Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2007, 15:05   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Does Rs. 4846 include all the oil changes e.g engine oil, gear oil etc ??
Yes. That cost includes the first 3 services + the 4th paid service at 20K kms.

1st Service = Rs.563
Oil filter and engine oil

2nd Service = Rs. 3
They charged me for a carpet tack

3rd Service = Rs. 660
Again basically oil and filter. Don't remember what else.

4th Service = Rs. 3620
Replaced spark plugs
Replaced engine oil
Replaced oil filter
Replaced Air Filter
Replaced Coolant
Replaced Gear Oil
Replaced Brake Oil
Replaced Wiper Blades

Total Rs. 4846.

EDIT - I requested for all fluids to be changed during 4th service. Service guy had said they normally change stuff only if necessary. If they went by their own process, the bill would have been lower.

Last edited by shuvc : 6th September 2007 at 15:14.
Old 6th September 2007, 15:10   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Does Rs. 4846 include all the oil changes e.g engine oil, gear oil etc ??
Hi,

My iDSI service costs is Rs.1199 per regular paid service (oil change + labour).

Upto 22000 KM, I had done 4 services (3 regular ones + 4th being at 20K a touch more expensive, let's say Rs. 2000). So the service cost for first 20K running is normally ~Rs.5500 unless you go for paint-protection, anti-rust, etc...

Also, FE is simply amazing for a car of this size, space and comfort.
~14 in City. Comparing to a car that gives FE of 11 in the city, iDSI provides you a straight 36% savings in your fuel bills.

And the FE of 14 in city with A/C on is consistent for me over last 3 years, 48000 KM.

On highways, at a steady speed in the range of 80 to 110 kmph, I have gotten the FE of ~20!!!!

iDSI is iDSI...
Old 6th September 2007, 15:21   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post

Then I saw that you have spent 4779 on service charges in 6000kms. Whereas my service charges over 20months/22000 kms is almost the same !! Rs. 4846.

Can you elaborate on the service charges ? Are those standard service costs or did you have any extra expenses ?
Hi Shuvc,

The service charges are high because they changed the engine oil twice and I also requested them to carry out some cosmetic jobs like UV coating on paint surface etc. You can see the details in the below image.

Old 6th September 2007, 15:22   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Also, FE is simply amazing for a car of this size, space and comfort.
~14 in City. Comparing to a car that gives FE of 11 in the city, iDSI provides you a straight 36% savings in your fuel bills.
Let me pull your leg a bit

Compared to the OTR cost of 7.8L for a 14kmpl FE car, a car with 11kpml costing 6.6L gives you a straight saving of 1.2L on your purchase price. Over 48000kms you would have made up 50K of that deficit. Edit: Additional cost of interest for the extra 1.2L loan not factored in. (In case one takes a loan).

I guess we are going off topic here with something that has been discussed a zillion times in the forum.

Your inputs on the service costs looks ok. Still wondering why @narasimha has such high costs. EDIT : Ah saw your post after posting mine.

Last edited by shuvc : 6th September 2007 at 15:28.
Old 6th September 2007, 15:26   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Off topic?

Yes.

The topic reads NHC vtec TD.

So the question you are asking Narasimha is quite spot on!

Both of you have a Vtec, right?

Regarding bringing OTR into equation, you are missing a very important car - Indigo. It will turn the whole equation of initial + running costs upside down.

But, Indigo does not have a Vtec, so off-topic I guess.
Old 6th September 2007, 15:36   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Comparing to a car that gives FE of 11 in the city, iDSI provides you a straight 36% savings in your fuel bills.
I drive my Baleno 80 % on the highways and it has returned FEs between 9 Kmpl and 18Kmpl depending on the driving. I am happy that I did not opt for Honda City as it would have saved me 36% (or even more) money but would have made me 100 % unhappy . anyway, just joking
Old 6th September 2007, 15:40   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Off topic?
Now now, why would you be so sarcastic ?

I at least realised that we were going off topic in the NHC Vtec thread.

Go back to post 26. Your first post in this thread is regarding the iDSi and some more of the following posts too.
Old 6th September 2007, 15:40   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes. That cost includes the first 3 services + the 4th paid service at 20K kms.

1st Service = Rs.563
Oil filter and engine oil

2nd Service = Rs. 3
They charged me for a carpet tack

EDIT - I requested for all fluids to be changed during 4th service. Service guy had said they normally change stuff only if necessary. If they went by their own process, the bill would have been lower.
its good that I did not keep track of the costs as I change engine oil every 3000Km and my car has travelled 38K Km. The city owners would have pointed out that Baleno has huge maintenance cost
Old 6th September 2007, 15:51   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now now, why would you be so sarcastic ?

I at least realised that we were going off topic in the NHC Vtec thread.

Go back to post 26. Your first post in this thread is regarding the iDSi and some more of the following posts too.
That's because the thread owner says in his very first post that he did a TD of Vtec because iDSI was not available and he checks with everyone here about how iDSI feels, etc (till he gets one to TD).

The thread compares between NHC versions, their pick-up and FE...

Then you compare City's service cost with that of your Baleno's, people provide you with their perspectives on that with their data and you declare them "off-topic"!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 6th September 2007 at 15:52.
Old 6th September 2007, 16:13   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then you compare City's service cost with that of your Baleno's, people provide you with their perspectives on that with their data and you declare them "off-topic"!
My primary Q to @narasimha was about his service costs - which is the last line of the post. The data I mentioned in the same post regarding my car was just to explain my thought process and why the cost seemed a bit odd.

It was never meant to be a comparison between the two cars. C'mon the Baleno isn't even sold now. But somehow you felt it was a comparison and started giving details about FE savings wrt Baleno.

If you notice my smiley - I was pulling your leg by giving a counter comparo between the cars. In the same post I acknowledged your inputs on the NHC service costs, since that seemed proper.

All this comparison between Baleno and NHC is OT here. I've seen this discussed umpteen times in the last 2+ years and frankly I wouldn't be bothered providing out of context comparos.

Chill ..
Old 8th September 2007, 14:40   #101
BHPian

hello guys i took deleivery of nhc today exi version,
as i spoke to dealer he told me we have to bare cost of all the oil, filter change in all the servicing , but as i read somewhere in this site that in second service company change oil and filter at there cost

so please inform me if we have to bear the cost always
Old 9th September 2007, 00:26   #102
Senior - BHPian

Yes buddy you will have to bear the cost. Only companies like GM dont take the costs for oil & filter or any consumables in all their free services.
Old 9th September 2007, 08:50   #103
BHPian

Final date of the New City VTEC launch is 11th Sept. The cars are already reaching the dealerships. Called the 10th Anniversary model. Price to be declared on 10th or 11th only. Lets wait for some TD reports as I wont be going to Jaipur in the near future.

Main Changes are:
1. ABS
2. SRS (Airbags)
3. New Alpine audio system (NOT INTEGRATED)
4. Leather seats.
5. New Steering Wheel (Due to SRS airbags).

Might be some other minor cosmetic modifications. I have been invited to inspect the car at Jaipur and also test drive it (though RTO approval yet to come--is it needed again?). The car was recieved there at 4 pm today and I had this talk at 5 pm.

Expected increase in price?? (If HONDA prices it aggresively, I'd say 20,000 or less, otherwise upto 55000 or so).

No ABS and airbags in the Idsi models. How will they compete with SX4, lets see? I think they are trying to compete only with the SX4 Zxi Leather version.
If they increase the price of this VTEC then the H1 of the Corolla becomes an exceptional buy for the price.

WHAT DISCOUNTS CAN I EXPECT ON THE COROLLA H1? I want to buy 1 immediately (delivery latest by 25th Sept or so). Which colour of the Corolla H1 is good? (No black, plain white or dark colours please).
Old 9th September 2007, 08:53   #104
BHPian

Another thing, Should Not This Thread Be Now Shifted to The Long Term Ownership Reports section?? Or a new thread started in that section?
Old 10th September 2007, 18:42   #105
BHPian

Hey Pabheda, many congratulations on your NHC. Do let us know your first impressions.

Happy driving!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks