Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2023, 23:50   #61

Re: Review: 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA (H247)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
I wonder why this thread is so sparce??!! Just two owners in two years!! (Not counting Magnus3737's AMG)

I have taken four test drives of the GLA in last one month. Twice with the GLA 220d and twice with the GLA 220d 4Matic. The last one was with my wife in the passenger seat of the 4Matic. It has ticked all the necessary boxes for me, including my wife getting blown by the interior and the comfort. For reference, I currently drive a Seltos GTX DCT with 1.4TGDi engine.

Drove the BMW X1 and rejected it outright. It just does not have the performance expected of a BMW. You can find my test drive review in the BMW X1 thread.

Audi has been absolutely non responsive. So dropped Q3 from the list. Anyways wasn't keen on Audi.

Will test drive the XC40 in a couple of days. However, I have my doubts if I will fall for it over the GLA 4Matic. Performance and feature comparisons aside, the difference between the warranty and service network of Mercedes and Volvo is already putting me off about the XC40.

Decision will be made by this weekend. Will keep fellow GLA admirers / owners posted.

I think the 220d 4matic is a good choice. I am completing almost a year with my car. I can say the interior and the features are amazing for the segment. Non RFT so ride is better. I think the extended warranty and service package costs are more reasonable compared to BMW( engine and transmission is already covered 8years by Mercedes ). The car is compact enough for daily city use and easy to park. As expected faced no ground clearance issues on all the countryside drives i have done so far.

Mercedes after sales so far has been brilliant for the minor issues like a tyre replacement ( punctured with a protruding rod on a bad section ). Both Auto hanger mumbai and Sundaram Bangalore are very prompt and professional in all matters.
magnus3737 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 16:31   #62
BHPian

Booked the GLA 220d 4Matic in Denim Blue!!!

It finally came down to comparison between two cars - the GLA 220d 4Matic and the Vovo XC40 B4. Did a thorough comparison after extensive test drive of both cars. Attached is my analysis for anyone who may be interested. The greens are positives. The deeper the green, the more is the weightage in my assessment. Oranges are negatives.

While the XC40 felt VERY SOLID, the drive wasn't very comforting. I felt like I was driving a heavy car. The accelerations were linear, but not sporty (It just can't throw you back in your seat). The car ticks a lot of boxes, but it was finally a few things that put it out of contention:
1. Warranty - 2 + 3yrs max, vs 3 + 3 for the GLA with 8 yrs std on Engine, Transmission and ECU
2. Service Network - Volvo has one service center in MMR and 4 in entire Maharashtra. Mercedes has 10 in MMR itself (One in Thane which is walking distance from my place)
3. Very poor backseat comfort of the XC40 - the seat is too low, too upright and has very poor under thai support.
4. My wife was feeling warm in the backseat even when both zones up front were set to 21C.

I will take delivery of the GLA at the end of Sept or early October.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Comparison-GLA220D4Matic-XC40B4.xlsx (19.0 KB, 101 views)
biplab3110 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 11:43   #63

Now for our GLA 220D, purchased on 2nd May2023, A service was done after completing 15kms. Overall the driving experience has been superb and touch wood, there are no complaints so far. As I have purchased a service pack, TVS Chennai (SA - Hemanth Reddy) undertook the service and I was pleasantly surprised when they gave me zero bill ( I was expecting (suspecting), that the service station would charge a few thousand for somethings purportedly not covered under the service contract). The servicing was excellent and the car is back to initial delivery condition. Almost 15k kms out of 16k kms clocked so far were driven by my wife and she is happy. The vehicle returned 19kmpl overall.
Old 16th October 2023, 18:01   #64

Just booked the GLA 220d in Mountain Grey. We got a good deal and a corporate discount which took the sting off the 60L price tag.

The car looks to be in stock and we should be able to take delivery in the next few weeks.
Old 16th October 2023, 18:25   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
I wonder why this thread is so sparce??!! Just two owners in two years!! (Not counting Magnus3737's AMG)

Will test drive the XC40 in a couple of days. However, I have my doubts if I will fall for it over the GLA 4Matic. Performance and feature comparisons aside, the difference between the warranty and service network of Mercedes and Volvo is already putting me off about the XC40.

Decision will be made by this weekend. Will keep fellow GLA admirers / owners posted.

XC40 is already a generation too old compared to the BMW, Merc and Audi. It was decent at launch but doesn't make much sense to buy it these days, unless you are going for the explosive EV version.

The GLA diesel is a great car. It gets the same 2.0L engine as the C class diesel instead of the renault engines in the petrol variant as well as the A class sedan. I had test driven and was quite smitted by it for a while and written reviews here too I think.
It's just that the 60L+ price tag is hard to digest. A few years ago, you could easily get a C class for less than 50L.

Also, there are quite a lot of great cars from mainstream brands these days so I think most enthusiasts are finding it hard to justify splurging on the entry level luxury brands.

So don't worry about the lack of owners in this thread. It's not because the car is bad.

Last edited by Cresterk : 16th October 2023 at 18:32.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 18:38   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
It's just that the 60L+ price tag is hard to digest. A few years ago, you could easily get a C class for less than 50L.
I settled for Audi Q3 Technology. With 190BHp, 320NM of torque and the Quatro AWD, it is nearly as potent a drive as the GLA 220d 4M. However, the GLA is 15L costlier than the Q3 - very hard to digest. Plus, I did not want to get tied to a diesel vehicle with uncertainty around any change in long term Diesel policy from the government.
biplab3110 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 23:46   #67
BHPian

Anyone has any update when the facelift gla is coming to india? I have heard from showroom guys they are expecting the new cars from feb/march but they have no clue on what changes will be there, anyone has any information?
Old 17th January 2024, 08:01   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
Anyone has any update when the facelift gla is coming to india? I have heard from showroom guys they are expecting the new cars from feb/march but they have no clue on what changes will be there, anyone has any information?
I heard march tentatively. Updates expected
-facelift (revised headlights, taillights, small changes in the bumper)
-upgraded mbux (ntg7) basically it will have wireless auto/carplay and plus they will be full screen on the 10.25 inch screen
-interior trackpad and palm rest will be replaced by a simple cubby and buttons
- price expected to increase

Mod Note: Our Mercedes GLA Facelift Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Omkar : 30th January 2024 at 11:47.
superutp is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks