Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2004, 16:47   #46
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jesal Youre right. The 2 Sans we saw at the dealership both had different headlights. One had the one you mentioned
Old 12th June 2004, 14:20   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Aditya @ April 15 2004,21:21)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (v12 @ April 15 2004,11:49)]Also there was another convertible which was gonna be launched in India. The De La Chapelle Roadster. Anyone heard of it???
De La Chapelle? Is it a French car? There was a by that name made in France. The last I heard of them was in 1990. They had made a replica of a Type 55 Bugatti. It had a 2L and 2.5L 6cyl engine producing 130bhp and 170bhp respectively.

I don't think I've heard anything about this new De La Chapelle roadster.
Guys,

Regarding De La Chapelle..

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> http://www.delachapelle.com/US/Index.htm[/quote]

Seems that the last manufaturing date is 2002.

Meeli
Old 18th November 2004, 20:19   #48

i know of this one rubber auto parts manufacturer who is a close relative of mine. she had been approached by San Motors Ltd and was asked to develop 10000 pcs of certain rubber to metal bonded item for this car. poor thing developed a mould and everything and gave them a reasonable price for that particular product. this was three years back and till date they have picked up only 4000 pcs and though she did not suffer any loss except for the tool cost which luckily she managed to recover she knew that this car would never come into market and even if it did it wasnt gonna work out as they have secured all the major componenets from these small time vendors who were once upon a time selling to maruti, fiat and mahindra. it explains why all the components look familiar.

hemant
Old 14th February 2005, 19:07   #49
BANNED

shocker

what woud someone derive by manufacturing or buying a car like the sanstorm

i personally think all our members put together wud make a better car in all aspects ,.........
Old 14th February 2005, 20:37   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vance0712
what woud someone derive by manufacturing or buying a car like the sanstorm

i personally think all our members put together wud make a better car in all aspects ,.........
DUH WE WOULD!!!!!!!
And we'd also have the sense to abandon a project if there is too less money, instead of borrowing parts from any stupid manufacturer in sight, using the cheapest mechanicals possible, and making a hash of it, and then trying to convince knowledgeable enthusiasts that we've done a great job and deserve accolades.
Old 23rd July 2005, 06:06   #51
BANNED

i actually bought this car for a week then sold it ...i mean it was worse than a cab... when you shut the door...it sounded like how it sounds when you shut the door of a cab...big mistake wasting money on this stupid car..the only thing i liked about the car was its a/c..was really chilly man...hot weather...open car but a/c on..hehehe
Old 23rd July 2005, 09:30   #52
BHPian

Looks like its a mixture of all indian cars and put into a box. Useless..if I must say but why would anyone buy that piece of junk when it has only one service station and only one dealer in the whole of India.
Old 17th February 2006, 14:09   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Schumacher
Looks like its a mixture of all indian cars and put into a box. Useless..if I must say but why would anyone buy that piece of junk when it has only one service station and only one dealer in the whole of India.
It "has"? You mean this car is still available on sale?! I thought it was some bad nightmare that went away in 2004 just as it started!

I just wonder how it probably got all the certifications so as to be able to go on sale?! Beats me. Reading the posts from the begining one gets a feeling that it was some junior school project that the crazy guys decided to put on sale. Just look at those horrible pictures. Paintwork looks like it has been done in a roadside garage, fittings are so bad that the lesser said is better and those awful looking AC controls... My god. I do not how can you even compare such a junk with perfectly meaningful indicas! And all that junk for 6.23L
Old 17th February 2006, 14:40   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Reading the posts from the begining one gets a feeling that it was some junior school project that the crazy guys decided to put on sale.
Dude even junior school projects are way better than this
Old 17th February 2006, 16:09   #55
Senior - BHPian

Why dont we move this thread to the best threads section? it provides a lot of comic relief.
Old 9th March 2006, 00:36   #56
Senior - BHPian

Getting this thread revived as part of Retro week for those who might have missed it

This test by GTO and myself is a must read. Atleast for a few laughs if nothing else
Old 9th March 2006, 12:21   #57
Senior - BHPian

I dont get the point?? What is San Motors doing. They neither publicise thier car nor does it sell but still they exsisit. Weird

I recenetly emailed them but no replied. Even their website is going the Fiat way.
Old 9th March 2006, 14:28   #58
BHPian

Reports in auto magazines

It is amazing how badly a car can be built! And to think some dealer actually hopes to sell this thing! Pictures don't lie. And just a couple of months back, I saw a report in one of our regular auto magazines, that compared all the coupes available in India, and the San Storm was one of them. I can't even say Boxter and San Storm in the same breath.
Old 9th March 2006, 16:15   #59
Senior - BHPian

Prabhu I think you are talking abou Top Gear where they had the Boxter , SLK and the San Storm in the same story
Old 9th March 2006, 17:23   #60
Team-BHP Support

sand storm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
I dont get the point?? What is San Motors doing. They neither publicise thier car nor does it sell but still they exsisit. Weird

I recenetly emailed them but no replied. Even their website is going the Fiat way.
after reading Dippy & GTO's review, they're probably ashamed to sell their products and have gone into hiding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
Top Gear where they had the Boxter , SLK and the San Storm in the same story
oye, when did that happen? have a link to the story / video? would definitely be interested in looking...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks