Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2023, 15:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwin Morey View Post
Congratulations for your lovely ride fusionbang!
Thank you Ashwin Congratulations to you as well on the new ride! I am sure you will love this car and the diesel grunt you like is a way to start. You should take this car on a highway and see how smoothly and linearly the car picks up speed. You will not feel the speed inside the car. I would suggest to vary the speeds during the run in to expose the engine to all types of speeds and rpm, for it to settle down. I am planning to do the first change in engine oil at 5K mark.

Quote:
Have you had DEF warning pop-up? Only since yesterday I am getting a DEF Low warning pop-up. I have driven the car only in the city and briefly to outskirts of Pune (less than 50kms) so I am surprised that why is it showing DEF Low warning.
No I haven't seen any error pop up for the DEF. I have parked my car for almost a week and haven't seen any abnormal warnings. As you can see in one of the pics above, the DEF tank is around 45%. I believe it was around 50% mark during delivery. Also, I have completed close to 1500kms and planning to get the 1st service done this week sometime.

I would suggest check the DEF level and also run the car around on a highway for 20-30 mins, things should settle down.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 15:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona

Congratulations Sunay. Lovely write up. Wish you many happy miles and travels in the new Safari. I remember you and me had bought the XUV500 around the same time in 2015. Mine continues to run strong and is my primary car.

But amazing how far both Tata and Mahindra have come from that era. Interior fit, finish and quality is different league now. XUV500 then as well had a great engine, looks, features but left a lot to be desired from fit/finish.
supertinu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 15:46   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Thank you Ashwin Congratulations to you as well on the new ride! I am sure you will love this car and the diesel grunt you like is a way to start. You should take this car on a highway and see how smoothly and linearly the car picks up speed. You will not feel the speed inside the car. I would suggest to vary the speeds during the run in to expose the engine to all types of speeds and rpm, for it to settle down. I am planning to do the first change in engine oil at 5K mark.
I have a highway trip coming up by the end of the month, will keep in mind your suggestion and vary the speed. Hoping to have the first service done after that. Will also check on the DEF levels before deciding to top-up (or not).
Ashwin Morey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 16:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Congratulations Sunay. Lovely write up. Wish you many happy miles and travels in the new Safari. I remember you and me had bought the XUV500 around the same time in 2015. Mine continues to run strong and is my primary car.

But amazing how far both Tata and Mahindra have come from that era. Interior fit, finish and quality is different league now. XUV500 then as well had a great engine, looks, features but left a lot to be desired from fit/finish.
Yeah, I still remember the XUV5OO days and I still miss that car. I had no option other than to sell it, before relocating to US.

I think you recently did a trip to north and had posted a travelogue. Glad to know you are still holding on to the XUV.

Quote:
I have a highway trip coming up by the end of the month, will keep in mind your suggestion and vary the speed. Hoping to have the first service done after that. Will also check on the DEF levels before deciding to top-up (or not).
I would suggest to fill it to 100% during first service and not worry till 3rd service.
Old 23rd May 2023, 18:17   #20

Excellent review! And beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing. The car looks gorgeous inside out. They nailed the SUV proportions on this one and I love it. Tata has come a really long way.

Wish you a joyful ownership with Indominus. Happy and safe motoring!
Old 23rd May 2023, 18:20   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome details and loved reading the review - congratulations Sunay for the new steed! Wishing you loads of happy (s)miles on your Indominus!

Now the next thing we have to do is find out a timing to line up your car alongside #TheRedSparkle and do a photo shoot! Let’s spend a morning with breakfast to do this?

The red and white with probably a green(ish) car thrown in to the mix

Last edited by abirnale : 23rd May 2023 at 18:24.
abirnale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 18:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Awesome details and loved reading the review - congratulations Sunay for the new steed! Wishing you loads of happy (s)miles on your Indominus!

Now the next thing we have to do is find out a timing to line up your car alongside #TheRedSparkle and do a photo shoot! Let’s spend a morning with breakfast to do this?

The read and white with probably a green(ish) car thrown in to the mix
Thank you Avinash. Definitely let's catch up soon and do a photo shoot. Finding a green(ish) might be a challenge though

And a special thanks to you for the contact who helped get the car ASAP. I hate playing waiting games
fusionbang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 19:01   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much for reading all the way till this point.

Wow Sunay (aka Fusionbang), Congratulations !

An amazingly detailed write-up ( I've come to expect that from your penmanship skills now ).

Felt like I was taking a personal tour of the Indominus .

The Safari has definitely come a long way in terms of design and tech. The Safari ads always captivated me, esp the one with "Lines". I am sure you won't miss the White Wolf ( too much )

Being a Tata employee, a slight bias towards Tata and glad its a Safari.

Wishing you many many miles of fun and safe drives.
nikhilarni is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 02:26   #24
BHPian

Congrats on your new acquisition Sunay. Your review is pretty comprehensive with the entire process and details of the vehicle.

Wish you happy miles (kilometers) with the legendary Safari.
vj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 07:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations @fusionbang. Wish you many kilometers of happy ownership. I love your choice of color - reminds me of the white wolf!

Tata has certainly upped their game quite a bit in the last decade - you seem to have all the features you could ask for from a modern family SUV. Do keep us posted on your ownership and service experience.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 10:56   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much for reading all the way till this point. Will continue to post regular updates on this thread to keep this ownership exciting and take you guys through the journey of owning the INDOMINUS.

Thanks for reading again and have a great day ahead

Congratulations on your steed @fusionbang! this is the color/variant I would have chosen if at all I had picked up the Safari over the XUV. I am mighty impressed with the feature set now!!!
Tata has certainly upped the game with these updates and made it more worthy competition to the XUV7OO. A lot of stuff (the menus, options) in the new infotainment seems to be 'inspired' from the XUV (or maybe it's a common template for the ADAS features) -
Neverthess Mahindra may need to launch an AX9 L trim to get the XUV in line with the feature set in the Safari. (ambient lighting, ventilated seats, auto dimming IRVM, 12V charging port in the front, AQI display etc)

Can you share from where you picked up the 3rd row noodle mats from? And did you cut these to size? Also - can these be attached to the 3rd row seat back? (velcro?)
Also, did the 7D mats come with a detachable noodle mat cover?

Did you do PPF on the front and rear bumper?

Congratulations again !

Cheers

Last edited by kedar_GT : 24th May 2023 at 11:00. Reason: Quote
kedar_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 12:36   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Avinash. Definitely let's catch up soon and do a photo shoot. Finding a green(ish) might be a challenge though

And a special thanks to you for the contact who helped get the car ASAP. I hate playing waiting games
Did you guys say 'Greenish'? Would a Tropical Mist do ?
Ashwin Morey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 14:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilarni View Post
Wow Sunay (aka Fusionbang), Congratulations !

Wishing you many many miles of fun and safe drives.
Thank you Nikhil. Glad you liked the review, will do my best to keep this thread updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition Sunay. Your review is pretty comprehensive with the entire process and details of the vehicle.

Wish you happy miles (kilometers) with the legendary Safari.
Thanks Vibin

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Congratulations @fusionbang. Wish you many kilometers of happy ownership. I love your choice of color - reminds me of the white wolf!

Tata has certainly upped their game quite a bit in the last decade - you seem to have all the features you could ask for from a modern family SUV. Do keep us posted on your ownership and service experience.
Thanks Lalith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Congratulations on your steed @fusionbang!

Can you share from where you picked up the 3rd row noodle mats from? And did you cut these to size? Also - can these be attached to the 3rd row seat back? (velcro?)
Also, did the 7D mats come with a detachable noodle mat cover?

Did you do PPF on the front and rear bumper?

Congratulations again !

Cheers
Thank you kedar_GT. Agree with the feature set, it has more than what XUV7OO offers in the current day.

I picked the 3rd row noodle mat from one of the local vendor in Vijayanagar, Bangalore. The guy selling it does it for the cars and he cut the mat in to exact shape and made sure it covers the entire boot with 3rd row folded. It costs 80₹ per feet and costed me 1130₹.

Yes, the 7D mats come with a detachable noodle mat cover.

PPF was done on Front bumper, bonnet, fender & ORVMs. Did not do it for the rear bumper.

Quote:
Did you guys say 'Greenish'? Would a Tropical Mist do ?
Tropical Mist should do it, if you can come over it would be great:P
fusionbang is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 17:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

This week will be a mile munching week for the Indominus and will be adding close to 1700Km on the ODO. Last 4 days, did a 1000km drive from Bangalore-Shimoga and back, with a small drive to Thirthahalli from Shimoga and back.

The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_0665.jpeg

And, this beast surprised me with the efficiency and I am in love with the ride comfort, smoothness and the way car behaves on the highway.

The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_0656.jpeg

Above is from the MID, but when I checked in the Fuelio app after the refill, it showed me a whopping 20.73kmpl. I am little surprised, however, I am not sure if it is accurate.

The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_0671.jpeg

ODO currently stands at 2007Km, and I have a drive planned this weekend. Hence decided to get the first service done. Went to Classic Motors, Yeshwantpur for the first service and I was out in couple of hours. I did not opt for washing services, as I have the ceramic coating done and have an inspection coming up next week, and will get it washed then. Filled up DEF to 100% and got the underbody coating done at the service centre from Auto Krom.

I was not planning for the underbody coating, as I don't intend to use the car off-roading. But service centre quoted a minimal price and hence got it done.

The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_0668.jpeg

The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_0670.jpeg

The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_0669.jpeg

Will post some pics of the car in my next post after the trip.
fusionbang is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 00:28   #30

Congratulations on your beloved Indominus (really like the name).
I have my scheduled XZA+ adventure orcus white model for delivery on 2nd June. Hoping for a good experience overall. Any specific accessory I should purchase/avoid? TIA .

Last edited by libranof1987 : 26th June 2023 at 17:57. Reason: Two smileys/post
kartik_2502 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks