Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2021, 18:11   #31
BHPian

Re: Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)

Congrats on the car @procrj! I've read your review not once, but over and over. Brique looks gorgeous in that shade of Auburn red and can't help ogling at her!

I really wish that the S Cross was available in the range of colours that the Ciaz and XL6 are available in.

The captain seats of the XL6 is extremely good and the ergonomics are spot on. That is something that Marutis are best at!

And the icing on the cake is the K15 engine. One of the last breeds of the otherwise dying 4 cylinder uber refined NA engines. An absolute gem and delight to drive. The engine is surprisingly fuel efficient too even when driven hard!

You've got yourself and your family a perfect all round package. Keep her and cherish all those miles to come!
advenk999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 18:29   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
7.9.4 Damping
Definetly plan to invest in door and floor damping to improve sound quality and try and reduce ingress of noise.
Congratulations! Damp both the inner and outer skins of the door panels and over the wheel wheels in the cabin.
kpkeerthi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 19:07   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceHorse View Post
Congratulations on your new car, and wish you many happy miles ahead.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
I am very happy with the performance of Tyres so far. I wish you also many happy miles.
Good to know that the tyres are doing their job without any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antriksh View Post
Congrats on your purchase @procrj. Wishing you many happy miles with the Brique.
thanks antriksh.

Quote:
Wanted to check with you how good is the under thigh and lower back support in the driver seat and 2nd row seats especially during long journeys.
No complaints about underthigh support (except the 3rd row) but lumbar support is not sufficient. You will need to look at additional pillows or something similar for lumbar support.

Quote:
Also, do the 3rd row seats fold fully or do they have a 50:50 split fold?
Third row seats can be folded individualy, hence 50:50 split.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit1609 View Post
Could you tell what was the cost of Manatec internal TPMS?
I paid 6.5K for the complete set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Hey Man, lovely review, you definitely have a way with words. I also like that you didn't go the standard white route, the shine definitely comes out in the red and the car looked classy in the twisties shots.
Thanks Stribog.

Quote:
That being said, I just damped my Seltos and trust me, it makes a huge huge difference in cutting out and improving NVH. You might want to consider it.
I am definetly going ahead with damping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advenk999 View Post
Congrats on the car @procrj! I've read your review not once, but over and over. Brique looks gorgeous in that shade of Auburn red and can't help ogling at her!
Thanks advenk999

Quote:
And the icing on the cake is the K15 engine. One of the last breeds of the otherwise dying 4 cylinder uber refined NA engines. An absolute gem and delight to drive. The engine is surprisingly fuel efficient too even when driven hard!
Agree with you on the Engine refninement and driveablity. Do plan to hold onto it for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
Congratulations! Damp both the inner and outer skins of the door panels and over the wheel wheels in the cabin.
Thanks kpkeerthi. Plan to damp where ever possible.

Last edited by procrj : 13th July 2021 at 19:08.
procrj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 20:23   #34
BHPian

Many Congratulations Procrj! Wish you long trouble free miles association with Brique . After Leoshashi, I have another distinguished Bhpian to bug with XL6 nerdy questions. All the best!
MadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 14:48   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the new XL6! It looks lovely in the red color you have chosen. Your pictures of the car on the backdrop of the green hills are fantastic.

And what a wonderful review! Thank you for taking time to write this detailed review. And looking forward to seeing regular updates from you on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I was enjoying the TUV and had no plans of replacing the same until 2023-24. But then things took a turn for the worse and I decided that it was time to look for a replacement. More details on my TUV ownership thread. The seed of an idea was planted and I decided that it was time to upgrade to a more reliable machine.
I am a big fan of your TUV thread. Your TUV thread was a treasure trove of information about driving routes, locations and ideas for weekend drives. I have taken many weekend drive ideas by reading your TUV thread :-)

I am sure your XL6 thread will continue this legacy of fantastic pictures and inspirational travel stories. I am for sure looking forward to your XL6 pictures from now on.

Wish you many thousands of happy miles on this car.
Dr.AD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 19:42   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
Many Congratulations Procrj!
Thanks MadTiger. Do share details of how your XL6 is performing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Congratulations on the new XL6! It looks lovely in the red color you have chosen. Your pictures of the car on the backdrop of the green hills are fantastic.
Thanks a lot Dr. AD

Quote:
Your TUV thread was a treasure trove of information about driving routes, locations and ideas for weekend drives. I have taken many weekend drive ideas by reading your TUV thread :-)
The plan is to continue to post routes and trips updates as and when I can. We should seriously start planning our "Red Trip" sometime in September. I have a few routes & locations that I have been thinking about, will connect offline.
Old 14th July 2021, 21:32   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Congratulations on the new ride. I have always thought that the XL6 looks the best in Auburn Red. Your car looks absolutely gorgeous and completely corroborates that thought. It's a shame that most of the XL6s on the road are White/Blue/Grey.

On a side note, do not forget to raise the high beams a bit by playing with the aiming screw (as elaborated in Leoshashi's thread). The high beams are aimed excessively low from the factory (to reduce glare towards oncoming traffic perhaps?) and hence make matters worse. Raising them helps a lot. Also, if you find a solution to the useless-in-rain headlight problem, do share it with us. The entire XL6 fraternity would be happy.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 09:03   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
Congratulations on the new ride. I have always thought that the XL6 looks the best in Auburn Red. Your car looks absolutely gorgeous and completely corroborates that thought.
Thanks sierrrabravo. It would be good if MSIL adds a slightly brighter red to the color options available, like the Red available on the mitsubushi expander With some well done black claddding, it would look drop dead goregous.

Name:  mexp.PNG
Views: 2064
Size:  964.3 KB
Pic credits - https://www.zigwheels.my/new-cars/mi...xpander/images

Quote:
On a side note, do not forget to raise the high beams a bit by playing with the aiming screw (as elaborated in Leoshashi's thread).
Need to find a dark corner to play around with the aiming screw and adjust high beams.

Quote:
Also, if you find a solution to the useless-in-rain headlight problem, do share it with us. The entire XL6 fraternity would be happy.
Looks like rain/fog issue is not limited to XL6 and is a problem across cars with LED headlamps in the <40L budget. Right now I dont plan to change anything but I have started thinking about replacing the LED fog lamps with a good pair of halogen fog lamps.
procrj is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 10:26   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Heartiest congratulations for the Brique RJ. Was waiting for the name that you would give for this new acquisition of yours eagerly along with the detailed ownership review too.

Today, in that budget, leave it or take it, there is absolutely no denial to state the fact that XL6 is one of the most value for money MPVs. A lot of my friends are on a car buying spree and 2 of them picked up the XL6 in the last 1 year mainly due to the value proposition they got.

The space management for all 3 rows is definitely a lot better and easily comparable to many 6/7 seaters in the market from the higher segment and that remains a fact. The other solid factor in favor of the XL6 are the wide captain seats that are so comfortable for those highway runs. They are designed really well.

The other plus point for the XL6 is a reasonably acceptable boot size that is practical too, with that parcel area underneath that itself can gobble few duffle bags easily. All this with a functional 3rd row without folding.

I wish you just one thing - Some amazing driving and ownership experience while you forget the niggles and reliability issues from this one. Looking forward to regular updates on this one.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 16:58   #40
BHPian

Quote:
7.2 Manatec Internal TPMS
Leoshashi had informed me that Manatec will be launching a new version of the TMPS that he is currently using and I reached out to Manatec via their website in the last week of March. They got in touch with me the next day, shared details of the product along with pricing. After a couple of days, I placed the order with them over Whatsapp and the product was delivered to me in 3 days. Overall a very easy no hassle process. Few pics of the product.
Can you share your experience with the product and pricing?
Old 16th July 2021, 18:22   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I wish you just one thing - Some amazing driving and ownership experience while you forget the niggles and reliability issues from this one. Looking forward to regular updates on this one.
Thanks Parag. Hoping that someday I can take this car up North

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketan007 View Post
Can you share your experience with the product and pricing?
Been a month and the the TPMS has been working fine. All sensors show +2 PSI when compared against fairly accurate measurement devices. I paid 6.5K for the complete package.
Old 18th July 2021, 14:44   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

It has been a month with the car, hence decided to wash off all the mud and dirt from the previous trip. Post wash, the claddings looked a little dull hence wiped them down with some ONR and coated them with some Optimum Opti Seal as Opti Seal worked well on TUV cladding and black plastics.

Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-xl5.jpg

Didn’t drive the car much last week hence decided to go for a quick breakfast drive. It was a very lazy start given the rainy weather in BLR and I was in two minds w/r/t direction to take - Ghati or Nandi. Decided to head towards Nandi and spent some time driving around the hills. Few pics of the car and hills.

Who needs the western ghats
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-h1.jpg
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-h2.jpg

Quiet contemplation
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-xl4.jpg
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-xl3.jpg
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-xl2.jpg
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-xl1.jpg
procrj is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 09:47   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Trip Update
Headed out to Chikkamagaluru once again last week but did not drive much around CKM due to various reasons. On the way to CKM, I ended up pushing the car and I was consistently doing 120-130 kmph on empty roads with some hard acceleration. The car is quiet stable but the brakes do not really inspire confidence to drive at 125 kmph speeds for sustained durations. Return journey was a much more sedate ~100 kmph speeds which actually feel like 70 kmph in the car. On the whole, not much to complain about with the machine and Odo stands at 2400 kms.

Upgrades
7.9 Door Sil and Edge protection
Decided to get this from 3M as I had the same on the TUV and they held up very well to all kinds of abuse. Drove in to 3M Ashwat Nagar after talking to Ravi on phone and ended up waiting a bit as they were packed with cars. They did a good job of installing the PPF on OVRMs, Running board, Door edges and Door handle slots. Total cost was 7.1K, which is quiet steep but I rationalized it as a 5-6 year investment and decided to go ahead with the same.

7.10 Hella Chrome Horns
Stock horns were turning out to be very ineffective on the highways and hence had ordered a pair of Hella Chrome mid July. I was planning to reach out to Shashi/Parag for details around the install and things to consider but then Shashi posted this DIY, which answered my questions. It was quiet an easy swap in the end and I was able to complete the same in ~40 min. Struggled a bit with the suzuki logo panel clips but then a soft tap from the inside of the panel ensured that it came out without any issues.

Apologies for the bad pic - lighting wasnt great.
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-hella.jpg

As highlighted by Shashi in this post (My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review), the Hella mount is a little flimsy and I did think of using the OEM mounts when changing the horns, but OEM mount was screwed on tight and wouldn’t budge. Will try to get them out later and remount horns the right way.

Overall, very happy with the car and hoping to get in a few more upgrades over the weekend
procrj is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 19:13   #44
BHPian

Hi Procrj, can you give me more details of Lakshmi Yoko (address or Google maps location) so that I can speak to Mr.Devaraj and get a good deal on the tyres.
Also some info on Essar Auto would help, I can see quite a lot on maps, which one do you prefer? Do we have to visit them and order the part or will a phone call do and then go pick up (can save one trip)
Could you also tell me where do you plan to get the engine Bottom cover fixed? I’m planning to order one as soon as my delivery is confirmed..
Also if you’ve found someone who can fix the Auto Dimming IRVM would help, I’m not a DIY guy, yet.
Any info would be quite helpful.
Old 31st July 2021, 21:14   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Taurus View Post
Also some info on Essar Auto would help, I can see quite a lot on maps, which one do you prefer? Do we have to visit them and order the part or will a phone call do and then go pick up (can save one trip)
Do give a call/message to Mr. Puneet P of Essarr Automotive at 7795364944. He is an enthusiast himself and will help you out in every way.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 31st July 2021 at 21:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks