Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2023, 17:24   #271
BHPian

Re: Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj112 View Post
Have been noticing that the car interiors tend to heat up quite a lot when parked in direct sunlight. The roof liner under the sun roof is thin material & semi transparent, probably allowing more than normal heat to come in.

Car takes a bit of time to cool down, generally after fresh air circulating for a bit & ac running on high.

Anyone else facing similar issue?

In Delhi NCR, so the heat on clear days is pretty intense.

Done about 12K on the beauty so far, still marvel each day on the build quality & the fantastic interiors. Glad i did not go in for the top end Kushaq & found this, at a similar price (pre owned).
I do face the same issue of overheating from the windshield. I was thinking of putting up 3M Crystalline series 70% on the windshield and the sunroof but not sure if it would help much. By the way, I also picked up a pre-owned Karoq at a similar price as for a new Kushaq and do not regret the decision. However, the less-than-optimal cooling and the heat let in is a dampener. I'm sure the AC effectiveness can be tweaked but do not want to go to the coding route. I also miss the 1.5 TDI engine of my previous Rapid - the torque and the push-back to seat effect is definitely missing in the 1.5 Petrol.

Last edited by VinsWagen : 6th February 2023 at 17:25.
Old 4th June 2023, 21:51   #272
BHPian

Anyone has replaced the wiper blades for Karoq from Boodmo or likewise? I'm looking for links to order the right ones. I ordered Bosch set after checking the compatibility provided on the website but discovered that the locks do not match with the stubs, once it was delivered.
Old 4th June 2023, 22:04   #273
BHPian

Living with the Karoq: Part 3: 3rd year/ 28,500 kms Update

The Karoq completed its third year with us last Saturday. This year it did just 7,500 kms in total. Main reason being the addition of 2 new cars in the garage. A new Thar and a Tiago EV. The Thar came around July last year and it became my daily driver. The Thar with its massive road presence made sure that everyone (including the infamous KSRTC buses) gave way. And I was spoiled by it. But when there were more than 2 people we took the Karoq mostly. By the end of Feb, our first ever electric car joined the garage, the Tiago EV. My work commutes started crossing around 1500 kms a month and the fuel expenses started skyrocketing. Since we had an 8KW solar power plant at home which was producing excess power, an EV for daily commutes seemed to be a sensible option. So I got a Tiago EV and boy I am impressed. The small electric hatch is super fun to drive around and it has already covered close to 7000 kms in the last 3 months ! My work commutes, short family outings everything is now in the EV. This made the Karoq stay idle in the garage most of the time and was taken out only for long drives and other family occasions.

In the last one year there have been no issues with the Karoq and it was the go to comfortable car. It still feels and looks new. No issues to say other than the ticket holder clip on the windscreen getting a bit loose and making a slight creaking sound while going through bad roads which was fixed during the last service.
The third year service was done last week and the usual oil, oil filter, air filters were changed. Since the service pack was purchased initially we did not pay anything for the service. Except for the rear brake pads which were quite worn out. Changed the rear brake pads and it costed around Rs 6500.
The Karoq has been returning around 8 to 10 kmpl in city drives and around 12 to 13 kmpl on the Kerala highways.
The interiors are still a great place to be and extremely comfortable. As mentioned in the initial posts the seats are surpremely comfortable and the headlights are the best I have used till date. I really enjoy driving the car at night as the bright headlights really reduce the fatigue level. The light beige seats surprisingly are not getting as dirty as expected dut to my high levels of OCD and a scared bunch of family members and kids who are very concious not to bring out the monster inside me.
The engine feels sufficiently powerful for normal driving conditions and the DSG with paddle shifters are really coorperative for those quick overtakes.
The Karoq is still a unicorn and I rarely see another one on the road and always end up complimenting the clean understated styling. The Karoq feels like a great do it all, value for money package car. I can confidently say in the last 3 years I havent seen such a well bulit car below the 40 lakhs price range. Looking eagerly to spend more quality time with the Karoq this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-img_5812.jpg  

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-img_5817.jpg  

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-img_5814.jpg  

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-6558e754e01042b7b7bf709a93d8b3e5.jpg  

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-c99fa7dd3b114bf496eda9ecdc43c344.jpg  

Last edited by Mr.Perera : 4th June 2023 at 22:07.
Mr.Perera is offline   (56) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 07:15   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsWagen View Post
Anyone has replaced the wiper blades for Karoq from Boodmo or likewise? I'm looking for links to order the right ones. I ordered Bosch set after checking the compatibility provided on the website but discovered that the locks do not match with the stubs, once it was delivered.
Hi, I had purchased the Blaupunkt Velocity Flexi wipers (26 inch and 18 inch) last year. Im quite happy with the performance and they seem to be quite reasonable. You can order it from the Blaupunkt website.The 18 inch wiper doesnt come with the B2 adapter thats needed for the Karoq. So ideally it would be better to order 2 sets of 26 inch and 2 sets of 18 inch. Take the B2 adapters from the 26 inch wipers and fit it in the car with the new wipers and the extra 26 and 18 inch you can keep as spare for the next change.
Mr.Perera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 11:30   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
Living with the Karoq: Part 3: 3rd year/ 28,500 kms Update

The Karoq is still a unicorn and I rarely see another one on the road and always end up complimenting the clean understated styling. The Karoq feels like a great do it all, value for money package car. I can confidently say in the last 3 years I havent seen such a well bulit car below the 40 lakhs price range.
A concise but informative 3 year update for a really understated yet gorgeous performer! Beats the T-Roc even though it was cheaper by 5L.

We have 2 Karoqs + 3 Kodiaqs in our estate and I always admire the former for being just the right size in all respects for our Indian roads. Having driven the the Kodiaq, I felt it was a smidgen too big, and also rides more like a SUV rather than a crossover. I suspect the Karoq ride will be far more pliant and comfortable without being too soft.

Coincidentally, review by Autoexpress UK of the 2023 Karoq:

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/karoq

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th June 2023 at 13:48.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 17:18   #276

Hi there fellow Team Bhp-ians,
This is Parag from Gurgaon. I've been following this thread for some time now and like many others on this thread, have simply fallen in love with the Karoq.

I've been searching for a used Karoq on the various portals, but no luck till now.
Hence wanted to check in case any of the existing owners on this forum are planning to sell their Karoq, or in case you know anybody who is planning to do so? (which is a HR / PB / CHD registered car)?

You support will be highly appreciated and will help me realise my dream!

Also, another question to the existing owners, basis your experience over the last 2-3 years, is it advisable to purchase a used Karoq in 2023 (in terms of spares, service & future reliability - DSG Gearbox)?

Looking forward to your responses.

Have a nice day!
Old 9th April 2024, 14:09   #277

Is Karoq eligible for getting Skoda anytime warranty for 7th and 8th year? The anytime warranty brochure doesn’t mention its name.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks