Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2006, 01:13   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord
I agree with Shuvc. In my case the difference between the Lxi and Vxi quotes was 45K. There was a massive discount on the Vxi because the "new" Baleno supposed to come out, and even the dealers were confused what it would do to their stocks of the "old" Baleno!

Thanks to this forum I got info that the changes were not going to be substantial, and cashed in. Managed to also get the dealer to throw in a Pioneer 4750 HU and PU seats. I was happy not to have massive mods done to my new car, and I feel great at the right choice I made.

Perhaps what I may add are a s/woofer.... everything else is stock!

On another note, has anyone tried to uncover the carpeting from the rear speakers on the Vxi, and does it make a diff. to the sound?
I have got 6*9 in teh rear and hence I did uncover the carpeting....cause I had to cut the rear parcel tray for that...It makes a difference to the sound at least in case of 6*9s as teh original slots (meant for 6.5 in round speakers) cover a part of the speaker and muffle the bass..

not a god idea as you start getting some rattle out of that later...(very low but a careful ear can hear the diff)
my suggestion would be
1. Add tweeters and
2. Add subwoofer to your setup....rest everything can remain same......

Last edited by Buffetfan : 2nd February 2006 at 01:15.
Old 2nd February 2006, 12:31   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
does not make much difference though...I have the BSIII and my friend the BS II...I have still realised that he cannot catch up with me easily..(in fact cannot catch up in spirited driving) .and we are talking about straight sections here...
No. This means either you are better driver than him, Or, he is very conservative in pushing his car. Swap the cars and try same exercise. You may notice the difference appreciably (if any).
Old 2nd February 2006, 15:47   #48

Recently took a test ride of Baleno Vxi. Found it quite reasonable. But wifey dear was complaining about the low seating position for the passanger. Bro-in-law also chimed in saying that the rear seats are quite a pain-in-the-wrong-place for long drives.
There is so much being debated in these pages for Baleno, but other than one or two references to "low seating", I have not come across anyone berating the Baleno seats. Any words of guidance from those with big families including parents in back seat, with long drives to boot?
Hope this is not off-topic really...
Old 2nd February 2006, 15:59   #49
Senior - BHPian

TellATaleAL, which car is your wife used to? If she is used to hatchbacks like Santro/Wagon-R, she will find most sedans low seating ones. So, take it with a pinch of salt!
Old 2nd February 2006, 20:02   #50
BHPian

RX135 is right, if you are used to a "tall-boy" car like the Santro or Wagon-R, then the seating on Baleno is "low". However all sedans in this class are more or less the same.
Old 3rd February 2006, 06:45   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TellATaleAL
...Bro-in-law also chimed in saying that the rear seats are quite a pain-in-the-wrong-place for long drives...
Hey Al, Complaining about Baleno's rear seat comfort is nothing short of heresy! The superior thigh support design and independent suspensions make this car one of the b-e-s-t for long distance or crater ridden roads (read Mumbai). I have made quite a few 3-6 hour drives with my 75-80 year old parents and can absolutely vouch (on their behalf) about its rear-seat comfort. Only make sure that your tyre pressure is correct for the load that you are carrying.

Also see comments from another review here.
Old 3rd February 2006, 09:50   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
If you get to see an BsII Baleno.look at the Engine exhaust manifold too...it is very different in BsII and BS III....the BS III has a much bigger protrusion compared to the BS II ..to make that you require more steel and hence more weight I guess
That protrusion is the close coupled catalytic converter.
Old 3rd February 2006, 14:45   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Only make sure that your tyre pressure is correct for the load that you are carrying.
hmmm...i've been doing a lot of experimentation with this particular aspect.

Would love if other Baleno owners can share the psi's they maintain at different loads..

and BTW i agree that the ride at the back in the Baleno is nothing short of outstanding period.
Old 7th February 2006, 00:34   #54
Senior - BHPian

I maintain 30 psi in my 185/65 R 14 tyres (goodyear eagle nct 5)
Old 14th February 2006, 20:41   #55
BHPian

Really tuf 2 decide Baleno LXxi & Vxi
Owners of the Baleno Vxi please comment on the mp3 system & speakers.
Is it good enough for avg bass & treble?or does it need upgradation?
if so then Lxi is more teempting
Old 14th February 2006, 23:25   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Really tuf 2 decide Baleno LXxi & Vxi
The only real advantage I can think of in the Vxi is that it has a rear defogger.
which is a real boon during winter.

You can always buy aftermarket alloys which suit your tastes (and go for 6" rather than the 5.5" they provide)

I don't know if the foglamps are standard fitment on the Vxi , but you can always find similar shaped ones for the Lxi as well (I wasn't able to find aftermarket exact fits - and the originals were far too expensive)

As for th esystem - my Lxi came with a free Nippon Audiotronics unit - it's quite clear at low-mid volumes but you can't listen to it too loud.

Just keep th edefogger as a seperate option and add up the prices of the other extras which youd like - an dthen see what you'd prefer.

zaphod
Old 15th February 2006, 00:45   #57
Senior - BHPian

i bought a lxi and got a defogger put as an addon.ofcourse it isnt the same as the OE defogger but its there an still works well.
honestly i think it makes a lot of sense buying the Lxi.you can put your choice of alloys and a bigger size say 14 if your not interested in 15 with much wider rubber 195mm.
your choice of music setup with/without amp and/or sub.similar sized fog lamps.after market spoiler if your interested in one.all this for a price much much less that 1 lakh which they charge for the Vxi.

rev

Last edited by revtech : 15th February 2006 at 00:48.
Old 15th February 2006, 10:55   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama
Owners of the Baleno Vxi please comment on the mp3 system & speakers.
Is it good enough for avg bass & treble?or does it need upgradation?
if so then Lxi is more teempting
I feel the rear speakers on the Vxi could be better. You should install 6x9 two-way ovals in the rear for better sound. I would do it on mine if I had the courage to tamper with the OE setup. I have seen comments from guys in this forum that the rear starts rattling and the speakers themselves need to be installed with mounts, something I don't feel confident tackling here in Goa.
Old 15th February 2006, 14:05   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama
Owners of the Baleno Vxi please comment on the mp3 system & speakers. Is it good enough for avg bass & treble?or does it need upgradation?
Stock MP3 system is quite OK. But then I am not too demanding
Plus I got a free active sub fitted before delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod
I don't know if the foglamps are standard fitment on the Vxi , but you can always find similar shaped ones for the Lxi as well (I wasn't able to find aftermarket exact fits - and the originals were far too expensive)
Nopes. VXi does not come with fog lamps. I wanted the dealer to fit aftermarket ones. They said they would need to cut the bumper as aftermarket lamps don't fit in the space provided. I decided against cutting and chopping a new car ! MGA lamps cost 12.5 K ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
i bought a lxi and got a defogger put as an addon.
How much does it cost ? And how is it installed? Do they replace the whole glass ?
Old 15th February 2006, 20:09   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
How much does it cost ? And how is it installed? Do they replace the whole glass ?
actually my familys bought a lot of cars from the same place so i kind of got its like a freebie.just asked him to put it.No they dont replace the entire glass they just add sliver metal strips horizontally across the rear glass which acts as the defoger.allthough its visible it does its job well.so its okay.

Rev

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks