Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2024, 21:51   #76

Re: The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona

Hello

Awesome to see your Beast in all the lovely pics + good information shared.

I recently purchased a pre-owned 2022 XT+ Safari.
Since then, haven't done any upgrades except for full body PPF, window tint and & ceramic coating.

During a recent drive through Charmady ghats (Mangalore to Sakaleshpura), had a scary driving experience as it was already dark, drizzling and foggy.
The stock low beams were pathetic and each opposite vehicle was making the edge of the road disappear.
The high beams were of no help as well, they just managed to create a brighter curtain of fog in front of the car :-)
Hence was looking to upgrade the lighting as soon as possible, when I came across this discussion.

Please feel free to respond as per your convenience:

1. Blaupunkt LEDs 55W - Are you planning to upgrade again as you mentioned in one of your responses that you are not happy with them? If 'yes', have you researched any options yet?
2. Azoom LEDs - Is the experience better on highways now? And where did you get them from?

Also, regarding some of the nice additions you have made:

1. 7D Mats:
1.1 Where did you get them from and how much did they cost?
1.2 Do they provide coverage for all the three rows?
1.3 Are they easy to maintain?

2. Blaupunkt wind tone horns:
2.1 Was there any wire cutting involved?
2.2 How is the performance?
2.3 How much did they cost?

I stay in north part of Bangalore and haven't taken my beast to any service yet.
What service center would you suggest, asking this as most people say that TATA SVC is not that great and only owners who have experience on this are the best guides.

Sorry if that seems like a carpet bombing of questions :-)

Just haven been able to get in touch with any Safari/Harrier owner so far hence in a world of technical dilemma about the Car.
anup.g13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 16:01   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup.g13 View Post
Hello

Awesome to see your Beast in all the lovely pics + good information shared.

I recently purchased a pre-owned 2022 XT+ Safari.
Thanks and hearty congratulations on owing this beast

Quote:
Please feel free to respond as per your convenience:

1. Blaupunkt LEDs 55W - Are you planning to upgrade again as you mentioned in one of your responses that you are not happy with them? If 'yes', have you researched any options yet?

-No, I did mention that the throw/cut off was bad because of the way the bulbs were installed. I adjusted the bulbs myself and now I am loving the throw of it. I rarely use high beams, until and unless it is too dark or with oncoming vehicles with high beams on and no courtesy to dip to low beams. Overall, it has been great experience with these bulbs and I am loving it. So you can go with it eyes closed from any Tata dealer (showroom accessories guy), and you end up getting 2 years warranty as well for the bulbs.

2. Azoom LEDs - Is the experience better on highways now? And where did you get them from?

- These LEDs are brilliant and it comes with 1 year warranty. You can source it at any car accessories shop. I would still suggest to go with the Blaupunkt LEDs from the showroom as you get 2 years warranty and they are good enough as well. Mine has a little higher wattage compared to what you get from Tata. I have 70W per bulb on the high beam, whereas the Tata one's are 55W. So take a call based on that.

Also, regarding some of the nice additions you have made:

1. 7D Mats:
1.1 Where did you get them from and how much did they cost?

- I got them from Elegant on their website directly, through whatsapp. They send you the examples on WhatsApp and you can place order with them. They are of very good quality and I am loving them. It costed me 7600₹ all included. You can talk to them for some good discounts.

Below is the link to the product, they have different color combinations available.

https://elegantautoretail.com/produc...te-tata-safari

1.2 Do they provide coverage for all the three rows?

- Yes, it is for all 3 rows.

1.3 Are they easy to maintain?

- Pretty easy to remove and put it back. But like every other 7D mats, once you remove and put them back, the base layer doesn't seem to hold its shape like day 1. So you will have to adjust with it. Or if you don't have kids or pets, who can soil easily, 3D mats should suffice and they will look elegant.

2. Blaupunkt wind tone horns:
2.1 Was there any wire cutting involved?

- No wire cutting done, I never take chances with the manufacturer warranty, so a big NO from me for cutting wires. It is just plug and play.

2.2 How is the performance?

- Performance is really good and I love how people make way with a single honk. Also, I use them rarely and try not to blow the horn unnecessarily.

2.3 How much did they cost?

- I think it costed me around 900₹

I stay in north part of Bangalore and haven't taken my beast to any service yet.
What service center would you suggest, asking this as most people say that TATA SVC is not that great and only owners who have experience on this are the best guides.

- I have a good rapport with Classic motors, Yeshwanthpur right from my Tiago days. So it's been a good experience for me. If it's close by for you and commutable, I would recommend it any time. Reach out to me if you use it for your services, I can put a word with my SA.
No worries, happy to help. Please find my answers inline.

Wish you lots of Happy s(miles) on the beast. Keep munching them and you will appreciate this land rover pedigree.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 19:11   #78

@fusionbang

Thank you so much for your responses & as suggested will drop into Classic motors soon.

Is there any Safari/Harrier owners' group or something as such in Bengaluru?
Old 9th February 2024, 22:20   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Is there any Safari/Harrier owners' group or something as such in Bengaluru?
Yes we do. You can look for Band of Safari Souls on Facebook and you should be able send in a request to join. Also, the admins there can help you with the link to WhatsApp group.
Old 23rd February 2024, 18:09   #80
Senior - BHPian

15000 Kms Update & 3rd Free Service:

Indominus has reached a significant milestone (15K kms on the ODO) and just completed its 3rd free service, even before its first Birthday.

The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_3219.jpeg

February month has been quite busy with almost all the weekends covering close to 2500Kms. One weekend was a drive to Mysore and back, and the next was to Coorg and back, and yet another 800Km drive planned the coming weekend. The car never ceases to amaze me with its ability to munch miles, exceptional ride quality and enough power for our highways. I look forward to drive this beast, every time there is an Opportunity and stretch its legs on the highways.

So far, haven't faced any major niggles (touchwood), apart from some minor glitches with the infotainment software. A simple reboot resolves it and I am one happy customer. Having said that, there are a few Quality or manufacturing issues as listed below, which is bothering especially with people like me who have an OCD with even minute things in the car.

1. Rubber beading in the front windshield has a small gap, which I couldn't notice in the initial days.

2. Also, the beading in the boot door, where the rear windshield touches the body is loose hanging and I was told that's how it is supposed to be. Even another car had it the same way. (An idea's if we can use some gum to fix it permanently?)

3. Memory seat buttons backlight intensity has come down and the buttons 1 & 3, is not bright enough. I am not sure if that's how it is in all cars, or specific to mine. Again, I was told that's how it is. I couldn't check on the other car, as it was a bright day.

The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_2999.jpeg

Apart from the above, it's been a wonderful car and the performance has been top notch. Most of the times it is on City mode and never felt the need to switch to sports mode (family being with me is another reason ). Planning to go on a solo drive to stretch it's legs in sports mode.

And, the tires are doing great at 15K Kms and the brake pads have at least another 15K Kms life left in them, when I checked.

3rd Free service was a mixed experience at the service center, even though the car was handed over in half a day with washing. As recommended, engine oil was changed, DEF topped up, Consumables changed and all checks completed. One thing I was unhappy about was the washing, even though I don't get my car washed at the service center, I went ahead with it as it was a free one and also the car was dirty inside out from the recent trip. But the washing was done very badly and I could notice the dirt and some places not wiped properly. I promptly gave a feedback, when I received a call from the service center.

Otherwise, I was out in flat 4 hours and proceeded to get the alignment and balancing done at Madhu's. Was surprised to see that the alignment was perfect and no changes to be done, also the tires are holding good on the tread wear.

With another month and a half to go for the 1st birthday of the car, I am planning to do couple of small mods as the birthday gift.

1. Paint the brake calipers in red.
2. Get some team bhp stickers

The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_2894.jpeg

The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_2897.jpeg

Sorry not much pictures of the car this time, as I was tad little busy to click some.

Last edited by fusionbang : 23rd February 2024 at 18:16.
fusionbang is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 11:15   #81

Thanks for the Information on LED Upgrade. I own a 2023 Red Dark Safari.

I have upgraded my High Beam with Blaupunkt LED Headlamp H7-55W 6K with 2 year warranty from TATA authorized service center, costed 7243 including labor charges and happy with the upgrade.

Also upgraded the Horn with Blaupunkt, shell horn S92 BL, it is good, however my expectation was little higher. Does anyone tried Blaupunkt Velocity Chrome Horn S95 CH?

I also wanted to upgrade my Low beam HID Projector lamp, TATA Service center provides option of Blaupunkt LED Headlamp D5S-55W 6K with 2 year warranty, costing 9749 including labor charges, still not decided to upgrade. Any inputs or comparative images of low beam after upgrade, is it worth. also worried about the alignment of LED vs HID in the same projector setup
Old 29th March 2024, 14:09   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_D_S_7 View Post
Thanks for the Information on LED Upgrade. I own a 2023 Red Dark Safari.

I have upgraded my High Beam with Blaupunkt LED Headlamp H7-55W 6K with 2 year warranty from TATA authorized service center, costed 7243 including labor charges and happy with the upgrade.

Also upgraded the Horn with Blaupunkt, shell horn S92 BL, it is good, however my expectation was little higher. Does anyone tried Blaupunkt Velocity Chrome Horn S95 CH?

I also wanted to upgrade my Low beam HID Projector lamp, TATA Service center provides option of Blaupunkt LED Headlamp D5S-55W 6K with 2 year warranty, costing 9749 including labor charges, still not decided to upgrade. Any inputs or comparative images of low beam after upgrade, is it worth. also worried about the alignment of LED vs HID in the same projector setup
Nice to know, you are loving the upgrade. On the horn, I would suggest to roll down the windows and check how it sounds. With all windows closed, you might hear less of the horn, because of the insulation. On the outside, it is pretty loud.

On Low Beam HID, no issues with using the LED bulbs. I have gone with the Blaupunkt bulbs supported by Tata with the warranty. I feel they are pretty good and I don't have to use high beams most of the times. So in my opinion, it is a worthy upgrade.
Old 29th March 2024, 14:32   #83
BHPian

Owning the exact spec from Aug 2023 - Safari XZA+ Adv in Orcus White - and that is why I keep a close eye on your updates @fusionbag. Happy to see your trouble-free experience and count me in the same set as you. Luckily no big issues except for infotainment system once in a while.

Agree on some of the QA bits, yes we definitely expect better on 28lac rupee car but overall it's a pleasure specially on the highways. Not so much on city drives.
Looking at your instant FE, my FE figures too have been impressive on highway. On Mumbai Pune expressway including the ghats, cluster showed 21KMPL for that stretch of about 60-70 km.

Wish you lot of happy miles with the beast - will be hooked to the thread and pics you share. Attaching a pic of my stead.
Attached Thumbnails
The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-safariab.jpg  

Rodie09 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks