Old 27th February 2023, 12:42   #1

Used Tata Safari Storme Review | From a Maruti Suzuki Baleno to a Tata Safari Storme

Lol
Seems you are earning way too much to be doing this kind of stuff.
Bhai, zabardast!
Awesome man.
Are you serious!

Well these are the few comments I got when I disclosed to my near and dear ones about what I had done. I had ended up purchasing a Tata Safari Storme.

TLDR;
For folks short of time, here is a summary of my transition from a Hatch to a proper SUV.
What you will like
  • Road Presence of a Storme is amazing. Takes time adjusting to the fact that the small cars now do not try to fill in gaps ahead of you as they would with other vehicles.
  • Excellent Visibility all around with good large mirrors.
  • Ability to handle bad roads and sudden potholes without a concern at all.
  • With the bonnet clearly visible, very easy to judge corners.
  • The turning radius is surprisingly small for such a large vehicle at 5.4m, can do most of the turns that a Baleno can do at 4.9m.
  • Superb headlights, typical of a Tata. Double barrel with low beam being halogen projectors and high beams being reflectors.
  • Communicative hydraulic steering that gives a lot of feedback.
  • Light but long clutch. Effortless in the city. In the Baleno I had to use the accelerator while releasing the clutch. No such requirement here.
  • Independent armrest for both front occupants which is extremely comfortable.
  • Excellent under thigh support in all the seats.
  • Gear throw is on the longer side but slots fine.
  • Sound system is very good with steering mounted controls.
  • Large door pockets can hold a lot of things.
  • Rear has over 6 ac vents, 2 at the bottom and 4 at the top which cools the vehicle very quickly.
  • Good fuel efficiency given the size, currently giving me around 12 in Mumbai city with lot of idling involved while driving around. Highways should be a 15 comfortably.
  • BS4 so no worries of DPF, however with increasing pollution levels in Mumbai, I suspect the 10 year rule would come to Mumbai very soon as well.

What I do not like
  • This is a 2018 make car and second from top model and yet it does not have airbags in it. Can you believe it! I still went for it because in retrospective, I feel that a Safari without airbags is still a lot safer than a Baleno with airbags.
  • While people claim it to have a very good ride quality, for some reason I still find a hatchback to have a better ride on normal roads. The SUV, very typical of its nature, rides like a boat.
  • Takes time getting used to the feeling of sitting into the car vs climbing into a car. Not everybody likes it, especially the old folks in my family. However, once they are in, they really appreciate the seating position and comfort.
  • The door bins are so large that it is very hard to prevent anything from rattling in them.
  • Third row seat is a joke to be honest. In the storme, they have placed the spare wheel below the car and raised the floor due to which the headroom has vanished. Better to use it just for luggage.
  • The fuel opening button is moody and works sometimes and sometimes it does not.
  • The driver side window is auto down but does not stop midway. Maybe it is the switch, but the auto down should engage after reaching a certain point while pressing the button.
  • The sound of indicator clicks come somewhere from the passenger side dashbaord which is very weird.
  • Since people have to climb up and climb down, it involves a lot of dragging yourself on the seats, which would mean shorter life of seat covers.
  • Taking time to get used to the vibrations of a diesel engine coming from a super silent and refined petrol engine. Starts with a shake and shuts down with a shake as well. However, I feel changing the engine and gearbox mounts should take care of it.
  • No reversing aid available. No parking sensors, no cameras. Need to get one installed.

Background
I am a Software Architect working in Mumbai for the past 11 years and own a 2015 Maruti Suzuki Baleno Delta Petrol. I have maintained a thread for it in our forums that a few of you might have seen. The Baleno is a very easy to drive and an easy to maintain vehicle which is very light on the pocket. The size is perfect for the city with ample amount of space inside the car for 5 to sit comfortably, with a good AC. On top of that I had maintained my vehicle in an excellent condition and it would have served me very comfortably for the next 8 years till it would hit the 15 year age and then I would have disposed it off.

The SUV Itch
Let's admit it, we Indians have that SUV itch in us. And so much of it we have that the car makers have launched a plethora of pseudo SUVs that sell like hotcakes. I am no different but took it very casually.

The Trigger
For anybody who has driven in Mumbai, knows that Mumbai has a lot of manhole covers on the roads that are never aligned with the roads. They are usually 2-3 inches lower than the road effectively making them potholes. So you are driving at 60kmph and suddenly there is a manhole cover in front with nowhere for you to go, and you eventually hit the manhole hard thereby unsettling small cars like the Baleno. This used to bother me quite a bit.
Then a couple of years back was traveling to Srivardhan, a coastal town of Maharashtra with my wife and a couple friend in the month of November. The roads were so bad that it took me around 7 hours to do 180kms with me dropping to 1st gear every 300-400 metres which was very annoying. And during one of such slowdowns where I was dropping to the 1st, I could see a monster appear in my IRVM charging down the road. I quickly moved to the left only to see a Scorpio (original) just trample those potholes as if they were nothing and made a meal out of those bad roads. And that was the day I decided I need an SUV, and that too a proper body-on-frame one.

The Search
I wanted to get the new Scorpio-N Diesel Automatic for myself. But looking at the cost, the waiting and my priorities, it was not making any sense to me. The vehicle is overpriced, just like every other vehicle on the road ( I still believe that a Creta should not cost more than 15 lacs, a Hector not more than 20 lacs and so on, I might be stupid but that's me). So the plan was dropped and thought of sticking to the Baleno for as long as I could.
One day was randomly searching on Olx and randomly searched for the Storme and came across a couple of listings. The one that I shortlisted was very close to my house and looked in an excellent condition with less mileage. The car belonged to a premium used car dealer who used it as a personal vehicle for sometime and was selling it. The amount quoted was pretty high but the vehicle looked in top shape so decided to check it out.
The car was scratchless with full service history and details available. There was some rusting under one rear door which is normal given that my Baleno also has rusting issues being located in Mumbai. After a lot of negotiation, brought it down to the ballpark of where I would have liked it to be and closed the deal.

For your eyes
I really like the side profile of the vehicle as shown below. Looks very nice with the step style seating where the rear sits higher than the front.
Used Tata Safari Storme Review | From a Maruti Suzuki Baleno to a Tata Safari Storme-safari_side_profile.jpeg

The steering is adjustable for height, however in the comfortable position, it hits the legs while entering the vehicle.
Used Tata Safari Storme Review | From a Maruti Suzuki Baleno to a Tata Safari Storme-safari_driver_seat.jpeg

The 320 Nm Varicor engine.
Used Tata Safari Storme Review | From a Maruti Suzuki Baleno to a Tata Safari Storme-safari_engine.jpeg

Rear seat has excellent underthigh support.
Used Tata Safari Storme Review | From a Maruti Suzuki Baleno to a Tata Safari Storme-safari_rear_seat.jpeg

Underbody metal protector for the Engine.
Used Tata Safari Storme Review | From a Maruti Suzuki Baleno to a Tata Safari Storme-safari_engine_protect.jpeg

Double barrel headlights and chrome telling everybody its a Safari.
Used Tata Safari Storme Review | From a Maruti Suzuki Baleno to a Tata Safari Storme-safari_front_three_quarter_left.jpeg

Pretty ordinary metre console. Does not show average fuel consumption and you have to rely on tank to tank methodology. Comes with 2 trip metres.
Used Tata Safari Storme Review | From a Maruti Suzuki Baleno to a Tata Safari Storme-safari_odometer.jpeg

The tallboy rear look is very misleading in terms of space. The rear sucks in terms of both legroom and headroom. Also the tiny footpeg to get into the vehicle is not visible from inside while coming out.
Used Tata Safari Storme Review | From a Maruti Suzuki Baleno to a Tata Safari Storme-safari_rear.jpeg

Tyres have some juice left for around 10k kms.
Used Tata Safari Storme Review | From a Maruti Suzuki Baleno to a Tata Safari Storme-safari_tyre.jpeg

Engine Review
Start the vehicle and the car shakes before the engine comes to life. I am not sure why I am calling this a car, this is a truck! The engine idles at around 900RPM.
The Storme is a Varicor 320 producing 320Nm of torque. There is turbo lag and the turbo spools up at 1800RPM following which you can hear the whistle and the power surge coming in. Below 1800RPM, the engine is very drivable in the city, however, overtakings become a challenge as the engine does not respond to the accelerator input as it should. Coming from a Baleno, I can safely say that post the turbo kicks in, the truck pulls better than the Baleno. The truck can climb up inclines in first gear without accelerator input and that is a very funny feeling in the beginning. The body has a slight vibration during idle and you can feel that in the seats. I feel that the engine mounts, if replaced should take care of it but need some expert opinion here. The Engine is very fuel efficient as well given the load that it has to pull. It is giving me a decent 12-12.5kmpl in the Mumbai city which involves lots and lots of idling.

Suspension Review
I made a switch from a car to a boat Coming from a hatchback and after driving hatches and sedans all my life, this definitely feels like a boat. You will feel lateral movement both sideways as well as front and back. However, the vertical movement is very well contained. But because of the lateral movement, changing directions while driving over undulating roads is a challenge. While a small vehicle immediately regains composure enabling you to change directions quicker, the truck takes time for the suspension to settle hence making it difficult to change directions immediately.
But the area where the vehicle truly shines is that although it rides like a boat, it rides like a boat on all surfaces. Be it potholes, be it no roads, be it sharp ruts and bumps, be it manholes, you do not feel anything inside. The slow speed (<60 kmph) ride is very good in that aspect.

Gearbox Review
One thing I observed is that the gear lever does not vibrate a lot during startup or shutdown or idling, which makes me inclined to believe that this is a cable driven box unlike a linkage driven. Which is a good thing as it makes the experience inside the cabin very good. The gear shifts are long hence quick shifting is not a forte for this vehicle, however the gears slot in smoothly. The gearing is on the taller side with 80kmph coming up at around 1700 rpm in the 5th gear. This particular point is a bit tricky because the turbo has not kicked in yet and hence there is no acceleration at this point unless you drop down to 4th that brings the turbo alive and the vehicle starts to move forward in a hurry. However this also means that cruising at 100kmph at 5th gear would be highly fuel efficient as this would place the vehicle to be at around 2000rpm with turbo spooling giving right power as well as low rpm giving efficiency.
All the gears are synchronized including the reverse hence slotting any gear is no problem at all. Unlike my brother's new Tata Nexon diesel MT which is such a pain to slot into reverse as it never engages at once. Tata itself has given instructions in the manual to wait for 5 seconds before engaging reverse for smooth slotting. Overall the gearing is satisfactory.

Interior Review
Once you have overcome the daunting task of climbing into the vehicle, everything is pretty normal/boring inside. There is no wow factor but everything is right where it should be. The dashboard has soft touch plastic on top. Large door pockets to hold large bottles but no cupholders to hold your cups in the central panel. Indicator stalk is very flimsy and after making small turns, the indicator does not auto cancel. Add to it the indicator clicking sound comes from the passenger side making it inaudible most of the times and you end up continuing to drive with indicators on just like the two wheelers do all the time.
There is rattling coming from the third row that I am still trying to figure out and fix. Given that I am coming from a small rattle free silent hatch, this is one of my priorities. Although I believe my effort would be futile.
The windows are very large with make it very nice to be in the vehicle. The window lines are low and hence you can drive keeping your hands on them which feels awesome. The ORVMs are electrically adjustable but not collapsible. They are India friendly though and can turn backwards.
One thing based on my observation of old relatives trying to climb into the vehicle, I feel that there should have been grab handle on the B-pillar for folks to hold onto. That is a sore miss.

Ergonomics Review
Ergonomics are fine except for a few things, the music system is placed way too low on the dash which means taking eyes off the road and looking down. Ideally I would have preferred the blowers to be placed lower or beside the infotainment system, which should have been placed higher up.
People have mentioned about the placement of fuel opening lid near power window switches, but I got used to it within a few minutes so that is not a problem for regular users. Also the fuel lid never opens on one click of the button so even hitting it erroneously should be fine.
One thing that bothers me is the position of the accelerator pedal which is slightly higher IMO. This means that I have to hold the right toe higher putting some load on my shin muscles that get sore after a long drive. Had they been slightly lower or placed more outwards towards the right side of the wheel well, it would have made a lot of difference, at least for me.

Steering Review
Well, the steering is heavy. If you have ever driven with a phone in one hand, then turning the steering would feel really difficult. However under other scenarios this feels fine. Moreover I have always been taught to use both hands and turn from the top of the steering rather than from the bottom, so I do not find the steering too difficult.

Music System Review
The sound quality is definitely better than my Baleno Delta, which might have something to do with better steel on the doors that do not flex as much. There are 4 speakers, one on each door along with tweeters near the ORVMs. The steering mounted controls also work fine but changing track via the steering controls is slightly slower. The bluetooth audio quality is very good and so is the mic. The experience is good but the system is placed too low and should have been placed higher up.

NVH
You hear the engine all the time in the vehicle, however, once the engine heats up, the engine sound does not bother you at all except for a mild humming. That humming will definitely increase once you cross 3500RPM so better to stay below that. The noise insulation is pretty good and once all the windows are shut and music played, hardly anything comes in. One bad thing about it is that recently an ambulance was a few vehicles behind me and trying to make its way but I could not hear anything about it unless the guy behind me flashed his headlights and then I realized and made way.

AC
The AC is very good with separate cooling coil and blower for the rear passengers. The truck has very large glass area bringing in a lot of heat and hence requires a pretty powerful compressor to do the job which it does pretty well. One interesting thing I found was that the rear blowers have the switch to turn them on and off above the rear passenger's head. However, the blower would not turn on unless the driver turns on Rear AC from the dashboard console. I found this to be very helpful as the driver cannot reach the rear blower switches from his seat, so the rear ac button acts as a master control for the same.

Niggles
  • In my vehicle, I observed that the outer foul smell would creep into the cabin a lot, and also when standing the AC would cool very well but during motion, the air was not that cool. I suspected that the recirculation button has malfunctioned. Got it checked and found that the motor had failed and the gate that allows outer air to come in was fully open. Changing it requires opening the dashboard, and hence the mechanic slid the gate close and said it should be fine for now.
  • Some rattling in the vehicle from the third row.
  • Fuel lid opener does not work everytime.
  • The body lights are not working apart from when door is opened. Need to get that checked.
  • Some metal rattle from the rear lower part. Probably the footrest bar is loose or something else.

Overall, I am pretty satisfied with my choice, keeping fingers crossed and hoping for some long distance runs to be done very comfortably.
Used Tata Safari Storme Review | From a Maruti Suzuki Baleno to a Tata Safari Storme-safari_passenger_seat.jpeg  

Used Tata Safari Storme Review | From a Maruti Suzuki Baleno to a Tata Safari Storme-safari_rear_three_quarter.jpeg  

Last edited by puneetakhouri : 27th February 2023 at 18:20. Reason: fixing grammatical errors.
puneetakhouri is offline   (67) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 06:10   #2

re: Used Tata Safari Storme Review | From a Maruti Suzuki Baleno to a Tata Safari Storme

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 10:23   #3

Re: Used Tata Safari Storme Review | From a Maruti Suzuki Baleno to a Tata Safari Storme

Congratulations on bringing home the beast. Safari was the first on my bucket list as a kid and even today, it pulls my heart's strings like no other car.

Wishing you many happy miles.
Jaisalmeriya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 11:00   #4

Re: Used Tata Safari Storme Review | From a Maruti Suzuki Baleno to a Tata Safari Storme

Those Bridgestone Duelers have a really long life and it will easily last you another 20-25k kms if you do the standard rotation/alignment diligently.
crdi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 11:29   #5

Congratulations on your Beast! There are tons of modification you can do with this truck and I am sure every time you sit in it, you'll have a wide smile plastered on your face. All the best!
Old 28th February 2023, 13:30   #6

Congrats on getting a rare vehicle that you would enjoy a lot. Very aptly summarised pros and cons. Since you mentioned the car was not used much in the last few years, do get your underbody especially brake lines etc checked for rusting. Those parts are susceptible to rust and breaking. Happened with me some time back. Also, depending on which part of Mumbai you are from, a good relationship with the SA and the escalation person of that TASS will really help. Most of the parts apart from the consumables are made / sourced on order which means long waiting times. It's always a good idea to plan the parts ordering in advance of your actual service visit as otherwise you can end up having to leave the car at the service center for long durations.

Like the trigger for your SUV purchase (the Scorpio that just flew over the potholes) try increasing your speed while going over a bad stretch of road and this car will leave grinning from ear to ear. Just keep your hands on the steering to check the violent sideways movement of the steering .
The Sion Panvel highway (Navi Mumbai section) was undergoing the expansion to the current 5-lane size those days and everyday I used to enjoy the stretches where every other car would slow down, I would actually accelerate and overtake...that's the fun of this vehicle.

zadoom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 13:52   #7

Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
[*]The fuel opening button is moody and works sometimes and sometimes it does not.[*]The driver side window is auto down but does not stop midway. Maybe it is the switch, but the auto down should engage after reaching a certain point while pressing the button. [*]Since people have to climb up and climb down, it involves a lot of dragging yourself on the seats, which would mean shorter life of seat covers.
Congrats on getting the Storme, Puneet. Wishing you a long happy ownership.

1. Fuel button - get it checked. Never had an issue in my Storme, now almost 10 yrs.
2. Driver side window - just momentarily pull up the button and window glass will stop going further down.
3. Took me 9 years for the seat cover to start getting worn out. You could place a mat on top the seat to reduce wear.

Dont know why people say it rides like a boat. Never felt it in mine, and never had anyone complain either.
condor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 15:17   #8

Originally Posted by Jaisalmeriya View Post
Safari was the first on my bucket list as a kid and even today, it pulls my heart's strings like no other car.
Thanks, it definitely does pull the strings like no other vehicle does. The feeling to own the vehicle that I had been dreaming of since childhood is surreal.

Originally Posted by crdi View Post
Those Bridgestone Duelers have a really long life and it will easily last you another 20-25k kms if you do the standard rotation/alignment diligently.
Noted, will do those. Thanks

Originally Posted by Sach_511 View Post
Congratulations on your Beast! There are tons of modification you can do with this truck and I am sure every time you sit in it, you'll have a wide smile plastered on your face. All the best!
The smile that it plasters is amazing. I am actually looking forward to just going out and driving it as much as possible.

Originally Posted by zadoom View Post
Since you mentioned the car was not used much in the last few years, do get your underbody especially brake lines etc checked for rusting. Those parts are susceptible to rust and breaking. Happened with me some time back. Also, depending on which part of Mumbai you are from, a good relationship with the SA and the escalation person of that TASS will really help. Most of the parts apart from the consumables are made / sourced on order which means long waiting times. It's always a good idea to plan the parts ordering in advance of your actual service visit as otherwise you can end up having to leave the car at the service center for long durations.

Like the trigger for your SUV purchase (the Scorpio that just flew over the potholes) try increasing your speed while going over a bad stretch of road and this car will leave grinning from ear to ear. Just keep your hands on the steering to check the violent sideways movement of the steering .
The Sion Panvel highway (Navi Mumbai section) was undergoing the expansion to the current 5-lane size those days and everyday I used to enjoy the stretches where every other car would slow down, I would actually accelerate and overtake...that's the fun of this vehicle.
Thanks a lot for the heads up on things to check and the part ordering bit. I do agree that speeding up a bit would make things even better, but the rattles is something that is stopping me from doing that. Once I get hold of that, would do that for sure

Congrats on getting the Storme, Puneet. Wishing you a long happy ownership.

1. Fuel button - get it checked. Never had an issue in my Storme, now almost 10 yrs.
2. Driver side window - just momentarily pull up the button and window glass will stop going further down.
3. Took me 9 years for the seat cover to start getting worn out. You could place a mat on top the seat to reduce wear.

Dont know why people say it rides like a boat. Never felt it in mine, and never had anyone complain either.
Thanks Condor, in fact I was planning on pinging you around the issues that I am facing had you not responded here
Well, it gently sways and glides over every type of surface giving a boat like feeling
puneetakhouri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 16:32   #9

Well, it gently sways and glides over every type of surface giving a boat like feeling
The only time I have felt that the ride could have been better is on some rumble strips where there is a side-ward movement - but this is normal behaviour due to nature of the strip + damping of the rear shock-absorbers.

Otherwise I guess I have been able to drive it well enough, since my SUV life has spread across a CR-V, a Sumo and now the Storme. 18 years in total. One cant be throwing a tall SUV like this, like with a hatchback.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 17:07   #10

Congratulations!
As I type this, I comfort my heart with the hope that one day I too shall get a ride like this (but in a different shade, preferably Urban Bronze or Pearl White). May this take you to unknown roads and unseen places. Wishing you miles of happiness!
Old 28th February 2023, 17:32   #11

Congratulations on the purchase!

The storme is a very good car if you do a lot of miles. It is car-like to maneuver and pretty easy to drive. The engine is also a workhorse (I have 3.2 lakh km experience with it).

About ride quality, I think you misinterpret handling dynamics with ride quality. There has been no other car that I have been in, which eats bad roads without much drama like the storme does. I have done multiple 800km a day drives and came out as fresh as I started.

There is absolutely no vertical movement on pathetic roads if you keep the speed above 30kmph. Lateral movement, ofcourse will be there if you drive it like you drive a baleno or any small hatch. It is a tall car and it definitely moves laterally.

Regarding fuel efficiency, storme is one of those big 2+ tonners that actually return very impressive figures.

Though I don't think 12 kmpl inside Mumbai traffic possible, the car definitely is capable of a very decent 15 kmpl on highways at 90-100 kmph cruising and 10 kmpl even in B2B traffic.

I have a Varicor 400 (6 gears, more torque and BHP, so quieter and more fuel efficient). Here is the actual Tank to tank FE data recorded over 35,000 km. My previous ride was a Dicor320 which was clearly 1 kmpl lower.

Used Tata Safari Storme Review | From a Maruti Suzuki Baleno to a Tata Safari Storme-screenshot_20230228173347_fuelio.jpg

Quite impressive to return 13 kmpl for my kind of driving, which is a lot of 3000-3500 RPM cruising. It's quite impressive how easily the large Tata gets to silly speeds. Thanks to all disc brakes, the braking is excellent and confidence inspiring.

I also had issue with the fuel button. And I almost made it a habit to open it via the physical string at the back. But suddenly one day, the button started to work again and it has been working perfectly for the last year fully.

Bridgestone Duellers easily last 75,000 km.

Regarding the Storme, take care of the periodic maintenance and use it well. It will turn out to be an absolutely incomparable choice a few years down the line.

A pic of my storme, 62,000 km and as good as it was on day 1

Used Tata Safari Storme Review | From a Maruti Suzuki Baleno to a Tata Safari Storme-20230228_174313.jpg

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 28th February 2023 at 17:49.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 21:51   #12

All the Best @puneetakhouri. The Storme looks good.
Good to see someone going for a used Storme considering the factors you have listed about current SUVs and pseudo SUVs.
It completely resonates with my rreasons to go for a used Hexa after short listing few of the current SUVs.
Old 28th February 2023, 23:02   #13

Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Congratulations on the purchase!
Thanks so much Prasanna. I think the key to driving it is exactly what you and @condor mentioned - to not think of it as a hatchback but an SUV and drive accordingly. I guess it would take sometime to adjust but would definitely come in. A few long drives is what should set that straight.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with everything. I really look forward to going office nowadays and rarely do wfh as it gives me an opportunity to get the beast on the roads
puneetakhouri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 11:57   #14

Congrats on your purchase.Previous generation Safari is indeed a good SUV to be seen on roads with its huge presence.I still drool at a Safari storme bronze colour which is used by an another doctor at my hospital.Guess the towering height and imposing front looks are the distinguishing factors.Hope and wish your car stays good for long and service remain good.Wish you many more miles on your prized possession.
arunedwin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 22:55   #15

Thanks for sharing your experiences with everything. I really look forward to going office nowadays and rarely do wfh as it gives me an opportunity to get the beast on the roads
Congratulations Puneet; beautiful truck you got there, and welcome to this rare club!

It is refreshing to see people considering this car for their personal use, in this age where cars come loaded with much more bells and whistles than what a Storme has to offer. But whatever it does offer, it does a very good job of it, so you have made a good choice.

Please take good time to unlearn your Baleno and learn the Storme; avoid comparison as they are just too different.
Since you're in Mumbai, find a good FNG who can handle this beast as the TASS are just not good enough these days. Maintaining one is not that big a deal either as it already has rugged underpinnings. Just regular/timely service is enough, to keep it running like a dream for years.

Wishing you a million happy and safe miles!
avinash_m is offline   (2) Thanks