Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2006, 20:17   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
I wanted the dealer to fit aftermarket ones. They said they would need to cut the bumper as aftermarket lamps don't fit in the space provided.
i got after market ones which fit properly without getting the bumper cut.

check them out here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpicg...p?do=view&g=23

Rev
revtech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2006, 20:40   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Nopes. VXi does not come with fog lamps. I wanted the dealer to fit aftermarket ones. They said they would need to cut the bumper as aftermarket lamps don't fit in the space provided. I decided against cutting and chopping a new car ! MGA lamps cost 12.5 K ..
Quote:
I wanted the dealer to fit aftermarket ones. They said they would need to cut the bumper as aftermarket lamps don't fit in the space provided.
i can't tell how revtech's are fitted as the lights' bloom makes it hard to tell but I picked up some cheap 600 bucks ones which were the same width as the space in the bumpers for the fogs, but a bit lower in height and not that rounded at the edges - I simply had the top part of the plastic placeholder left in when the spaces were being cut.

zaphod
zaphod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2006, 20:45   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod
ones which were the same width as the space in the bumpers for the fogs, but a bit lower in height and not that rounded at the edges
zaphod
Mine are similar to yours and the way you have mentioned is some what like how i have fitted mine.
revtech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2006, 10:39   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod
I picked up some cheap 600 bucks ones
hmmm 600 sounds tempting .. but I'm quite scared of the installers messing up the Euro III wiring .. I mean it boils down to the problem of me not knowing any reliable installer.
Maybe I'll talk to the dealer and try to get one installed there, albeit at a higher price.

But then, other than looks, how and when are the fogs effective, from a functional point of view ?
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 10:07   #65
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno Vxi test-driven

Sorry for reviving a very old thread.
We bought a used Baleno VXI in 2009. It had run for 20,000 km. Till now, it has been our primary car. The odometer reads 60,000 today.
Why am I posting this?
I'm really glad to say that the car has been a very solid workhorse. We've done trips to Goa and Shimla from Ahmedabad in it, and never did we feel uncomfortable even after 800+ kilometers of driving in one day. Yes, it looks (very) dated. Yes, the lights are inadequate (especially when competing against illegal LED bars on SUV's). Yes, the interiors belong to the 90's.
But lets judge things objectively. This is a vehicle that has climate control, electric mirrors, a very nice 1.6L engine that does 0-100 in around 13 seconds (even today). The rear seat is more comfortable than what's available in a Vento or a Dzire or an Etios. It consistently delivers 18kmpl on highways and around 14 in the city with the AC on. Apart from a suspension overhaul, we've not spent anything on maintenance (other than the routine services).
I was wondering whether we've seen enough progress in the choices available to us in the last decade. There have been many new products (Maruti's product line has the Ciaz, the City is in its fourth generation), but in terms of real value and technological attributes, do the cars available today offer a paradigm shift? I'm not too sure.
Except for the mild-hybrid system being offered on some Diesel models from Maruti and Mahindra, the engine configurations haven't changed much. There are electronic additions like rain sensing wipers and automatic headlamps, but in my humble opinion, they are not major technological upgrades. It's just a sensor that's wired to the motor.
We hope to keep this car as long as it can be run economically. Parts are still available and (hopefully) will be for the next 3 years. Thanks.
Nissan1180 is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks