Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2020, 22:13   #196

Re: Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneller View Post
Whattt I bought my Karoq from New Delhi, Got discount’s of 1.93 Lakh in total. This behaviour is absurd. And i have taken my car on the Start of October. This behaviour is really wierd but, it does help that there are 3 players in Delhi-NCR alone and if you see within a radius of 100Km, there are several more. This leads to great discounts. BLR i think because there’s a single dealer this problem happens. My Sales advisor also told me that they sell quite a few cars in Gujrat due to the dealer there not offering discounts.
Hey Schneller, can you share the name of the Dealer and the SA please? I would like to check with them as well. Would it be possible to share the deal that you got as well, either here or directly to my email (praveen.kumar25@live.com).

Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 13:23   #197

Hi Schneller, I picked mine for Jai Auto (Okhla).

Quote:
Originally Posted by decible111 View Post
Hey, can you send the details of the dealer and the SA? I’m looking for one thanks. You can send me a message directly.

Hi, i wasn't able to get the PM option. I hope its ok posting the number here. Dealer is Arya Skoda. The number of the person is 9654066365 - Ish Kumar. I am also going to get my number plate to my dealer, I will check with him as well.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read theForum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 26th October 2020 at 08:35. Reason: Mod note attached.
saurabh_tan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 23:58   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by decible111 View Post
Thanks Pranav.

- The dealership is offering Rs 1,65,000 lakh discount on it.

Think it's a good deal (Insurance is also at 50k comprehensive)? Should I even consider it? Bargain more?
Hi

Firstly, as Pranav suggested, please check if you can find a good deal on a 'New' car. Personally, however, I do not mind a TD car as long as the mileage on it has been low, as in your case and as long as there is still 3.5 yrs of company warranty with possibility of further extension.

For the comparison, here in Hyderabad, a new car costs approximately 30 Lakhs on-road give or take. And on a TD car, they are offering close to 3 lakhs off (~27 L on-road). I was looking for Karoq in September and the SA called me a couple of days back to check if I was interested in picking up the TD car. I couldn't however, remember the mileage it had done but being in Hyderabad it would be a healthy number.

So, the point I am trying to drive is if it's a TD car, you could expect a much better deal.

--Kalyan
Old 26th October 2020, 02:26   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Hi

Firstly, as Pranav suggested, please check if you can find a good deal on a 'New' car. Personally, however, I do not mind a TD car as long as the mileage on it has been low, as in your case and as long as there is still 3.5 yrs of company warranty with possibility of further extension.

--Kalyan
It is actually time to congratulate him. He is soon going to take delivery of a brand new brown Karoq.
Us BHPians own quite a few of these limited 1,000 Karoqs in India.
Schneller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 10:54   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh_tan View Post
Hi Schneller, I picked mine for Jai Auto (Okhla).

Hi, i wasn't able to get the PM option. I hope its ok posting the number here. Dealer is Arya Skoda. The number of the person is 9654066365 - Ish Kumar. I am also going to get my number plate to my dealer, I will check with him as well.

Thanks, spoke to the SA, that car was sold on the same day. So no luck there, but thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Hi

For the comparison, here in Hyderabad, a new car costs approximately 30 Lakhs on-road give or take. And on a TD car, they are offering close to 3 lakhs off (~27 L on-road). I was looking for Karoq in September and the SA called me a couple of days back to check if I was interested in picking up the TD car. I couldn't however, remember the mileage it had done but being in Hyderabad it would be a healthy number.

So, the point I am trying to drive is if it's a TD car, you could expect a much better deal.

--Kalyan
Thanks Kalyan, took your advice. Anyway, I was not very keen on picking up White color. So with Pranav's help I was able to get a good price (28 on road) in Delhi. Booked it in Magnetic Brown. Also the financing options is good from Canara bank (@7.5%).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneller View Post
It is actually time to congratulate him. He is soon going to take delivery of a brand new brown Karoq.
Us BHPians own quite a few of these limited 1,000 Karoqs in India.
Thanks for the help Pranav. Let's plan a catch up soon with all the Karoq teambhp owners in Delhi . Or even better all teambhp members in NCR. Would be great to meet everyone.
decible111 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 21:25   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
Also yes, we took the maintenance package. It costed Rs 49,999 and covers all yearly services for 4 years. As per the sales team, each service would cost around 10-15K.
My family is considering buying a Karoq, but the dealer is not really budging with the price. Are there any particular discounts you asked for that we could try as well? The dealer has been sticking to the "No offers because of limited numbers" statement. We think the Karoq is a great car, but the price is a bit further north than we'd like.

Also, would you recommend the service package? We were told that each service would come to around 15k, so the package would save us 10k over 4 years, but if the service doesn't really come to that much (10-15k like you said), would it be worth it?
Thanks!
Francis
Old 10th November 2020, 23:10   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisvellara View Post
Are there any particular discounts you asked for that we could try as well? T

Also, would you recommend the service package?
Hi Francis
I hear many recent Karoq owners saying they have been getting good discounts on these final units of the Karoq. But sad to hear that your dealer isn't offering any such deals. From what I understand we can get few discounts in the form of corporate discount or loyalty bonus if you own any other VW Skoda car. Other than that Im not sure if the dealer can provide any discounts. Requesting other members here to comment if they received any other discounts other than the ones mentioned.

Regarding service package well I now think it isn't worth spending 49k. I was checking the Skoda Service calculator in the Skoda India website the other day and as per Skoda the total amount for the first 4 periodic services is coming only around Rs 37,000. Still we are paying around 12K more for the service package. One reason the service advisor gave was the cost of spares like Oil filter might increase in future and the service cost might go up so its better to take service package, which I found unconvincing. Even though I paid the 49k my advise would be skip the service package.
Mr.Perera is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 07:54   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
Regarding service package well I now think it isn't worth spending 49k. I was checking the Skoda Service calculator in the Skoda India website the other day and as per Skoda the total amount for the first 4 periodic services is coming only around Rs 37,000.
Speaking from Skoda ownership experience I wouldn't place too much faith in their online calculators. Atleast for the two Skoda service centers here in Mumbai - the minimum cost of a standard service was 16-18K even for the entry level Rapid. I know that as BHPians we can identify and remove the fluff, but a normal owner may not be able to. Always advisable to lock Skoda costs contractually! Or Zac Hollis may tell us to buy another car (as he did to a reviewer on Twitter)!
andafunda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 11:16   #204
BHPian

We took delivery of our Karoq a couple of days back. We got it in Candy White (it was the only colour available). We really like the car and it feels like a great (albeit slightly expensive) upgrade from our EcoSport.

I'd like to thank Mr.Perera for his wonderful review of the country's first Karoq. It was what introduced us to the Karoq and played a strong role in us buying it. Also, huge thanks to all BHPians who posted about their Karoqs here. As with our previous car buying decisions, Team-BHP played a big role in this one too.

Attaching a couple of pictures (pardon the quality, took them in a parking lot).
Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-karoq1.jpg
Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-karoq2.jpg
francisvellara is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 12:57   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We took delivery of our Karoq a couple of days back. We got it in Candy White (it was the only colour available).
Congratulations, white colour is a blessing in disguise!

Would be great if you could compare Ecosport and Karoq.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd November 2020 at 23:27. Reason: Typo.
androdev is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 13:31   #206
BHPian

Quote:
We took delivery of our Karoq a couple of days back. We got it in Candy White (it was the only colour available).
Attachment 2083330
Attachment 2083331
Congratulations Francis!
Did you manage to get any discounts on it finally? Or were they still not budging on the price?

And more importantly, any idea how many more are available and the colours? In the midst of shortlisting our new ride!
kung_foo_fanta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 17:16   #207
BHPian

Congratulations Mr.Perera. Happy that the first ever Karoq in India is at Thiruvananthapuram. Skoda still leaves nostalgic memories of of good old Eastern Europe. Components made it Hungary, Poland etc.

Great writing and clicks too.

Many thousand happy miles
das_ren_auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 21:45   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Congratulations, white colour is a blessing in disguise! Would be great if you could compare Ecosport and Karoq.
Thank you androdev! White definitely is a blessing in many ways. I will certainly try to make a short review of the car and compare it with the EcoSport!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung_foo_fanta View Post
Congratulations Francis!
Did you manage to get any discounts on it finally? Or were they still not budging on the price? And more importantly, any idea how many more are available and the colours? In the midst of shortlisting our new ride!
Thank you kung_foo_fanta! We did get a discount, but it was not much, especially compared to the >1.5L discounts that Jeep was offering on the Compass.

Regarding the availability, the Skoda dealer in Thrissur has closed, so we took the car from the only dealer in Kochi. Ours was one of the last two Karoqs there (the other one was also white). I'm not sure about other dealers in the state though.

Great to hear that you're considering the Karoq! Hope you get a good deal!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd November 2020 at 23:28. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
francisvellara is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 23:24   #209
BHPian

Quote:
We took delivery of our Karoq a couple of days back.
I'd like to thank Mr.Perera for his wonderful review of the country's first Karoq. It was what introduced us to the Karoq and played a strong role in us buying it.
Congrats Francis ! Wishing you lots of happy miles on the Karoq. So happy to know that I could help you on your purchase decision. Hoping to meet you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Congratulations Mr.Perera. Happy that the first ever Karoq in India is at Thiruvananthapuram. Skoda still leaves nostalgic memories of of good old Eastern Europe. Components made it Hungary, Poland etc.

Great writing and clicks too.

Many thousand happy miles
Thanks a lot !
Mr.Perera is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 15:23   #210
BHPian

Quote:
We took delivery of our Karoq a couple of days back. We got it in Candy White (it was the only colour available). We really like the car and it feels like a great (albeit slightly expensive) upgrade from our EcoSport.
Congratulations and enjoy the ride.
sagwal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed