Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2007, 23:09   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
The Vitara was wheel spinning in every wheel even with all time 4wd.

Godfather

No it wasnt. Only half of that 4WD system was functional. So you'd have seen the driven 2 wheels - the stepney and another wheel spin.
Old 25th May 2007, 09:19   #122
BHPian

mag the 4wd was completely functional on the vitara and it still is but the stepny was there only for the show, the rim had completely cracked, by the way godfather everyone tends to unleash the beast in them and with a 2.7l v6 should i not be unleashing the beast, but the story with the sx4 is different cos u know of the reasons and conditions, but i still agree with you that i do push the pedel to the floor......... but given city driving i do tend to stay very calm and not cross 50/60kmph even on empty streches but the scene would be different when i am in a real hurry........... K having said this i am off to prep my 2 innovas, the aveo and the sx4 for a week's drive to chikamagular, headed there on some work and holiday with my folks will get back and write more of the car....
Old 26th May 2007, 16:49   #123

Sometime Earlier I had written about my Test drive report of SX4.I had suspicion that there was some problem with the Test drive vehicle.I had written in my reviews that the vehicle was grossly under powered.But I will have to eat my own words!Took Test drive of another sx4 today from BIMAL motors.The vehicle has a good power delivery.A very decent one.Probably my earlier test drive vehicle had some issues.I would recommend this car over honda city.It is real value for money.Thinking of going for it!
Old 26th May 2007, 20:44   #124
Senior - BHPian

go for it, but go with RNS motors if you want prompter delivery. the wait is too high with others.
Old 26th May 2007, 20:47   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
go for it, but go with RNS motors if you want prompter delivery. the wait is too high with others.
Not sure of the waiting period but do get in touch with maclaren1885.. he has some contacts in RNS. maybe he can help

Godfather
Old 26th May 2007, 22:13   #126
Senior - BHPian

well i m getting my car mostly in another 10 days. the same copper i loved so much. and at thsi time changing dealers will be suicidal. so peace and a small wait!!
Old 27th May 2007, 00:16   #127
BHPian

Drove this the other day, and was deeply impressed!

Finally Maruti has some jazz in it! The power was awesome, The climate control system was excellent, and so was the audio player (they should have given a better display unit! - it doesnt show full file names and no id3 tags support!) ground clearance and tyres are awesome, and so are the big side mirrors!

Drawbacks:

1. Side mirror switch could be better
2. Door handles ( on the outside) aint no good!
3. Power window switches seem too delicate!
4. Audio unit display could have been better, and shud have id3 support.

overall i found the car just perfect for the indian conditions, couldnt have asked for more!
Old 27th May 2007, 00:58   #128
Senior - BHPian

A friend TD'ed the SX4 today while I had a front seat passenger experience. He's to decide between the Cedia and SX4 soon. Came to the dealer in my Cedia and well the TD facilitator was more interested in my Cedia Sports than selling the SX4 :P. Anyway here were some of the findings of my friend who's tested my Cedia a bit now...

Positives:
1) Maruti Service
2) Cheaper Parts
3) Awesome alloys and huge tyres.
4) Really good pricing
5) Huge boot - lots of space
6) Gearbox seems slicker than the mitsu gearbox.

Negatives:
1) Steering wheel was really hard compared to the butter smooth PS in the Cedia. The sales guy says hydraulic PS will always be smoother than electronic PS. Is this true?
2) NVH of the SX4 is really horrible, especially at low RPMs. Almost feels like a diesel.
3) The car doesn't have enough of low end torque and needs frequent gear shifts in city traffic.
4) Integrated Music System is boomy and poor sounding compared to the standard Blaupunkt MP46 + Speakers on the Cedia, inspite of extra tweeters.
5) Climate Controlled AC doesnt cool well without getting really loud. The Cedia AC at lowest setting at zero noise cools better than this at the highest setting with it blasting away.
6) The pillars of the front quarter glass obstructs the driver's view pretty badly.
7) The driver's seating position is not that comfortable.

Anyway the decision was mostly made... the Cedia is a better driver's car hands down.
Old 27th May 2007, 18:03   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Anyway the decision was mostly made... the Cedia is a better driver's car hands down.
Yes it is! Its the Lancer genes which do it!!

And the Civic is much better driver's car than the City....Why compare two different segments!

I wouldnt touch ANY C segment car if I had D segment money!!
Old 28th May 2007, 13:03   #130
Senior - BHPian

what size tyres does the vxi come with ?/
Old 28th May 2007, 13:04   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
what size tyres does the vxi come with ?/

195/65-15. and heres some words.
Old 28th May 2007, 13:19   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A
1) Steering wheel was really hard compared to the butter smooth PS in the Cedia. The sales guy says hydraulic PS will always be smoother than electronic PS. Is this true?
I always thought EPS was more smoother over a HPS. According to my knowledge, HPS provides better feedback, while EPS is really bad at it. EPS makes for easier city driving though.
Old 28th May 2007, 14:29   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Negatives:
I think thats a crap from the sales guy. EPS is like joy stick(or is it not?!?!), how can that be rough. I did a SX4 TD, the steering was smooth. Well in my opinion there was no friction or weight at all at the steering. May be that is an after effect of driving corsa for years.

Its bad that such a big car, with such big wheels has an eps. I went over a big bump in ORR without applying brake. I didn't feel a thing at steering. Very good suspension and GC though.
Old 28th May 2007, 14:33   #134
Senior - BHPian

^^The steering on the TD car was definitely hard... or maybe both me and my friend got spoiled driving the Cedia.
Old 28th May 2007, 14:36   #135
BHPian

Quote:
I think its other way round

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks