Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2007, 17:04   #286
BHPian

Interesting to know thats how it works Ben .. no wonder they recommended i replace the entire silencer assembly for a minor dent - because they knew i was claiming insurance. I was ok with paying the scrap charges etc, because wanted to restore my car to a "new" condition

In this aspect, Reliance was very good. They initially said that it couldn't be cashless because the parts were being replaced at different times (over a period of 4 weeks), and also that i didn't have a policy document yet (just the cover note) - but they accommodated me, which was pretty good.

Hey Bottle - have you pushed TATA AIG to go the cashless route - because bunging up the VIN/ Chassis is really their fault right? I was told that non-cashless would take 20 working days for the cheque to come through - is it the same with TATA AIG, or have you been assured a quicker refund?
Old 29th August 2007, 17:06   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29
Bottle, i was saying tell them you are not claiming from insurance, and you want to pay from yur own pocket for the repairs. In that case, they would suggest not replacing the door.
not really they were saying that its too hard to get parts from fiat and said that max they would try to get it done by tinkering. initially i wanted to get door changed but they said that getting new door would take more than a month so go for tinkering etc and so i gave it in for tinkering only. but after a week they said that theres no option other than to change door

but you are right also initially i wanted to make payment myself and get it done as fast as i can but these buggers pushed me to do using insurance only (guess they can get more that way)

anyways now its too late to make any changes.
Old 29th August 2007, 17:06   #288
BHPian

Bottle, just noticed your signature - extremely funny :-)

Coming to think of it - i still haven't picked up my RC book (i got a call from the dealership a couple of days back that they finally had it) Hope mine isn't a station wagon too!!
Old 30th August 2007, 18:34   #289

Guys.. looks like the guys at Fiat have gone into some sort of hibernation. It's been more than 24 hours of sending my first mail (+ a subsiquent fwd today morning) to both service and Mangesh.. Absolutely no response. What other choice do i have?
Niranjan
My 1.3 year daughter has just learnt to pronounce PALIO!
Old 31st August 2007, 15:26   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirirao View Post
My 1.3 year daughter has just learnt to pronounce PALIO!
When she turns 1.6, she will learn to pronounce SPORT
Old 31st August 2007, 16:13   #291

Good one thalavoy vbmenu_register("postmenu_549655", true); !
BTB i received a mail and a call from Mr. Mangesh today. This is what he says: "necessary back up is rendered to dealership to ensure that the required parts are made available at earliest,you will be hearing shortly from dealership ".

Anyways i'am glad that some effort is being put. Thankx for the contact guys. Will update soon.
Cheero!
Niranjan
Old 18th September 2007, 18:10   #292

Hi all,
Got my red beauty back at last.. though with a manual gatepass. They still have some issue with the price of a particular part.. so the invoice is not closed. One person who was throughly helpfu and responsive was Mangesh at Fiat India. He ensured that the parts were delivered on the same day i requested, sent me courier docket no and spoke to Concord on regular basis to keep up the heat.
Thanks guys for all the help.
Cheers,
Niranjan
Old 18th September 2007, 18:43   #293
Senior - BHPian

yup mangesh was pretty helpful with me as well , congrats on getting your car back
Old 4th October 2007, 16:15   #294
BHPian

Palio Stile 1.1L

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum. Was going thru this thread to understand owner's experiences with Palio. I'm planning to get a new Palio Stile 1.1L.
I'm in Bangalore, so would like to know details about local dealer experieces - in terms of OTR, free accessories, service/customer care.
It would be great if you guys can help in this matter. This will by my first car, so don't want inexperience to be a handicap.

And yes, this is a wonderful forum with loads of practical info. Keep it coming !

Thanks Guys!
Old 4th October 2007, 20:01   #295
BHPian

There's hardly a price difference between the top end 1.1 and the 1.6 (25-30k?) Why would you look at the 1.1, unless the additional 3-4kmpl means that much to you....
Old 5th October 2007, 10:28   #296
BHPian

Rightly said Thingummy,

I have purchased 1.6 formula red last week. its always to have a small and powerful car. specially for cities and also for Highways. the price different is around 40k.......so recommended to go for 1.6. you are getting alloy wheels, 14" tyres.......also
Old 5th October 2007, 11:10   #297
BHPian

Its not so much of a price thing - its the color. My parents liked the silver color better than the comparatively flashy red. Black is a no no.
BTW, guys please help me out on the dealer aspect - OTR, free accessories, service.

On another note -
Is it a good idea to go for Stile 1.1L or do we have a better choice (like Wagon-R, Swift, Getz or any other car) ? FE, VFM, Comfort, Maintenance, Service are important to me.

I would be using the car mainly for Blore city driving but would like to take it out for weekend trips. 5 people seating is a pretty important criteria for me. This might not be the right thread for this question, but guys please help a middle-class person choose the best available car. My budget is about 5 lacs. Thanks a ton!

PS: If it is a wrong question for this thread, please help me locate the discussions on these lines (if possible, by providing URLs).
Old 5th October 2007, 16:06   #298

Palio Stile 1.6 Magnesium Grey

Palio Stile 1.6 Sports is now available in Magnesium Grey too. I bought mag grey last month (sep end).

So ask your dealer to get mag grey 1.6 for you.

BTW, It is very hard to believe that a new generation car such as Stile does not provide hooks to easily install security systems such as Autocop or Xenos. Heard from Concorde bangalore that FIAT Palio Stile does not support any security system and one has to tamper with the wiring to install autocop, which violates the warranty. Hence concorde does not support installing any security system (& remote locking) in Palio. However learnt that other dealers in bangalore install autocop. Donno in which era does FIAT live in...
Old 5th October 2007, 16:57   #299
BHPian

Thanks for the info Kraj !

Where did you buy it from? What was the OTR and what freebies did you get? Who would be the best dealer to go to?

Sorry for the trouble about I'm having a very hard time in choosing my first car and dealer.
Old 5th October 2007, 17:04   #300
BHPian

Thanks for the info Kraj !

BTW, which dealer did you buy it from? What was the OTR and what freebies did you manage to get?

Who is the best (relatively) dealer in Blore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks