Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2022, 23:20   #1
BHPian

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review

Buying a new car is never an easy decision. I envy those who knows what they want, and then there is us, cross shopping all body styles between 3 segments.

PS: There are many legends here who writes their Ownership review so well including proverbs and analogies, I'm a vanilla writer but will try to cover the recommended aspects

Car I currently own is 2016 Vento TSI 1.2 Highline - Reflex Silver (45k kms driven). So, TSI engine and DSG gearbox is a known territory for me. Touchwood - no horror breakdown experiences.

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-img_1927.jpg

Need for a second car was driven by return to the offices and a "want" of a feature rich luxury car. I did not limit my choices based on the car size OR body style as I knew my Vento is going to be the beater car. Love my Vento but long term ownership of her some other day

MY KODIAQ SPORTLINE Review-

Let me start with What I DISLIKE -

1- After driving a Vento in the city for 6 years, driving a Kodiaq is a task. Though it doesn't feel big on a highway, it sure is a task maneuvering Kodiaq in city traffic.
2- Tiguan felt relatively quicker in acceleration even though 0-100 is claimed faster on the Kodiaq
3- No TPMS - so silly from SKODA to not offer this on a 44lac car (Tiguan and Kodiaq L&K has it)
4- DQ381 Wet Clutch behaves the same way as my DQ200 in Vento. Jerky and confused at low speeds even in Normal and Eco mode. Don't even bother driving it in Sports mode in City traffic
5- No hill descent control / off-road mode (Tiguan and Kodiaq L&K has it)
6- No lever in the boot to fold down middle seat.
7- Folding and unfolding the last row of seats is annoying - you first have to slightly slide the middle seat to the front and reduce the recline angle. And then undo what you did after you lift the last row
8- Automatic Climate control turns the air re-circulation mode "OFF". In city drives with pollution, I prefer it to be "ON" and that means Auto Climate control has to be off. Even my Vento allows Auto mode with air re-circulation "ON'
9- Under the bonnet, wire harness of battery and headlights are exposed (picture attached at the bottom)
10- Auto tilt ORVM while reversing works sometimes and doesn't work the other times (fair to say 50% of the times). And when it works, it refuses to come back to its normal angle when put on the D mode - making it worse while parking. So decided to turn the setting off completely
11- Wireless charger is useless. Even in an hour journey with CarPlay on, it charges less than 10% and makes the phone very hot. Didn't use it after 3-4 similar results
12- In our Indian parking / Mumbai parking condition - Park assist never works
13- Reverse camera quality is strictly average. I don't even bother to look and ok to rely on parking sensors
14- Alcantara seats - It does look classy, but attract lint's, dust, hair and making it visible. High maintenance, but if you can keep it clean, it looks classier than L&K cabin. Unless there is a liquid stain - takes only 2-3 min of cleaning after every drive.
15- Nit-picking but all my attempts have failed to stick an idol on the dashboard. Soft touch dashboard are really repellant to even the 3m double sided stickers
16- Can not figure out a way to mount an iPad holder for second row seats - thanks to sport seats in the front.
17- Placement of START / STOP button should have been changed with this facelift.

What I LIKE

1- Looks - I love every time I approach it OR see it on the road. Since 2017, I've been a fan of how the Kodiaq looks and owning it is a VERY special feeling. I can easily spend long time just drooling over the looks (many pics attached later in the thread)
2- The engine gearbox combination is just lovely to drive on highways. Its quick and smooth
3- Suspension on the SPORTLINE has a balanced tuning for city and highways. Ride feels compliant at high speeds and acceptable at low speeds.
4- No rattles what so ever! These CKD units are assembled by top skilled people. Pothole, sudden speedbumps, rubble strips - nothing creates a rattle of any kind. Now that's true German.
5- The reassuring thud is next level compared to my Vento
6- Touch and feel of materials used inside the cabin screams luxury
7- Music system - Oh man! Adjust the equalizer to your liking before you make your judgement - It will be even more amazing!
8- Love the way how classy Alcantara sports seats looks (its in my DISLIKE section for another reason).
9- Awesome looking Alloys - better looking than L&K
10- Noise insulation - Cabin insulates you really well from the outside.
11-Third row is not useless after all. It is my daughter's favorite spot when the second row has 2 people already. Have even attached a picture at the bottom on how comfortable she feels
12- Swipe gesture for boot works every time - literally. Was really handy on our trips to shopping mall and the Ikea.
13- Headlights - Auto headlamps are new for me, but works like a charm. Throw is very impressive and night drives are no longer an issue
14- Breaking ability - There was a time I had to break hard at around 80km/hr and it sure felt safe
15- Mileage is better than I expected. In the last 200+ KMS since refueling, Avg speed has been 19km/h and Avg is 8.2kmpl (picture attached below)
16- Ingress and Egress for my mom is no longer an issue

HOW DID I END UP BUYING A KODIAQ SPORTLINE

Cars I shortlisted and didn't buy

SKODA Kushaq 1.5L Style:

Love the - Looks, rear seating comfort, combination of 1.5 TSI motor with the DSG, music system, fairly kitted
Then why not - Coming from a 6 year old Vento, materials inside the cabin did not impress me. Also, started seeing reports of niggles on Team-BHP from members who owned it. So dropped it.

Kia Seltos 1.4 DCT GTX Plus:

Love the - Cabin quality, sound system, All black interiors, seating position, stylish looks
Then why not - No, its not the crash rating - I made peace with it before shortlisting. It is the DCT, which was no match my VW Vento's DSG. I felt the excitement of buying a new car may not last very long with this one. So dropped it.

Jeep Compass Diesel Model (S)

Love the - Body style, timeless design, Interior quality, music system, 4X4 kit, handling, Black interior, 360 camera quality and the list goes on. This one came very close to buying. Was also offered 2.5lac discount on all colors
Then why not - No, it wasn't the Automatic gearbox. It is the rattling issue. What bugs me the most while driving are the rattles. Even when those thermos bottles rubs against the hard plastics, I surround it by the microfiber cloth. Car I test drove was 8k driven but was rattling from every direction. SA mentioned it recently was taken for an off-road campaign, I'm like, so? He invited me to the showroom and offered me to test drive a new car. And I did, even though rattling was lesser but was clearly audible coming from the dashboard. This was also proven from many posts from the owners here on Team-BHP. Hence dropped. I really wanted to like the Jeep

At this point, we had already crossed our budget of 30lacs. An intense discussion in the family, and my lot of convincing, we raised it by another 15 for the Fortuner. Convincing was substantiated by resale value.

Toyota Fortuner 4X4 AT Diesel

Love the - Butch Looks, Badge reliability, Fortuner image, 4X4 capability, Black interiors, Resale value, sorry but that is pretty much it!
Why not - I took 3 test drives, and every time I felt tired at the end of those 20kms drives. The hard steering, bumpy ride, minimalistic interiors with no special feeling really pushed me away from it. Even those rumble strips on the road felt like a bump. If only the suspension was good, I would have made peace with the interiors, knowing the butch will clear traffic along my way. I did not check the tyre pressure, but three test drives should give a fair idea.

Then the Tiguan 2.0 TSI - Elegance was launched

Love the - Looks, Plush interiors, Rear seat space, Ride, Handling, Music system, Black interiors, Build quality, Already have an experience of owning a Volkswagen, pretty much every thing! Nothing about this car was a dealbreaker
Then what happened? - I booked it! Waited on the delivery

Did the search end? Of course not! Long wait makes you reflect back and confuses you even further. I then searched the pre-worshipped BMW 530D. Posted many questions and got immense help from the Team-BHP members

Found one Pre-worshipped G30 - BMW 530D - 2018 model (June-2019 registered)

Love the - Power and Torque, Brand, Image, experience thread of GTO, EVERY THING ABOUT IT!
Then what happened - Almost sealed the deal and was ready to pick up. But all my inquiries lead for me to believe something fishy - no invoice, 6 months break in the insurance, warranty laps in 3.5years (should be either 3 or 4). Couldn't take chance with 50+lacs when still in doubt, so left the deal and continued my search.

In the midst of waiting for Tiguan (1.5months) AND searching for pre-worshipped luxury, On 8-Feb, I received a call from my SA that there is an allocated White SPORTLINE variant and promised me the delivery by Mar 10. When I asked why an allocated car would take so long, the answer was unclear. The condition of this deal was a full payment. I didn't doubt on my SA as he has been associated with Skoda for many years and we have been in touch for almost a year. I have to say that I did get cold feet but I took the chance with my SA as I believed him. So, 8-Feb is the day I booked my Kodiaq with full payment. Another thing that helped with the decision making - I was offered the launch price

Flashback to 10-Jan - I was really amazed by the sweet launch of 3 variants of Kodiaq and the prices were reasonable for what it offered. I did not book on that very day since I first wanted to take the test drive. My test drive date was 12th Feb and I was ready to book, but my SA refused to take my booking on the old price basis the orders from up the chain. On the moral grounds, I did not proceed and waited on my Tiguan's delivery.

Back from the flashback (PDI) - It was 14th Feb, a week post the full payment and I had not heard back, hence decided to check on the status of VIN# but was told will take couple more days. Just a day later at 1pm, got a call from my SA saying Car is at their warehouse and I could come for PDI. I could only do a brief PDI as I was at work and could only reach the dealer at 5pm. Only one bummer was a minor scratch on the plastic wheel arch. In my mind, for a car where a 3,000kms driven L&K version is being sold without discount, I let it pass. Scratch was really minor

Booking & Delivery Experience

My dealer was JMD Skoda and I Paid Rs 42.75 OTR Bombay (incl. of Rs 18k accessories pack) plus Rs 41K for Zero Dep Insurance and Rs 66K for 4 year Maintenance pack which is a total of Rs 43.81lacs. Decided to get the extended warranty at a later date. 18-Feb - From the booking date to the delivery was 10 days which exceeded my expectation. My car was ready for delivery at 6pm where I took an hour to look around the car, do the paperwork, test drive my sweet love - everything worked just fine.
Not much to add on the delivery experience as it was almost night and all I wanted to do is to drive my car home and take her for a SPIN at Nariman point - which I did. Was there a cake cutting - NO. Did I care - NO. We were offered bottle of water, Car was wrapped with satin red cover and that's pretty much it.

Below is that Happy moment

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-pooja.jpg

Owning a Kodiaq SPORTLINE

Before I write any further, I have to admit - given a choice, I would have chosen the L&K variant for
1- TPMS
2- Off-road mode
3- Non-Alcantara interiors (though not a fan of Beige)
4- Ventilated seats
5- DCC.
However, its overbooked and even the people who made unofficial bookings (pre- 10-Jan) have no news of their deliveries.

Where SPORTLINE scores over L&K is - substantiated by pictures
1- Black interiors - After driving for a decade in beige interior, I really wanted a darker interiors
2- Less chrome - After spending two weeks with my SPORTLINE, I feel the usage of Chrome is a bit overdone in L&K
3- Three spoke steering wheel with perforated leather - two spoke wheels of L&K looks really bland in front of these
4- Not by much but alloys of SPORTLINE looks a tad better in my opinion

Pictures of black interiors
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-view-front-dashboard.jpg

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-view-front-cabin.jpg

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-view-rear-cabin-2.jpg

View from the rear seat
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-3view-rear-seat.jpg

Less chrome suits the Kodiaq SPORTLINE version in this and all other angles
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-diagonal-view-front3.jpg

3 spoke perforated leather steering - looks classy
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-steering.jpg

Closer look at those alloys
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-alloys.jpg

Look at how the SPORTLINE alloys suits the car
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-diagonal-view-rear.jpg

Today I complete 15 days days of ownership and she is driven over 350kms in the mix of city and highways. Daily dives have been ranging from 5kms to 50kms.

Respected Team-BHP reviewers have thoroughly tested and provided their feedback in the official review of L&K. I will touch upon where things are different with the SPORTLINE and my opinion (if any)

Engine and Gearbox -
Same as L&K. I'm amazed and impressed with the performance of this machine and feels like an adequate (not significant) update from my Vento. I have driven this Engine and gearbox combination on the new Octavia and have to say that power delivery is in a different league in Octavia. Octavia feels much more eager at all times - this of course is attributed to its lesser weight and presence of 4X4 in Kodiaq. Kodiaq feels similar to driving a Tiguan 2TSI but felt Tiguan has a slight edge over the Kodiaq on acceleration. I felt Kodiaq and Tiguan's power delivery is very linear and does not push you back to the seats when accelerated hard. How I wish it felt the same like an Octavia.

I don't feel much difference in driving pleasure compared to my Vento. In fact in city, Vento does better sprints in sports mode in city driving due to its size. Even though the Kodiaq has an enthusiast heart of 2TSI, it is meant to be driven like a Classy Gentlemen - fast on highways, sedately on the city roads. Don't get me wrong, on express ways and straight line, it will "almost" satisfy the enthusiast in you. Why almost - I'm spoilt by those test drives of 530D

Where this engine gearbox combination lacks is in the stop and go traffic and over the speed bumps. It jerks when slowed down from 4th and 5th gear down to 1 and 2 to cross a speed bump. Do not like that feeling but have gotten used to it from my Vento. It is a common VW DSG trait.

Suspension, Ride & Handling -
This is where it differs from the L&K variant. Unlike the three settings of adaptive suspension in L&K, suspension set-up of the SPORTLINE version is just one. It is NOT a bad news, suspension is neither hard, nor is it soft. If I were to compare with my Vento, it is a tad softer, but not by much. Pardon my ignorance but before I drove the Fortuner, I never knew what really is a hard suspension. For someone who is very particular should read the Team-BHP review of 2017 Kodiaq as I believe this one has the same set-up. On the straight line at high speed, Kodiaq SPORTLINE rides better than the Octavia - there is a section on the Eastern Express-way where I check the ride quality at high speeds, Octavia felt bouncy and the Kodiaq SPORTLINE felt complaint and planted.
On the handling side, I would never call an SUV OR a crossover "a handler", I mean that is not what you buy them for. Coming from a sedan, I know I will have to adjust for the center of gravity. Though Kodiaq SPORTLINE handles very well as the suspension setup is on the stiffer side. Again, for more details, please see the 2017 Kodiaq Team-BHP review

OTHER POINTS TO CONSIDERED - GOOD and BAD

- Unlock the car and it illuminates the front and rear lamps, open the door and it welcomes you with the SKODA written projected lights, and in the night, there is a very cool animated effect on the tail light when you unlock and lock the car - like below.
Name:  Clips220225_1122_AdobeCreativeCloudExpress.gif
Views: 2554
Size:  1.90 MB

Once you're seated, the virtual cockpit welcomes you with the SPORTLINE signature.
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-sportline-badge.jpg

- Apple CarPlay OR Android Auto just needs to be setup once, after which it auto connects every time seamlessly. Play a song and it will put a smile on your face - not just the bass, but the clarity and acoustics will immerse you deep in every genre. Start driving on the busy roads, and you will feel like you're still deserted from it - thanks to the sound proofing. Gone is my anxiety to reach the destination sooner, I stick to the right lane, doing my bit to protect the car from scratches and enjoy my journey and experience with this magnificent piece of engineering.

- Unlock your car in the dark and it will kick in the "coming / leaving home function" which illuminates car headlamps, puddle lamps and all 6 cabin lights - I really find it helpful as it helps lights your way coming towards OR going further from the car in dark. May not be useful if you always park in the lighted area. BUT have you never found yourself parking in the dark? That day you will appreciate it.

- Ambient lighting - In addition to all doors, it lights front and rear footwells AND, also the bottle holders in the door! was a pleasant surprise

- KESSY (Keyless Entry) on all four doors! Comes really handy as you do not need to unlock through your keys to open any of the four doors. There are many small advantages of this

- For my usage, I realized that the black interiors are relatively difficult to manage (some part of it attributed to Alcantara). Sand and shoe Dirt are more visible on black than beige

- I'm 5'10 and still rear leg room is ample (front seat is adjusted to my driving position)
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-rear-leg-space.jpg

- SKODA Floor mats that comes in accessories pack are far better than any after market mats. It also has the raised edges and locks / tucks in really well around all sides. Please go for it

Notice those locks
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-floor-mats.jpg

Rear floor mats comes with tunnel mat too. Its looks very good
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-rear-floor-mats.jpg

- It is so silly that SKODA didn't bother to illuminate the power symbol on its Infotainment. Its only the rings of knobs that lights up. This will take some getting used to for you to grab the right knob
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-power-off-illumination.jpg

- WHY are these wires exposed and not concealed in a thicker rubber all the way? Is this the same with prior Kodiaq?
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-harness-2.jpg

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-harness.jpg

- Cabin feels really classy at night. There are total of 10 color options for you to choose how you want it to look. With Red below
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-interior_day1.jpg

- ORVMs are nice and right size. Its not very large nor small
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-left-orvm.jpg

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-right-orvm.jpg

- Rear view camera. Looks fine in the picture, but trust me, those adaptive guidelines and camera quality is not up to the mark. I think, even the L&K quality of 360camera does not meet Jeep compass quality
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-rear-view-camera.jpg

- Mileage came in "WHAT I LIKE" part. and long term snapshot below. I think for its size and weight, its nice
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-mileage.jpg

- Name sake it has 2 glovebox, but space is them is not satisfactory. What I can fit in both of them only fill 3/4th of what my one glovebox in Vento

See below, I cant even close the rear glovebox with 3 medium size sunglasses case. I can at least fit 7 of them in my Vento's glovebox
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-lower-glovebox.jpg

-Had to wait for 30min in the car while the car was stationery, I am so happy I got the car with 3rd row seat. My daughter is a fan of 6th and 7th seat
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-3rd-row.jpg

- Some bonus angles

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-view-side.jpg

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-diagonal-view-rear2.jpg

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-diagonal-view-rear3.jpg

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-1diagonal-view-front.jpg

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-2diagonal-view-front2.jpg

To sum up - Even though I have listed 16 positives over 17 negatives, SKODA Kodiaq SPORTLINE is a winner in my books. It has checked all the right boxes for me to be calling this as a true "FEATURE RICH LUXURY CAR" Sure I miss the DCC and TPMS feature of the L&K, but they were not the deal breakers for me. I would rather own a car now than an uncertain period of wait.

Some pictures of PDI and delivery I had attached in the following post - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5262039 (2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG)

PS: I have not given up on my aspiration to own a 530D. My Vento will be up for an upgrade in 4 years, and I'm sure I will be looking for a pre-worshipped 530D then.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th March 2022 at 07:22. Reason: Spacing, font
Jangra is offline   (109) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 07:07   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Reviews section. Thanks for sharing!

Going to our homepage today
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 09:13   #3
BHPian

That's one beautiful car, congratulations for bringing home what arguably is the best full sized monocoque SUV under 50L. Kodiaq has its own charm, its the do it all car. Great choice with the variant, I personally love the sportline variants on both the Superb & Kodiaq. Even the Governor of our state rides in a Kodiaq. I really love what they have done with the painted cladding and dechromed exteriors, it looks so classy.

Wishing you happy miles and great memories with the car.
sachin_cs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 09:31   #4
BHPian

This is simply put the best premium SUV in the country under 50 lakhs. Congratulations on your Kodiaq and I wish you many years of happiness with your new ride. The Sportline is easily the most appealing trim level on the Kodiaq.
Pyrotek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 10:00   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on a VFM buy, looks exceptional with the blacked out bits and black interiors.

I’ll be very frank seeing the quality, performance, AWD as standard and features I feel it’s at the same level as my X3!! If only it had launched a bit earlier, in 2021 itself, would’ve surely given it a strong look.

My only gripe in an otherwise excellent package is the complete absence of AC vents in the third row and Škoda’s way of handling the bookings/delivery/inventory management.

Saw this review by Mat Watson yesterday and he says the Kodiaq is the perfect family SUV and one should go right ahead and ‘buy’ it, where for most other cars he usually says to ‘shortlist’ them. So definitely it’s a true all rounder with a VFM price tag.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 5th March 2022 at 10:02.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 10:02   #6
BHPian

As a fellow 2016 Vento owner I completely mirror your sentiments when it comes to the rationale of buying a new car but yet wanting to hold on to the Vento (I need not rant about the positives of the car). Especially considering the fact that your car has only done 45K Kms this move was definitely the right way to go! Many many post facelift Vento owners share the same mindset when it comes to the long-term ownership as finding an upgrade to this car is truly tough without having to spend big bucks.

I have been looking for a Vento upgrade for the longest time, since the pandemic first started in fact and your post has definitely given me something to consider! The Kodiaq is an absolute beauty and the engine is something that will put a smile on your face for the years to come.

Thanks for sharing your special moment with us and I look forward to more posts on both the European jewels in your garage!
AKSarkar1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 10:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for owning one of the most handsome SUVs out there

The Sportline variant definitely looks the part both inside & outside, better than its L&K sibling! And the White color makes its even more..

How are the Alcantara seats faring over long distance travel - their firmness, contours etc?
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 10:49   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the Kodiaq and thanks for sharing the detailed review especially with the comparison to the Vento TSI. I own a 2013 Vento TSI and have loved the Kodiaq from the time it launched. Your review and comparison with the Vento TSI actually has dampened my enthusiasm for the Kodiaq. While it is understood that a 7 seater SUV will not drive the same way as a sedan, I did expect that the 2.0TSI will have a significant difference compared to the 1.2TSI even accounting for the increased weight and different body type.

My target for an upgrade is probably next year and will look forward to your updates with the Kodiaq.

Wish you many miles of happy ownership.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 11:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! Good to see your wait from booking/payment to delivery was extremely short!

The passenger side mirror dip works only if the ORVM knob on the driver door is set to "L". Once its down, adjust the mirror to your liking and set the seat memory once again. It will then dip to your set position everytime, for the selected seat memory button. Once you shift in to D mode, and speed exceeds 20 kph, the mirror will return to its normal position set in seat memory you have selected.

Sad to see although European versions get 9" infotainment, Alcantara / suedia roof lining, Indian version misses both, although the roof lining is mentioned in the brochure! Even the UK variant doesn't get suedia roof lining, exactly same as this Indian variant.

Are you planning to change the tyres? Have no idea what is the type of tyre installed meaning is it soft, hard, etc. (F1 is coming, and my brain is wired like that) The available options are very limited as Michelin is mostly out of stock everywhere, one can find Vredestien and Pirelli options for the size. My guess is the stock Markus will start losing grip at 10-15K kms, especially during "take-off". Michelins are hard wearing and super grippy, sadly nothing available as of now.

Finally its your choice, and I don't mean to intrude, but don't let your kid sleep on the seat while you're driving. A tiny dab on the brakes and she would topple over. Second row with a raised child seat / cushion with seatbelt is the best option in terms of safety. Make use of the power nap feature! I have noticed kids are most happy and least cranky when they get their own raised window seat so that they can fall asleep looking at the world go by.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 11:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on getting a Kodiaq, one among the best buy in that price range. I would just buy Kodiaq sportsline over any other car just for that sexy interiors.
On placing the idol, at least based on my experience with Octavia soft touch plastic - if the car is new or if the dash is polished it would be difficult to stick. Again while trying to stick it with 3M tape you will feel it’s not holding. But stick and leave it for sometime and will hold well.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 13:08   #11
BHPian

Looks regal ! I'm so pleased to see a three spoke steering wheel in your Kodiaq. I can't figure out what was Skoda smoking while signing off two spoke steering wheels for Octavia, Superb, Kushaq and Slavia. The three spoke unit looks complete and much better than the two spoke one.
Storm2.0 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 14:18   #12
BHPian

VARTA also supplies batteries for Apple Airpods, Sony WF series earbuds, et al. Absolutely no localization!
iron.head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 15:06   #13
BHPian

Thanks all for your wishes and Team-BHP to have posted this on its homepage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post

My only gripe in an otherwise excellent package is the complete absence of AC vents in the third row
True. Slipped my mind to mention this. In Mumbai afternoons, the last row will not be a comfortable place for anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts
Škoda’s way of handling the bookings/delivery/inventory management.
This one was a real downer. From the day of launch and till date, they have managed to annoy many potential buyers including the Skoda loyal customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts
Saw this review by Mat Watson yesterday and he says the Kodiaq is the perfect family SUV and one should go right ahead and ‘buy’ it, where for most other cars he usually says to ‘shortlist’ them. So definitely it’s a true all rounder with a VFM price tag.
Just saw it, Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
How are the Alcantara seats faring over long distance travel - their firmness, contours etc?
Seats are very comfortable and are on firmer side which helps in your longer duration journeys. Driver and passenger gets lumbar support which I really like. I never owned a car with this feature and now I do not want to live without one on those long journeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Your review and comparison with the Vento TSI actually has dampened my enthusiasm for the Kodiaq. While it is understood that a 7 seater SUV will not drive the same way as a sedan, I did expect that the 2.0TSI will have a significant difference compared to the 1.2TSI even accounting for the increased weight and different body type.
I too was underwhelmed especially after driving the Octavia with the same engine. Its inside the city where Vento scores on its peppy nature. On the clear highways, Kodiaq do feel much quicker. I'm scheduled for Bombay-Indore-Bombay and Bombay-Goa-Bombay in April with my Kodiaq. I have been doing these trips in my Vento and will be able to do a fair comparo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj
My target for an upgrade is probably next year and will look forward to your updates with the Kodiaq.
For sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
The passenger side mirror dip works only if the ORVM knob on the driver door is set to "L". Once its down, adjust the mirror to your liking and set the seat memory once again. It will then dip to your set position everytime, for the selected seat memory button. Once you shift in to D mode, and speed exceeds 20 kph, the mirror will return to its normal position set in seat memory you have selected.
Thanks man! This is really helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead
Are you planning to change the tyres?
Don't plan to change/upgrade. Many have reported that Markus is designed for SKODA and did fair in the pre-facelifted version. So, I'm going to keep'em until they need a replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead
Finally its your choice, and I don't mean to intrude, but don't let your kid sleep on the seat while you're driving.
100% with you on that. Kids should not be let loose in the car. I mentioned in the post that this was when car was stationery for longer period

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
On placing the idol, at least based on my experience with Octavia soft touch plastic - if the car is new or if the dash is polished it would be difficult to stick. Again while trying to stick it with 3M tape you will feel it’s not holding. But stick and leave it for sometime and will hold well.
Thanks man! Yes, after trying to stick and do a wiggle test, it failed. May be I leave it overnight and see.
Jangra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 19:38   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Then the Tiguan 2.0 TSI - Elegance was launched

Love the - Looks, Plush interiors, Rear seat space, Ride, Handling, Music system, Black interiors, Build quality, Already have an experience of owning a Volkswagen, pretty much every thing! Nothing about this car was a dealbreaker
Then what happened? - I booked it! Waited on the delivery
Great review, Jangra! I keenly followed your journey over the past 1-2 months. Can I ask why you ended up choosing the Kodiaq over the Tiguan?
solaris007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 20:28   #15
BHPian

Congratulations on the Kodiaq, Jangra. Great review too.

Absolutely love the pictures. How is the front seat comfort? The alcantara seats look so good. Do they get uncomfortable over long drives or while driving in the afternoon sun?

I also loved the three spoke steering wheel as opposed to the two spokes. The use of black especially on the wing mirrors and the roof rails is a good design choice and I love the way it compliments the white color.

Wish you a great ownership with this car man!
throttleflick is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks