Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 20:42   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

So aprt from the engine, all others things about the Vitara in India are same as those in Europe?

Then it must be a good SUV.
Old 16th July 2007, 21:26   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
So aprt from the engine, all others things about the Vitara in India are same as those in Europe?

Then it must be a good SUV.
hmm, expectations.
Old 16th July 2007, 21:30   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
@ hondadude - I'm not comparing the two. All I said that the specs are same. 2L engine and AWD.
I am sorry if I misunderstood. I was just trying to emphasize that Subaru is a lot more than a badge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye
I am talking about the design. Implementation may be another issue.
@anandpadye : You are talking about features (and not design because the design has a direct impact on implementation).
Old 17th July 2007, 09:06   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
I am sorry if I misunderstood. I was just trying to emphasize that Subaru is a lot more than a badge.

@anandpadye : You are talking about features (and not design because the design has a direct impact on implementation).
Ya. That's features. Sorry.

But aren't the differencials and transfer cases etc. based on renowned designs? In fact majority of them are sourced from Borg Warner...

I mean all I want to say is I am excited to see these things now offered in India. And if many of us belive and put their money and faith on Tata (buying their Safari 4x4), I can surely give Grand Vitara a try. Suzuki must be doing a lot more research and testing than Tata.

Also, if I read stuff correctly, there are fewer full time 4WDs and even fewer ones which offer lockable central differential.

All I am worrying right now is whether I should pay 15 lacks for GV and whther I will be able to afford the Fuel Economy going forward.

BTW, any idea what the FE will be like? I am talking about MT and on regular city roads, highways with occasional rural drive...I mean I want to use it as my regular car...
Old 17th July 2007, 09:54   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ya. That's features. Sorry.

But aren't the differencials and transfer cases etc. based on renowned designs? In fact majority of them are sourced from Borg Warner...
For example a lot of vehicles have coil spring suspension at the rear. Do they all ride the same ? The whole package (Car) is more than sum of its parts.

Quote:
BTW, any idea what the FE will be like? I am talking about MT and on regular city roads, highways with occasional rural drive...I mean I want to use it as my regular car...
Looking at this webpage Find Car Dealers and Motoring Websites | UK Motoring Research, it appears that CRV is a bit more fuel efficient than GV. However GV is detuned for India so should be more efficient than CRV here. Others can confirm but I have been told that CRV gives a mileage of 6 to 7 kmpl. Based on all the above, I would guess that GV would give 7 to 8 kmpl.
Old 17th July 2007, 10:51   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looking at this webpage Find Car Dealers and Motoring Websites | UK Motoring Research, it appears that CRV is a bit more fuel efficient than GV. However GV is detuned for India so should be more efficient than CRV here. Others can confirm but I have been told that CRV gives a mileage of 6 to 7 kmpl. Based on all the above, I would guess that GV would give 7 to 8 kmpl.
Can't really say in this case. The GV has a smaller engine and lower power figs but at the same time it's got all time AWD (does the GV have variable valve timing?).

The CR-V on the other hand has a bigger engine and more power but it's i-vtec engine and real time awd system see to it that power and allround traction are provided only when it's required.

Had the CR-V been all time Awd (and without an i-vtec engine) it would have guzzled a lot more fuel than it does now.

Infact, our 2ltr Innova's highway FE is on par with the 2.4ltr CR-V.

Shan2nu
Old 17th July 2007, 10:51   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

This link has all the details of the Grand Vitara (same engine as the one in India but tuned for 140 BHP):
Car Specifications: Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.0 (A) 2007 Singapore - oneshift.com

The User Contributed Fuel Consumption figures are around 9km/liter for the 4 speed AT.

Hence for 5 speed MT and the same engine detuned to 120 BHP, I would imagine FE of 10 or 11.

What say?
Old 17th July 2007, 11:47   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This link has all the details of the Grand Vitara (same engine as the one in India but tuned for 140 BHP):
Car Specifications: Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.0 (A) 2007 Singapore - oneshift.com
The User Contributed Fuel Consumption figures are around 9km/liter for the 4 speed AT.
Hence for 5 speed MT and the same engine detuned to 120 BHP, I would imagine FE of 10 or 11.
What say?
Isn't that a bit too much for a 2.0 L petrol SUV with AWD?
Old 17th July 2007, 18:44   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Going by the segment average, I would expect 8 - 8.5 kpl in the city.
Old 18th July 2007, 08:13   #55
BHPian

so when are the deliveries gonna start?
Old 18th July 2007, 10:19   #56
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
so when are the deliveries gonna start?
Already started. Seen a couple of 'em on Delhi roads.
Old 18th July 2007, 10:26   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
Already started. Seen a couple of 'em on Delhi roads.
Already?

Man! Maruti can almost sell whatever they produce these days!
(Except may be- the Zen estilo. )
Old 18th July 2007, 10:49   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
kerb weight means without any load.
I beg to differ, the usual definition of kerb weight is a vehicle in its ready to use condition with all tools, spare wheel etc and a full tank of fuel. There is a European Directive 95/48/EC which specifies the kerb weight as a car in ready to drive condition with the fuel tank 90% full, a driver on board weighing 68 kg and luggage of 7 kg. Any extras or accessories fitted after purchase will increase the weight.
Old 18th July 2007, 10:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Already?

Man! Maruti can almost sell whatever they produce these days!
(Except may be- the Zen estilo. )
They were imported as CBU's so no production line delays , you are driving an imported stuff
Old 18th July 2007, 12:38   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I beg to differ, the usual definition of kerb weight is a vehicle in its ready to use condition with all tools, spare wheel etc and a full tank of fuel. There is a European Directive 95/48/EC which specifies the kerb weight as a car in ready to drive condition with the fuel tank 90% full, a driver on board weighing 68 kg and luggage of 7 kg. Any extras or accessories fitted after purchase will increase the weight.
To qoute the same from wikipedia

Quote:
Curb (kerb) weight is the total weight of a vehicle with standard equipment, all necessary operating consumables (such as motor oil and coolant), a full tank of fuel and not loaded with either passengers or cargo.[1]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks