Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2020, 17:36   #181
BHPian

Re: Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by balamd View Post
Folks,

I am trying to buy a new Karoq. The dealers have always been fussy to say only 1 car left in the stock (which i can live with) for pressure sakes. What I find annoying is that they are not giving me a choice of colors. For my preferred choice of color, I am being asked to wait 3-4 months.

Karoq has been well received by the Indian Markets and its a CBU at this moment.

What does one do - if you want a specific color?
I had the same kind of problem. I wanted the Magic black colour but it was sold out. Opted for Quartz Grey which is also very nice and didn’t make much of a difference. If grey wasn’t there, I wouldn’t have bought the car. Choose the colour of your liking. IMO you’d have to choose between white, brown and Grey for now. Also, if possible try putting down the booking for a specific colour. Increases your chances. The next time Karoq comes in won’t be CBU i guess. It’ll be a CKD. So if u want the Quality, go for it.
Schneller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 17:59   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

1. As others have pointed out, this is usually a pressure tactic. It is true that Karoq is in demand and lot of bookings have happened. This month and the later being festive months, I am sure a lot of prospective deliveries would have been scheduled. If a color of your choice is not available at the moment, it is possible that one of the existing booking/ delivery may get cancelled or postponed and might be offered to another customer. Keep good and warm relation with the Sales executive. And be in constant touch to him/ her. Do relook at the finance aspect and be pre-decided on how you are going to fund this so that given an opportunity, you can take it up promptly.

Booking for TRocs have also been stopped and I saw somewhere in news that all 1000 units imported under CBU were sold-off. However, I have recently been to a couple of Volkswagen dealers in Hyderabad to realize that near about 5-6 units are still available. So, its possible that post this festive season, around December some units may magically appear, however likelihood of all colors being available is low.

2. I am guessing they only have one Skoda dealer in Bangalore at the moment and you have already checked with them. Some TBHPians, esp Mr Prasad Athani was able to source his car from Pune to Bangalore. Yes, it involves some logistics and hassles (self-pay of Road tax and registration). If you think you are up to that, you can also think of that.

--Kalyan

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 13th October 2020 at 18:02.
kalyan_hyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 16:01   #183
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

I am trying to buy a new Karoq. The dealers have always been fussy to say only 1 car left in the stock (which i can live with) for pressure sakes. What I find annoying is that they are not giving me a choice of colors. For my preferred choice of color, I am being asked to wait 3-4 months.

Karoq has been well received by the Indian Markets and its a CBU at this moment.

I experienced the same with the only dealer in BLR. Pressure tactics of only '2 colors (brown & white) available', 'you have to book in 2 days if interested', 'huge demand hence no discounts' really put me down. For me experience from the dealership was more like this is what we can do, take it or leave it. Since it is an expensive purchase my suggestion is to wait for your choice as one need to be happy with every bit of it.
pms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 20:27   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
I experienced the same with the only dealer in BLR. Pressure tactics of only '2 colors (brown & white) available', 'you have to book in 2 days if interested', 'huge demand hence no discounts' really put me down.

Whattt I bought my Karoq from New Delhi, Got discount’s of 1.93 Lakh in total. This behaviour is absurd. And i have taken my car on the Start of October. This behaviour is really wierd but, it does help that there are 3 players in Delhi-NCR alone and if you see within a radius of 100Km, there are several more. This leads to great discounts. BLR i think because there’s a single dealer this problem happens. My Sales advisor also told me that they sell quite a few cars in Gujrat due to the dealer there not offering discounts.
Schneller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 23:20   #185
BHPian

Quote:
I experienced the same with the only dealer in BLR. Pressure tactics of only 'to wait for your choice as one need to be happy with every bit of it.
Sir, who said there is only one Skoda dealer in Bengaluru? Pls check TAFE showroom on St Marks road and PPS Skoda showroom on Bellary road. The old dealership has been taken over by PPS.
Simha.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 12:44   #186
BHPian

Quote:
I experienced the same with the only dealer in BLR. Pressure tactics of only '2 colors (brown & white) available', 'you have to book in 2 days if interested', 'huge demand hence no discounts' really put me down. For me experience from the dealership was more like this is what we can do, take it or leave it. Since it is an expensive purchase my suggestion is to wait for your choice as one need to be happy with every bit of it.
Hi - definitely it is a pressure tactic. I booked my car in the month of August and the Skoda dealer in Blr did not offer any discounts other than the Loyalty bonus of 25000/- (since I had a yeti) A week later I got the same car for a discount of 1.45 lakh from Pune. Yes hassles are there but IMO at this discount any hassle is worth it. PPS had not opened during this time but I am sure in Bangalore Skoda is offering very less discounts.

I always thought that the Karoq was over-priced by 2-3 lakhs and this discount just makes the Karoq a lot more VFM.
prasadathani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 14:26   #187
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simha.k View Post
Sir, who said there is only one Skoda dealer in Bengaluru? Pls check TAFE showroom on St Marks road and PPS Skoda showroom on Bellary road. The old dealership has been taken over by PPS.
You are right. PPS seems to have opened their dealership 3 months back as they took over earlier Vinayak Skoda near Palace Grounds.
I was earlier interacting with TAFE dealership in HSR layout as thats the closest one for me.
Though I reached out to PPS skoda yesterday, their SA is yet to come back to me. I dont think they would offer something different from TAFE as per my initial conversation, but let me see what they propose.
pms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 22:53   #188

Hi All,

Its my first post, so please excuse any errors. This thread has helped me and my wife zero down and buy the Karoq. So a big thank you to all bhpians who posted their experiences which helped us in our decision making. We took delivery on the 06th October. We have had to compromise on the colour as well. We booked the Lava Blue and had to settle for a Quartz Grey because we got a whole set of reasons of the blue not being available. To the extent we were told that we maynot get the car at all if we chose not to take delivery of the vehicle. The other options were white and brown, which have been offered to another member as well. We would have canceled our booking if we were forced to pick these colours. The reason we were given was that the vehicles were stuck at the "port" and the Company was unable to confirm the status of the vehicles.

However, the dealership was open to offer a few goodies to ease off the compromise. Delivery was seamless, the mats and the navigation card were made available at the time of delivery.

However, my wife has a peculiar problem with pivoting her foot while driving. Due to the placement of the brake pedal the way it is in the Karoq. The only possible resolution offered was to get custom made mats to increase the height of the footwell by 1.5 inches. We have done that but it has set us back by almost 14,000. A problem I feel Skoda should have addressed. Please let me know if anyone of you faced this issue as well.

Incidently, today we received a call from another dealer, who had initially told us that the Karoq was sold out sometime end of September, that he has a Lava Blue now if we were interested. Let me know if anyone needs the contact details of the dealer.

Apart from the pivoting issue, we have enjoyed our drive till now, the auto dimming side mirrors are god sent, its just so much easier to drive with those. Will definitely need some help getting around some features and will reach out for that.

Last edited by ajmat : 22nd October 2020 at 06:56. Reason: typo
Old 23rd October 2020, 13:41   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh_tan View Post
Incidently, today we received a call from another dealer, who had initially told us that the Karoq was sold out sometime end of September, that he has a Lava Blue now if we were interested. Let me know if anyone needs the contact details of the dealer.
Hey, can you send the details of the dealer and the SA? I’m looking for one thanks. You can send me a message directly.

Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 18:25   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by decible111 View Post
Hey, can you send the details of the dealer and the SA? I’m looking for one thanks. You can send me a message directly.

Thanks
We cant PM you due to the “newbie” level. Theres one magnetic brown available with my SA.
Contact Details of SA - Mr. Rohit Anand - +91 96500 63424

Take my Reference. - Pranav Chaudhary

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh_tan View Post
Hi All,

However, the dealership was open to offer a few goodies to ease off the compromise. Delivery was seamless, the mats and the navigation card were made available at the time of delivery.
Sir can you please share your Dealer Name? I haven’t recieved my mats since 20+ days in New Delhi.

Last edited by ajmat : 23rd October 2020 at 18:59.
Schneller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 18:51   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneller View Post
We cant PM you due to the “newbie” level. Theres one magnetic brown available with my SA.
Contact Details of SA - Mr. Rohit Anand - +91 96500 63424

Take my Reference. - Pranav Chaudhary
Thanks Pranav.

There is a development on Karoq front, while driving today from Himachal to Delhi today, I stopped at a Skoda showroom on the highway and enquired about Karoq. Like others, they have also run out of Karoqs, but they offered me the TD vehicle they have, in white color, it has done 1460kms, since may.
- The dealership is offering Rs 1,65,000 lakh discount on it.
- I took a test drive, it drove well. Didn't see any other issue as well
- It is not registered yet. So will be a new registration
- Not selling the essential kit now as it is not available, will only charge when they get it and will get it delivered. They are still giving me pillows, coat hangers, dust bin etc free of cost.

Flip side: -
- The company warranty has already started in May 2020 (the moment the car was allotted to the dealership as a Test drive vehicle) so I won't get full 4 years. There is an option to extend it later by 2 years/50,000 kms
- As a TD car, it is not eligible for Maintenance package
- Abused during TD? I was told that they didn't do many TDs and what they did was on the highway only. While taking the TD today, it couldn't find anything odd, broken, misused.

Think it's a good deal (Insurance is also at 50k comprehensive)? Should I even consider it? Bargain more?
decible111 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 19:12   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Abused during TD? I was told that they didn't do many TDs and what they did was on the highway only. While taking the TD today, it couldn't find anything odd, broken, misused.
If you are looking to buy Karoq , then I think you may consider it. Abuse during TDs is overhyped I think, could happen but not always. So you are taking chances but you would have a warranty for another 3+ years and could also extend it further.

I would ask for additional 50k discount i.e. 1.65+50 and first year service free . All the best!

Last edited by Aditya : 24th October 2020 at 04:47. Reason: Trimming quoted text
hondafanboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 19:23   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Pranav.

Think it's a good deal (Insurance is also at 50k comprehensive)? Should I even consider it? Bargain more?
My Deal was 28 Lakhs on Road Delhi
Included NEW Car - Quartz Grey Colour
Elite Insurance
Accesories Kit
Maintenance package

So you can see for yourself. Brown is with my dealer you can enquire about what deal you can get.
Schneller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 19:46   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneller View Post
My Deal was 28 Lakhs on Road Delhi
Included NEW Car - Quartz Grey Colour
Elite Insurance
Accesories Kit
Maintenance package

So you can see for yourself. Brown is with my dealer you can enquire about what deal you can get.
What's the name of this dealer? I have spoken to almost all, haven't had any success with any discounts/freebies (Insurance, logistics & essential kits are, they make any concessions.
Old 23rd October 2020, 19:56   #195
BHPian

Quote:
What's the name of this dealer? I have spoken to almost all, haven't had any success with any discounts/freebies (Insurance, logistics & essential kits are, they make any concessions.
Arya Skoda. Moti Nagar, New Delhi.

You can also mail me personally at pranavliberty@gmail.com if you require help.
Schneller is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks