Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2023, 14:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
The second service includes oil change or just inspections?

By the way, how long in terms of timing/ duration the car did not go on highway or attained the operating temperature to clear the soot. To see that OBD light and soot indicator is really strange. A 3-4 week easy drive would make it collect so much soot?
Second service is just inspections, no oil change. Oil change is scheduled for 15K kms service or 1 year.

It was on the highway last week on Sunday and it was all fine yesterday as well. I had stopped to fill fuel and once I restarted, this OBD light started showing up. From the fellow owner's experiences, it seems to go away after doing a regen. I am planning to send a screenshot to my SA and confirm with the mechanic, if that's the case or if it is something else.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 22:41   #62
BHPian

Re: The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Second service is just inspections, no oil change. Oil change is scheduled for 15K kms service or 1 year.

It was on the highway last week on Sunday and it was all fine yesterday as well. I had stopped to fill fuel and once I restarted, this OBD light started showing up. From the fellow owner's experiences, it seems to go away after doing a regen. I am planning to send a screenshot to my SA and confirm with the mechanic, if that's the case or if it is something else.
Issue popping up after a fill - suspect fuel quality may have caused it too.
Old 21st September 2023, 13:50   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Issue popping up after a fill - suspect fuel quality may have caused it too.
Strangely the issue disappeared on its own today morning, when I was about to take it out and do some regen by running the car above 60kmph in 3rd gear and engine rpm above 2500rpm.

Going on a 1000km trip starting today evening and hope the issue doesn't show up again after some highway runs(fingerscrossed).
Old 28th September 2023, 12:27   #64
Senior - BHPian

8000Kms update:

The Indominus crossed 8000km mark recently. It's been 5 months and I have been adding miles on the ODO and the car has performed flawlessly providing the best comfort you would need from an automobile. There have been some minor issues/niggles with the infotainment and that was taken care after a reboot or letting it settle for some time.

Few pointers I would like to highlight as part of the minor niggles:

1. After a refuel, the range does not get updated immediately. I will have to turn off the car completely, lock the car and then unlock for the range to be updated. Not sure, if this is a software issue or that's how it is designed.

2. Faced DPF issue once in these 5 months and it self healed on its own, when I took the car out to do some manual regen. Post that did some highway driving this weekend and hope the error doesn't show up.

3. Earlier, every time you activated cruise control or change the drive modes, the system used to announce it through the speakers. Of late I just see the display on the infotainment and there is no announcement. I believe the software needs to be updated to the latest version, as I haven't done any updates from the time I bought the car. Currently it is running the version from March 2023.

4. Last Sunday, post my trip as I was nearing to my house I could hear a whining sound in sync with the throttle input and it was something new. Took the car to the service center and the SA could pin point the issue as soon as heard the sound. I was told it is a known issue in Harrier and Safari twins and it is the Idler pulley which makes this noise when it is worn out. The bearings have worn out and it needs to be replaced. This will be done under warranty and as of now waiting for the part to arrive.

I don't hear that sound now after it was checked, but I believe it was cleaned when it was being checked which resulted in the sound to vanish. I think, it would appear once there is some dust accumulated.

Will post some pics once the replacement part arrives and changed.

This month will be slow with son's mid term exams and Dasara festival and might not add too many miles. Will update this thread once the above issue is taken care.
fusionbang is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 14:04   #65
BHPian

Quote:
8000Kms update:

3. Earlier, every time you activated cruise control or change the drive modes, the system used to announce it through the speakers. Of late I just see the display on the infotainment and there is no announcement. I believe the software needs to be updated to the latest version, as I haven't done any updates from the time I bought the car. Currently it is running the version from March 2023.
In my Nexon EV - there's an option to turn on/off the voice warnings which come up when you change the drive mode. See if you have that option and if it's turned off.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th October 2023 at 17:30. Reason: Punctuation, typos
Sandegov is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 3rd October 2023, 10:54   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
In my nexon ev - theres an option to turn on/off the voice warnings which come up when you change the drive mode..see if you have that option and if its turned off.
You were right, the voice alert option was turned off through the infotainment. Although, I am not sure what or who turned it off.

For now, I have turned it off so that I don't hear the car saying it out loud.
fusionbang is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 17:15   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Strangely the issue disappeared on its own today morning, when I was about to take it out and do some regen by running the car above 60kmph in 3rd gear and engine rpm above 2500rpm.

Going on a 1000km trip starting today evening and hope the issue doesn't show up again after some highway runs(fingerscrossed).
A little late to this thread i guess. I drive a Safari Red Dark XZA+ and am just loving it. About 7500 km in 5 months and must say it is a vehicle which loves munching miles. Through with my second service last week.

The warning mentioned in the above post seems to be an error in reading some sensor or a transient failure. It might be stored in the DTC of your ECU or may have been cleared during service.

The regen warning would come up as the DPF sign. The regen process mentioned above by you works fine to clear the DPF error, I managed regen by driving in first gear, manual mode at 27 kmph for 4-5 km(Strict speed restrictions where I stay). It did make the DPF warning go off but it again popped up after 80 kms or so. This is attributed to the extent of soot cleared during regen. Regular fun drives or highway trips keep the DPF clean, unfortunately, I do not get to do such drives often.

However, if long drives are not an option, Regen at ASS does a better job of clearing the soot from the DPF. Takes about 20 mins and 3-4 l of Diesel. It hurt me to see my car doing 3-4k rpm standing inside a shed when the ASS guys did it. Their diagnostic laptop does all the process. The ASS guys seem to love doing it in Kanpur. They offered it to me when I went with an error on IRA which was totally unrelated. The SA said, “Sir aur kuch toh mil nahi raha hai, regen karwa lo DPF saaf rahega”. IMO not the best course of action due to lack of Ram air cooling, driving around is healthier and more fun, for the car as well as me.

Please do educate us about your headlamp upgrade performance. Did the ASS guys not object to changes in wattage etc. Would love to know more about it, cost, time, PnP or not etc.
FLYBOYSID is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 11:03   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYBOYSID View Post

The warning mentioned in the above post seems to be an error in reading some sensor or a transient failure. It might be stored in the DTC of your ECU or may have been cleared during service.
I haven't been to the service center after that, and no issues so far post that. Many from the Safari group I am part of have noticed this and it has vanished for them in a day or two. Also, the manual says "It remains 'ON' for any engine related fault that may increase emission levels of the vehicle beyond the regulatory norms", so I could co relate to the adulterated fuel which might have been pumped during the refill and when the truck was unloading. I would definitely like to understand the pattern of this, if it ever occurs again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYBOYSID View Post
Please do educate us about your headlamp upgrade performance. Did the ASS guys not object to changes in wattage etc. Would love to know more about it, cost, time, PnP or not etc.
All 6 bulbs were plug and play. For high beam and fog lamps went with aftermarket LED bulbs, as Tata did not have any genuine accessories then. Even though these 2 made a big difference in the output, I was somehow not happy with the low beams, as it was not sufficient in highways or when you have cars with powerful LEDs.

Hence decided to change the low beams as well to the one Tata is selling now as genuine accessories, and I see good improvement overall. I would definitely recommend to change to LEDs from Tata, which comes with 2 year standard warranty.

ASS did not have any issue with the change in wattage. It took approx hald an hour to change the bulbs and it was done without removing the bumper. The costs of the bulbs are as below:

1. High beam - Azoom LEDs 75W each - ₹10,500/- (2 year Warranty)
2. Fog lamps - Quaden LEDs 24W each - ₹2500/-
3. Low beam - Blaupunkt LEDs 55W each - ₹8999/- (Tata genuine accessories with 2 year Warranty)

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.
Old 26th October 2023, 10:32   #69
BHPian

Quote:
8000Kms update:

1. After a refuel, the range does not get updated immediately. I will have to turn off the car completely, lock the car and then unlock for the range to be updated. Not sure, if this is a software issue or that's how it is designed.

It is usually not the case. The range does get automatically updated on its own.
The voice activation for mode change requires you to change the settings within the system. For me, I have disabled the audio output.
shashi792 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 12:20   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi792 View Post
It is usually not the case. The range does get automatically updated on its own.
Do you know if it happens immediately after you fill? Mine is BS6.2 Apr 2023 manufactured with the fully digital instrument cluster. If it is really an issue with my car, then I will have to get it fixed at the service center. May be the latest software update should take care of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi792 View Post
The voice activation for mode change requires you to change the settings within the system. For me, I have disabled the audio output.
Right, I was able to figure out that the voice alert was turned off which muted the audio. For now, even I have disabled the audio output.
Old 26th October 2023, 12:49   #71
BHPian

Quote:

I have a 2023 BS6 Ph2 Harrier and face this same issue while post fueling. Only when the car is switched off, locked and then restarted, does the fuel gauge and range update on the cluster. Complained about it at the SC but they said there was no fix for the issue.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 11:31   #72

Quote:
Indominus completed 7500kms recently and the second service was done last week. Had been to Classic motors Yeshwanthpur for the service and was out in 3 hours flat with washing. Just had one minor thing to be taken care, where the wiper was not spraying correctly on to the windshield which was fixed, but now the water sprays over the windshield, which I’m planning to take care myself.
Hi, I too own a Safari XZ 2023 model. i just wanted to know the specs of the stock low beam bulbs. Are those D5S HIDs or LEDs and whether they can be upgraded to LEDs?

Last edited by graaja : 18th November 2023 at 11:40. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please quote only a small or relevant part of a post
Old 20th November 2023, 10:44   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEKHAR1740 View Post
Hi, I too own a Safari XZ 2023 model. i just wanted to know the specs of the stock low beam bulbs. Are those D5S HIDs or LEDs and whether they can be upgraded to LEDs?
I believe the XZ model comes with H7 bulbs for low beam, can you confirm if your light output is yellow or white in color?

If it is halogen, then it is H7 bulbs, else it is D5S HID's.

Both bulbs can be upgraded to LEDs. Tata sells Blaupunkt LEDs for the Safari and you can visit your showroom to get them installed. Should be plug and play and it comes with 2 years warranty. Also, your car warranty is not impacted. Hope this helps.
Old 18th December 2023, 14:27   #74
Senior - BHPian

Impromptu drive to Coorg:

After a long time, got a chance to stretch the legs of Indominus for an impromptu drive to my native, Coorg. Started from home Saturday morning via Mysore and did a mileage check by cruising at 99kmph on the Bangalore-Mysore expressway. It was a relaxed drive and I am impressed with the mileage returned by this beast 😍

The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_2474.jpeg

Jodupala falls for a short break
The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_2475.jpeg

Looking at the hills
The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_2476.jpeg

Looks grow on me every time I look at this beauty
The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_2479.jpeg

Right now the Odo is at 11.3k and will be adding another 1k during Christmas. This beast can definitely munch miles at ease and comfort, without tiring the passengers. Looking forward to more drives in 2024😊
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 14:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

12500 kms Update:

Over the holidays, did a 1500km run and it is the highest miles munched by Indominus over its ownership journey. With Christmas vacation in place for son and being year end, did a 10 day marathon run. The beast never disappoints when you are on the highway, munching miles like no other business.

Did the below circuit over these 10days with multiple stop overs at relatives and in law's.

Day 1 - Bangalore - Shimoga
Day 2 - Sakrebyle & Tunga Reservoir
Day 3 - Shimoga - Sringeri - Horanadu - Shimoga
Day 4 - Shimoga - Kollur - Mandarthi - Sullia
Day 5 - Rest at home
Day 6 - Sullia - Madikeri - Abby Falls - Raja Seat - Sullia
Day 7 - Rest at home
Day 8 - Attending a wedding in Madikeri
Day 9 - Madikeri - Mysore (New year eve)
Day 10 - Mysore - Bangalore

Beast performed flawlessly across all kind of roads (bad, good, worst). Only grouse for the passengers in the back seat was because of the little body roll in ghats. Never felt the power was not enough with full load.

Very soon will be up for 3rd service and have some minor points listed to be addressed

1. Left wiper spray is not correct
2. Some misalignment with the rubber beading in the left top portion of the windshield.
3. Right plastic cladding of the roof bar is misaligned near the 3rd row window

Some pictures from the trip:

Before the start of the trip:
The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_2603.jpeg

@ Sringeri:
The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_2628.jpeg

The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_2633.jpeg

Boot loaded to the brim:
The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_2643.jpeg

The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_2645.jpeg

The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_2647.jpeg

The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_2704.jpeg

One with the Fortuner:
The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_2705.jpeg

Overall trip stats:
The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona-img_2764.jpeg

Last edited by fusionbang : 2nd January 2024 at 14:08.
fusionbang is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks