is there anyway to silence the sound of the horn when locking or unlocking the Nios? My father bought a new Nios and on asking the SA about this I was made to understand that this option is not available on the Nios. I find this quite ludicrous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Check Policy Bazaar website, you're bound to find a huge difference.
Tell me about it. The margins that the dealers tru to get away with is insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
BIL got a Grand NIOS AMT (Sportz) home today. Drove the car from the showroom to his house in heavy rains.
Nice color. It's not very common too.

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 5th December 2021, 00:31   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Is there anyway to silence the sound of the horn when locking or unlocking the Nios?
Try pressing the lock and unlock button together, on the remote, for 10-20 seconds. Works for most Hyundai and Kia cars.
Old 8th March 2022, 13:13   #87
BHPian

Sorry for hijacking this thread, couldn't resist to share few bits of our new i10 Nios Sportz AMT.

Car was mere 3 days old with some 100+ Kms on odo, myself and friend had a chance to take her out for a spin on snowy roads. Though there was not much of snow enroute to our destination and the car performed decently well.

However, AMT is evidently jerky in proper hilly terrains, the lag between gear shifts is quite apparent, can't expect much from an AMT GB.

Primarily, my father will drive this car in & around Himachal, he is enjoying every bit of clutch free life !!

Location- Jot Pass (25Kms from Chamba, Himachal)
Date- 27th Feb'22
Attached Thumbnails
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-picture2.jpg  

My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-picture6.jpg  

My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-picture4.jpg  

My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-picture5.jpg  

My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-1.jpg  

Last edited by varoon9999 : 8th March 2022 at 13:15.
varoon9999 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 17:32   #88

Just placed a booking for my Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT in Aqua Teal in Bangalore and was told the waiting period is 3 months, is it only me or has anyone else faced the same waiting period at Bangalore?

Akash
Old 8th December 2022, 14:11   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk98 View Post
Just placed a booking for my Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT in Aqua Teal in Bangalore and was told the waiting period is 3 months, is it only me or has anyone else faced the same waiting period at Bangalore?

Akash
Got the vehicle delivered on 30th Nov, took exactly 3 months from the date of booking. Driven approximately 500 km till now, happy with everything except the Lock / Unlock sound. I'm pretty sure I'm waking up my neighbours everyday since I got the car.
Old 2nd November 2023, 08:00   #90

Hey Guys,

Firstly, Mods I'm not sure if this query belongs here so feel free to move it, posting it here since this is the most active i10 thread.

I recently purchased a 2014 Sportz i10 manual for my wife who is just learning how to drive. Its in great condition and has only run 36K kms. And was owned by an uncle who barely drove it and was ready to part with it for 1.5 Lakhs. So that's gonna be my wife's beater car till she gets confident behind the wheels.

Now the car is great and all but that antiquated music console is an eye sore and I would like to upgrade that to an Android system with reverse parking camera integration. Is that possible? And if yes can you please recommend which particular system I can go with. And I do I also need to upgrade the speakers.

I wanted to check here first before I go to the local shop as I have no knowledge about music systems and I just don't trust them to recommend the best product over the product with the best margin.

Appreciate your inputs in advance!
Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks